PDA

View Full Version : Dear KFSM (CBS station out of Fort Smith),

AllAboutThe'O'
3/23/2006, 07:35 PM
Who in their right mind wants to watch Memphis (a.k.a. Tiger High) swamp Bradley? I was all set to watch the LSU-Duke game and you had the gall to switch us over. That's just as bad as becoming the "unofficial" station for the Jacksonville Jaguars just because the local homeboy, Matt Jones, is on the team.
Arggggg, now I have to get on the computer to get updates on LSU-Duke.:mad:

Newbomb Turk
3/23/2006, 08:13 PM
I feel your pain. I don't want to watch the whorns and West Virginne later. I'd rather watch UCLA and the Zags.

so far, the two early games are good though.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/23/2006, 08:23 PM
I feel your pain. I don't want to watch the whorns and West Virginne later. I'd rather watch UCLA and the Zags.

so far, the two early games are good though.
Yeah, I've got a feeling we'll get the Texas-WVU game here. After all, my home area is "crawling" with 'Horn fans. In fact, I just went by the bank to cash my check and there was an avid 'Horn fan with a UT sweatshirt and a UT cap turned backward with a cigarette dangling from his mouth.

Newbomb Turk
3/23/2006, 08:26 PM
In fact, I just went by the bank to cash my check and there was an avid 'Horn fan with a UT sweatshirt and a UT cap turned backward with a cigarette dangling from his mouth.

you should have punched him. :D

RADsooner
3/23/2006, 08:28 PM
Who in their right mind wants to watch Memphis (a.k.a. Tiger High) swamp Bradley? I was all set to watch the LSU-Duke game and you had the gall to switch us over. That's just as bad as becoming the "unofficial" station for the Jacksonville Jaguars just because the local homeboy, Matt Jones, is on the team.

Where are you from? I work in fort smith......

sooner518
3/23/2006, 08:41 PM
watch it online. thats what Im doing. www.ncaasports.com/mmod

possibly the best thing to ever happen to sports watching

AllAboutThe'O'
3/23/2006, 09:35 PM
Where are you from? I work in fort smith......
So do I.

OUTromBoNado
3/23/2006, 09:39 PM

The local stations can't control that programming. It comes directly from CBS national. Call CBS's headquarters and gripe at them. They are the one's who determine who gets to see what games during the tournament. I'm sure I could probably find out the number for you.;)

It's the same thing with ABC during football season. Local affiliates cannot control that national feed.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/23/2006, 09:42 PM
The local stations can't control that programming. It comes directly from CBS national. Call CBS's headquarters and gripe at them. They are the one's who determine who gets to see what games during the tournament. I'm sure I could probably find out the number for you.;)

It's the same thing with ABC during football season. Local affiliates cannot control that national feed.
I know. Trust me, I know.
CBS headquarters just looks at a map and sees Memphis about five hours away from Fort Smith and they assume, "Oh, there's probably some Memphis fans living in Fort Smith, so we'll give them that game tonight."
At least we got to see the last few minutes of LSU-Duke, though.

TopDaugIn2000
3/23/2006, 09:42 PM
I always hated the FSM stations. All of em. Mostly cause of the CONSTANT hog stuff.

TopDaugIn2000
3/23/2006, 09:43 PM
At least we got to see the last few minutes of LSU-Duke, though.

that's what counted. wow

AllAboutThe'O'
3/23/2006, 09:47 PM
I always hated the FSM stations. All of em. Mostly cause of the CONSTANT hog stuff.
I agree. I don't dislike the Hogs, but I get sick of all the Arkansas-related coverage on the local TV stations. Not just the Razorbacks but the high schools are the same way. At times during football season last fall, it seemed as if the local stations had two fascinations: one the Hogs and two, Mustain and the Springdale Bulldogs.

RADsooner
3/24/2006, 12:49 AM
So do I.
I work at St.Edwards. you?

AllAboutThe'O'
3/24/2006, 12:51 AM
P.M. me. I still want to keep my identity a secret.;)

TopDaugIn2000
3/24/2006, 09:49 AM

My granda was just there last weekend, another episode of colon problems. He went home on tuesday or so though.