PDA

View Full Version : OU Trivia question

1991SOONER
3/26/2006, 07:10 PM
I'm getting ready to rip into a t-sip on another board but I need to get my facts straight first:

It was in the late 80's when OU football and basketball were both ranked #1 in the country sometime during the season, right? I think '88 or so?

This t-sip is claiming that no other college has had a football team and basketball team ranked at least #2. Typical t-sip. Ignorant and arrogant...

SoonerDood
3/26/2006, 07:40 PM
we're still the only school to make the title game in both.

OKC-SLC
3/26/2006, 07:52 PM
we're still the only school to make the title game in both.
yep.

Soonerus
3/26/2006, 08:08 PM
87-88 school year....

Big Red Ron
3/26/2006, 08:23 PM
We were very close in 85 too.

GDC
3/26/2006, 08:30 PM
OU's 88 > UT's 2006

1991SOONER
3/26/2006, 08:33 PM
OU's 88 > UT's 2006

DAM N STRAIGHT

Desert Sapper
3/27/2006, 08:58 AM
Yeah, too bad we couldn't seal the deal against Miami or Kansas that year. Eh, in the past. We should have beat both. If the secondary didn't get torched early in the OB and Danny Manning didn't go platinum in the BB NC, we would have.

1991SOONER
3/27/2006, 03:34 PM
Yeah, too bad we couldn't seal the deal against Miami or Kansas that year. Eh, in the past. We should have beat both. If the secondary didn't get torched early in the OB and Danny Manning didn't go platinum in the BB NC, we would have.

Ya nailed it buddy. We really should have won against Kansas, a team we had already beaten twice that year. Oh well, we have way too many trophies as it is.....:rolleyes:

CtheB
3/28/2006, 08:22 AM

Geez, please no more nightmares of KU stiffs playing like All Stars in the NC game. Clint Normore, Alfreaka, Piper. Also still waiting for that apparently impossible fourth foul on Manning.

RiddlerOK
3/28/2006, 11:57 AM
1987 - 1988 NCAA Div. I football title game (Orange Bowl): Miami 20 OU 14

1988 NCAA Div. I basketball championship: Kansas 83 OU 79

brb240
3/28/2006, 12:41 PM
1991Sooner OU beat KU three times in 88. At their house, at our house and the big8 finals.

CobraKai
3/28/2006, 12:42 PM
1991Sooner OU beat KU three times in 88. At their house, at our house and at their house again.

fixed it

CobraKai
3/28/2006, 12:44 PM
We then lost in KC for the NCAA title, playing them in their house for the third time. Interestingly we played Miami in their house too. Stinks.

Jason White's Third Knee
3/28/2006, 12:48 PM
We then lost in KC for the NCAA title, playing them in their house for the third time. Interestingly we played Miami in their house too. Stinks.

We seem to run in to that **** a lot.

We play FSU in the Orange Bowl.
We play LSU in the Sugar Bowl.
Miami in the OB
WSU in the Rose
Yeeecccchhhhh.

Salt City Sooner
3/28/2006, 01:12 PM
1991Sooner OU beat KU three times in 88. At their house, at our house and the big8 finals.
Uh, no.

http://soonerstats.com/bb/seasons/schedule.cfm?SeasonID=1988

Sooner24
3/29/2006, 09:59 AM

We played KSU in the finals in 88. In the semi-finals KSU beat KU. We were setting in the section next to the KSU fans and late in the game they started chanting NIT NIT NIT at the KU fans. Little did we know what was going to happen in just a few short weeks. :(

Desert Sapper
3/29/2006, 10:09 AM
We caught some pretty bad breaks that year. We still should have won. Both games.

RooseveltRoughRider
3/29/2006, 11:04 AM
OK..first of all OHIO STATE did it in both..
secondly...here is some trivia.
How many Football Nat'l Titles has OU won in the last 20 years? 1
This Decade? 0
When was the last time OU scored more than one TD in a game vs. UT? 2003

lol

Desert Sapper
3/29/2006, 12:31 PM
When was the last time OU blew UT out of the water and scored more than 60 points? 2003

Before that? 2000

When was the last time UT did that to OU? Oh yeah, never.

So, STFU.

shavedmarmoset
3/29/2006, 01:18 PM
This Decade? 0

lol

More OU-UT trivia. Who has more national titles? OU
Conference titles? OU
Heisman trophies? OU
All-Americans? thats, right. OU

crimson&cream
3/30/2006, 09:02 PM
More OU-UT trivia. Who has more national titles? OU
Conference titles? OU
Heisman trophies? OU
All-Americans? thats, right. OU
here's more Roosevelt,
Longest win streaks 47,31,28 all in the top 20 for OU...TexAss not listed
All-Time AP Top 20
OU # 2 TexASS 8th
Weeks ranked- #1 OU 95 TexASS 8th
Weeks ranked Top 5- OU # 1 TexASS 8th
Modern Era of FB Total wins---# 1 OU 512 TexASS 7th 481
3 Coaches in College FB HOF Owens, Wilkinson, Switzer OU
Winningest team of the 50's OU Winningest Team of the 70's OU
Winningest team of the 2000's OU
Bowl wins- OU 24 TexASS 21
Winningest Team of Modern Era of FB percentage wise
OU # 1 TexAss not in top 5
Most points scored All-Time NCAA Rec OU with 28,433 past season not included.
National Award winners ie: Butkus etc OU 63 Could only find 4 TexASS surely they have more than that LMAO.
Modern era FB OU VS TexASS OU 29 wins TexASS 28
IF we wanted any lip off the Longwhorens we'd peel it off our zippers.!
\

shavedmarmoset
3/30/2006, 11:49 PM
Where did you go Roosevelt?

