PDA

View Full Version : Cats.........

blueyedsooner
3/24/2006, 01:53 PM
YUCK! Can't stand them...want them all to die. Sorry to all the cat lovers out there, but they make my life miserable allergy wise. My youngest son is HIGHLY allergic to them and there are 3 kittens?/cats? under our shed. My son started breaking out last week b/c he was out side on the swingset and was miserable!!!

My husband wants to shoot them with his bbgun. I, however, would rather PETA or the cops not get called ;) Give me some other suggestions to get rid of them!!!!!!

blueyedsooner
3/24/2006, 02:05 PM
A more "humane" way to take care of the situation?????

olevetonahill
3/24/2006, 02:05 PM
YUCK! Can't stand them...want them all to die. Sorry to all the cat lovers out there, but they make my life miserable allergy wise. My youngest son is HIGHLY allergic to them and there are 3 kittens?/cats? under our shed. My son is started breaking out last week b/c he was out side on the swingset and was miserable!!!

My husband wants to shoot them with his bbgun. I, however, would rather PETA or the cops not get called ;) Give me some other suggestions to get rid of them!!!!!!
A nice bowl of antifrezze ice cream should do it

OUDoc
3/24/2006, 02:08 PM
http://www.pedigree.co.nz/breeds/images/rottweiler.jpg

Mjcpr
3/24/2006, 02:09 PM
Friends that like cats?

yermom
3/24/2006, 02:10 PM
http://www.ralphradford.com/pj/images/barking%20dog.jpg

just borrow someone's dog for a day, and pull a Abu Ghraib ;)

OU Adonis
For all those legal experts out there. Is it legal to shoot dead an animal on your property?

For some reason I am thinking its legal to shoot dead an animal, but you can't shoot it to cause injury so it will run off.

C&CDean
Friends that like cats?

Ain't no friends of mine.

yermom
3/24/2006, 02:11 PM
it probably depends on where you live...

OUDoc
If it's already dead, shoot away.

LilSooner
Take them to the pound.

blueyedsooner
3/24/2006, 02:13 PM
Take them to the pound.

Those little suckers are quick and we have yet to catch any of them to take them. He tried and was going to give them away or take them to the pound....they just sit under the shed until night time and then crap all over our yard!

OU Adonis
3/24/2006, 02:14 PM
it probably depends on where you live...

I think thats right. The reason I brought it up is when I was growing up in Duncan, a neighbor that we lived by would shoot just about any stray animal on his property, and there wasn't a whole lot the police did about it.

C&CDean
3/24/2006, 02:15 PM
Those little suckers are quick and we have yet to catch any of them to take them. He tried and was going to give them away or take them to the pound....they just sit under the shed until night time and then crap all over our yard!

Atwoods. Live trap. About $35 or so. A can of the cheapest catfood you can find. Catch them, and give me a call.

leavingthezoo
3/24/2006, 02:25 PM
be careful. some cats fight back. :D

pb4ou
3/24/2006, 02:27 PM
Dean, wern't you in that cat hearding commercial from the superbowl a few years back?

Mjcpr
3/24/2006, 02:29 PM

Cats usually bury theirs, maybe they're weasels.

proud gonzo
3/24/2006, 02:32 PM
napalm

MamaMia
3/24/2006, 02:41 PM
I love cats but unfortunately when I was 27 years old I bacame highly allergic so we had to give Simon, or siamese cat to the neighbor. We did that because he was friends with her cat and the kids could still visit her.

Oh, about your question; We had a skunk under our house so the shelter loaned us a cage to catch him in. We live in a small town so they do things like that. If your shelter doesnt have one to loan then you can buy one at the store.

Well, we caught ole Aunt Mimi's cat instead. So I suggest getting a skunk cage ;) and put some tuna in it. Then after you catch them, you can call the Animal Rescue Friends of Nichols Hills, Inc. and take them over there. Its in Oklahoma City. There are other private rescues in Oklahoma as well.

Here is the link. If you can make a little donation, that would be nice. :)

http://www.1-800-save-a-pet.com/shelterpages/70004.html

IronSooner
3/24/2006, 02:43 PM
Catch them, and give me a call.

