PDA

View Full Version : Oral Roberts fell and broke his hip

Okla-homey
3/25/2006, 04:39 PM
....at his palatial San Jose CA mansion. They didn't put him down though. The 88 y/o founder of ORU (and hand model) is gonna make it according to reports from his son and heir to the Oral Roberts Empire headquartered in Tulsa.

that is all.

crawfish
3/25/2006, 04:40 PM
Obligatory "why didn't he heal it himself" post.

Okla-homey
3/25/2006, 04:41 PM

or stop himself mid-fall on the wings of angels.

Flagstaffsooner
3/25/2006, 04:46 PM
Obligatory "why didn't he heal it himself" post.No money in it.:D

bri
3/25/2006, 04:53 PM
Looks like God's finally getting around to killing him for not rasing a gajillion dollars that one time.

Does this mean that ORU will be replacing the giant praying hands with a giant hip?

Okla-homey
3/25/2006, 04:59 PM
Looks like God's finally getting around to killing him for not rasing a gajillion dollars that one time.

Does this mean that ORU will be replacing the giant praying hands with a giant hip?

WTH happened with that whole "City of Faith" thingy anyway? Lack of interest? Economic downturn? Big ol' honking buildings that dominate the southern Tulsa skyline but are they occupied?

Every time I look at those three buildings, I think about all the sweet little old grannies on fixed-incomes who sent that d00d their Social Security checks and made do with graham crackers and powdered milk. It makes me want to go find him and whoop his @ss.

bri
3/25/2006, 05:01 PM
It makes me want to go find him and whoop his @ss.

Looks like gravity beat you to it.

:D

BoogercountySooner
3/25/2006, 05:15 PM
He'll have to put new tennis balls on his walker before he goes up the prayer tower now!

Flagstaffsooner
3/25/2006, 05:21 PM
Every time I look at those three buildings, I think about all the sweet little old grannies on fixed-incomes who sent that d00d their Social Security checks and made do with graham crackers and powdered milk. It makes me want to go find him and whoop his @ss.There's a special place in hell for him.

Okla-homey
3/25/2006, 05:21 PM
He'll have to put new tennis balls on his walker before he goes up the prayer tower now!

LMFAO:hmfic:

slickdawg
3/25/2006, 05:26 PM
Wasn't he supposed to bulld a 100-foot statue in tulsa as well?

Flagstaffsooner
3/25/2006, 05:27 PM
Here's one of his cohorts.
Farting Preacher (http://www.miggy.net/multimedia/preacher.htm)

Okla-homey
3/25/2006, 05:29 PM
Wasn't he supposed to bulld a 100-foot statue in tulsa as well?

Some kind of giant Christ or something. I bet JC sent him a peem and said thanks for the gesture but He'd prefer to have the grannies keep their money so they could keep their heat on.

slickdawg
3/25/2006, 05:30 PM
I'll have to break out my Sam Kinison CD's, he railed on Oral about this
pretty well.

SoonerInKCMO
3/25/2006, 05:51 PM
WTH happened with that whole "City of Faith" thingy anyway? Lack of interest? Economic downturn? Big ol' honking buildings that dominate the southern Tulsa skyline but are they occupied?

If memory serves (and that's a big if) he ran out of funding to make it a hospital and then turned them into office buildings. They were occupied for a time by CSC (Credit Services Company ??) until they went belly-up in early 2001 (late 2000 ?). Don't know what may have happened since then because I left town not long after that.

Mjcpr
3/25/2006, 07:41 PM
I'm thinking it was a hospital, as it was supposed to be but it didn't last long.......Oral (heh) survived God calling him home on a technicality.

Right now they're occupied by a number of businesses but I can't think of many of them so I'm sure they're far from full capacity. Cancer Treatment Center is a tennant.

And KC, yes, CSC (or whatever) was a major tennant there until the scam came crumbling down upon Bill Bartman. I don't know if any of the pieces fell on his palatial estate in south Tulsa though.

Czar Soonerov
3/25/2006, 07:50 PM

Tulsa will become a mecca for fat chicks!

sanantoniosooner
3/25/2006, 07:51 PM
I locked myself in the attic until my wife said she'd .....well....you know.

