PDA

View Full Version : Quote from Sooner Spectator from Kevin Wilson that I found interesting

usmc-sooner
3/26/2006, 10:54 PM
Or Jermain Gresham

I like the way he is thinking

"We might make some subtle changes offensively. One the things I think we've done well going back to the Mike Leach days is that sometimes a tight end is a tight end and sometimes he plays a flex receiver/athletic tight end and sometimes he plays a flex receiver. Jermaine will be one of those big receiver/athletic tight end guys. You can move him around and get him some matchups. I think some things we've done offensively fit his strenght and I think he can come in as a young guy and be an impact player."

OKC-SLC
3/26/2006, 11:23 PM
I just want to score a few more points this year. Hopefully KW will be looking to impress.

westcoast_sooner
3/26/2006, 11:34 PM
I just want to score a few more points than our opponents this year.

usmc-sooner
3/26/2006, 11:34 PM
I just think it's really good he's not talking about pounding AD all day. I think we have several players that we can cause matchup problems.

You know teams are going to really crowd the line this year and make Rhett and the WR's beat them.

I've always thought if they want to do that we just start burning them with the mismatches they've allowed us to create.

Octavian
3/26/2006, 11:45 PM
You know teams are going to really crowd the line this year and make Rhett and the WR's beat them.

if we can pass block this wont be a problem.

Octavian
3/26/2006, 11:45 PM
RB and the baby corps should be studly in 06

usmc-sooner
3/26/2006, 11:50 PM
you know I'm really impressed by people like Duke, he has really worked his butt off, and there are a lot of prima donnas that won't do that.

I think having people like AD, Kelly and Duke who are willing to sacrifice and work hard is going to be contagious

stonecoldsoonerfan
3/27/2006, 05:47 AM
note to self: usmc is a sunshine pumper. be sure to negspek him at every chance.

Desert Sapper
3/27/2006, 08:28 AM

I just want to completely obliterate and humiliate everybody we play. I want to hang half a hundred by halftime on at least half our opponents. I want to post shutouts in three or more games. I want to dominate early and often. Oh, and I want to blast the hell out of the blasphemous cow worshippers. That is all.

Jason White's Third Knee
3/27/2006, 09:10 AM
I just want to completely obliterate and humiliate everybody we play. I want to hang half a hundred by halftime on at least half our opponents. I want to post shutouts in three or more games. I want to dominate early and often. Oh, and I want to blast the hell out of the blasphemous cow worshippers. That is all.

Mmm. Yes. Hard to add anything to that.

OklahomaTuba
3/27/2006, 09:32 AM
Don't you mean Chuck Wilson?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/27/2006, 11:33 AM
hey, nice avatar.

RedstickSooner
3/27/2006, 11:38 AM

Only one thing to add -- I want to outscore opponents so badly, Mike Stupica makes some bonehead comment about it, and gets one of his retarded "books" neg-reviewed all the way to Hades 'n back.

I've had my fill of close games.

Collier11
3/27/2006, 12:34 PM
I love the fact that the coaches are coming out and saying that guys like mccoy , gresham, murray, etc. will be counted on rather than being like some coaches who wont give freshmen the chance to shine

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/27/2006, 01:03 PM
i find it interesting that what he is saying coincides with our scouting reports out of ardmore...

SoonerStormchaser
3/27/2006, 01:08 PM

Spek for the most obvious statement of the year!

goingoneight
3/28/2006, 09:59 PM
I just want to score a lot more points than our opponents this year.

Amen.

OU-HSV
3/28/2006, 10:08 PM
Man this was well said...I vote this quote the best offseason quote of the year.