Cats make good leather?

Soonerbabeinbama
3/24/2006, 02:46 PM
Why do you guys hate cats? They are loving and sensitive. I was really sick a few years ago and I had a cat that stayed by my side while I had to stay in bed. She had never done that before, and has never done it since. It was like she knew I needed to be comforted. Kitties need lovin too!!

C&CDean
3/24/2006, 02:49 PM
Cats make good leather?

No, coyote bait. And tacos.

BillyBall
3/24/2006, 02:49 PM
It's cool (legal) to kill stray cats in Wisconsin. With that state though, I think its the Hmong influence......

3/24/2006, 02:58 PM
Why do you guys hate cats? They are loving and sensitive. I was really sick a few years ago and I had a cat that stayed by my side while I had to stay in bed. She had never done that before, and has never done it since. It was like she knew I needed to be comforted. Kitties need lovin too!!

Nothing wrong with that at all.

Homo.

MamaMia
3/24/2006, 03:08 PM
We were having this very conversation during my ladies cards night. I think cats are unfortunately viewed in a bad light because litter boxes are smelly and its hard to get rid of cat urine. Thats just a guess though. :)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/24/2006, 03:14 PM
Atwoods. Live trap. About $35 or so. A can of the cheapest catfood you can find. Catch them, and give me a call.Or catch them then call the pound

yermom
3/24/2006, 03:15 PM
We were having this very conversation at during my ladies cards night. I think cats are unfortunately viewed in a bad light because litter boxes are smelly and its hard to get rid of cat urine. Thats just a guess though. :)

that and they tear up **** and get their hair all over everything

i have a love/hate relationship with my gf's cats :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/24/2006, 03:15 PM
We were having this very conversation at during my ladies cards night. I think cats are unfortunately viewed in a bad light because litter boxes are smelly and its hard to get rid of cat urine. Thats just a guess though. :)Part of it is that at least in my neighborhood, people let their cats run wild and procreate to make more wild cats.

IronSooner
3/24/2006, 03:25 PM
No, coyote bait. And tacos.

What about baja chalupas?

Jimminy Crimson
3/24/2006, 03:27 PM
You could always get rid of your son! :D

Vaevictis
3/24/2006, 03:40 PM
I think cats are unfortunately viewed in a bad light because litter boxes are smelly and its hard to get rid of cat urine.

That doesn't help. Neither does the whole, "Dogs have masters, cats have staff" thing.

The main beef that I have with cats is they'll start doing something you don't like, you'll cuss them out, they'll stop... and watch you until you turn your back before they start doing it again.

However, I will say that there is very little more entertaining than a cat on the receiving end of a swirlie.

C&CDean
3/24/2006, 03:43 PM
We were having this very conversation at during my ladies cards night. I think cats are unfortunately viewed in a bad light because litter boxes are smelly and its hard to get rid of cat urine. Thats just a guess though. :)

Uh, I think it's the fact that they're the direct spawn of Satan himself. Cats are soulless little devils who haven't got an ounce of loyalty in them. They prey on innocent little things - and we're not talking mice here. They stink, they shed, they're destructive, and they puke hairballs. **** em'.

Soonerbabeinbama
3/24/2006, 03:48 PM
Litter boxes can be smelly. The best invention ever has to be scoopable cat litter. That stuff rocks. True - nothing smells worse than cat (MALE!!) urine. At least cats are smart enough to use a box (usually) - dogs (and I love them too) just crap and pee on the floor. And when my cat Toi dies, I'm going to get my tractor and give her a ceremonial drag around the back yard. Nothing but the best for my kitty!!:D

Mjcpr
3/24/2006, 03:50 PM
Nothing but the best for my kitty!!:D

That's hawt.

IB4OU2
3/24/2006, 03:57 PM
I don't care for cats but my wife and girls have had "Greta" for over 12 years. This cat has NEVER been out of the house, she weighs about 30 lbs. and drags socks out of the laundry constantly, sleeps on our bed and drools. I'm allergic to her btw.

