PDA

View Full Version : So is speaking in a foreign (non engish) language an expression of free speach?

OU Adonis
3/23/2006, 04:56 PM
Since I am on a roll here, what are your opinions?

Stanley1
3/23/2006, 04:58 PM
Si Senior.

Mjcpr
3/23/2006, 04:59 PM
Si Senior.

Si Senior?

Do you sell propane and propane accessories?

picasso
3/23/2006, 05:01 PM
speachen ze speech?

OU Adonis
3/23/2006, 05:03 PM
My biggest pet peeve is when someone calls work and expects a bilingual speaking person to talk to them. Yes who I work for is a major company but stiiiiiiiill. And yes, we are hiring bilingual employees, and they get paid more.

Basically we are paying people more to talk to illegals/non citizens, because last I checked knowing how to speak English (and write it) was a requirement for being a citizen.

Stanley1
3/23/2006, 05:04 PM
I spelled it ebonically(sp) b/c I didn't want to find the ~ thingy.

Get off my back PAT!!!!!

:)

OU Adonis
3/23/2006, 05:06 PM
Get off my back PAT!!!!!

:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/TheJournalist/Picons/fabulous.jpg

mdklatt
3/23/2006, 05:09 PM
Basically we are paying people more to talk to illegals/non citizens, because last I checked knowing how to speak English (and write it) was a requirement for being a citizen.

Your company tries to maximize profits and rewards employees with advanced skills? The nerve!

jeremy885
3/23/2006, 05:09 PM

If that's the case, then why do they have to have ballots in a billion different languages?

OU Adonis
3/23/2006, 05:13 PM
If that's the case, then why do they have to have ballots in a billion different languages?

Because we are way too PC about offending groups of people.

http://immigration-law.freeadvice.com/citizenship/citizen_us.htm

jeremy885
3/23/2006, 05:17 PM
Because we are way too PC about offending groups of people.

http://immigration-law.freeadvice.com/citizenship/citizen_us.htm

Or they meet the special exemption requirement

"Special exceptions to some of the general requirements are available for the disabled, members of the military, veterans, spouses married to U.S. citizens living overseas, and Legal Permanent Residents who work for certain organizations that promote U.S. interests abroad. Similarly exemptions from the English language requirements are available for those over 55 years who and have lived in the United States as a Legal Permanent Resident for 15 years, or are over 50 years old and have lived in the United States as a Legal Permanent Resident for 20 years."

How can you live in a country for 15 or 20 yrs and not learn the language is beyond me.

Vaevictis
3/23/2006, 05:20 PM
Script for talking to spanish speakers:

1. Si, yo hablo espanyol.
2. No comprendo. Perro (roll the R a lot), chinga tu madre.
3. Ay! No comprendo! Perro... tu madre es una puta fea.
4. While they're still on the line, go to step 2.