PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding home in Tulsa

Boomer.....
3/24/2006, 12:55 PM
I'm fixing to graduate and move from Norman to Tulsa. I need help finding a realtor and area to live in. My job is on 71st and Sheridan, so I want to stay around there. I was thinking south Tulsa, Union area, Broken Arrow, Jenks, and maybe Bixby. What areas are nice. My price range is probably going to be around $150K.

Newbomb Turk
3/24/2006, 01:01 PM
I hope after you graduate, you don't say "fixing" anymore unless something is broken. ;)

Hamhock
3/24/2006, 01:19 PM
Pine & Sheridan is a nice area.

Okla-homey
3/24/2006, 01:35 PM
I'm fixing to graduate and move from Norman to Tulsa. I need help finding a realtor and area to live in. My job is on 71st and Sheridan, so I want to stay around there. I was thinking south Tulsa, Union area, Broken Arrow, Jenks, and maybe Bixby. What areas are nice. My price range is probably going to be around $150K.

We're down around 101st and Memorial. Nice, just barely in South Tulsa. However, Mrs Homey insists we're moving to mid-town when I graduate to be closer to work and the glory that is mid-Tulsa. (She has some delusional desire to be able to walk or bike to work)

Boomer.....
3/24/2006, 01:37 PM
I hope after you graduate, you don't say "fixing" anymore unless something is broken. ;)

I am about to graduate....

Better?

Anyone know any good realtors? How about Coldwell Banker?

Mjcpr
3/24/2006, 01:42 PM

Better?

IMO they're all about the same, just depends on which one gives you the better rate but that's irrelevant for you since you're not selling. They all enter the search criteria you're looking for and haul you around to some houses a few times.

So just pick a major company and then pick the hottest realtor.

Stanley1
3/24/2006, 01:45 PM

Better?

Kim Tryon.

I think she is with CB. She helped me out a TON when I was selling my house in Tulsa after moving to Dallas. She'll be good to you.

918-481-8231

That is the last number I have for her. I think it may be her cell number.

OU Adonis
3/24/2006, 01:45 PM
Kim Tryon.

I think she is with CB. She helped me out a TON when I was selling my house in Tulsa after moving to Dallas. She'll be good to you.

918-481-8231

That is the last number I have for her. I think it may be her cell number.

But is she hawt?

Stanley1
3/24/2006, 01:51 PM
But is she hawt?

She's luke warm.

Most of you hillybillies would hit it. ;)

Boomer.....
3/24/2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks, Stanley.

Other opinions are also welcome.

boomersooner28
3/24/2006, 03:11 PM
Not kidding, a friend of mine brought me one of those Realtor mags you can pick up at the grocery store for free to ask me if this certain house was a good deal....it is 3133 sq ft, looks really nice, late 70's model I would suspect, and they are only asking $152,900!!! :eek:

Hell yeah thats a good deal! Let me know if you are interested, I will try to find it again for ya.

Boomer.....
3/24/2006, 03:19 PM
That's a huge house for the price, but I like the look of the newer houses.

BudSooner
3/24/2006, 04:21 PM
Pine & Sheridan is a nice area.

Heh.
<---Admiral and Harvard.:cool:

picasso
3/24/2006, 04:24 PM
We're down around 101st and Memorial. Nice, just barely in South Tulsa. However, Mrs Homey insists we're moving to mid-town when I graduate to be closer to work and the glory that is mid-Tulsa. (She has some delusional desire to be able to walk or bike to work)
dude, you're in South once you enter the 71st range.

Mjcpr
3/24/2006, 04:26 PM
Technically, everything south of Admiral is south.

GottaHavePride
3/24/2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks, Stanley.

Other opinions are also welcome.

I need a pic of her before I can give you an opinion on whether she's hot.

IB4OU2
3/24/2006, 05:15 PM

That's the area we used to live in Homey, look around the Florence park area or Utica Square/Swan Lake area it beats the hell out of helltown(South Tuksa).

yermom
3/24/2006, 05:16 PM

i read it as almost back into Tulsa, you are basically in Bixby at 101st

Stanley1
3/24/2006, 05:17 PM
Technically, everything south of Admiral is south.

And technically you're a homo. So what?

KC//CRIMSON
3/24/2006, 05:58 PM

You're suppose to move out of Oklahoma after you graduate.;)

Boomer.....
3/24/2006, 06:12 PM
Gotta go where the job is.

MiccoMacey
3/24/2006, 06:25 PM
12th and Columbia...close to a nice shooting range. My kids call it "the park". :D

I keed. I keed.

Okla-homey
3/24/2006, 07:25 PM

I meant waaay south, as in barely still in South Tulsa. In fact a few hundred yards further and you're in Bixby.

Okla-homey
3/24/2006, 07:26 PM
You're suppose to move out of Oklahoma after you graduate.;)

The mayor says all the smartest college graduates in OK end up here in Tulsa.:O

picasso
3/24/2006, 07:29 PM
I meant waaay south, as in barely still in South Tulsa. In fact a few hundred yards further and you're in Bixby.
Camden considers anything past 41st as being south. She's an urbanite you could say.:)

and I'm not discriminating, my sis lived near 88th and Deleware for a long time. Cam's Dad lives on the hill off 71st between Harvard and Lewis, her cuz is near there too.

Hamhock
3/24/2006, 10:20 PM
I worked with a guy who moved here from the east coast. He had lived here two years when I met him. I was telling him about Brownies. He was having trouble picturing the location. Finally, he said..."Oh, you mean North Tulsa"... I said no.

He said.."I thought the only thing north of downtown was the airport." heh....I took him for a ride. Reminded me of Vacation where Clark says "Roll 'em up"

Williesan
3/24/2006, 11:57 PM
I'm a midtown guy myself - grew up around 32nd & Yale and live off of 27th and Yale in Lortondale (the "flat-top" houses). There are a couple for sale here and there and if you like a cool looking house, start here. Then again if you want a leaky roof... :mad: Nice thing about this part of town is that I'm 10 minutes away from work (downtown), 10 from Shopageddon on 71st street and 10 from Shopageddon Jr. on 41st. Ten from the airport, too (great when you have a 6:00 AM flight - then it's 5!)

Other Midtown recommendations:
Florence Park (15th - 21st between Harvard and the BA Expressway) isn't far away and it's fairly nice, but the homes are probably overpriced for the cost/sf.

"Brookside" - basically north of 41st between the river and Utica. Nice smaller homes, and fairly well kept. But Brookside is the "it" party place at night, and traffic spills into the back streets at a high rate of speed and quantity.

The area south of TU isn't as well kept, but the prices are reasonable. It's making a resurgance too with youger people moving in and cleaning things up.

Those are my preferences for in town - as for outside Tulsa, newer construction may be a better way to go. Some nice developments north of Sand Springs that start in the mid-$150's, as well as the same in Owasso & Skiatook. (JohnnyMack can help you with Owasso 'hoods.) Mannford's a little ways out towards Aggie-ville, but you can get near-lake or lakeside homes for a decent price, but you trade that for a 30 minute commute.

Just my dime's worth.

Williesan

Norman Sooner
3/25/2006, 12:28 AM
My dad has a house for sale in between memorial and sheridan and 71st and 81st...