PDA

View Full Version : I would have rather heard USC 3-peat talk than...

kelloggOUballa
3/24/2006, 12:46 AM
all the talk about Texas winning all three national titles in a span of a year....hopefully someone else steps up

Egeo
3/24/2006, 01:03 AM
i dont like basketball or baseball taht much anyway

Desert Sapper
3/24/2006, 05:36 AM
Yeah, the thought of the shorthorn steers getting a thorough media gushing for their 'spectacular athletic department' is enough to make me nauseous.

That being said, nothing would be worse than if suc won in the Rose Bowl. Nothing. We would hear about the 'three-peat' forever. We'd hear about the danger to the 47 game winning streak until they lost this year, which could be in December or later. The hype would still be going and going and going. Greatest team in history. Greatest team in the universe. Unbeatable. Once again the spectacular, marvelous, wonderful, excellent Pacific 10 Conference defeated the miserable, lowly, overrated Big XII conference. Worse, we'd have to relive the Orange Bowl again...and again...and again. At least now nobody gives a s***.

Now you got me in this mood again...please don't do it again.

Jason White's Third Knee
3/24/2006, 07:18 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOO Texas.

There.

Thank god they beat usc though. (or the devil... whoever you think is most responsible for the outcome)

IronSooner
3/24/2006, 10:18 AM
I really couldn't give a **** if they win baseball.

It seems like they have the easiest road to the Final 4 of anyone, but as long as UConn stays in it I won't be too afraid of UT winning.

Octavian
3/24/2006, 10:22 AM
I'm afraid of where this thread is going...

soonerboy_odanorth
3/24/2006, 10:32 AM
Yeah, the thought of the shorthorn steers getting a thorough media gushing for their 'spectacular athletic department' is enough to make me nauseous.

That being said, nothing would be worse than if suc won in the Rose Bowl. Nothing. We would hear about the 'three-peat' forever. We'd hear about the danger to the 47 game winning streak until they lost this year, which could be in December or later. The hype would still be going and going and going. Greatest team in history. Greatest team in the universe. Unbeatable. Once again the spectacular, marvelous, wonderful, excellent Pacific 10 Conference defeated the miserable, lowly, overrated Big XII conference. Worse, we'd have to relive the Orange Bowl again...and again...and again. At least now nobody gives a s***.

Now you got me in this mood again...please don't do it again.

You couldn't be more right. That scenario would have been worthy of ritual suicide.

TheGodfather889
3/24/2006, 01:10 PM
UConn will take care of the Horns.

The Consumate Showman
3/24/2006, 01:17 PM
I would rather an earthquake drop Los Angeles off into the ocean.....and a wildfire destroy UT's campus.......That's just me though...

Crimson and Orange
3/24/2006, 01:17 PM
That being said, nothing would be worse than if suc won in the Rose Bowl. Nothing. We would hear about the 'three-peat' forever. We'd hear about the danger to the 47 game winning streak until they lost this year, which could be in December or later. The hype would still be going and going and going. Greatest team in history. Greatest team in the universe. Unbeatable. Once again the spectacular, marvelous, wonderful, excellent Pacific 10 Conference defeated the miserable, lowly, overrated Big XII conference.

Your 47-game streak is one of those sacred records -- like DiMaggio's 56 -- that I never want to see fall. It's a testament to a man and a program that they just don't make anymore. If that streak is ever broken, it will be a sad day.

The Consumate Showman
3/24/2006, 01:22 PM
If that streak is ever broken, it will be a sad day.

Unless of course if Bobby breaks it, the....HOORAY!!!!BOOMER SOONER

RedstickSooner
3/24/2006, 01:23 PM
Couldn't care less about non-football sports.

The Consumate Showman
3/24/2006, 01:25 PM
The hype would still be going and going and going. Greatest team in history. Greatest team in the universe. Unbeatable. Once again the spectacular, marvelous, wonderful, excellent Pacific 10 Conference defeated the miserable, lowly, overrated Big XII conference. Worse, we'd have to relive the Orange Bowl again...and again...and again.

It's still there. Have you seen ESPN covering USC spring FB like it's something awesome and wonderful and unbelieveable??? Carroll makes me want to puke and so does ESPN. I am soooo tired of this love fest going on and on.....I hope they lose 3 or 4 this year......

