PDA

View Full Version : CP3's One-Liners

TopDaugIn2000
3/23/2006, 04:58 PM
These are good, especially like the trashcan one.

link (http://www.soonersports.com/share/PollRecord.dbml)

One Liners with Courtney Paris
Known nationally for her dominant ability, Courtney Paris might be equally famous around Norman for her quick-witted, jovial personality when she is away from the court. Her press conference jokes have become famous around Big 12 country. Below is a sampling of some of her memorable one-liners:

Where: NCAA First Round Press Conference:
The Question: You are a young freshman (turned 18 in Sept.), how come your parents had you start kindergarten at a the age of four?
CP3's Response: I was 5-11 as a five-year-old, so my parents figured I might as well start kindergarten. Plus, I have always thought that preschool was a cop out for parents.

Where: Press Conference after Big 12 Championship win
The Question: You missed your first nine free throws, what were you thinking when you made your last five attempts?
CP3's Response: Dribble, dribble, dribble, spin the ball and shoot.

Where: NCAA First Round locker room interview
The Question: Have you become a celebrity in Norman, someone who gets noticed all over campus and town?
CP3's Response: Last time I checked there aren’t many 6-4 black girls walking around Oklahoma. I think that is why I get noticed.

Where: Big 12 Media Day
The Question: Have you teammates put you through any initiation rituals?
CP3's Response: Well they haven’t tried to stuff me in a trash can or anything. I doubt they would be successful.

Where: Numerous press conferences
The Question: What is the key to the huge rebound numbers you have been able to put up?
CP3's Response: The ball is in the air, I figure that I might as well go get it.

Where: Big 12 Championship Press Conference
The Situation: During the press conference, teammate Erin Higgins questioned Paris for inadvertently forgetting the name of a teammate
CP3's Response: I don’t know their names because it is all about the name on the front

Big Red Ron
3/23/2006, 05:06 PM
I thought CP3 played for the Hornets.

SicEmBaylor
3/23/2006, 05:49 PM
I thought CP3 played for the Hornets.

She might in a few years.

oumartin
3/23/2006, 06:15 PM
she could be a lottery pick

TopDaugIn2000
3/23/2006, 07:29 PM

HEH!

Eielson
3/23/2006, 08:42 PM

You do know he is talking about Chris Paul, right.

NormanPride
3/24/2006, 11:06 AM

OH ****. I THOUGHT HE MEANT COURTNEY PARIS ONOZ. :les:

badger
3/24/2006, 11:47 AM

no, red spekky, we are talking about candice parker, the greatest basketball player in college basketball, who plays for pat summitt, the greatest basketball coach in college basketball. Did you know that she can dunk, just like the NBA players of the OKC Hornets? Her number is also #3. In fact, she dunked TWICE in a game! Plus, she is only a FRESHMAN (well, redshirt freshman, but most people ignore that), so imagine how much she'll dunk by the time she prepares for the draft!

CP3!CP3!CP3!CP3!CP3!CP3!CP3!CP3!CP3!CP3!CP3!CP3!CP 3!CP3!CP3!CP3!

:mad:

Big Red Ron
3/24/2006, 11:52 AM
no, red spekky, we are talking about candice parker, the greatest basketball player in college basketball, who plays for pat summitt, the greatest basketball coach in college basketball. Did you know that she can dunk, just like the NBA players of the OKC Hornets? Her number is also #3. In fact, she dunked TWICE in a game! Plus, she is only a FRESHMAN (well, redshirt freshman, but most people ignore that), so imagine how much she'll dunk by the time she prepares for the draft!

:mad:I don't normaly like Gotlieb but he was aked about those 'dunks' and he said yeah, they looked like a high school freshman (mens) dunk. Just barely over the rim, more of a layup than a dunk.

Jimminy Crimson
3/24/2006, 03:34 PM
He's on the front of ESPN The Magazine this month.

Also on the cover of DIME magazine, too. I think.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/insider/insiderMagIndex/mag_03272006.jpg

SicEmBaylor
3/24/2006, 03:41 PM

:mad:

I hope you're joking.

badger
3/25/2006, 12:58 AM
I hope you're joking.

what do YOU think, sic em?

I personally think you have a crush on Wabara :D

SicEmBaylor
3/25/2006, 02:02 AM
what do YOU think, sic em?

I personally think you have a crush on Wabara :D

She's a hell of a basketball player but not quite my type.
Female athletes tend to have too much self confidence for me.

chriscappel
3/25/2006, 06:12 AM
CP3's Response: Last time I checked there aren’t many 6-4 black girls walking around Oklahoma. I think that is why I get noticed

:eek: but funny!

badger
3/25/2006, 09:15 AM
:eek: but funny!
it's funny because it's true. of course, you don't see that much anywhere, even in California :D

wabara was mean to our girls during the Big 12 tournament. She has a sharp elbow and I think that we are happy she won't be back. I just mentioned her now because she has a funny last name

As for Candice Parker, I'm sick of hearing about her slam lay-ins (aka dunks) and how she has the same initials as Courtney Paris... oh! AND THE SAME NUMBER! CP3! Whooooooaaaa!

I fear what espn will do to us poor fans during today's game.