PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Bowl

BoomerJack
3/27/2006, 11:58 AM
Can somebody give us an update on the proposed expansion/renovation, etc. of the Cotton Bowl?

The last I recall was that there was to be some sort of referendum to approve a bond issue to pay for the upgrade. Has that taken place or will it be this November?

Thanks!!

mrowl
3/27/2006, 12:09 PM
november...

first part was to get a sponsor to fund the 1st phase.

Don't worry about it though. The city of Dallas doesn't give a crap. And a bond will never pass.

Beef
3/27/2006, 12:32 PM
november...

first part was to get a sponsor to fund the 1st phase.

Don't worry about it though. The city of Dallas doesn't give a crap. And a bond will never pass.
And then all the business owners will bitch at the city for letting the RRS go to a home and home.

BoomerJack
3/27/2006, 12:35 PM
Mrowl: Thanks for your comment. I should have done some research before my original post. I've been able to find some stuff since.

Re your comment about he bond issue passage, I tend to agree with you but you never can tell. IMHO, it depends on the Ath. Dir's. If they don't commit to a 10-15 year extension beyond 2007 (starting with the '08 game), Dallas voters won't approve it.

I'm almost sorry I brought up this depressing subject again.

tbl
3/27/2006, 12:39 PM
Dallas; the "Can't do" City.

That City Council is the worst example of government in the USA. Bunch of morans...

Tear Down This Wall
3/27/2006, 01:39 PM
Here's your update...idiots run the city of Dallas. Get ready to visit queer Austin every other year ofr the OU-Texas games.

OklahomaTuba
3/27/2006, 01:58 PM
As bad as going to queerstin will be, I'd still go there any day over the sheep humping capital of the world in stoolwater.

Taxman71
3/27/2006, 02:23 PM
I went to Bedlam in Stoolwater in 2004...WORST FOOTBALL ENVIRONMENT EVER! That school could not spell "class" if you gave them the c and ***. They'd still be giggling.

And, no, I will not go to San FranAustin for the OU game.

BoomerJack
3/27/2006, 04:09 PM
I have to agree with the comments about the City of Dallas dropping the ball on this. The spray painted grafitti was on the wall 5 years ago when they could have started something to renovate the stadium but they didn't.

But what I've been able to read from the Dallas Morning News archives, the City of Dallas has committed $50 million of new bond issue ASSUMING that OU & UT commit to an extention to play beyond 2008. The OU Regents have given approval enter into negotiations to extend but it's UT that is dragging their feet. UT is not in any hurry to make a decision.

But in all honesty, I don't think it's gonna matter. UT & OU could announce tomorrow that they will play in the Cotton Bowl for 10 - 15 years after 2008 and I still think Dallas voters will defeat the bond issue.

tbl
3/27/2006, 07:20 PM
They could have fixed this, plus tons more if they had worked with Jerry on the new Cowboys stadium. Superbowls, potential BCS bowl, a lock on OU/saxeT.... but they were too stupid to do that. Now they're trying to put a band aid on a decapitated corpse. Idiots...