PDA

View Full Version : The next in line for DT to OL...

NormanPride
3/24/2006, 11:07 AM
Apparently Simmons is now an Offensive Lineman. Thoughts? I'm assuming with the height and our lack of depth there, that he'd be an OT, but I am not certain.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/24/2006, 11:53 AM
i wonder how his foot is holding up

The Consumate Showman
3/24/2006, 12:32 PM
Brian Simmons to OL??? Who reported that??

The guy is massive and a real class act, but it seems like he should stay at DT to me. To me he doesn't really look like a natural OL......maybe with some Schmitty time.....

Desert Sapper
3/24/2006, 12:33 PM
Brian Simmons to OL??? Who reported that??

The guy is massive and a real class act, but it seems like he should stay at DT to me. To me he doesn't really look like a natural OL......maybe with some Schmitty time.....

Looks kinda like Jammal Brown did when he was a DL. We need all the OL we can get. Maybe he'll win the Outland trophy some day.

The Consumate Showman
3/24/2006, 01:05 PM
Looks kinda like Jammal Brown did when he was a DL. We need all the OL we can get. Maybe he'll win the Outland trophy some day.

I'm gonna have to reserve that award for DUKE.....;) :D

snp
3/24/2006, 01:30 PM
Did they ever try and make Pendelton an OL, or am I just imagining that.

The Consumate Showman
3/24/2006, 01:48 PM
?? don't think so....

NormanPride
3/24/2006, 01:52 PM
He's deep down in the depth chart, and we're REALLY DEEP at DT, so it's probably the best move for him. I hope he keeps a good attitude, because the fans will love him if he does well. And, most likely, we'd give him more slack than we'd give other players.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/24/2006, 02:01 PM
well, this is our first test of just how good our OL coach is. if he can spot and develop him some talent, then everyone can concentrate all their energy on how good/bad/predictable our OC is...

The Consumate Showman
3/24/2006, 02:08 PM
Simmons is a nice guy. I talked to him after a game and he is really a likeable guy. Real down to earth. Plus, he's from that military academy in Hargrave; I bet they put enstilled a good attitude in him...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/24/2006, 02:16 PM
i triple dog dare you to say the same about tim duncan

The Consumate Showman
3/24/2006, 02:30 PM
uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh.....NO.....

mrowl
3/25/2006, 10:21 AM
well, this is our first test of just how good our OL coach is. if he can spot and develop him some talent, then everyone can concentrate all their energy on how good/bad/predictable our OC is...

:D

GDC
3/25/2006, 11:10 AM
From the Tulsa World today:

OU needs offensive linemen in the worst way, and with Barresi down, the situation has become bleak. Simmons said he agreed to the move because of the success that Jammal Brown and Davin Joseph had after switching from defensive line. Brown became a first-round NFL pick, and Joseph is projected as a second-rounder next month.

"I thought (Simmons) looked awesome for one day and just, on the run, trying to teach him where to go and what to do," Stoops said. "But he looks like a natural in there. I kind of equate and evaluate it a little bit like a Davin and Jammal. They made the transition, and I think it has a chance to be really good for Brian as well."

stoopified
3/25/2006, 02:21 PM
well, this is our first test of just how good our OL coach is. if he can spot and develop him some talent, then everyone can concentrate all their energy on how good/bad/predictable our OC is...Let me beat the rush and be the first to say Wison's offense is a real wiener and he must go.Hey somebody has to be first in the bashing line.:)