GottaHavePride
3/24/2006, 03:59 PM
At least cats are smart enough to use a box (usually) - dogs (and I love them too) just crap and pee on the floor.

Not if you know how to train a dog properly they don't. I like dogs, but I would only own large working-breed kinds of dogs. Labs and German Shepherds and Akitas and such.

Birds pwn cats.

3/24/2006, 04:01 PM
We have two cats. One was my wife's cat before we started dating 18 years ago.

This cat has obviously lost the ability to see the litter box.

The other is about 10 years and a great mouser. She doesn't much care for human contact, but she does enjoy us buying food for her.

Baja chalupa, beyotches.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/24/2006, 04:06 PM
http://www.hizone.info/data/2003/07/09/images/cat_in_a_bottle.jpg

Melo
3/24/2006, 04:15 PM
First of all... Someone mentioned it, but traps are awesome. Set em up, put some cat food or tuna in there, and you should catch em. During Christmas break, I was at a friends ranch, and I got to watch her shoot em. :O

Second... Cats suck.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/24/2006, 04:16 PM
The only time my dogs ever had accidents on the floor was when they were sick--which was rare.

I have never had a cat. I have no idea how to take care of one. It grosses me out when I go to someone's house and their cat is jumping up on the cabinets in the kitchen.

Soonerbabeinbama
3/24/2006, 04:21 PM
First of all... Someone mentioned it, but traps are awesome. Set em up, put some cat food or tuna in there, and you should catch em. During Christmas break, I was at a friends ranch, and I got to watch her shoot em. :O

Second... Cats suck.
That is terrible!! I do hope you are kidding.......

GottaHavePride
3/24/2006, 04:24 PM
If it's on a ranch stray cats can do a lot of damage, killing chickens and such. Heck yeah they'd shoot 'em.

Viking Kitten
3/24/2006, 04:24 PM
People who don't like cats suck. This includes my husband.

Sincerely, Me.

GottaHavePride
3/24/2006, 04:25 PM
I like most fuzzy critters at least a little. You'd just have to pay me to own a cat.

Soonerbabeinbama
3/24/2006, 04:27 PM
If it's on a ranch stray cats can do a lot of damage, killing chickens and such. Heck yeah they'd shoot 'em.
Chickens can cause a lot of damage too. You ever been pecked by a chicken? :eek:

3/24/2006, 04:27 PM
Our cat stinks like an old stinking thing. I pray for her death every evening.

GottaHavePride
3/24/2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah, but on a farm chickens are considered "valuable assets".

Soonerbabeinbama
3/24/2006, 04:29 PM
I think the problem with cat haters is that they realize that cats are just smarter than they are!!;)

IB4OU2
3/24/2006, 04:33 PM
We have a Cat lady in our town that's constantly feeding the stray cats and they're everywhere........I pulled a dead one out from under the porch a few weeks ago. :mad:

BoogercountySooner
3/24/2006, 04:44 PM
I don't care for cats but my wife and girls have had "Greta" for over 12 years. This cat has NEVER been out of the house, she weighs about 30 lbs. and drags socks out of the laundry constantly, sleeps on our bed and drools. I'm allergic to her btw.

And miss Greta makes uncle Booger sick as a dog when he comes to visit!:O

Flagstaffsooner
3/24/2006, 04:50 PM
Dogs eat cat poop. Nuf said.

Flagstaffsooner
3/24/2006, 04:53 PM
If it's on a ranch stray people can do a lot of damage, killing chickens and such. Heck yeah they'd shoot 'em.
:cool:

Tailwind
3/24/2006, 05:02 PM
I like cats. I like dogs. I like birds. I like fish. It's some people I'm not crazy about. Unfortantely, you're not allowed to shoot them.

royalfan5
3/24/2006, 05:06 PM
Cats are also very useful in controlling mice, sparrows, and swallows on farm/ranch and mice wreak havoc on feed and supplement stores and sparrows and swallows are pain in the ***. We've always had cats and ample variety of useful birds(chickens, geese, guineas) and never had a problem.

