PDA

View Full Version : ****ed off moment of the day.

OU Adonis
3/23/2006, 10:28 AM
Maybe I am too nice, but if there is a long line in the turn lane I don’t get in the left lane and race down towards the end then try to cut back in the right lane.

Case in point, around 8am every weekday, the on ramp to Hefner parkway at 122nd street gets stacked up. I mean really stacked up. Probably 30-40 cars waiting to get on the parkway.

I don’t have to get on so it doesn’t affect me usually. I just look and say to myself “Man, I wouldn’t let that guy in front of me since I have been waiting nice like in line like 90% of the people here” but today was a bit different. There is the exit lane and two normal lanes, well one of the normal lanes was stopped because someone was trying to cut in on the exit lane. So the east bound traffic was slowed because of this tard, man that ****ed me off.

That is all.

GDC
3/23/2006, 10:30 AM
That's like people pulling out in front of you on the highway, forcing you to slow way down to avoid hitting them, and then turning after just a minute.:mad:

Harry Beanbag
3/23/2006, 10:31 AM
I hate those ****ers.

colleyvillesooner
3/23/2006, 10:32 AM
Similiar thing used to happen at my old place, but this lane had a curb betweeen the turn lane and the next lane right at the light. The curb was one the "guided" you into the turn. Well, jackhole's who didn't want to wait in the line to turn right would get in the next lane over, get to the light, and turn right anyways from that lane. :mad:

BeetDigger
3/23/2006, 10:49 AM
Maybe I am too nice, but if there is a long line in the turn lane I don’t get in the left lane and race down towards the end then try to cut back in the right lane.

Case in point, around 8am every weekday, the on ramp to Hefner parkway at 122nd street gets stacked up. I mean really stacked up. Probably 30-40 cars waiting to get on the parkway.

I don’t have to get on so it doesn’t affect me usually. I just look and say to myself “Man, I wouldn’t let that guy in front of me since I have been waiting nice like in line like 90% of the people here” but today was a bit different. There is the exit lane and two normal lanes, well one of the normal lanes was stopped because someone was trying to cut in on the exit lane. So the east bound traffic was slowed because of this tard, man that ****ed me off.

That is all.

That's when you should get behind him and lay on the horn.

KABOOKIE
3/23/2006, 10:52 AM
I hate those ****ers.

Hey now. White people do it too. No need to introduce race into this. ;)

jeremy885
3/23/2006, 10:57 AM

That is all.

I lived at the Invitational a couple of years ago and had to deal with that every morning. I never let them in because if I have to wait for 5-10 minutes, so should they.

slickdawg
3/23/2006, 11:00 AM
That's like people pulling out in front of you on the highway, forcing you to slow way down to avoid hitting them, and then turning after just a minute.:mad:

those people drive me insane! :mad:

NormanPride
3/23/2006, 11:15 AM
People do that in Tulsa at the BA-169 interchange. I hate it. Then again, if I'm zooming along, and there's a huge gap left by someone who doesn't care enough to keep close to the person in front of them, I'll take advantage.

But I'll NEVER slow down traffic to be a cheap ***hole.

IB4OU2
3/23/2006, 11:19 AM
those people drive me insane! :mad:

Was he handicapped?........

bigdsooner
3/23/2006, 11:28 AM
People do that in Tulsa at the BA-169 interchange. I hate it. Then again, if I'm zooming along, and there's a huge gap left by someone who doesn't care enough to keep close to the person in front of them, I'll take advantage.

But I'll NEVER slow down traffic to be a cheap ***hole.

yes they do. evry fu**in day :mad:

OUDoc
3/23/2006, 11:38 AM

I see that every day at that intersection. I agree with you, they can wait like everyone else.
I can't wait for the high school to open there. Hell of an idea to re-build John Marshall HS at that intersection. :rolleyes::mad:

OU Adonis
3/23/2006, 11:44 AM
I see that every day at that intersection. I agree with you, they can wait like everyone else.
I can't wait for the high school to open there. Hell of an idea to re-build John Marshall HS at that intersection. :rolleyes::mad:

Whoa, is that what is going up there? I didn't even know that. I saw the construction but I figured it was some business park. They will have to do something with the intersection, because the turn lane is way too short.

