PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Scrimmage Info

Jay C. Upchurch
3/24/2006, 06:36 PM
Here is scrimmage information for Saturday morning.

The workout begins at 11 a.m., and gates will open at 10 a.m. The
actually scrimmage is expected to be at noon and will conclude at 1:30
p.m. Gates 1 and 11 will be open entry into Oklahoma
Memorial Stadium. Both are on the west side.

All university lots are open as is customary on the weekends.

OU SID

85Sooner
3/25/2006, 06:15 PM
ANY feedback on the scrimmage?

eastxsooner
3/25/2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah Bomar is gonna get beat out by Hazle. Mark it down. The second coming of Huepel has arrived.

85Sooner
3/25/2006, 06:40 PM
Yeah Bomar is gonna get beat out by Hazle. Mark it down. The second coming of Huepel has arrived.
oooohhhhhhh your gonna be in trouble in these parts.

Rule #1 here. NO negative comments about rhett. Period

Jay C. Upchurch
3/25/2006, 06:58 PM
Scrimmage report

http://soonerspectator.com/featureStory.php

Flagstaffsooner
3/25/2006, 07:02 PM

Sooner quarterbacks completed 16 of 27 passes for 189 yards. Rhett Bomar hit on 10 of 19 for 106 yards. He was intercepted once. Halzle was good on 6 of 8 83 yards.

"Joey looked really good, and so did Rhett," Stoops said. "For only being here for four practices, Joey was awesome with the way he handled it all. To be able to handle it mentally that way shows that he likes those situations.

Might just happen.:eek:

eastxsooner
3/25/2006, 08:05 PM
Rhett would make a good linebacker with his speed and hard head.... just saying.

sanantoniosooner
3/25/2006, 08:10 PM
oooohhhhhhh your gonna be in trouble in these parts.

Rule #1 here. NO negative comments about rhett. Period
Is that lowercase 'r' in Rhett's name a slam?

;)

Sooner47
3/25/2006, 08:10 PM

No doubt about it, except Halzle will not be the guy. Thompson is going to make a comeback at QB and beat out Bomar, Halzle and all other unworthy candidates. Trust me. :eek:

colleyvillesooner
3/25/2006, 08:24 PM
So is Rhett the new Kelvin for that crowd?

Soonerus
3/25/2006, 08:31 PM
Next thing you know you guys will be saying Hybl scrounged up an extra year of eligibility and he will beat out Rhett....

olevetonahill
3/25/2006, 08:37 PM
No doubt about it, except Halzle will not be the guy. Thompson is going to make a comeback at QB and beat out Bomar, Halzle and all other unworthy candidates. Trust me. :eek:
Man I hate this . we now have a 3 way 1/4 back controversy :eek:
get real peeps Bomar is the Man Till proven otherwise ;)

Sooner47
3/25/2006, 10:09 PM
Man I hate this . we now have a 3 way 1/4 back controversy :eek:
get real peeps Bomar is the Man Till proven otherwise ;)

Oh, the humanity! What will we do? Maybe we coax another year for Jake Sills. :D

BASSooner
3/25/2006, 10:35 PM
Hmmm isn't this just the first scrimmage?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/25/2006, 10:52 PM
hopefully fred strong can stay academically eligible

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/25/2006, 10:53 PM
did johnson not play or just not catch a ball?

Collier11
3/25/2006, 11:39 PM
Lets remember guys, this is a scrimmage!

MojoRisen
3/26/2006, 12:39 PM
Did you guys Notice Lendy Holmes- 5 tackles 2 pass break ups?

Not bad man....

boomersooner28
3/26/2006, 01:08 PM
I don't give a damn who the QB is...as long as they make plays.

jccouger
3/26/2006, 01:21 PM
Lets remember guys, this is a scrimmage!

I'd agree. But this team is looking just like it did last year. Bomar didn't really look that sharp at all. The offensive line once again wasnt that great, and once again the center position was very shaky (yes, i know we have injuries there but if they arent healed but a couple weeks before the season then they are still going to be shaky). The defense pretty much controlled everything (just like last year, but we soon found out that it wasnt because the defense was very good, just that our offense was really bad).

Sure, we are lacking depth because of injuries and our recruits arent here yet. I'm just hoping we dont see a repeat of last year. Even though this spring is very similar to last years so far.

goingoneight
3/26/2006, 04:51 PM

No offense, but why does everyone go down over Thompson? He looked like a Vince Young the few time I've seen him play. He overshoots his recievers, throws an ugly spiral, and tries to run way too much. Does he do good at practice or something? Cuz I don't see him playing QB all that great...

goingoneight
3/26/2006, 04:55 PM
2005 D was NOT good. 2005 offense was shaky at first, but not too bad considering most of these guys last football game was in high school. 2005 offense a B+ for making clutch plays. 2005 defense gets a C-, for barely making the cut... and looking sloppy doing so. But they've looked that way even when we had veteran talent. That's just a BV thing... good rush, nothing more...

BASSooner
3/26/2006, 04:58 PM
2005 D was NOT good. 2005 offense was shaky at first, but not too bad considering most of these guys last football game was in high school. 2005 offense a B+ for making clutch plays. 2005 defense gets a C-, for barely making the cut... and looking sloppy doing so. But they've looked that way even when we had veteran talent. That's just a BV thing... good rush, nothing more...
I'll give you the overall on the defense last year. The run defense was fine, if not excellent. The PASS defense was pathetic. I remember when we played aginst UCLA. Maurice Drew could not run on us at all. Their passing killed us.

Collier11
3/26/2006, 05:49 PM
The D finished top 15 last year, how do you figure they werent good?? THey werent great or dominant but they were a good defense

emoinwinter
3/26/2006, 06:05 PM
Did you guys Notice Lendy Holmes- 5 tackles 2 pass break ups?

Not bad man....

But where did these tackles come from? Were they throws to his man that he didn't defend well, but then had to tackle the receiver?

Egeo
3/26/2006, 11:05 PM
while the defense, was far from being the best OU defense this era - was miles ahead of our offense all freaking season

RacerX
3/26/2006, 11:13 PM
Next thing you know you guys will be saying Hybl scrounged up an extra year of eligibility and he will beat out Rhett....

Patrick Fletcher should start.

Sincerely,

MexicaliSooner

BASSooner
3/27/2006, 12:46 AM
Here is what I want to know. What kind of defense are we going to run? Think we'll have the attacking defense like we had when mike stoops was here or will we have a defense where nobody goes anywhere kinda like our defense is just one big wall?

Egeo
3/27/2006, 03:49 AM
Here is what I want to know. What kind of defense are we going to run? Think we'll have the attacking defense like we had when mike stoops was here or will we have a defense where nobody goes anywhere kinda like our defense is just one big wall?
um i dont understand this question
i dont think ive ever seen us blitz as much as we did last year - while it paid off in run support, tfl and sacks - it hurt us in coverage

MojoRisen
3/27/2006, 09:04 AM
But where did these tackles come from? Were they throws to his man that he didn't defend well, but then had to tackle the receiver?

Good Point- but they said they tested him all day long- he played well.

180 yards passing- isn't much.

Norm In Norman
3/27/2006, 11:22 AM
2006 - the year of the 46 defense.

Book it.

NS5
3/28/2006, 10:17 AM
quote;
-----------------------------------------------------------
Yeah Bomar is gonna get beat out by Hazle. Mark it down. The second coming of Huepel has arrived
------------------------------------------------------------

You can say that after just a few practices ???

swardboy
3/28/2006, 11:15 AM
Big competition at qb can only help us...in a great way!