PDA

View Full Version : Proof of the liberal bias in the media

OU Adonis
3/27/2006, 05:43 PM
There was a tragic story about how a guy went on a shooting rampage that killed 7 (including himself). The crimes were committed with a shotgun and a handgun, but the article shows a picture of a ASSAULT RIFLE that the murder owned (it was in the back of his pickup truck.

Funny how the article takes a subtle shot at assault rifles.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12035924/

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060327/060327_seattleShooting_hmed_1p.standard.jpg

jeremy885
3/27/2006, 05:47 PM
Maybe they mention it, because if he used the ASSAULT RIFLE, the carnage would be much, much worse?

Why in the hell would anyone need a gun like that?

C&CDean
3/27/2006, 05:49 PM
It was in Seattle. He could have killed them with a stick and they'd still lambast assault weapons.

And WTF are people who are 30+ doing at an "all night rave party?" Don't you grow outta that crap at like 17?

jeremy885
3/27/2006, 05:50 PM
It was in Seattle. He could have killed them with a stick and they'd still lambast assault weapons.

And WTF are people who are 30+ doing at an "all night rave party?" Don't you grow outta that crap at like 17?

Isn't 30 the new 17 now?

C&CDean
3/27/2006, 05:50 PM
Maybe they mention it, because if he used the ASSAULT RIFLE, the carnage would be much, much worse?

Obviously you don't know **** about guns. At close range, a shotgun is WAY more lethal than an "ASSAULT RIFLE."

C&CDean
3/27/2006, 05:51 PM
Isn't 30 the new 17 now?

Obviously. People used to grow up about 30. You know, shed their liberal leanings and cop a clue? Nowadays, you see liberals with gray hair who aren't even wearing birkenstocks.

proud gonzo
3/27/2006, 05:51 PM

some competitive shooters need them for the rifle stages at matches.

And they're a LOT of fun. :D

OU Adonis
3/27/2006, 05:52 PM
Dean, maybe you can tell me this, because I am no gun expert. But does having a pistol grip on a shotgun make it a special type of weapon? Kind of like having a sawed off shotgun in the eyes of the law?

mdklatt
3/27/2006, 05:53 PM
Liberals must hate pizza delivery drivers. They mentioned his job in the article even though that had nothing to do with the shooting. They must also hate his brother (and twins).

OU Adonis
3/27/2006, 05:54 PM

Assault rifles are still only semi automatic, not to mention the fact an AR-15 I wouldn't think would be a close range weapon. The thing that would make it deadly is the 30 round clip, and I am sure a shotgun would be much worse inside a house.

OU Adonis
3/27/2006, 05:55 PM
Liberals must hate pizza deliver drivers. They mentioned his job in the article even though that had nothing to do with the shooting. They must also hate his brother (and twins).

So care to explain why they showed the assault rifle? He had a total of 5 things that you could consider weapons, 2 that were used (shotgun and pistol) and 3 that were not used (Assault rifle, machete, and bat). Why choose the assault rifle?

C&CDean
3/27/2006, 05:57 PM
Dean, maybe you can tell me this, because I am no expert. But does having a pistol grip on a shotgun make it a special type of weapon? Kind of like having a sawed off shotgun in the eyes of the law?

No, the length of the barrell determines that. Pistol gripped shotguns are typically used by law enforcement because they're easier to handle, and at close range are devastating. You don't have to hit your target, just be somewhere in the neighborhood.

OU Adonis
3/27/2006, 05:59 PM
No, the length of the barrell determines that. Pistol gripped shotguns are typically used by law enforcement because they're easier to handle, and at close range are devastating. You don't have to hit your target, just be somewhere in the neighborhood.

So basically its not ever used for hunting.

proud gonzo
3/27/2006, 06:01 PM
Assault rifles are still only semi automatic, not to mention the fact an AR-15 I wouldn't think would be a close range weapon. The thing that would make it deadly is the 30 round clip, and I am sure a shotgun would be much worse inside a house.

it would also be incredibly unwieldy because they're damn heavy.

C&CDean
3/27/2006, 06:02 PM
So its purely a self defense/human shooting type of weapon. I.E you wouldn't keep one around for hunting, ever?

Nope. Not for hunting.

I keep one under my bed. It's my #1 home defense weapon. I grab it before the .357 or the .45. You can just point it down the hallway and cut loose. Pretty much anything in that hallway will be cut in half, and you won't be killing the kids in the next room.