Salt City Sooner
3/31/2006, 12:45 AM
here's more Roosevelt,
All-Time AP Top 20
OU # 2 TexASS 8th
National Award winners ie: Butkus etc OU 63 Could only find 4 TexASS surely they have more than that LMAO.
\
http://img198.echo.cx/img198/1428/1031224126520l5yh.gif

sooner518
3/31/2006, 01:48 AM
This Decade? 0

lol
?? Since when is the 2000-2001 season not considered part of this decade?

When we can hold UT to ZER0 points, we don't need to score more than one TD. or have you forgotten 2004 already?

Desert Sapper
3/31/2006, 03:14 AM
?? Since when is the 2000-2001 season not considered part of this decade?

When we can hold UT to ZER0 points, we don't need to score more than one TD. or have you forgotten 2004 already?

The Red River ShutOUt. Click-Click. Boom. Suck on that one for a while superwhorns.

RooseveltRoughRider
3/31/2006, 05:27 PM
here's more Roosevelt,
All-Time AP Top 20
OU # 2 TexASS 8th
\

You only found 4 Award winners from Texas?? LMAO...try again guy, you must not have read my last post.

Here is a question...Given all this illustrious stuff you have exaggerated and listed, one would surely think that OU has beaten Texas more than Texas has beat OU right???

Or does history just start fropm 2000....lol....Texas has kicked your *** all over the past 100 years. You didnt start winning again till this decade...what is it 50 something to 30 something?

BASSooner
3/31/2006, 05:34 PM
Why don't you go back to your wormhole Roosevelt? You saw the stats and yet you still deny it. Face it. OU is a better program than UT all-time.

TexasLidig8r
3/31/2006, 05:41 PM
Let's see.... OU fans insist on attempting to affix cute, detrimental names to Texas (see, by way of example, Texass or Whorns).

OU fans insist on attempting to affix a subjective period in time to bolster their arguments and bring more meaning to skewed statistics.

For a little perspective...

OkieLite fans insist on attempting to affix cute, detrimenal names to OU (see by way of example, Gooners)

OkieLite fans insist on attempting to affix a subjective period in time to bolster their arguments and bring more meaning to skewed statistics (i.e, we've beaten the Gooners twice in the last 5 years).

Coincidence? or.. is OU no longer content with, admittedly, their very impressive football history and traditions and instead, must attempt to improve their self worth by deriding and attempting to denigrate their rivals?

LosAngelesSooner
3/31/2006, 05:46 PM
You're right, LID...I've never seen a Whorn poster on Whornfans denegrate OU by calling us Jokelahoma or the Swooners. :rolleyes:

BTW

Hook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'em

Sooner24
3/31/2006, 05:46 PM
Let's see.... OU fans insist on attempting to affix cute, detrimental names to Texas (see, by way of example, Texass or Whorns).

OU fans insist on attempting to affix a subjective period in time to bolster their arguments and bring more meaning to skewed statistics.

OkieLite fans insist on attempting to affix cute, detrimenal names to OU (see by way of example, Gooners)

OkieLite fans insist on attempting to affix a subjective period in time to bolster their arguments and bring more meaning to skewed statistics (i.e, we've beaten the Gooners twice in the last 5 years).

Coincidence? or.. is OU no longer content with, admittedly, their very impressive football history and traditions and instead, must attempt to improve their self worth by deriding and attempting to denigrate their rivals?

Tell you what I will take the National Titles and you can have the series lead. :D

1stTimeCaller
3/31/2006, 05:47 PM
OK..first of all OU is the only school to play in both title games during the same school year..
This Decade? 1

lol

at least get your facts correct if you are gonna run your mouth. HS punks, what are we gonna do with em?

TexasLidig8r
3/31/2006, 05:47 PM
You're right, LID...I've never seen a Whorn poster on Whornfans denegrate OU by calling us Jokelahoma or the Swooners. :rolleyes:

BTW

Hook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'em

Dirt Burglars or Land Thieves are much more.. . colorful.

sooner518
3/31/2006, 06:41 PM
Or does history just start fropm 2000....lol....Texas has kicked your *** all over the past 100 years. You didnt start winning again till this decade...what is it 50 something to 30 something?
Id say we started winning around the time WWII ended.

UT leads the all time series 56-39-5. Before 1948, UT led 29-11-2. Since then, OU leads 28-27-3. SO congrats on all those victories in 1910's, 20s and 30s when Princeton and Yale ruled the football world.

crimson&cream
3/31/2006, 07:41 PM
You only found 4 Award winners from Texas?? LMAO...try again guy, you must not have read my last post.

Here is a question...Given all this illustrious stuff you have exaggerated and listed, one would surely think that OU has beaten Texas more than Texas has beat OU right???

You need to reread my post and try to understand what you read..I know thats hard for a Longwhore, and BTW didn't you TeXASSAN's take the land away from the Mexicans ...just like stealing you alls self.
The modern era of FB is considered from the end of WW II. I took the info on my post from ESPN sports Almanac, they and other Sports almanac's don't list some of the stuff before WWII.
Can I help it if I only counted 4 Natl award winners for Texass , thats not my fault. Hell we have that many Heisman's winner's.
Here's what the book Saturday Shines has to say about OU FB
"It shoots high into the Oklahoma sky and serves as home to one of the GREATEST programs in college football history. There have been great teams (seven national championships)"
"It you're looking for a picuresque setting, you'll be disappointed.
But if it's an intense football enviroment, dripping with GREATNESS, that you're after. Memorial Stadium is the place to be on Saturdays in the fall"

From Steet & Smiths book
50 Greatest FB Programs of All Time
"Oklahoma football. Perhaps no two words are as synonymous with tradition of excellence, since WWII. The Sooners have amased the best winning perecentage (.762) of the sports modern era. In the history of collegiate football, no team has scored more points (28,433) or spent more time atop the Asssociated Press weekly media polls (95). In addition, the Sooners claim four Hesiman Trophy winnner's: Billy Vessels,(52),Steve owens (69),Billy Sims (78) and Jason White (2003).
While the Oklahoma Sooners may not be recognized as the No 1 team of all time, there is little question that they have been the MOST DOMINATE team of footballs modren era and it looks as if the Sooners have no intention of slowing down"
They rated us 3rd all time behind ND and SC they rated Texass 9th again LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Go SOONERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry Beanbag
3/31/2006, 08:01 PM
Dirt Burglars or Land Thieves are much more.. . colorful.

