PDA

View Full Version : Texas had less tradition than OU coming into the 2000's

usmc-sooner
3/24/2006, 12:55 AM
are they a sleeping giant or are we doing something very wrong.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/24/2006, 12:57 AM
Deep breath. Then utter the following scores,
63-14.
14-3.
35-24.
65-13.
12-0.
There, dontcha feel better. I feel like a new man myself.:cool:

sanantoniosooner
3/24/2006, 12:59 AM
With the recruiting base, fan support, and funds available, UT has no excuse for not being a top ten program in any sport they participate in IMO.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/24/2006, 01:01 AM
With the recruiting base, fan support, and funds available, UT has no excuse for not being a top ten program in any sport they participate in IMO.
Heaven help us if Cat Osterman and her UT softball mates celebrate a Women's CWS title on Oklahoma soil.

aTm2004
3/24/2006, 01:03 AM
Fan support? Wait until they have an off year and they won't have any fans.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/24/2006, 01:06 AM
When? Wheeeeennnnnn?

sanantoniosooner
3/24/2006, 01:09 AM
not true. Sure the bandwagon will thin out, but you have lot of diehards with a university the size of UT or aTm.

usmc-sooner
3/24/2006, 01:21 AM
funny

I like Kelvin Sampson.

but you goobs jump on this like I was asking for his job.

sanantoniosooner
3/24/2006, 07:49 AM
funny

I like Kelvin Sampson.

but you goobs jump on this like I was asking for his job.
Most all the posts have to do with the UT part of your post, not the KS part.

No wonder it's hard to debate with you.

crawfish
3/24/2006, 09:08 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Harry Beanbag
3/24/2006, 09:19 AM
We're living in the middle of UT's glory years, and I ****ing can't stand it anymore. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/24/2006, 09:21 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

To quote Mangino "That's right, dollar signs"

Texas still doesn't have more tradition. Maybe almost as much now but they are gaining fast. I'm really suprised that they hadn't had more success until the last 8-10 years.

usmc-sooner
3/24/2006, 10:07 AM
Most all the posts have to do with the UT part of your post, not the KS part.

No wonder it's hard to debate with you.

I was joking, should have put the smiley up.

but my point is 10 years ago UT had the same money and access to local kids as they do today. My question is are we making too many mistakes or is the UT coach just really doing something right.

MojoRisen
3/24/2006, 10:15 AM
Texas is putting some in the NBA- if we are talking basketball. They have a good style of play and really are landing some good bball players.

I think we normally housed them in rivarly games- They kept kids in the program after the elite 8 runs- and have less rebuilding too do.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/24/2006, 10:50 AM
up until 1990, we had more tradition than arizona and way more than uconn. who would you consider has more tradition now? basketball is about finding coaches who refuse to rest on their laurels. tubbs did it. sampson has done it.

soonervegas
3/24/2006, 11:33 AM
I have been a Kelvin supporter, but I think watching Texas last night turned me to the dark side. Texas has past us as a basketball program.

They are getting 1-2 Mc Donald's All -Americans per year. We are getting 1 every 3-4 years. Couple this with the fact that ours do not stay....and you will be seeing a wider and wider gap between b-ball programs.

Kelvin either needs to be more player friendly and run a program (offense) that MD AA want to come to regularly or we need to find someone else.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/24/2006, 11:56 AM
Barnes is a good coach, especially compared to Penders. Texas is bringing in some real good players but so are we.

Texas passed us as a basketball program 2 years ago, we passed them last year, they passed us again this year. If you look at it that way. It certainly doesn't bring me joy to see Texas likely going to the Final 4 this year but I'm about 5 times more concerned with what we are doing that what they are.

I expect Texas to be perinially at least pretty good but they are probably only a top team as long as Barnes is around. Hoops is second fiddle in Whorn country as much as it is here. They have a nice class coming in but if Tucker or Aldridge (or both) jump to the NBA then Texas will slip back into the pack pretty quickly.