PDA

View Full Version : Slip of tounge cost radio host job

royalfan5
3/23/2006, 12:15 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/23/djfired.rice.ap/index.html

Generally a bad idea to use a racial slur when referrering to a cabinet member even if accidental.

mrowl
3/23/2006, 12:17 PM
I heard this guy on Howard Stern, he seemed very sorry, and that it was an accident.

colleyvillesooner
3/23/2006, 12:21 PM
I thought for sure it was gonna be the big word.

picasso
3/23/2006, 12:22 PM
whoopi, I mean, whoops!

NormanPride
3/23/2006, 12:26 PM
Sad. I guess I can understand why he was let go, but you'd think under the circumstances a public apology and maybe a public appearance with Rice would be enough to smooth things over.

But I'm not her, and I'm not african-american. So my opinion doesn't really matter.

OU Adonis
3/23/2006, 12:32 PM
He apologized right after he did it. And the word he used was close to the intended word. I think what Nagin said was much, much worse.

NormanPride
3/23/2006, 12:37 PM
He apologized right after he did it. And the word he used was close to the intended word. I think what Nagin said was much, much worse.

Well, not what he said, but the fact that he never apologized and rather tried to backtrack and sleaze his way out of it. That's what offended me.

yermom
3/23/2006, 12:51 PM
did she graduate from LSU or something?

handcrafted
3/23/2006, 01:02 PM
People in general need to GADOCADWI. Sometimes mistakes happen. Quit demanding beheadings when a guy makes an honest mistake. Good grief, people.

This whole "political correctness" thing is just out of hand. Out. Of. Hand.

Nobody thinks anymore, they just fly off the handle. Everything is emotion and feelings.

:mad:

TUSooner
3/23/2006, 01:23 PM
Firing him was a gross overreaction.

C&CDean
3/23/2006, 01:24 PM
Huh? A guy has a Freudian slip and they go all stupid?

This is the kind of **** that makes me hate America.

olevetonahill
3/23/2006, 01:28 PM
Huh? A guy has a Freudian slip and they go all stupid?

This is the kind of **** that makes me hate America.
Kinda like they made all that noise over a damn coyote in central park !:eek:

jdsooner
3/23/2006, 01:36 PM
"It was my dream job," he said. "Ratings were going well. It kind of stinks."

It's not far from the penthouse to the outhouse.

slickdawg
3/23/2006, 01:51 PM
I thought for sure it was gonna be the big word.

or the bigger word?

America is so friggin PC nowadays, there is no way Mel Brooks
could make Blazing Saddles today.

yermom
3/23/2006, 01:55 PM
or the bigger word?

America is so friggin PC nowadays, there is no way Mel Brooks
could make Blazing Saddles today.

maybe Dave Chappelle could :D

slickdawg
3/23/2006, 01:57 PM
maybe Dave Chappelle could :D

He's the only one that would stand a chance.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/23/2006, 03:09 PM
I dunno, Senator Robert(KKK)Byrd, D., WV, used the N-word twice in an interview with Tim Russert, I think, a year or two ago on his Sunday show, and the dims and their media did nothing about it. So, it sometimes depends WHO you are, as far as what you can get away with.

XingTheRubicon
3/23/2006, 03:24 PM
What's sad is white morons get more upset a non-story such as this than AA's do. PC nowadays is one step removed for kindergarten.

handcrafted
3/23/2006, 03:37 PM
It's okay for Kweisi Mfume (whatever the heck his name is nowadays) to use the word "cracker" or for the mayor of New Orleans to talk about "chocolate city", though.

Let's face it. If you're a white male these days, you basically can't say anything at all.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/23/2006, 03:44 PM
It's okay for Kweisi Mfume (whatever the heck his name is nowadays) to use the word "cracker" or for the mayor of New Orleans to talk about "chocolate city", though.

Let's face it. If you're a white male these days, you basically can't say anything at all.Unless you're a prominent dim.

Big Red Ron
3/23/2006, 03:46 PM
Unless you're a prominent dim.or gay.

Big Red Ron
3/23/2006, 03:50 PM
"She loves football. She's African-American, which would kind of be a big coon. A big coon. Oh my God. I am totally, totally, totally, totally, totally sorry for that."Uhm, this seems a little staged and a pretty risky attempt at that for a guy who had only been there two weeks.