So is this you admitting that your previous post was a load of mack?

BTW, I even think dirt burglars is pretty clever. :)

crimson&cream
3/31/2006, 08:02 PM

Your subjective accusation doesn't hold water as most Sports Alamanc's and Sports books talk about the modern era, not us Sooners.... you moron. ain't our fault you all don't measure up in the modern era of college FB as well as us, we don't set that standard, the sports world does ...moron.
How long was it since you all won and NC ? ..... something like 35 yrs Hell we've 4 since then. How many times were you ever in position to play for an NC since 69?....ZERO Oh my Bad LMAO,..... but we've have 4/5/6 times besides the one's we've won.
Denigrate rivals........what a laugher as if you Lonhwhores never do that, what a crock!
Who started this $hit a Longwhore named Roosevelt. pluck the plank out of your own eyes before you say $hit like that.
BTW You know how to tell if a Longwhore is married, by the tobacco spit stains on the outside of both his pick-up doors.
BTW has TexASS ever had a play about your state on Broadway that once held the record for consecutive preformances, Oh my bad again. Texass never has. Maybe you all could claim the movie "Brokeback Mountain" being about Texass since everything in TexASS is suppose to....supposed to be. again supposed to be bigger and better....maybe only in the category of BLOW HEARTS, get that BLow & Brokeback Mountain. LMAO.

RooseveltRoughRider
3/31/2006, 08:32 PM
LMAO @ this meat rocket bringing Broadway into the mix....and for the record Texas has 18 Award Winners (5 in the last 2 years), so quit making false Bush administration type statements Scumsfeld.

RooseveltRoughRider
3/31/2006, 08:41 PM
How many times were we in position to Win a NC since 1969???

Hmmm...

1969- 11-0 National Champs
1970- 10-1 National Champs
1977 10-0 until theyLost to Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl (Would have won it had they won)
1983 11-0, Ranked #1 and lost the NC by 1 point
2001- If OU would have beat OSU, Texas would have played for the NC instead of the Big XII CG.

2004 11-1, would have played for the NC if it won the RRS
2005 13-0 National Champs

I would say it's been in our reach quite a bit.

BASSooner
3/31/2006, 08:52 PM
the thing is out of all of those...you only won 3...3/7...crappy job whereas we have obviously done better

Jello Biafra
3/31/2006, 08:54 PM

Hmmm...

1977 10-0 until theyLost to Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl (Would have won it had they won)
2001- If OU would have beat OSU, Texas would have played for the NC instead of the Big XII CG.

roosevelt rump rider,

woulda shoulda coulda....

ricky martin called and was looking for his pajamas. wants ya to call him.

if we're lookin at 69 through now....i think we have ya beat on that 36 year stretch and we were "shoulda" "coulda" and "woulda" in most of those years as well.

whats the record since the modern era of football? you know since there have been actual rules implemented and enforced, football helmets, actual students of the university etc etc etc?

Vaevictis
3/31/2006, 09:29 PM

First, if you didn't get to the NC game, you weren't in a position to win it. Second, your premise is totally bogus. If OU beats OSU that year, *we* go to the Big XII CCG. If we win that, no way you go to the NC game. If we lose it, STILL no way you go having lost to the loser of the CCG.

Were you at the NC game that year? No? Not in a position to win then.

So basically, that leaves you two "near misses" in what, 35ish years? You know that we only have to go back three years to have two "near misses," right? And to top it off, we have more national championships over the last 35 years. Nice try though.

RooseveltRoughRider
3/31/2006, 09:41 PM
First, if you didn't get to the NC game, you weren't in a position to win it. Second, your premise is totally bogus. If OU beats OSU that year, *we* go to the Big XII CCG. If we win that, no way you go to the NC game. If we lose it, STILL no way you go having lost to the loser of the CCG.

Were you at the NC game that year? No? Not in a position to win then.

So basically, that leaves you two "near misses" in what, 35ish years? You know that we only have to go back three years to have two "near misses," right? And to top it off, we have more national championships over the last 35 years. Nice try though.
Technically there were no NC games until the BCS made one...but since you brought it up, we dont lose NC games and embarrass the Conference. Who cares if you go and lose. Do they keep tabs of LOSERS of the National Championship game? Just worry about next year. You all live in the past. You'll be talking about the 5 game winning streak for ages, even though I have heard no mention of your 2-8 record vs. UT in the 90's including a 4 year streak where the RANKED Sooners lost to to the Unranked Longhorns 4 years in a row.

Instead of dwellling in the past achievements young Texans that went North
be concerned about the fact that you lost to 3 Texas teams last year, and your school lost MORE contests in 2005 as Texas did in the last 3 seasons combined...forget what happened, look at whats getting ready to happen.
Barely being bowl eligible....going into overtime with BAYLOR...barely beating a sorry Nebraska....grinding it out with Tulsa...losing to TCU, almost losing to A&M...getting blew out by USC and UCLA...and your Rival....Stoops losing 2 consecutive NC games....

I would be really concerned about yor overrated coach and slipping program. Stoops is gone if he has a repeat season as 2005. Watch. I love ****ing you guys off, and October cant come quick enough.:mack: :texan: :texan: :mack: :mack: :mack:

Vaevictis
3/31/2006, 09:59 PM
Technically there were no NC games until the BCS made one...

