PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever go to Molly Murphy's?

SOONER44EVER
3/26/2006, 06:44 AM
We used to go quite a bit. I found this site. Pretty cool.

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:_glofWcyv-0J:hometown.aol.com/stoneforst/stonemain/mollys.htm+molly+murphy%27s&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

BajaOklahoma
3/26/2006, 07:38 AM
I loved that place.
My son was a little afraid of it after "Gene Simmons" was our server and stuck out his black tongue. Birthday cake served on your hand.
Food was so-so, but the atmosphere was fun.

Thanks for the link.

SOONER44EVER
3/26/2006, 07:48 AM
I always remember the guy sticking the machine gun in my back, the potty patrol and the jaguar salad bar.

BajaOklahoma
3/26/2006, 07:53 AM
And "Micheal Jackson" to open your car door. Not a bad moonwalker for a white guy.

TopDaugIn2000
3/26/2006, 09:36 AM
I used to go there as a kid when we'd go on vacation to OKC (yeah, impressive huh). I loved it. Cant' remember a thing about the food, just the atmosphere. My fave waiter was "mickey rat". Liked the "salad car" too.

GDC
3/26/2006, 09:38 AM
The Tulsa one as kid, I barely remember it. There was a great thread a while back about old defunct restaurants and businesses.

OKC-SLC
3/26/2006, 09:53 AM
The Tulsa one as kid, I barely remember it. There was a great thread a while back about old defunct restaurants and businesses.
including one devoted to casa bonita's last day.

mmm, casa bonita.

Mrs. Norm
3/26/2006, 09:58 AM
Norm and I went there for our Senior Prom. They sat us at the longest table they had....Norm on one end, me on the other. We had to scream back and forth. I think our waiter was dressed up like a military man if memory serves me right. The food wasn't that great, but it was a fun place. Of course, I think Norm hated it.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/26/2006, 10:00 AM
I went there a few times, I remember it being fun, but not much else.

OUHOMER
3/26/2006, 10:01 AM
make me fell old.. Did you read any of the stories... funny as hell

OKC-SLC
3/26/2006, 10:40 AM
i grew up in tulsa area, and always saw the place. never ate there. by the time i moved to OKC area, it was closed. But i seem to remember the building being there even after closed for a while.

MamaMia
3/26/2006, 12:11 PM
They had the best filet mignon, but you would have to try pretty hard to mess up a filet. I got a little tipsy there. You might even say I was borderline drunk on my fanny. Okay, I was totally wasted on Courvoisier. :O

From what I can remember, we had a blast. :P

ChickSoonerFan
3/26/2006, 12:17 PM
I remember you should never ask where the restrooms were. It would not go unnoticed.

85Sooner
3/26/2006, 12:58 PM
I went there with my boss and my bosses boss. He was from out of town. Once we walked in, they noticed he was wearing a tie , promptly grabbed some scissors, walked over and cut the tie right off. Funny as hell. The bosses look was priceless.

Mjcpr
3/26/2006, 01:01 PM
They had the best filet mignon, but you would have to try pretty hard to mess up a filet. I got a little tipsy there. You might even say I was borderline drunk on my fanny. Okay, I was totally wasted on Courvoisier. :O

From what I can remember, we had a blast. :P

http://www.geocities.com/nottypsnl/7.gif

ChickSoonerFan
3/26/2006, 01:04 PM
http://www.geocities.com/nottypsnl/7.gif

:confused:

Mjcpr
3/26/2006, 01:07 PM

Wasn't he always drinking Courvoisier?

jk the sooner fan
3/26/2006, 01:07 PM
Norm and I went there for our Senior Prom. They sat us at the longest table they had....Norm on one end, me on the other. We had to scream back and forth. I think our waiter was dressed up like a military man if memory serves me right. The food wasn't that great, but it was a fun place. Of course, I think Norm hated it.

was Norm grumpy on dates too?

ChickSoonerFan
3/26/2006, 01:12 PM
Wasn't he always drinking Courvoisier?

ahhh...maybe....

Glad that is what you refering to..I read that all wrong. :O

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/26/2006, 01:54 PM
was Norm grumpy on dates too?Didn't they close shortly after Norm's prom?

MamaMia
3/26/2006, 02:19 PM
ahhh...maybe....

Glad that is what you refering to..I read that all wrong. :OChick was afraid that I wore shiney shirts and had an afro. :P

Howzit
3/26/2006, 02:26 PM
I always remember the guy sticking the machine gun in my back, the potty patrol and the jaguar salad bar.

"Potty line! Potty line froms here! Everyone that needs to go to the potty get in line with this person!"

I had forgotten all about that. :D

Mrs. Norm
3/26/2006, 02:45 PM
Didn't they close shortly after Norm's prom?

Now that you mention it, it did shut down shortly after that. Geez, the luck of the Norm closed down Molly Murphy's!!! :eek:

BajaOklahoma
3/26/2006, 02:58 PM
Now that you mention it, it did shut down shortly after that. Geez, the luck of the Norm closed down Molly Murphy's!!! :eek:

I always did hate Norm! :mad:

Wait, when did Norm start going to the football games? :eek:
Is Norm responsible for the boozehound and blank (Blake)?

yermom
3/26/2006, 03:04 PM
i was just there the other day... i'm always down for a few beers and lapdances when i'm in Tulsa ;)

OKC-SLC
3/26/2006, 03:18 PM
i was just there the other day... i'm always down for a few beers and lapdances when i'm in Tulsa ;)
heh.

SoonerInKCMO
3/26/2006, 03:34 PM

Is it Night Trips now?

How many strip clubs in Tulsa used to be restaurants? Lady Godiva's was a Wendy's, I believe.

Beano's Fourth Chin
3/26/2006, 03:37 PM
I went there one time in HS with my girlfriend's family. The mom was one of those high maintenance broads that has a long list of requirements any time she orders food at a restaurant.

Well, her order was not as she wanted it when it got there and she go so mad about it, that Peewee herman came completely out of character to apologize and a manager even had to come over too all serious.

It was pitiful to see some dude dressed as Pee Wee Herman waiting our table for the rest of the evening, not doing the voice and being all serious.

yermom
3/26/2006, 03:39 PM
it was Scarlett's, then it was Night Trips... i haven't actually been there since the 90's

Lady Godiva's i think has changed names now as well

SoonerInKCMO
3/26/2006, 03:44 PM
it was Scarlett's...

Man, the stories the women used to tell about the Scarlett's days. :D

yermom
3/26/2006, 03:46 PM
i knew a girl that worked there, but i think it changed names before i was legal to get in there :D

jrsooner
3/26/2006, 08:02 PM
We used to go quite a bit. I found this site. Pretty cool.I went once or twice with some college buds when I was at OU. BUT I sure do miss it. Wish Houston would get something similar to it.