PDA

View Full Version : Stanford's Sh*tty tree suspended for OU game!

badger
3/23/2006, 01:11 AM
That tree sucks, thank goodness it won't grace the sidelines that our women on Saturday:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/ncaatourney06/news/story?id=2380731

Jimminy Crimson
3/23/2006, 01:20 AM
Unfortunately, all mascot shots will be of the devil horse pigs. :rolleyes:

I wish they'd ban them, too!

oumartin
3/23/2006, 01:25 AM
actually, the tree has been suspended until after postseason play!

badger
3/23/2006, 01:27 AM
actually, the tree has been suspended until after postseason play!

no, just the OU game. Keep in mind that they'll be out after Courtney flattens their starting 5.

oumartin
3/23/2006, 01:48 AM
Okay, so we're both right. postseason will be over after OU beats Stanford. gotcha :D

william_brasky
3/23/2006, 08:31 AM
Back in February, fifth-year senior Erin Lashnits, who dressed as the Stanford tree prior to Leep, was stripped of her duties after her blood-alcohol level was measured at 0.157 during a men's basketball game at the University of California, Berkeley. For the purposes of driving a vehicle in California, legally drunk is .08.

that's funny

TopDaugIn2000
3/23/2006, 09:33 AM
"On Monday night, Leep was ejected by game officials in Denver for dancing in an un-designated area during the Stanford women's NCAA Tournament game against Florida State. "

They take that crap seriously. On where the mascot CAN and CAN'T dance, stand, sit, everything.

bigdsooner
3/23/2006, 09:56 AM
still cant believe they got a tree as a mascot...a tree :eek:

william_brasky
3/23/2006, 10:05 AM

and it dances around.

they have alot of drugs out there, or so I've been told. :les:

bigdsooner
3/23/2006, 10:23 AM
and it dances around.

they have alot of drugs out there, or so I've been told. :les:

its almost as pathetic as osu and their beastiality fetish

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/23/2006, 10:35 AM
and it dances around.

they have alot of drugs out there, or so I've been told. :les:And, it gets lewd and obscene. I'm amazed that the school lets them "do the tree". It's sorta offensive.

Ardmore_Sooner
3/23/2006, 10:37 AM

http://www.strangesports.com/images/content/3321.jpg

What's not to believe about that? ;)

TopDaugIn2000
3/23/2006, 10:40 AM
I'd shoot myself if I had to wear that suit.

(I'd shoot myself if I had to wear the gay horse suit too)

NormanPride
3/23/2006, 10:44 AM
Friggin trees. I was about to ask TD and TD2K to form an elite hit squad to take out that hideous monstrosity, but the NCAA beat me to it. Mark that down as the first thing they've managed to not **** up.

I had a friend in the Stanford band, and he said the tree was usually some stupid frat guy they had picked up that morning, put in the suit, given lots of liquor, and told to bounce around in circles and try not to pass out. Sounds like a great representation of the school's pride. :rolleyes:

3/23/2006, 10:58 AM
The tree mascot they had at the OU-Stanford basketball game 2 yrs. ago here in Tempe(NCAA regional site) was different than the above. It was more obnoxious, with a big red tongue sticking out, that the operator slung around. It was distasteful, at best.

NormanPride
3/23/2006, 11:01 AM
Was that the Palm tree? That thing looked lewd...

OUstudent4life
3/23/2006, 01:25 PM
The tree changes every year...the new mascot wearer designs it.

From what I've heard, at least.

3/23/2006, 01:33 PM
Yes, come to think of it, I believe it was a palm tree...with a big, bright red tongue.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/23/2006, 09:12 PM
Back in February, fifth-year senior Erin Lashnits, who dressed as the Stanford tree prior to Leep, was stripped of her duties after her blood-alcohol level was measured at 0.157 during a men's basketball game at the University of California, Berkeley. For the purposes of driving a vehicle in California, legally drunk is .08.

Good thing back in the day they weren't testing pep band players at wrestling matches. I remember one particular OU/LosuR match where a particular tuba player was quite drunk and his buddies sat him down and told him not to play. He did yell quite loudly, however, and got the heavy weight wrestler to look his way when he accused said AggieLite wrestler of biting...

Jeopardude
3/24/2006, 12:03 AM
Friggin trees. I was about to ask TD and TD2K to form an elite hit squad to take out that hideous monstrosity, but the NCAA beat me to it. Mark that down as the first thing they've managed to not **** up.

I had a friend in the Stanford band, and he said the tree was usually some stupid frat guy they had picked up that morning, put in the suit, given lots of liquor, and told to bounce around in circles and try not to pass out. Sounds like a great representation of the school's pride. :rolleyes:

I'd rather see a drunk tree and a marching band play anagrams while having the letters TNUC spelled out than the usual corny stuff. At least once in a while, those things crack me up.

And if the cops ever looked in back of the Schooner, they'd ask RufNeks if they knew a certain TE from SC ;)

badger
3/24/2006, 11:43 AM
i tried to find the hideous palm tree from ou's last loss to stahnferd, but to no avail. you can find more tree pics (wow, some are very sh*tty) by googling it.

i wonder what dirt they are going to spew cp3's way... my guess is they are going to go after her free throw shooting (how original. one more free throw chant and they may be more creative than the byu mormons)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/24/2006, 03:13 PM
I'd shoot myself if I had to wear that suit.

(I'd shoot myself if I had to wear the gay horse suit too)

As an act of kindness I'd shoot you too. :D

Did I read this right?

SoonerDood
3/24/2006, 08:57 PM
Thank God. I hate that effin...thing.