PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad?

85Sooner
3/24/2006, 07:59 PM
Okay get this.

On my wifes moms board there is a mom whos husband hit the little one and caused a pretty bad bruise on his face. I do not know how he did it but evidently admitted to the wife that he did and said he was sorry and that it would never happen again. Evidently this was a one hit thing, not a multiple punch attack. According to the mom there had been no history of violence and she plans on working it out because they love each other.They already had money problems.

So, Mom decides to REPORT this to CPS and calls hubby on the phone to see if he wants to go WITH her when she turns him in.

NOW he is charged with a felony, They have taken the kids away temporarily and SHE IS SURPRISED????????

Nevertheless she still says they are gonna stay together and work it out.

I told my wife that if I were that woman, after doing that, I would be sleeping with one eye open or get the heck out of the house.

Either he is an abuser and she did the right thing or
He had a one time major screw up and she really Fu&*ed their life up. They think they had problems before? She is in for an awakening. I understand that she reported this in order to maybe get some helpful advice but THAT is NOT what CPS is about. I predict either way they will be split up in a year.

TOO BAD

What are your thoughts.

SoonerBorn68
3/24/2006, 08:12 PM
There is NO excuse for hitting a kid unless it's in a controlled environment, ie, a spanking after you've calmed down. The dude's got control issues.

I've been so ****ed I've wanted to beat my kids within an inch of their lives but you can't do it.

Anyone who acted on emotion like that is a loose cannon. Whatever he gets he gets.

MamaMia
3/24/2006, 08:18 PM
This is awful. I just hope the children are okay and will be with family members.

OUHOMER
3/24/2006, 08:22 PM
I would need more details before i could form an opinion.. I can not think of any reason to hit a kid in the face. But would not want to jump the gun.

Cam
3/24/2006, 08:24 PM
I'd say probably good. It will make it tough on them from here on out though.

Oh and your PM inbox is full 85.

Stanley1
3/24/2006, 08:31 PM
Not a person on this board can answer the question, b/c they don't know what kind of "hit" actually happened.

usmc-sooner
3/24/2006, 08:38 PM
I did some things as a teenager that I deserved to get hit. However there is no reason to beat a kid. I'm like anyone else I get mad but I don't hit my kids.

I think the wife is stupid for turning him in then staying with him wtf

jk the sooner fan
3/24/2006, 08:39 PM
man, i've worked alot of "hit kid" cases in my time......they're all different, and you cant make a judgement on one from just the facts we have

85Sooner
3/24/2006, 08:54 PM
I just feel its too bad all the way around. evidently this is a toddler (3-4 yrs old) No excuse for it but if it was just him losing it there should be a way to get help and not destroy the family in one full swoop.

jk the sooner fan
3/24/2006, 09:00 PM
3-4 is pretty young, but thats also the age that tends to get beaten the most, because they often have young parents who aren ill equipped to deal with the high maintenance issue of a child that age....they can be frustrating for so many reasons

if its a one time thing, my thoughts are that you dont hang him out to dry.....that mom says "get some counseling and anger management now or else"

bigdsooner
3/24/2006, 09:10 PM
after reading it enough to understand it...j/k dude :D . i got 3 kids, and ive been mad as hell at them at times, but ive never came close to takin a swing at one of em. to me if a guy punches his kid (im not talkin about some dumb teen trying to whip his old mans a$$) then hes a bum. sure people snap, do stupid $hit, but hitting a kid aint right, no matter how you look at it. ive spanked my kids a$$es more times than i can count and that $hit works. that being said, i dont think the m-i-l should've called cps, its not (shouldnt be) their job to handle this. what he needs is to have his a$$ kicked by some of his inlaws...hell, even his own family needs to help

OUHOMER
3/24/2006, 10:03 PM
again, not enough facts. I did see my cousin hit his kid upside the head, but the kid was mad at him for something, so the kid ran up behind him bite back of his leg. He had automatic reaction and knocked the kid into next week. Was it the right thing to do or did it just happen? I know the kid never did bite anymore

jk the sooner fan
3/24/2006, 10:15 PM
i dont know the language of the statute in oklahoma
but generally speaking, the law DOES allow you to discipline your children with spanking.....contrary to what DPS says

there is a two pronged test - 1) was the hitting for punishment? in other words, did the kid do something to wrrant being punished.......2) was the punishment reasonable

the last part is the subjective part which causes problems.....

the lord gave kids bottoms and made em nice and cushiony for a reason ;)

just sayin

Hamhock
3/24/2006, 10:25 PM
You guys keep saying there are not enough facts to form an opinion.

Please describe to me the situation that justifies hitting a child in the face causing a "pretty bad bruise".:confused:

jk the sooner fan
3/24/2006, 10:27 PM
nothing justifies it, but there are likely circumstances that would mitigate the punishment.......at least possibly

Hamhock
3/24/2006, 10:30 PM
like what? the kid spilled his cereal on my good shirt? the kid wouldn't stop crying and I had a bad day? my lotto ticket didn't hit? really, I need some help here.

it's like jdsmith's girl...if you're willing to cross the line, you're willing to cross the line.

somebody who hits a kid is the height of cowardice