The Consumate Showman
3/24/2006, 01:26 PM
Couldn't care less about non-football sports.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

LSUdeek
3/24/2006, 01:26 PM
Can I get a "Geaux Tigers"?

I won't hold my breath though.

The Consumate Showman
3/24/2006, 01:29 PM
^ Sorry.....

Herr Scholz
3/24/2006, 01:38 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/57038722RB028_NC_State_Wolf031918_lower.jpg

The Consumate Showman
3/24/2006, 01:47 PM
the basketball gods saved UT last night......don't expect lightning to strike twice....LSwho will bring the shortwhorns down.....

AlbqSooner
3/25/2006, 01:26 AM
How quickly we forget.
Even if SUC had won the Rose Bowl, we would be hearing from the whorn fans. Just look at 2000 through 2004. At this time in each of those years they were preparing for a "next year" that would restore their football team to dominance in Dallas in October. Delusional thinking does not require any basis in reality.

Octavian
3/25/2006, 01:31 AM
11 pages

Duke o Brewery
3/25/2006, 01:58 AM
I would have rather heard USC 3-peat talk than...all the talk about Texas winning all three national titles in a span of a year....hopefully someone else steps up

AMEN to that! Nothing....NOTHING is worse than seeing our most bitter, disgusting and hated rivals winning national championships. I'd cheer for the (Russians/LSU/O-State/Les Miles/Miami/etc.) before I'd ever stand to see another texas championship. BOOMER SOONER! TEXASS BITES!

Duke o Brewery
3/25/2006, 02:00 AM

No. I still hate your kind with the fury of a thousand suns.
Just not as much as I hate texas.
Beat their a$$es!

Octavian
3/25/2006, 02:01 AM
maybe 12

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/25/2006, 02:01 AM

Now you got me in this mood again...please don't do it again.:P Kellogg, this is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Don't worry 'bout those whorns winning basketball, just cheer for their next opponent. The bottom line is that the OU 47 game football win streak is safe, for now.:)

Desert Sapper
3/25/2006, 10:17 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/57038722RB028_NC_State_Wolf031918_lower.jpg

Hey killer rabbit,

I know you clowns won at baseball last year (and the year before), but you haven't won this year. Not yet. You are ranked 18th in that sport by baseball america. Chances are you will still be playing baseball in June, may even win a regional series, but you won't win at basketball or baseball this year. I won't be surprised if you are in the final four. I will be if you are in the CWS. Mark it down. It's not the apocolypse just yet. Saxet still has a few more years of soul-selling to get to that point.

Here...let me help you...

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/top25/2006top25.html

FaninAma
3/25/2006, 11:43 AM
I dislike UT fans with a passion but if they can accomplish the feat then kudos to their program. In a way the stars have aligned perfectly for UT....they had the best player to ever put on a Longhorn uniform on their FB team with a lot of supporting talent and they are currently riding the production of one of the best basketball players(Aldridge) to attend their program also supported by a lot of talent.

goingoneight
3/25/2006, 01:20 PM
Unless of course if Bobby breaks it, the....HOORAY!!!!BOOMER SOONER

Stoops, not Bowden...

goingoneight
3/25/2006, 01:33 PM
I get a bad, bad feeling that with the strength of modern forces (I.E. OU 2000-2004, USC 2003-2005, Miami 2001-2002) someone is not only going to get dangerously close to the winning streak, but break it as well.

If, say FSU, or Penn State, Bob Stoops, or someone else of class wins it, congratulations... it will be tough to see it go. And the fact that someone today wins ten games in a row means that they could probably beat OU 1955 and 1956, means nothing to me. It was an accomlishment that will only be forgotten if someone like "God's Team USC" breaks it.

47 games is, what three undefeated seasons, and then some??? Like the GoHorns guy said, it will be forever one of the greatest times of college football. Imagine being in the off-season of 1955, knowing your team has been labeled unbeatable. How would you feel if 50 years later, some rich kids team bought the necessary players to break your sacred, hard-earned winning streak. Devastation.

Even whorns don't want that streak broken.

goingoneight
3/25/2006, 01:34 PM
it's not like Bud Wilkinson and Darrell Royal are still a threat to them...