Jimminy Crimson
3/24/2006, 05:10 PM
Cats are also very useful in controlling mice, sparrows, and swallows on farm/ranch and mice wreak havoc on feed and supplement stores and sparrows and swallows are pain in the ***. We've always had cats and ample variety of useful birds(chickens, geese, guineas) and never had a problem.

Tru dat.

Soonerbabeinbama
3/24/2006, 05:11 PM
Dogs eat cat poop. Nuf said.
yeah - and then they run up to you and give you a big ole slurppy dog kiss!!:D

proud gonzo
3/24/2006, 05:20 PM
I don't like ALL cats. I like a few specific cats. But I absolutely do not want to own one. I hate litter boxes, I hate cat hair everywhere, and i hate itching, coughing, sneezing, and wheezing.

btw--if a dog makes a mess in the floor it's the owner's fault for being too dumb to train it.

IronSooner
3/24/2006, 05:20 PM

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/gallery/misc/pixel_itchyscratchy2.gif

IB4OU2
3/24/2006, 05:32 PM
We have a Cat lady in our town that's constantly feeding the stray cats and they're everywhere........I pulled a dead one out from under the porch a few weeks ago. :mad:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64000&highlight=Dead+Cat

3/24/2006, 05:38 PM
My wife and I were about half way through the return phase of a 10-hour drive to my mother's funeral last Saturday. I mentioned that the only thing that could make my weekend somehow better would be to smell the sweet smell of a dead cat (outside) when we got home.

3/24/2006, 05:42 PM
My humor and stinky cat live on.

Soonerbabeinbama
3/24/2006, 08:10 PM
btw--if a dog makes a mess in the floor it's the owner's fault for being too dumb to train it.
I know this is going to come as a shock PG, but I beg to differ with you. I have never had a dog that hasn't peed or pooped on the floor at one time or another - and yes, they have been trained. We're not dealing with Einsteins here - my dog would just rather pee on the floor than go out. He knows better - I take him out and he is a "good boy" but sometimes he will pee on the floor. Doesn't have a darn thing to do with training. They are animals.

Al Gore
3/24/2006, 09:07 PM
Can you train 1TC not to pee on the floor???

bri
3/24/2006, 09:22 PM
Reading this thread, all I can think of is watching DC and Dean's son trying to hunt a sickly AIDS cat out at The Compound. Needless to say, I can't stop laughing...

BajaOklahoma
3/24/2006, 09:45 PM
My son's ex-girlfriend had the cat from Hell. The only person she likes is my son. She terrorized my dogs. My HUGE dogs. Frotunately she is now in the land of ice and snow.
My son and his new girlfriend rescued a cat left in their apt parking lot. It took a few days of feeding before they were able to catch it. This is the nicest cat - seems to appreciate its good fortune. It likes people, even if they just met.

But big dogs still rule. I want another one.

Zbird
3/24/2006, 11:08 PM

Wanna borrow my 9mm? Hand grenade? Wood chipper? OK, just run a concrete curb all the way around the storage building. Drill 1/2" hole in floor, insert hose ........ Viola! instant enclosed cat pool.

Zbird
3/24/2006, 11:13 PM
Cats make good leather?

coyote bait

bri
3/24/2006, 11:15 PM
http://zealcorp.com/bonsaikitten/icubedmycat.gif (http://zealcorp.com/bonsaikitten/)

:D

Zbird
3/24/2006, 11:21 PM
I think the problem with cat haters is that they realize that cats are just smarter than they are!!;)

Then why don't they learn to develop their trigger fingers?

Zbird
3/24/2006, 11:25 PM
yeah - and then they run up to you and give you a big ole slurppy dog kiss!!:D

Yeah, cats just lick their cajones on the kitchen table.

bigdsooner
i hate cats, the only cat i like is the one i got now. shes really cool, shes a tabby cat, my oldest daughter got her as a bday present this past december. she weighs just over 2lbs. no, shes not sick, shes just really small. awesome cat, she falls asleep on top of my wifes alarm clock all the time.

bri
Yeah, good question....OH YEAH, it's because they DON'T have fingers.

