PDA

View Full Version : Question for Moderators

LoyalFan
3/26/2006, 11:41 AM
It seems that if, after duly logging in, I take more than a few moments to formulate and type a reply or new topic, my login "times out" and I'm informed that I am not logged in and therefore cannot post the product of the sweat of my fingers and meager brain.
Is there a time limit imposed? Am I failing to follow protocol? Is Santa Claus real?
Advice and solutions most appreciated, and thanks.

LoyalToSFandOUFan

Soonerus
3/26/2006, 12:34 PM
I am not a Mod but that sounds like a problem, Forest.....

LosAngelesSooner
3/26/2006, 01:16 PM
I've had that problem before.

I never did anything to fix it. It just went away, one day. Don't know why. Don't know how.

GottaHavePride
3/26/2006, 01:22 PM
Do you have a problem with your cookie settings?

LoyalFan
3/26/2006, 02:32 PM
Do you have a problem with your cookie settings?

I can't say for certain, but I always leave cookies blocked, usually without a problem. The problem is intermittent but more common when I need several minutes to put a thought into words.

LF

Beano's Fourth Chin
3/26/2006, 02:53 PM
allow cookies for this site and you'll stay logged in. I'm not sure what the timeout is, but it sounds like your session is expiring.

Otherwise, you'll have to take a typing class to get your wpm up.

stoopified
3/26/2006, 03:47 PM
Typing speed can't be a primary cause since I am slower than sin and have yet to expire.

RedstickSooner
3/27/2006, 05:49 PM
Just hit control-A, control-C before you hit the "post" button. That way, if it does dump you, you've got your text saved, and can login 'n post it real easy. Just get back to the reply window, and hit control-v.

Or, if you hit the back button after it says you're not signed in, it might take you back to the edit window, where you could copy everything. Can't remember what happens when you try to post without being signed in, and I'm too lazy to go find out. :mad:

LoyalFan
3/29/2006, 06:51 AM
Thanks, guys.
I'm sure these tips will solve the problem.

LF

NormanPride
3/29/2006, 11:44 AM
DID YOU CHECK THE TCP/IP SETTINGS?

JIGGLE THE CORD?

YOU WANT THIS DOG?

JohnnyMack
3/29/2006, 11:47 AM
Press Alt+F4 at the same time on the log-in screen, it'll keep your session from expiring and you won't time out.

C&CDean
3/29/2006, 11:48 AM
Dude, you're posting from Nebraska. WTF do you expect?