Since71ASooner4Life
3/26/2006, 09:12 AM
To have a 3-peat you first need a 2-peat. Though they like to pretend, USC didn't play in or win the national title game 2 years ago. The national champion was LSU, who had the good fortune of playing for the title on their home field, where they barely beat the best team. Had the best teams QB not been hobbled by an ankle injury, we might have had a different outcome. Instead, our consolation prize that year was having whooped the snot out of the shorthorns (for the 4th straight year at that time, but who's counting)

Texas Golfer
3/26/2006, 09:55 AM
UConn will take care of the Horns.

The Horns didn't even make it to UConn.

Texas Golfer
3/26/2006, 10:01 AM
I get a bad, bad feeling that with the strength of modern forces (I.E. OU 2000-2004, USC 2003-2005, Miami 2001-2002) someone is not only going to get dangerously close to the winning streak, but break it as well.

If, say FSU, or Penn State, Bob Stoops, or someone else of class wins it, congratulations... it will be tough to see it go. And the fact that someone today wins ten games in a row means that they could probably beat OU 1955 and 1956, means nothing to me. It was an accomlishment that will only be forgotten if someone like "God's Team USC" breaks it.

The streak must NEVER be broken by anyone except OKLAHOMA.

Sco
3/26/2006, 10:24 AM
I literally danced at work when someone told me Texas lost last night....

badger
3/26/2006, 11:03 AM
oh no, texas sucks again!

oh, wait... BOOMER SOONER!

crimson&cream
3/27/2006, 03:01 AM

You guys better beat UCLA in BktB or your again on my $hit list, like after the sugar bowl, even if my brother does live in Monroe.

GDC
3/27/2006, 11:37 AM
Funny how things turn. USC went from three-peat talk to technically only one championship over that three year period. UT went from winning titles in three major sports in the same year to technically only a football championship.

Desert Sapper
3/27/2006, 11:54 AM
Funny how things turn. USC went from three-peat talk to technically only one championship over that three year period. UT went from winning titles in three major sports in the same year to technically only a football championship.

Ahhh...how magnificent to see the walls come crashing down at the cow palace...

Herr Scholz
3/27/2006, 01:39 PM
UT went from winning titles in three major sports in the same year to technically only a football championship.
Didn't get it done in basketball, but we're still the reigning champs in football and baseball until someone else wins those. Were the football and baseball titles in the same school year? No but we've got the trophies at the same time. Kind of like the 'Tiger Slam'. Not all of his titles were in the same year but he held all 4 trophies at the same time.

1991SOONER
3/27/2006, 03:39 PM
The streak must NEVER be broken by anyone except OKLAHOMA.

I really don't think we have anything to worry about. Football these days is much more competitive than it was back then. Too many moment shifts between teams will keep the streak alive. Have faith, and believe in the streak!!!

yermom
3/27/2006, 03:47 PM
I really don't think we have anything to worry about. Football these days is much more competitive than it was back then. Too many moment shifts between teams will keep the streak alive. Have faith, and believe in the streak!!!

not to mention the top 2 teams in bowl games against each other at the end of every season

the BCS will keep that record intact for us for a long time

mdklatt
3/27/2006, 03:48 PM
The Horns didn't even make it to UConn.

Neither did UConn. :D

yermom
3/27/2006, 03:48 PM
oh and listening to this Texas crap for a year or two is nothing like listening to the USC crap for 50

yermom
3/27/2006, 03:49 PM
Neither did UConn. :D

George Mas0wn3d!!1!

goingoneight
3/27/2006, 11:11 PM
Can I get a "Ghey Tiger"?

You probably could...

goingoneight
3/27/2006, 11:17 PM
To have a 3-peat you first need a 2-peat. Though they like to pretend, USC didn't play in or win the national title game 2 years ago. The national champion was LSU, who had the good fortune of playing for the title on their home field, where they barely beat the best team. Had the best teams QB not been hobbled by an ankle injury, we might have had a different outcome. Instead, our consolation prize that year was having whooped the snot out of the shorthorns (for the 4th straight year at that time, but who's counting)

Hello? Fourth Heisman winner? 77-0 against faggies? 52-9 against cow-pokers?
The BIG 12 and the MNC would have made me worship the ground Stoops walks on. Who would have thought without Quentin, with a cripple at QB, we could have been THAT good. I say regardless of OUr choke in 2003, we all know in OUr hearts who would have otherwise owned KSU and LSU if OUr heads were not placed inside OUr asses...