PDA

View Full Version : What is O-Zone and is it worth it?

GDC
3/23/2006, 09:39 AM
I got an email about signing up for it, and getting a free flash drive with a bunch of highlights on it. Something like a hundred bucks for a year?

mrowl
3/23/2006, 09:58 AM
its worth it for me just to watch the weekly press conference live.

sanantoniosooner
3/23/2006, 10:07 AM
MAYA HEE....MAYA HAA.......MAYA HO....MAYA HAHA.........

http://www.jokefrog.com/flash/numa-numa.shtml

Ardmore_Sooner
3/23/2006, 10:49 AM
MAYA HEE....MAYA HAA.......MAYA HO....MAYA HAHA.........

http://www.jokefrog.com/flash/numa-numa.shtml

Congratulations Sir! You have just made my day!:D

sooneron
3/23/2006, 03:10 PM
Not sure if it's worth the money for locals but for me, it is. I agree w/ mrowl.
I was thinking about joining too.

oumartin
3/23/2006, 03:26 PM
nope, its not worth it..

rainiersooner
3/23/2006, 03:29 PM
They have good content - press conferences, game tape for prior two years, etc. I think its worth it.

sooner addict1890
3/23/2006, 04:17 PM
i like it a lot, sometimes i miss games and stuff...it's a good way to keep up on something i miss.

TheGodfather889
3/23/2006, 06:50 PM
It is expensive but I love it.I like watching old highlight tapes and press conferences.I don't recommend it if you won't use it very much.

sooner518
3/23/2006, 08:37 PM
do they show live games very often? i guess i would probabaly be better off getting ESPN Gameplanand/or FullCourt for that kind of thing

MamaMia
3/23/2006, 09:03 PM
We cant count on our local channel, KOMI, to air the coaches shows, the OU press conferences or the womens home basketball games. Cebridge, the cable company in our area, wont schedule those programs either, so our family really enjoys having the O-Zone.

What is a flash drive? :O

Scott D
3/23/2006, 09:41 PM
I'd endorse it if they had a low bandwidth version of things. Surely it isn't too difficult to have a second stream at 256k along with the 512k

Sooner_Bob
3/23/2006, 10:06 PM
Getting to watch the games via Sooner Vision is da bomb yo . . . :D

BASSooner
3/23/2006, 10:48 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/american_idle_numa.html

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/24/2006, 03:02 PM
When you get right down to it is Argon worth it? How about Neon? Unless you are Jack Bauer and you like to breathe ammonia with a little dash of Centox mixed in I'd leave the stuff alone.

I hope this helps...

OUGreg723
3/24/2006, 05:42 PM
If you live in a **** place like say, Virginia, then yes its worth it. If you live in the state of Oklahoma.....well its up to you how you spend the money. There are lots of things like coaches shows, radio interveiws and such. But than again it is Dean and James Hale doing most of the stuff. It is really good for practice reports. There are lots of videos (Recruit highlights, Game highlights, Season highlights, Press conferences, live events (occasionally), coaches shows, and interveiws) but most of the video quality is mediocore. I like it though. It's good for people like me.

OUGreg723
3/24/2006, 05:47 PM
do they show live games very often? i guess i would probabaly be better off getting ESPN Gameplanand/or FullCourt for that kind of thing

Negative. Only if the game isnt being broadcast by anything else but sooner network. which is rare. 1-2 b-ball games a year. Hasnt been a football game since Baylor 2003. I was in Norman for that one so I didnt even get to watch it on O-Zone. They do broadcast the spring game live, every year though. but this year its on ESPN. soo...

Practice highlights are cool stuff though. Same with when we go to bowl games and the camera crews follow them around everywhere. FUNNY STUFF. Especially when Zach Latimer got hypnotized in NO at a resturaunt a few days before the sugar bowl. HILLARIOUS!

Oh what the hey! I LOVE O-ZONE!