PDA

View Full Version : We Rock

TJKDone
3/25/2006, 10:54 PM
The primary University in the Lone Star state just got three more commitments (as of this post) over the weekend.:D

This could very well be the best recruiting class that Mr. Brown has inked to date. That would be something to behold.

Hook'em

BASSooner
3/25/2006, 11:01 PM
Funny that you guys say that every year. You guys go for the "top ranked" talent. We'll take "the scraps" and turn them into monsters. Sound good? I also like how you guys overload on runningbacks....do they not realize that they are NOT going to start? and please tell me that chiles kid will be a QB...if so, texas is gonna 3 way with QBs

william_brasky
3/26/2006, 12:12 AM
ever since i was a wee lad i have called doing #2 "visiting Mr. Brown."

GottaHavePride
3/26/2006, 01:12 AM
Would it be inappropriate to make a "camel-jockey from Dubai" comment here?

Look, pics of the recruits arriving in Austin!

http://www.bondjournal.com/images/VisitingFriends.jpg

TJKDone
3/26/2006, 11:17 AM
Funny that you guys say that every year. You guys go for the "top ranked" talent. We'll take "the scraps" and turn them into monsters. Sound good? I also like how you guys overload on runningbacks....do they not realize that they are NOT going to start? and please tell me that chiles kid will be a QB...if so, texas is gonna 3 way with QBs

If you really want the info I'll be happy to provide what I know unofficially:

RB: As I understand it, Foz was offered as a rb and Johnson as a FB. The only reason it took Johnson this long to commit was that he was offered as a FB. I understand that Mr. Creer (our third rb recruit for this class) is still very much being recruited and we have a shot to have his verbal by our spring game. Mack and Co see this years rb class in state as the best in years and they are going for it.

QB: Chiles is a QB recruit in the run/pass mold.

While Mack is regarded as one of the best and by many the very best recruiters in college football, if you look at the ranking prior to this last class we aren't consistently superior to OU and Stoops.

Never said you get the "scraps." I think Bob has done a good job of recruiting with BJW in the lead.

Can't claim total innocence in the post however. "We Rock" was designed for a response.:D

Hook'em

OUGreg723
3/26/2006, 11:35 AM
Would it be inappropriate to make a "camel-jockey from Dubai" comment here?

Look, pics of the recruits arriving in Austin!

http://www.bondjournal.com/images/VisitingFriends.jpg

HOLY ****!! THAT IS CREEPY!

It really is sad how far behind that part of the world is. My Uncle just got back from Iraq for the second time...You know its bad in the middle east, but you've just got to hear the stories man.. yikes.

or is that a picture of North Africa? Oh well still not good..sadening.

Scott D
3/26/2006, 12:24 PM
Congrats on your 'Winning The Recruiting Championship in March' award :rolleyes:

GottaHavePride
3/26/2006, 01:21 PM
HOLY ****!! THAT IS CREEPY!

It really is sad how far behind that part of the world is. My Uncle just got back from Iraq for the second time...You know its bad in the middle east, but you've just got to hear the stories man.. yikes.

or is that a picture of North Africa? Oh well still not good..sadening.

Sorry, that was from the old Kasey Studdard thread - another thread started by a horn bragging about how awesome their recruiting was.

Widescreen
3/26/2006, 01:35 PM
Sorry, that was from the old Kasey Studdard thread - another thread started by a horn bragging about how awesome their recruiting was.
Good times.

stoopified
3/26/2006, 03:33 PM
March football recruiting talk?ZZZZZZZ.

BASSooner
3/26/2006, 03:49 PM
If you really want the info I'll be happy to provide what I know unofficially:

RB: As I understand it, Foz was offered as a rb and Johnson as a FB. The only reason it took Johnson this long to commit was that he was offered as a FB. I understand that Mr. Creer (our third rb recruit for this class) is still very much being recruited and we have a shot to have his verbal by our spring game. Mack and Co see this years rb class in state as the best in years and they are going for it.

QB: Chiles is a QB recruit in the run/pass mold.

While Mack is regarded as one of the best and by many the very best recruiters in college football, if you look at the ranking prior to this last class we aren't consistently superior to OU and Stoops.

Never said you get the "scraps." I think Bob has done a good job of recruiting with BJW in the lead.

Can't claim total innocence in the post however. "We Rock" was designed for a response.:D

Hook'em
Mack Brown is extremely unorganized on WHAT to recruit. I agree he can pretty much almost get anybody he wants but....you guys have mccoy and snead....what was the point of getting chiles? Runningbacks...Charles and Taylor are rotating like crazy along with young. And when young is gone, mcgee will be in the rotation. Do those kids realize that they are not even going to play? Chiles won't play QB at all if mack sticks with 1 QB(which is a smart thing to do). texas now has 234234234 runningbacks which more than half of those they don't even use. Do they just go there because they got an offer from that school or do they actually expect to play?

SoonerShark
3/26/2006, 04:14 PM
The primary University in the Lone Star state just got three more commitments (as of this post) over the weekend.:D

This could very well be the best recruiting class that Mr. Brown has inked to date. That would be something to behold.

Hook'em

What does Mr. Brown have to do with A&M, the primary university in Texas?
(Only prisoners and trash detail crews wear orange.)

BASSooner
3/26/2006, 04:30 PM
Remember how texas and ou both had roy williams of course one being a safety and the receiver? Well texas just got a committ from a receiver named malcolm williams and we have a safety with that same name....I bet it's a sign that history is going to repeat itself:D

The Consumate Showman
3/27/2006, 08:19 AM
YAWN.....zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Harry Beanbag
3/27/2006, 09:17 AM
You spelled Suck wrong in the title of your thread dude.

http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/we-suck-fans.jpg

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/27/2006, 11:43 AM

Hook'em

More holes than swiss cheese. Commit and inked to date are entirely different things unless :mack: has an exemption from NCAA rules and can have next year's recruits sign LOI 11 months early. If so than I expect Perriloux to be playing QB next year.