And the years I commented on? Yeah, there were NC games those years.

but since you brought it up, we dont lose NC games and embarrass the Conference.

No, you don't, but that's only because we normally embarass you in October so you never get the chance to do it at the NC game. How many times in the past six years do you think you would have gone to the national championship if it weren't for the Sooners kicking your team's *** in?

Who cares if you go and lose. Do they keep tabs of LOSERS of the National Championship game? Just worry about next year.

If that's the way you feel, don't bring it up. You do remember that I was responding to YOUR running YOUR mouth about "almost winning it"? All I was doing was pointing out that even by the metric you were running your trap about, we had a better record.

You all live in the past. You'll be talking about the 5 game winning streak for ages

Yessir. And we'll be talking about the 5 (or 10) game winning streak starting this October, too.

even though I have heard no mention of your 2-8 record vs. UT in the 90's including a 4 year streak where the RANKED Sooners lost to to the Unranked Longhorns 4 years in a row.

You're welcome to crow about that if you want. But if it had any legs at all, you would be already.

BASSooner
3/31/2006, 11:24 PM
Ok I could not help but notice the fact that you said that you owned us in the 90s...True that we were bad, in fact those were the worst years. HOWEVER, you say that as if you're team never had to experience that. Remember when Switzer OWNED royal and how Stoops still owns mack daddy so far(5-2)?

RooseveltRoughRider
3/31/2006, 11:37 PM
Hey, every program has it's down period. Both have their up periods. Right now UT has the upper hand no matter how you look at it. To think Ou's future is brighter heading into next season is crazy..

The series is virtually tied in the modern age. Ou may be up 29-28. Both teams have lost the exact same amount of games this decade (11). OU has won 68, Teexas has won 65. UT has been a Top 25 Team every week since Stoops has been the Coach. No matter how you look at it both teams are good. And my only reason for stirrin up stuff and throwin low blows is because people act like OU is just hands down destoying Ut and that is not the case. Anyone that says Texas is not a great program with a great football team is foolish. You won't hear me say that about OU because I cant. I KNOW the sooners are a great team with a great tradition. But to say Texas is NOT is insane.

I dont kow how many times I have heard "VY is gone, Texas will be back to sucking again!". When was the last time Texas sucked? 1997 Maybe..
I think you all tend to forget that during your 5 game win streak, no one else was really beating us. a team may get lucky here and there, but heading into the 2006 season the last time a team beat Texas in the regular season that was NOT OU....would be Texas Tech in 03? But Texas sucks..give me a break!

BASSooner
3/31/2006, 11:47 PM
Hey, every program has it's down period. Both have their up periods. Right now UT has the upper hand no matter how you look at it. To think Ou's future is brighter heading into next season is crazy..

The series is virtually tied in the modern age. Ou may be up 29-28. Both teams have lost the exact same amount of games this decade (11). OU has won 68, Teexas has won 65. UT has been a Top 25 Team every week since Stoops has been the Coach. No matter how you look at it both teams are good. And my only reason for stirrin up stuff and throwin low blows is because people act like OU is just hands down destoying Ut and that is not the case. Anyone that says Texas is not a great program with a great football team is foolish. You won't hear me say that about OU because I cant. I KNOW the sooners are a great team with a great tradition. But to say Texas is NOT is insane.

I dont kow how many times I have heard "VY is gone, Texas will be back to sucking again!". When was the last time Texas sucked? 1997 Maybe..
I think you all tend to forget that during your 5 game win streak, no one else was really beating us. a team may get lucky here and there, but heading into the 2006 season the last time a team beat Texas in the regular season that was NOT OU....would be Texas Tech in 03? But Texas sucks..give me a break!
I'll tell you what is crazy. Ever since you beat us that ONE time you think that UT will continue to reign superior...WRONG. OU's future is brighter than you think. You're VERY judgemental on OU. This was a recovery year for the sooners. This year might possibly be y'alls turn believe it or not. We say this because this is entirely true. This year was ALL VY on offense and the defense which is pretty much gone or more than half of it anyway. Vince was the ONLY QB that could make things happen at texas. Applewhite couldnt do it, nor could Simms. That is why we say texas will suck again. VY was the offense. He is gone. Defense was great. Valuable players are gone. They won't be nearly as good.

RooseveltRoughRider
3/31/2006, 11:54 PM
I'll tell you what is crazy. Ever since you beat us that ONE time you think that UT will continue to reign superior...WRONG. OU's future is brighter than you think. You're VERY judgemental on OU. This was a recovery year for the sooners. This year might possibly be y'alls turn believe it or not.

I know this was a recovery year for OU, and they did well considering the odds...but UT 2006 is in now way shape or form OU 2005. That is the misconception thats out there. In fact, aside from the QB position Texas is going to be better at every position next year. And you can say what you want about having a new QB...but answer me this. Would OU be hurt more without AD or wihtout Bomar. We all know the answer to that. Thinking that texas will be a walkl in the park next year because VY is gone is crazy. The Secondary, both lines, receivers and backfield will be among the best in the country. this is the first season UT will return ALL of its receivers, ALL of it's running backs, most of it's O-line, and 4 D-linemen and 4 Secondary guys with significant experience, plus coming off a national championship win and a 20 game win streak. What Texas had been missing in those 5 loses is there now. The will to win, physical play, and composure. The talented teams that got whipped did not have that. So I am just not seeing how Ut will be like OU was this past season. Not a chance. The bar has been raised and they have the personnell to keep it there.

BASSooner
3/31/2006, 11:55 PM
and in our terms of "texas sucking" is when texas couldn't beat ou(excluding Bob's first year at OU). We have proof that you guys sucked. Just look at 2000 and 2003.