Worthless, mewing, no-finger-having sons of whores...:mad:

Soonerbabeinbama
3/25/2006, 12:29 AM
Then why don't they learn to develop their trigger fingers?
because they have nasty claws that will rip you to shreds

Soonerbabeinbama
3/25/2006, 12:30 AM
yeah, and so, what's your point?:cool:
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6121/catlovers7co.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Vaevictis
3/25/2006, 02:47 AM

Like you wouldn't if you could.

Melo
3/25/2006, 03:20 AM

Yes, until a stray, un-neutered (sp?) kitty comes to the ranch, and then you have a whoooooole lot of kitties running around...

My friend has about 4 of them, including one who has 23 toes. But they were taking care of the problem before it became a problem.

Melo
3/25/2006, 03:23 AM
http://zealcorp.com/bonsaikitten/icubedmycat.gif (http://zealcorp.com/bonsaikitten/)

F***ING gross!

Waste Removal. Left to its own devices, the kitten would quickly fill its vessel with its own urine and feces, leading to certain sickness and death, not to mention the inevitably unpleasant appearance and odor. The best solution is to seal the kitten's anus with Super Glue prior to insertion, and then insert a waste tube through a third hole in the vessel. As the kitten's body is still developing, a natural rectal diverticulum will soon form around the tube, which can be drained in any convenient fashion. It's just like a kitty colostomy bag!

This makes me want to barf.

Vaevictis
3/25/2006, 04:25 AM
Melo, you do realize that it's a joke, right? :)

Melo
3/25/2006, 04:57 AM
Melo, you do realize that it's a joke, right? :)

:O

Its a sick joke.

What the heck... I didnt even think it could be a joke. I just took it for face value. Stupid internet.

Jerk
3/25/2006, 06:24 AM

When we brought Brodee, our German Shepherd, home last year at 7 weeks old, the poor thing got extremely homesick the first night away from his litter and cried and whined his little heart out in our bed while we tried to sleep. Our 2 year old cat, Naula, curled up with Brodee and went to sleep with him, and Brodee finally rested. Brodee is 100 pounds now and the cat is 7 pounds, and they are still friends, or "brother and sister."

Tailwind
3/25/2006, 10:00 AM
Smelly Cat, Smelly cat what are they feeding you?
Smelly Cat, smelly cat it's not your fault...

They won't take you to the vet.
You're obviously not their favorite pet.
You may not be a bed of roses,
And you're no friend to those with noses.

Smelly cat, smelly cat what are they feeding you?
Smelly cat, smelly cat it's not your fault!

royalfan5
3/25/2006, 10:04 AM
Yes, until a stray, un-neutered (sp?) kitty comes to the ranch, and then you have a whoooooole lot of kitties running around...

My friend has about 4 of them, including one who has 23 toes. But they were taking care of the problem before it became a problem.
farm life is hard on cats, they tend to thin out on their own, plus you don't have problems giving them away.

soonerjoker
3/25/2006, 10:28 AM
i have a cat & he's nice & friendly (to me).
he's an outdoor cat, but poor little guy has been fixed.
i think cats are dumb. he sleeps outside, (every nite of his life)
no matter how hot or cold. it got down to low 20s here, but it doesn't
bother him.
we didn't want a cat, but we started feeding him & his mom,(a young
single mother) & she was gone after a while, but he stayed.

he's OK.

bri
3/25/2006, 10:29 AM

Follow. But...follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth...

Vaevictis
3/25/2006, 12:19 PM

Not if you break their neck. The most clawing I've ever gotten before I was in a position to break a cat's neck was 1 or 2 swipes.

proud gonzo
3/25/2006, 08:53 PM
I know this is going to come as a shock PG, but I beg to differ with you. I have never had a dog that hasn't peed or pooped on the floor at one time or another - and yes, they have been trained. We're not dealing with Einsteins here - my dog would just rather pee on the floor than go out. He knows better - I take him out and he is a "good boy" but sometimes he will pee on the floor. Doesn't have a darn thing to do with training. They are animals.
I don't know whether to agree to disagree or to thank you for proving my point.