I gave up also.

bri
3/25/2006, 07:52 PM
Giant hip, not giant ***...

Beano's Fourth Chin
3/25/2006, 08:50 PM
I was praying for Pat Robertson so break his jaw. I guess I missed.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/25/2006, 09:00 PM
Okay, THA's normally pessimestic outlook says this is the beginning of the end. Hip injuries are the start of the long slow decline. My guess is that he will be "called home" in a year or so due to inactivity and all the associated health problems stemming from old age and not exercise...

olevetonahill
3/25/2006, 09:01 PM
:D :D :D :D

bigdsooner
3/25/2006, 09:04 PM
Tulsa will become a mecca for fat chicks!

:mad:
we arent already :confused: :D

Mjcpr
3/25/2006, 09:05 PM
Okay, THA's normally pessimestic outlook says this is the beginning of the end. Hip injuries are the start of the long slow decline. My guess is that he will be "called home" in a year or so due to inactivity and all the associated health problems stemming from old age and not exercise...

Yep....the broken hip is usually the death nail.

Except for my two grannys.

Mjcpr
3/25/2006, 09:06 PM
:mad:
we arent already :confused: :D
You're in Tulsa?

bigdsooner
3/25/2006, 09:08 PM
You're in Tulsa?

sorry:O

dammit czar, you bastard...how dare you ;)

bri
3/25/2006, 09:11 PM
Yep....the broken hip is usually the death knell.

Except for my two grannys.

And Bo Jackson.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/25/2006, 09:14 PM
Well, Bo is athletic and moves around and such...

sanantoniosooner
3/25/2006, 09:15 PM
And Bo Jackson.
It's a slow death, but he'll get there.

olevetonahill
3/25/2006, 09:51 PM
Ok heres My prediction . We are gonna put such an azzwhoopin On saxet this year, even oral cant pray it off :D

Okla-homey
3/25/2006, 09:56 PM
Ok heres My prediction . We are gonna put such an azzwhoopin On saxet this year, even oral cant pray it off :D

Is O.R. from texass? If so... 'splains everything.

MamaMia
3/25/2006, 09:58 PM
I saw on the news that when an elderly person breaks their hip that 30% of them die of complications caused from it within a year. I dont know what the complications would be because they left that part out, but thats what they said so there you have it.

Okla-homey
3/25/2006, 10:02 PM
I saw on the news that when an elderly person breaks their hip that 30% of them die of complications caused from it within a year. I dont know what the complications would be because they left that part out, but thats what they said so there you have it.

I think, in least in the cases with which I'm familiar, the resultant inactivity leads to problems. Kinda tough to make an 88 y/o take physical therapy seriously when the worst threat the PT can make is "if you don't work hard you'll never jog or climb stairs again without assistance." Lots of oldsters figure, "who gives a flip, I'm 88 for crying out loud, this succs just let me die."

walkoffsooner
3/25/2006, 10:04 PM
What happens is the hip breaks causing the fall.They just say he fell and broke hip.About 60% of elderly hip fractures happen this way just guessing.

Mjcpr
3/25/2006, 10:09 PM
My grandmother lived alone in her own home, took care of her own finances, etc. Then she fell and broke her hip a year ago about this time and she has been in a nursing home since then and could not possibly, in any way, live by herself again. She has Alzheimer's as well but before the hip fracture, it was nothing like it is now. The nursing staff said that is not unusual but it was really hard to belive someone could go downhill that quickly after breaking a hip.

Okla-homey
3/25/2006, 10:12 PM
My grandmother lived alone in her own home, took care of her own finances, etc. Then she fell and broke her hip a year ago about this time and she has been in a nursing home since then and could not possibly, in any way, live by herself again. She has Alzheimer's as well but before the hip fracture, it was nothing like it is now. The nursing staff said that is not unusual but it was really hard to belive someone could go downhill that quickly after breaking a hip.

I broke a hip in a parachute crash once. I wasn't able to walk without crutches or at least a cane for about 5 months. If I had been 88, I'd have taken a powder or something. Seriously.