RooseveltRoughRider
3/31/2006, 11:58 PM
Whoaaaaahh..half the defense is gone???

We lost 4 defensive starters..and their replacements are awesome, hell they started half the season anyway.

Rod Wright is it from the DL
Aaron Harris from the LB's
and Huff and Griffin from the Secondary...
next years DB's all started this year or last year.

aaron ross
Tarrell Brown
Marcus Griffin
Michael Griffin
Drew Kelson

I'll take those 5 anyday!

RooseveltRoughRider
4/1/2006, 12:01 AM
True enough, Mack could not figure out how to beat OU. You may think Vince is the only reason, but thats not really so. Texas had tons of talent when OU beat them (maybe even more than OU), but they did not know how to win and played like some vaginas. They would get hit in the mouth and not hit back. Players like TRRW were something they could not handle. They simply were not physical enough. That has changed, and is the reason they won in my opinion.

RooseveltRoughRider
4/1/2006, 12:05 AM
2000 & 2003?

We were 9-3 and 10-3 those years. 7-1 in Conference play both years, including a 31-7 beating of a ranked Nebraska.

That's sucking? WOW..the rest of the Big 12 must of REALLY sucked then.

BASSooner
4/1/2006, 12:05 AM
I know this was a recovery year for OU, and they did well considering the odds...but UT 2006 is in now way shape or form OU 2005. That is the misconception thats out there. In fact, aside from the QB position Texas is going to be better at every position next year. And you can say what you want about having a new QB...but answer me this. Would OU be hurt more without AD or wihtout Bomar. We all know the answer to that. Thinking that texas will be a walkl in the park next year because VY is gone is crazy. The Secondary, both lines, receivers and backfield will be among the best in the country. this is the first season UT will return ALL of its receivers, ALL of it's running backs, most of it's O-line, and 4 D-linemen and 4 Secondary guys with significant experience, plus coming off a national championship win and a 20 game win streak. What Texas had been missing in those 5 loses is there now. The will to win, physical play, and composure. The talented teams that got whipped did not have that. So I am just not seeing how Ut will be like OU was this past season. Not a chance. The bar has been raised and they have the personnell to keep it there.

Here's an overview of UT. And yes, I know the marjority of players. This would be the comparison from last year to this coming year.

Offense
QB- obviously 05>06 inexperience will cost texas a couple of games
RB-06=05 makes sense OL is not as good, RBs gain experience and get better
WR-close call but 06>05 but not by much. You guys have good quantity of receivers even if that one guy is gone...Robinson I think?
TE 06<05 Tweedie is good but he won't be as good as Thomas was as a senior
OL-still solid and one of the best in the big 12 but 06<05
FB-eh I don't pay attention

Defense
DT-Okam is really good, not sure by this point if he can be as wright when he's senior but he will keep that position solidified. Miller and Lockey are good too but the loss of dibbles effects it though...06<05
DE-same guys coming back, should get better plus eddie jones will be in the mix 06>05
LB-not sure either stay the same or get better, bobino and killigrew are talented but I think i'll have to say 06>05
DB-loss of ced griff and michael huff hurt, this is a no brainer 06<05

Offense's biggest loss-QB

Defense biggest loss-secondary

BASSooner
4/1/2006, 12:06 AM
2000 & 2003?

We were 9-3 and 10-3 those years. 7-1 in Conference play both years, including a 31-7 beating of a ranked Nebraska.

That's sucking? WOW..the rest of the Big 12 must of REALLY sucked then.
no you guys sucked because we beat you guys by 49 and 52 points

Desert Sapper
4/1/2006, 12:57 AM
I won't say that saxet has sucked. I hate them, but I won't say that. Saying they sucked detracts from what OU has accomplished by smacking them down for 5 straight years, and destroying them in 2000 and 2003. I don't think that saxet will be as bad as we were this past season, partially because of the O-Line. Saxet has the O-Linemen to fill the gaps. The O-Line won't be as dominant as it was this year, because the two dudes they lost will probably go late first-early second round in the upcoming draft. Saxet loses two very good DBs, and Huff will go mid first round. The secondary won't be nearly as dominant as it was last year. Harris is a big loss, but the depth is there to fill the hole. Rod Wright is a big loss, he'll probably go in the first round, too. Even with all those losses and the loss of VY, saxet will not suck as bad as we did last year. The Rose Bowl win and first NC in 36 years will be a huge boost. However, I expect this saxet squad to be good but not great.

Red River will be a battle.

OUr O-Line will be better, AD will be back, and Bomar will be better. OUr receivers are the best in the country and they all return. OUr defense is already light years ahead of where it was last year. Losing DD hurts, but the depth returns on the D-Line and most have started. Getting our best DEs back after injury helps a ton. Ruuufus is the man. I expect to see Ryan Reynolds doing great things this year. The secondary is much, much better this year. In sum, I think both teams will be fairly equal at RR. If saxet gets the early breaks, we might be in trouble. A lot will depend on how much growth happens between now and October.

Bottom line, saxet is good, but will be a little down from last year's performance. OU is good, and will be much better than last year's performance. My crimson glasses show us winning.

RooseveltRoughRider
4/1/2006, 07:46 AM
I won't say that saxet has sucked. I hate them, but I won't say that. Saying they sucked detracts from what OU has accomplished by smacking them down for 5 straight years, and destroying them in 2000 and 2003. I don't think that saxet will be as bad as we were this past season, partially because of the O-Line. Saxet has the O-Linemen to fill the gaps. The O-Line won't be as dominant as it was this year, because the two dudes they lost will probably go late first-early second round in the upcoming draft. Saxet loses two very good DBs, and Huff will go mid first round. The secondary won't be nearly as dominant as it was last year. Harris is a big loss, but the depth is there to fill the hole. Rod Wright is a big loss, he'll probably go in the first round, too. Even with all those losses and the loss of VY, saxet will not suck as bad as we did last year. The Rose Bowl win and first NC in 36 years will be a huge boost. However, I expect this saxet squad to be good but not great.