Also the best recruiting class that Mack signed was humilated 65-13. The franchise is gone as well. You have a title but 06 is going to be a lot less like 05 and a lot more like 00-04.

TJKDone
3/27/2006, 01:39 PM
More holes than swiss cheese. Commit and inked to date are entirely different things unless :mack: has an exemption from NCAA rules and can have next year's recruits sign LOI 11 months early. If so than I expect Perriloux to be playing QB next year.

Also the best recruiting class that Mack signed was humilated 65-13. The franchise is gone as well. You have a title but 06 is going to be a lot less like 05 and a lot more like 00-04.

15 returning starters of a team that faired pretty well:D

Big hole at Qb though. I'm just glad we don't have tweedle dee for an offensive line coach so we won't have OL play and experience to deal with as well as the inexperience factor like you guys did last year.

Hook'em

The Consumate Showman
3/27/2006, 04:15 PM
Whorns don't forget...it was VY running that ball into the endzone at the end of the game, not Charles or Taylor...and losing experienced OL is definetly gonna hurt, not to mention your best LB and CB.....

Prepare yourselves.......

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/27/2006, 04:42 PM
It's funny how the most successful one man offense in football in years can lose that one man and some fans think they won't miss a beat. The defense is going to make :texan: a good team but the Whorn Shire has whipped out some of the strongest pipeweed yet if they don't think that they just became much easier to defend AND OU's defense in 2006 isn't going to be > 2005.

My advise to the :texan: would be to not make eye contact with Dukezilla.

TJKDone
3/27/2006, 06:24 PM
It's funny how the most successful one man offense in football in years can lose that one man and some fans think they won't miss a beat. The defense is going to make :texan: a good team but the Whorn Shire has whipped out some of the strongest pipeweed yet if they don't think that they just became much easier to defend AND OU's defense in 2006 isn't going to be > 2005.

My advise to the :texan: would be to not make eye contact with Dukezilla.

We'll miss several beats. VY was not a one man team however. Our D will be stout, IMO, better than yours.

OU D will be better in '06 than '05. You won't be great like you were in '03. You've got too many question marks on offense to think you'll be great on that side either (OL comes to mind).

Hook'em

BASSooner
3/27/2006, 10:03 PM
We'll miss several beats. VY was not a one man team however. Our D will be stout, IMO, better than yours.

OU D will be better in '06 than '05. You won't be great like you were in '03. You've got too many question marks on offense to think you'll be great on that side either (OL comes to mind).

Hook'em
Bold-Offensively, it was just him, I do give a lot of props to the defense though. In that game it was 65% VY and 35% defense

Italics- I wouldn't necessarily say that. You guys lost wright, dibbles, harris, c griffin, and huff all VALUABLE players whereas we lost 2 valuable players. The pass defense gets better whereas the run defense stays the same, if not a little better

Bold/Italics/Underline- Of course we won't be as good as we were in 03. That was probably the best defense of all time. Texas D was great and they were nowhere near as good as that defense. However, we could have that defensive potential in a couple of years...it can happen

Underline-The only question marks we have is the offensive line, that is it. We are set with every position on offense.

The Consumate Showman
3/28/2006, 01:10 PM
BASS, you're right on. I do admit that going into the 05 season, I was greatly concerned with the OL. We lost argueably the best OLineman ever to walk Owen Field in JB and Wes Sims and Vince Carter were both veterans with lots of leadership qualities.

I am going to go out on a limb this year and say that I am not as worried as a lot of people are about the OL. Being around these guys at the games and practices has given me a lot of confidence. You've got DukeZilla, Braxton, Sherron Moore, Brandon Walker, Corey Brandon, and Curtis Bailey in there(all big, natural OL types and we just moved Simmons over to the OL side as well). Next, there is JD Quinn, Jon Cooper(please God let him be ready to play), Baressi, and Roark. I really like the look of the OL for the next few years at OU.

Right now, I am more concerned with the TE spot and the corners. I think our D will be great again, but I still have flashbacks of our DB's getting burned on the long pass. If BJW can coach them to defend the long ball......make way Fiesta Bowl......BOOMER!

BASSooner
3/28/2006, 03:26 PM
Also considering that braxton and dukezilla are in perfect shape

The Consumate Showman
3/28/2006, 04:13 PM
The only thing I wish would be different is Jesse White's situation. It seems like he's not going to get over his back problems. If you've ever seen this kid, he is impressive. But my fears have been assuaged with Cooper, Roark, and possibly Baressi being the other centers.

Desert Sapper
3/29/2006, 09:05 AM
Cow-worshipping is a mortal sin. Oh, and unless the calendar just flipped to February '07, don't count your chickens just yet, bubba.

The Consumate Showman
3/29/2006, 01:35 PM
When OU takes the Fiesta Bowl trophy home with them, along with that nice crystal ball from Mid-West City, a lot of Texas high schoolers might start to "see the light." I still don't think Mack has proved himself a better coach than Bob.

Look at our seniors this year. We will put about 7 players in the NFL this round, perhaps all via the draft. And we had how many last year? Also, I thought the article that Buffalo Bills trainer wrote about Mike williams was highly interesting concerning the UT FB program....

Hook That!

sooneron
3/29/2006, 04:58 PM

Hook'em
Your pass D will not be better. I hope you're ready for a rude awakening.