JohnnyMack
3/27/2006, 06:02 PM
So care to explain why they showed the assault rifle? He had a total of 5 things that you could consider weapons, 2 that were used (shotgun and pistol) and 3 that were not used (Assault rifle, machete, and bat). Why choose the assault rifle?

Maybe that photo was provided by the PD? Maybe the shotty and the pistol were stained with blood and brains and the PD didn't want pics of them released as to not seem insensitive? Maybe the shotty and pistol were in plastic bags? I dunno.

JohnnyMack
3/27/2006, 06:04 PM
This Bushmaster AR-15 semi-automatic rifle and ammunition, shown Monday at Seattle police headquarters in Seattle, were among the weapons owned by Aaron Kyle Huff.

That's what it said on the website.

Maybe since this is an ongoing investigation the PD doesn't really give a sh*t if you have an image of the murder weapon(s) right now.

C&CDean
3/27/2006, 06:05 PM
Maybe that photo was provided by the PD? Maybe the shotty and the pistol were stained with blood and brains and the PD didn't want pics of them released as to not seem insensitive? Maybe the shotty and pistol were in plastic bags? I dunno.

Or maybe the liberal fagaloids in Seattle cop wood when they get an opportunity to go after those evil assault weapons?

IB4OU2
3/27/2006, 06:07 PM
Nope. Not for hunting.

I keep one under my bed. It's my #1 home defense weapon. I grab it before the .357 or the .45. You can just point it down the hallway and cut loose. Pretty much anything in that hallway will be cut in half, and you won't be killing the kids in the next room.

Same here, I don't own a hangun. Shotguns are much more effective in the heat of the moment. 1 bullet vs 30 or so double 0 buckshot= no contest and one real dead mofo(s).

proud gonzo
3/27/2006, 06:07 PM
probably the same reason the FBI Files showed 9mm brass when the case in question involved a 22... they didn't think the real thing looked scary enough.

Jerk
3/27/2006, 06:08 PM
So basically its not ever used for hunting.

It can be. Whether or not a shotgun has a pistol grip makes absolutely no difference as to how lethel it is

I have a combat 870 12 guage, and it has no pistol grip. It would still make Fienstien sh!t her pants.

mdklatt
3/27/2006, 06:08 PM
So care to explain why they showed the assault rifle?

Maybe they didn't have a picture of the shotgun and the machete. The picture of the assault rifle was taken at the police station, so maybe the police have something to do with it. Is this proof of liberal bias in the media or proof of media sensationalism?

Jerk
3/27/2006, 06:10 PM
oh, p.s., I'd rather get hit 5 times with that AR-15 (evil black rifle pictured above) than get hit once with your grandpa's 12 guage bird gun at close range.

proud gonzo
3/27/2006, 06:11 PM
actually, the truth of what happened is probably something more along the lines of an editor saying "hey, we need a picture for this!" and some nitwit who knows nothing about firearms finding some random picture of a cool-looking gun to put with the story.

mdklatt
3/27/2006, 06:14 PM
actually, the truth of what happened is probably something more along the lines of an editor saying "hey, we need a picture for this!" and some nitwit who knows nothing about firearms finding some random picture of a cool-looking gun to put with the story.

It wasn't entirely random--the picture is apparently of a weapon seized from the shooter's home. But I'm sure it was chosen for dramatic effect more than any agenda.

proud gonzo
3/27/2006, 06:17 PM
It wasn't entirely random--the picture is apparently of a weapon seized from the shooter's home. But I'm sure it was chosen for dramatic effect more than any agenda.
ah--didn't look at the story. people are just stupid in general, though... I don't think this sort of thing is limited to the media.

JohnnyMack
3/27/2006, 06:17 PM
If this d00d used a shotty and a pistol and blew himself away with the shotgun I would imagine that there is probably some blood and whatnot all over both pieces, no? I don't seem to remember too many instances of blood stained weapons used in mass murders being posted by PD's and/or news agencies. My thought is that the pic of the assault rifle was issued by the PD and that images of the shotty & pistol weren't. Maybe I'm wrong.

proud gonzo
3/27/2006, 06:20 PM
If this d00d used a shotty and a pistol and blew himself away with the shotgun I would imagine that there is probably some blood and whatnot all over both pieces, no? I don't seem to remember too many instances of blood stained weapons used in mass murders being posted by PD's and/or news agencies. My thought is that the pic of the assault rifle was issued by the PD and that images of the shotty & pistol weren't. Maybe I'm wrong.
sounds logical to me. They probably didn't just allow the press photographers to go take pictures of anything they wanted.