Red River will be a battle.

OUr O-Line will be better, AD will be back, and Bomar will be better. OUr receivers are the best in the country and they all return. OUr defense is already light years ahead of where it was last year. Losing DD hurts, but the depth returns on the D-Line and most have started. Getting our best DEs back after injury helps a ton. Ruuufus is the man. I expect to see Ryan Reynolds doing great things this year. The secondary is much, much better this year. In sum, I think both teams will be fairly equal at RR. If saxet gets the early breaks, we might be in trouble. A lot will depend on how much growth happens between now and October.

Bottom line, saxet is good, but will be a little down from last year's performance. OU is good, and will be much better than last year's performance. My crimson glasses show us winning.

Well I agree with the last two posters, except I dont think OU has the best receivers in the country, and I personally think Rod Wright sucked. And this years RRS will definently be a fight.

Jason White's Third Knee
4/1/2006, 08:06 AM
If you were embarrassed by OU's performance in the Sugar Bowl against LSU, then you either didn't watch the game, or were suckered in by the media *********s that didn't watch the game. Until the last 4 incompletions, I saw us winning that game. To say that we embarrassed the conference is very Mark May of you.

No one will ever be able to explain the debacle against usc. If they played the next day, no way usc blows out OU like they did. Everything went right for usc after Mark Bradley cursed that football.

Texas is a great program and you have Mack to thank for it. I am still glad that we have Stoops, because I think he does have Mack's number regardless of last year's loss. I really can't wait for this year's RRS. I think that we are so evenly matched that it'll be a good one.

Desert Sapper
4/1/2006, 10:17 AM
If you were embarrassed by OU's performance in the Sugar Bowl against LSU, then you either didn't watch the game, or were suckered in by the media *********s that didn't watch the game. Until the last 4 incompletions, I saw us winning that game.

Same here, dude. And I was surrounded by SEC fans. Wow did that suck. That game was a defensive battle. If we weren't in such a funk after the CCG, we probably would have destroyed LSU. That 2003 team may have been our best ever. Just goes to show where overconfidence will get you (paying attention whorns?).

TXBOOMER
4/1/2006, 11:38 AM

That OB mad me sick. I'll never forget while exiting the stadium, there was a very large African-American standing outside the gate rapping okla-go-homa over and over.

crimson&cream
4/1/2006, 04:11 PM
This goes on and on , but the bottom line is OU in the modern era of college FB has no peer, espeically not TexASS, as this thread has progressed the only conclusion an OU fan can come to is the Longwhores are are a bunch of jealous delirious blow hearts that can't accept the facts OU has been the better program since WWII.
They remind me of something John Kenneth Galbraith said yrs ago.
"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving there is no need to so, almost everyone(especially Longwhores) gets busy on the proof"
Problem is for them they have no proof.
So I'm through here as we OU fans are wasting good time trying to convince a bunch of moron's they're usually ranked 8/9th in most all College FB categories, even by the Natl Media since WWII.
Do you really think if you hadn't a one man show, VY, you'd even played in the NC game.......answer NO!Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em

BASSooner
4/1/2006, 04:27 PM
It took VY to win the conference game and it took VY to win a national championship...just one man a man that no1 else at saxet could do. Now he's gone. We on other hand it went like this. It took a team to win a conference championship, a team to win a national championship...this team came from the bottome to the top. We know how to roll.

RooseveltRoughRider
4/1/2006, 08:23 PM
Aside from The NC game if you look at UT's toughest and biggest games..VY was not a real factor. An outstanding defense, offensive line and backfield is what won Ut's biggest games. If you look through clear lenses, you'll see that Vince did more hurt than help against OU, Ohio State and Texas A&M.

Vince Young had nothing to do with holding OU to 12 points the last two games. I think they had a good defense too. That statement is like me saying OU would not have went to the Orange Bowl without AD in 2004.

Would they have???

Sooner24
4/1/2006, 08:33 PM
Aside from The NC game if you look at UT's toughest and biggest games..VY was not a real factor. An outstanding defense, offensive line and backfield is what won Ut's biggest games. If you look through clear lenses, you'll see that Vince did more hurt than help against OU, Ohio State and Texas A&M.

Vince Young had nothing to do with holding OU to 12 points the last two games. I think they had a good defense too. That statement is like me saying OU would not have went to the Orange Bowl without AD in 2004.

Would they have???

That statement is one of the stupidest I have EVAR read ANYWHERE!!!

1991SOONER
4/1/2006, 10:12 PM
Number of suckass horns logging on to OU forums in attempt to validate

themselves as a "better" football program = 10,919

Number of Sooners logging on to littlehorns forums = 0

Congratulations on finally catching OU on a rebuilding year. Otherwise, Vince Young would be working at Jack-in-the-Box by now (with Mack Brown):D

proudsoonergal
4/1/2006, 10:33 PM
I think you all tend to forget that during your 5 game win streak, no one else was really beating us. a team may get lucky here and there...

Um, just off the top of my head:

Stanford, 2000 (oh, what were they ranked again?)

Arkansas, 2003 - in AUSTIN. You're right, Matt Jones' conversion of 4th and 26 was a complete stroke of luck......

Jello Biafra
4/2/2006, 01:37 AM
Vince Young had nothing to do with holding OU to 12 points the last two games. I think they had a good defense too. Would they have???

well, according to one of your homowning brothers, defense doesn't win games. apparently halzle can't throw the ball and we have one runningback that is too tried to even carry the water bottle. the wrs couldn't catch the ball at all so it automatically means our offense sucks and our offensive line couldn't stop the jackson five much less the front 5 of texas' defense. i guess noone ever considered our top 10 defense from last year COULD actually be better...........

like i said earlier, our defense is going to show your rook qb what he will be receiving for the rest of the year in the big XII. welcome BACK to mediocrity.

