PDA

View Full Version : Please keep me and Mrs Homey in your thoughts

Okla-homey
3/27/2006, 01:54 PM
My blonde daughter is in Destin FL with 6 of her girlios all week for Spring Break.

I am intentionally avoiding any "Redneck Riviera" drinking establishment websites which involve pics of wet t-shirt contests and such.:eek:

mrowl
3/27/2006, 01:55 PM
(googleing "redneck riviera") ;)

sooner_born_1960
3/27/2006, 01:56 PM
I'll monitor them for you. I'll pay close attention to blondes.

OUDoc
3/27/2006, 01:56 PM
My blonde daughter is in Destin FL with 6 of her girlios all week for Spring Break.

Link? ;)

oumartin
3/27/2006, 01:58 PM
If I see them I'll let you know.. and by them I mean

;)

C&CDean
3/27/2006, 02:04 PM
I'm sure I've never mentioned it before, so this would be the perfect place to do so:

God is a wise and good God. He didn't bless me with female offspring. Thank you God. Amen.

And Homey, tell your daughter to watch out for my boys.

Okla-homey
3/27/2006, 02:12 PM
I'm sure I've never mentioned it before, so this would be the perfect place to do so:

God is a wise and good God. He didn't bless me with female offspring. Thank you God. Amen.

And Homey, tell your daughter to watch out for my boys.

:eek: :dean:

BajaOklahoma
3/27/2006, 08:45 PM
Homey, Lil Baja survived Austin for Spring Break. The South by Southwest festival was going on, in the bars, on the streets.
They stayed in the dorms one night (small rooms) and then on Lake Travis for several nights.

Destin should be a breeze.

proud gonzo
3/27/2006, 08:48 PM
i still don't understand people going places for spring break. i don't wanna do ANYTHING over spring break. but of course, most people around here don't do anything during classes anyway, so they don't really need time off :rolleyes:

edit: I'm obviously not talking about lil-homey. ;)

Okla-homey
3/27/2006, 08:56 PM
less than 24 hours at the beach and we have experienced our first crisis. Kid calls about 3pm (why is at always 3pm?)

Me: Hi, howzitgoin?

Kid: Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddy, I need to talk.

Me: gulp <as a million things run thru my head from car wreck to Lord knows what> what's the matter?

Kid: Thru tears...I had some money stolen...

Me: how?

Kid: We were at a party, mostly people from school, and I had 100.00 stolen.

Me: How did that happen? Was it at gunpoint?

Kid: Daddy, don't kid around.

Me: Well?

Kid: All the girls had put their purses in a closet during party. On the way home, we hit Taco Bell and when I checked my wallet where I had 220.00, I only had 120.00.

Me: Who was at the party?

Kid: Mostly people I knew, but there were some "random" ones too.

Me: Those "random" ones will get you everytime.

Kid: Now I know that...Daddy, I promise, from here on out, I promise I'll only bring enough money for what I'm gonna do and will leave my purse locked in the car.

Me: Good plan.

Kid: Why do you think they only stole 100.00?

Me: They were being a sneaky crook, figuring you wouldn't immediately miss the 100.00 bill given the fact they left you the other Benjamin and a twenty.

Kid: Daddy, I feel like I was, well, you know.

Me: I know. Consider yourself lucky you only learned a hundred dollar lesson.

Kid: Daddy, will you send me another hundred?

Me: Nope, that would spoil the lesson.

Kid: I figured you would say something like that.

Me: So why did you ask?

Kid: Because I know you love me and would want be to have a good time down here.

Me: Nice try.

Kid: I had to try.

Me: I know.

Kid: Bye Dad.

proud gonzo
3/27/2006, 08:58 PM
hehe :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/27/2006, 09:01 PM
I am buying up to $100 in free drinks in this weekend if anyone is interested ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/27/2006, 09:01 PM
She actually paid Dolemite $100 for his services and was embarrassed :P

Okla-homey
3/27/2006, 09:04 PM
She actually paid Dolemite $100 for his services and was embarrassed :P

Dolemite runs a Spring Break special every year. Its only 50.00 this time of year. He makes it up on volume.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/27/2006, 09:06 PM
I didn't know kids partied in Destin. I've been with my family for several years and it seems more upscale than normal Spring Break destinations

Okla-homey
3/27/2006, 09:09 PM
I didn't know kids partied in Destin. I've been with my family for several years and it seems more upscale than normal Spring Break destinations

Its only about 4 hours from where she goes to school so its the default Spring Break locale for 'Bama and Auburn kids. Its pretty "spring breaky" in late March. The regular turistas don't start rolling in until May 1st or so and the rates go up.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/27/2006, 09:10 PM
Yeah it is upscale and Poor Mr. Homey is depriving his baby of a good time :(

BeetDigger
3/27/2006, 09:13 PM
That would spoil the lesson.

I need to remember that line.

Vaevictis
3/27/2006, 09:39 PM
Dolemite runs a Spring Break special every year. Its only 50.00 this time of year. He makes it up on volume.

So basically what you're saying is that she got serviced twice?

jk the sooner fan
3/27/2006, 09:46 PM
i still don't understand people going places for spring break. i don't wanna do ANYTHING over spring break. but of course, most people around here don't do anything during classes anyway, so they don't really need time off :rolleyes:

edit: I'm obviously not talking about lil-homey. ;)

i've never taken you for the party animal type........if you were, you'd go party if you had a week off!

Okla-homey
3/27/2006, 09:50 PM
So basically what you're saying is that she got serviced twice?

I'm gonna spot you that one, but you have now achieved your quota for 2006.;)

Vaevictis
3/27/2006, 10:38 PM
I'm gonna spot you that one, but you have now achieved your quota for 2006.;)
:D I normally wouldn't have said something like that, but when you lob a softball like that, I can't possibly resist.

yermom
3/27/2006, 11:14 PM
next time let me know and i'll keep an eye on her for you ;)

Stanley1
3/27/2006, 11:19 PM
next time let me know and i'll keep an eye on her for you ;)

You aren't her type.