Octavian
3/27/2006, 06:25 PM
no...its a definetly a communist plot

JohnnyMack
3/27/2006, 06:26 PM
I just looked and it took until 2004 for the Columbine evidence to be released.

sooneron
3/27/2006, 07:01 PM
I can't think of police releasing photos of evidence any time in recent memory. Plus, the AR just looks sexy.

JohnnyMack
3/27/2006, 08:47 PM
I can't think of police releasing photos of evidence any time in recent memory

Bullsh*t, I saw it just the other day.

http://www.math.unl.edu/~lcharbon/JFK/Images/rifle.jpg

;)

Penguin
3/27/2006, 09:12 PM
You people know way too much about how to kill people trapped in a house.

"He should have used an assault rifle"

"No, dumbass, you should always use a shotgun for 3-4 bedroom one-story houses."

Vaevictis
3/27/2006, 09:23 PM
I dunno, I imagine both are pretty effective when the people in the house aren't shooting back.

Jerk
3/27/2006, 09:23 PM

"No, dumbass, you should always use a shotgun for 3-4 bedroom one-story houses."

Even Mall Security will tell you that the shotty is the world's deadliest close range weapon.

Shooting someone at close range with 00 Buckshot is like shooting a person 9 times All AT ONCE with a .38 special. It's not rocket science.

Sometimes, the most evil looking weapon is not necessarily the best.

Vaevictis
3/27/2006, 09:24 PM
Even Mall Security will tell you that the shotty is the world's deadliest close range weapon.

Tac-Nuke?

Okla-homey
3/27/2006, 09:30 PM
Dean, maybe you can tell me this, because I am no gun expert. But does having a pistol grip on a shotgun make it a special type of weapon? Kind of like having a sawed off shotgun in the eyes of the law?

Nope. Only illegally shortened barrel length makes them illegal. You can install a pistol grip and increase the mag tube capacity and its still good-to-go with John Q. Law -- as long if its not sawed-off too short and thus more easily concealable.

IronSooner
3/27/2006, 09:43 PM

lol! Too much Counterstrike playing and Home Alone movie watching. ;)

recruiter
3/27/2006, 10:38 PM
The editors who chose the photo hate America and the troops, no doubt.

OklahomaTuba
3/27/2006, 10:58 PM
I think this actually is better proof...

http://www.exposetheleft.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/michael-ware-maher.jpg

Michael Ware, TIME Magazine’s Baghdad bureau chief appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday night. He called the situation in Iraq, like “watching a slow trainwreck” then goes on to tell Maher how is drinking now and that he’s drunk at the moment. He bashes Bush, says there is no good news coming from Iraq because in order to even go report he has to dodge getting blown up. Maher jumps in and compares the current status in Iraq to the Ma Lai Massacre in Vietnam. The Ma Lai Massacre was when troops were ordered to kill innocent people in a village.

Maher continues on and seems to be asking random questions that are directed for certain answers. For example, he asks Ware about US soldiers having affairs with Iraqi woman and the way they apparently abuse them. Ware says that our troops are mishandling women and implies that terrorists treat women better since they kidnap innocent people and tell the Iraqi’s to release women from jail.

Ware continues; he says the real winners in Bush’s war at the insurgents.

http://www.exposetheleft.net/video/michael-ware-maher.wmv

KABOOKIE
3/27/2006, 11:51 PM

http://www.exposetheleft.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/michael-ware-maher.jpg

http://www.exposetheleft.net/video/michael-ware-maher.wmv

Dees terrorisp, are kidnapping and killing people to get there womenz out of preeeeesons even when there are no womenz in the preeeesons. That show me more than anything theese terrorist are good people protected theys womenz.

:rolleyes: What a total tool bag.

JohnnyMack
3/27/2006, 11:54 PM

Thank you Captain Random.

Sooner_Bob
3/28/2006, 12:06 AM
I can't believe this wasn't posted until post 43.

"Guns don't kill people . . . people kill people."

:D

Vaevictis
3/28/2006, 12:09 AM
Guns don't kill people. People kill people. But monkeys do too (if they've got a gun...)