Jello Biafra
4/2/2006, 01:40 AM

Arkansas, 2003 - in AUSTIN. You're right, Matt Jones' conversion of 4th and 26 was a complete stroke of luck......

rooseveltknobgoblin just got

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~raza/owned-headbulge.jpg

by a chick!

crimson&cream
4/2/2006, 09:26 AM

Would they have???
Busy on the proof eh... Roosevelt, your the epitome of Galbraith's
In the modern era of FB has TexASS
More total wins than OU NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Better winning percentage NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scored more total points NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Won more NC's NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beat OU more. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been ranked # 1 more weeks NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had more All-Americans NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have 3 of the longest winning streaks NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Won more Bowl games NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had more Natl award winners NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had more Heismans winners NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Won more Big 12 C's NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best team record of 3 different decades like OU' 50's ,70's and now
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have 3 of of the winningest Coaches ever. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FB Program ranked higher overall in Sports publications than OU. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
So just how in the hell do you think your program is as prestigious
as ours? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's not.
You all may have more press coverage because you have more larger cities, and everything in TexASS is bigger so they say....even delirious BLOWHEARTS!
Now I'm done. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RooseveltRoughRider
4/2/2006, 10:08 AM

And as I said, a team may get lucky here or there. So are you saying that Oklahoma State was better than OU when they beat you 2 YEARS in a row? I did'nt think so. I would rather lose to Arkansas than OSU anyday.

RooseveltRoughRider
4/2/2006, 10:15 AM
well, according to one of your homowning brothers, defense doesn't win games. apparently halzle can't throw the ball and we have one runningback that is too tried to even carry the water bottle. the wrs couldn't catch the ball at all so it automatically means our offense sucks and our offensive line couldn't stop the jackson five much less the front 5 of texas' defense. i guess noone ever considered our top 10 defense from last year COULD actually be better...........

like i said earlier, our defense is going to show your rook qb what he will be receiving for the rest of the year in the big XII. welcome BACK to mediocrity.

Mediocrity??

TEXAS

2005 13-0
2004 11-1
2003 10-3
2002 11-2
2001 11-2
2000 9-3

You are really stretching it with the "Medicority" comment.. oU has lost 11 games since 2000 just like Texas. Get over it.

Jello Biafra
4/2/2006, 12:05 PM
Mediocrity??

TEXAS

2005 13-0
2004 11-1
2003 10-3
2002 11-2
2001 11-2
2000 9-3

You are really stretching it with the "Medicority" comment.. oU has lost 11 games since 2000 just like Texas. Get over it.

the difference being, we didn't lose 4 of those 11 to YOU.......

you in the big XII south < OU = mediocrity

2000-2004 we wore your taint raw and the domination is about to start again. you guys will appreciate what it is like to start a freshman qb after losing about 85% of your offense.

BASSooner
4/2/2006, 12:39 PM
Allow me to close the arguement. OU is better than texas all time. Always has been that way, always will be that way. End of discussion.

Sooner24
4/2/2006, 01:47 PM
And as I said, a team may get lucky here or there. So are you saying that Oklahoma State was better than OU when they beat you 2 YEARS in a row? I did'nt think so. I would rather lose to Arkansas than OSU anyday.

Baylor has beaten Texas in Big 12 play so what does that say about Texas? :rolleyes:

RooseveltRoughRider
4/2/2006, 01:55 PM
LOL...you guys are hilarious. Remain Optimistic. I guess that's what everyone does in regards to their favorite team. The bottom line..your gonna have to play lights out for 4 quarters to win in October. It's not going to be the "Vince is gone we are guaranteed a blowout victory" like some of you seem to think. We can talk till we are in blue in the face, but nothing will be determined by our opinions, it will all be decided in Octoberr so let's save this thread and see who is gonna be eating their words in October.

BASSooner
4/2/2006, 01:58 PM
You're the one who is hilarious. We bring in facts in that are proof and you're like well uh...we all get lucky..I mean psh...comon so I have no idea why you're talking. You're the most BIASED horn on this board. We don't say these things just because we are sooner fans, we say this because it's going to happen. OUr history is proof of it as you just saw but you completely deny it.

Desert Sapper
4/3/2006, 12:32 AM
the difference being, we didn't lose 4 of those 11 to YOU.......

5. They lost FIVE...IN A ROW. Heh. I like the way their win last year somehow qualifies as 'Texas dominating OU'. One game in a down year is not domination. Five games when a team is at its peak is. Especially when two of those games involved us scoring 60+ points. Whorns can talk forever, but they'll never say what they really feel. That creeping fear, because they know we will beat them in October, Gene Chizik or no.

Pricetag
4/3/2006, 01:11 PM

Hmmm...

:D if I were a Texas fan, I'd be reaming this guy for this.

UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS FOOTBALL

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 1963, 1969, 1970, 2005

IN A NATIONAL CHAMPION-TYPE POSITION 1977, 1983, 2001, 2004

BTW, I'd have loved to have seen your 2001 squad take on Miami. You wouldn't be poking fun about our USC debacle by any means.

RiddlerOK
4/4/2006, 04:29 PM

Really? WHEN??

Sooner24
4/4/2006, 10:59 PM
Really? WHEN??

starclassic tama
4/5/2006, 04:21 AM
This Decade? 0

lol

2004 we scored two touchdowns there smart guy.

RooseveltRoughRider
4/5/2006, 06:23 AM
2004 we scored two touchdowns there smart guy.