OUDoc
3/23/2006, 11:48 AM
Whoa, is that what is going up there? I didn't even know that. I saw the construction but I figured it was some business park. They will have to do something with the intersection, because the turn lane is way too short.
They'll need to do major work to avoid huge traffic jams. I'm sure they'll at least put a light in there, but traffic on both Hefner and 122nd is going to suck.

NormanPride
3/23/2006, 11:50 AM
Wow. I think that's where my mom went. She'll be interested to hear it's going up...

TopDawg
3/23/2006, 01:24 PM
I lived at the Invitational a couple of years ago and had to deal with that every morning. I never let them in because if I have to wait for 5-10 minutes, so should they.

A) You DON'T have to wait. You could do what they're doing.
B) If they drove the way you drive (getting over early), the "waiting time" would be more evenly distributed, but it would also be longer.

I let those people in because sometimes I go to the front of the line and I appreciate it when people let me in. But I also understand that the people in the other lane have the right of way, so I don't force myself in front of some mean old fart who gets bent out of shape over something so insignificant.

;)

Mjcpr
3/23/2006, 01:26 PM
A) You DON'T have to wait. You could do what they're doing.
B) If they drove the way you drive (getting over early), the "waiting time" would be more evenly distributed, but it would also be longer.

I let those people in because sometimes I go to the front of the line and I appreciate it when people let me in. But I also understand that the people in the other lane have the right of way, so I don't force myself in front of some mean old fart who gets bent out of shape over something so insignificant.

;)

I predict you'll take a beating for this post.

:)

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/23/2006, 01:28 PM
This thread is beginning to anger me.

Pricetag
3/23/2006, 01:34 PM
The biggest losers of the whole scenario are the folks who let the people in. It is they who reward the a-holes who try to cut, thus propagating this behavior.

soonerbrat
3/23/2006, 01:37 PM
hey..that's where i get on the highway. i hate it when people do that.

TopDawg
3/23/2006, 10:01 PM
I predict you'll take a beating for this post.

:)

Heh, well judging by the reaction, it's been one of my least popular posts lately.

I picture a lot of these people waving their canes at me while dishing out the negs.

SoonerInKCMO
3/23/2006, 10:17 PM

Not sure if I believe this. I'm no traffic engineer but it just seems that the more orderly, smoother scenario where everyone gets over when they should would result in better traffic flow than when people speed up, slow down and jump in and out of the lane.

Here - modify this Java applet to fit our scenario and let us know what you find:

http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/oldjava/Others/trafficSimulation/applet.html

TIA!

OUHOMER
3/23/2006, 10:20 PM
Similiar thing used to happen at my old place, but this lane had a curb betweeen the turn lane and the next lane right at the light. The curb was one the "guided" you into the turn. Well, jackhole's who didn't want to wait in the line to turn right would get in the next lane over, get to the light, and turn right anyways from that lane. :mad:

i do it when i leave the games at jenkins and hwy 9 headed west. Sorry:O

proud gonzo
3/23/2006, 10:28 PM
My ****ed off moment of the day doesn't have anything to do with traffic--can I still post in this thread? :confused:

TopDawg
3/24/2006, 12:34 AM
Not sure if I believe this. I'm no traffic engineer but it just seems that the more orderly, smoother scenario where everyone gets over when they should would result in better traffic flow than when people speed up, slow down and jump in and out of the lane.

You might have a point. I'm just not convinced that this can actually happen. Eventually, there is a point when the amount of traffic in the two open lanes is too dense for people in the closing lane to get over without slowing down or causing someone else to slow down. It doesn't matter if this is the point where the lane ends or a mile ahead of that point. Eventually that car length is going to have to find its way into a lane that doesn't have a car length to give it and someone's going to have to slow down.