You idiot...how are you gonna chime in and YOUR wrong :D

Scoring Summary

SECOND QUARTER
FG 0:09 TREY DICARLO 22 YD FG

THIRD QUARTER
FG 9:02 TREY DICARLO 26 YD FG

FOURTH QUARTER

TD 8:07 KEJUAN JONES 6 YD RUN (FAILED 2PT PASS)

Are you really a Sooner fan??? Or are you a wannabe. I know your team better than you do. 1TD and 2 FG's in 2004.

Harry Beanbag
4/5/2006, 06:48 AM
Here's the Scoring Summary for Texas in that game:

Desert Sapper
4/5/2006, 07:03 AM
Here's the Scoring Summary for Texas in that game:

Oh yeah, that was the game when we Shut saxet OUt. Thanks for the reminder Roosevelt. Hook 'em

crimson&cream
4/5/2006, 08:13 AM
oops

crimson&cream
4/5/2006, 08:19 AM
According to ESPN Sports Almanac 1961 Ohio ST shared a FB NC with Alabama, in Bkb Cincinnati won the NC in 1961, Ohio St won it in 1960

crimson&cream
4/5/2006, 08:33 AM
[QUOTE=Harry Beanbag]Here's the Scoring Summary for Texas in that game:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUmillenium
4/5/2006, 09:39 AM
Geez, please no more nightmares of KU stiffs playing like All Stars in the NC game. Clint Normore, Alfreaka, Piper. Also still waiting for that apparently impossible fourth foul on Manning.

No joke! I still have the game on tape. For years after the game I could watch it all the way through for those very reasons - nobodies playing like all-stars and Danny Manning allowed to go over-the-back, hook, and anthing else he wanted to do. He did play great, though. How about Sieger lighting it up from 3 in that game?

Sooner24
4/5/2006, 12:26 PM
According to ESPN Sports Almanac 1961 Ohio ST shared a FB NC with Alabama, in Bkb Cincinnati won the NC in 1961, Ohio St won it in 1960

This t-sip is claiming that no other college has had a football team and basketball team ranked at least #2. Typical t-sip.

Since Ohio State shared the football title and the team Cincinnati beat for the title was Ohio State I would say they quilify.

RooseveltRoughRider
4/5/2006, 12:35 PM
Yes, UT was shut out that game. The Sooners put on an outstanding defensive performance and rushed for a ton. But the point I was making was that 1 touchdown was scored, and VY had nothing to do with OU scoring one TD in 2004 and 2005.

Whether people admit it or not UT has had a great D the last few years. And even though AD rushed for so many, Jason White was held to 0 TD passes, 2 Picks.

crimson&cream
4/5/2006, 04:16 PM
Since Ohio State shared the football title and the team Cincinnati beat for the title was Ohio State I would say they quilify.
Quilify or qualify...sounds like fuzzy backdoor logic to me.!:D
Don't think it's listed that way in any sports almanac.

Pricetag
4/5/2006, 04:28 PM
Jason White was held to 0 TD passes, 2 Picks.
It's been almost two years. Can you still not admit that the one bounced off the turf? I know the stat line says two, but if you're going to brag, you need to be truthful about it.

BASSooner
4/5/2006, 04:53 PM
Yes, UT was shut out that game. The Sooners put on an outstanding defensive performance and rushed for a ton. But the point I was making was that 1 touchdown was scored, and VY had nothing to do with OU scoring one TD in 2004 and 2005.

Whether people admit it or not UT has had a great D the last few years. And even though AD rushed for so many, Jason White was held to 0 TD passes, 2 Picks.
didn't we beat you guys in that game? Wasn't it a shutout, the first since like 1988? Because I thought the whole idea was who won that game...

Sooner24
4/5/2006, 05:13 PM
Quilify or qualify...sounds like fuzzy backdoor logic to me.!:D
Don't think it's listed that way in any sports almanac.

Don't see how that can be fuzzy. They were #1 in football in one poll and probably no lower then # 2 in the other and # 2 in basketball as the national runner-up. Since the criteria was that no other college has had a football team and basketball team ranked at least #2 I think you had better clean your glasses to get the fuzz off. :D

crimson&cream
4/5/2006, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=Sooner24]Don't see how that can be fuzzy. They were #1 in football in one poll and probably no lower then # 2 in the other and # 2 in basketball as the national runner-up. Since the criteria was that no other college has had a football team and basketball team ranked at least #2 I think you had better clean your glasses to get the fuzz off. :D[/QUOTE
My bad:mad: your right....you feel better now!:D Don't wear glasses except only to drive. Slap my wrist with a wet noodle.:P Main thing TexASS hasn't:D :D :D :D Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em :D :D :D

Jello Biafra
4/5/2006, 08:23 PM

hmmmm oddly enough, those are the same stats simms had over his career vs us right?

look. you guys had a decent defense last year. persoanally, i think the one in 2004 was better but whatever. point being, we had big time confidence problems GOING INTO the game. we had multiple turn overs. a rookie at a crucial position on the field (i don't care what you f*cktards say. QB IS the heartbeat of the offense) and an all-american runningback (that stompped a mudhole in yer azz and then walked it dry two years ago) sitting on the bench. and o btw without our outland winner etc etc.

guess what..... we're two years removed from that. our oline has experience and depth (for once) our QB has had a baptism by fire, our WRs are sophmores and lit the big XII up last year as freshman and our defense was top 10 in everything except for pass defense. with the exception of a couple of losses, everyone returns. i think we'll be fine.

Desert Sapper
4/6/2006, 12:11 AM
VY had nothing to do with OU scoring one TD in 2004

No, but he had everything to do with saxet not scoring a single point in that game. OUr D was good that year, and played up for Red River (which they couldn't do in the OB), but VY made mistake after mistake after mistake in that game, and it cost you.

I'll give you the D point. You guys have been playing good D for the last two years.