3/22/2006, 09:23 PM
http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_079190654.html

Whopper Of a Fight As BK Worker Attacks Customers
Worker Bursts Out Of DriveThru In Argument Over Change
Charged With Burglary And Assault
Daughter Says "I'm Sorry I Asked You To Get Fries"

Ted Scouten
Reporting

(CBS4 News) DAVIE An employee at a Davie Burger King might have needed just a bit more customer service training before the company put him in a drive through window to serve customers. Police say the man burst into a rage, jumped out of the drive through window, and attacked two of his customers in their truck�over change.

Employee Michael Perez had been working at the Burger King for just four days, when he apparently had a whopper of a problem as he was serving the Gillis family at the store�s drive-through window. Perez and Kevin Gillis got into an argument over the coins used for Gillis�s change.

Police surveillance tape shows what happened next. An obviously angry Perez started to climb out the drive through window, and made a bee-line for Gillis, while his kids screamed for fear in the truck.

"I was trying to get away, and he was coming in on top of me," Kevin Gillis told CBS4 Reporter Ted Scouten. His wife, Dana, said she couldn�t believe what happened. "I saw him coming out the window. He was taking his head phones off," she said, "and dying to get out of the window."

Gillis says he was astonished, and felt like he was fighting to save his wife and kids. "He came in the window, attacking me. My girls are right here, trying to get away, screaming their brains out, and I'm trying to back up as hard as I can."

Gillis�s wife said that when she tried to get out of the truck, Paris tried to attack her as well. Gillis managed to get out of the truck and tackle Perez, and held him until police arrived.

Perez was charged with Burglary and Assault, and was ordered held in the Broward County Jail. The store�s manager didn�t want to speak to CBS4, but Burger King spokesperson Laina Kawass said �This is a matter for the local authorities, and we are fully cooperating with police.�

Gillis sports cuts and scrapes he says he sustained in his burger battle, and says it�s had a lasting impact on his family, especially his children.

"As I'm saying prayers, my little girl interrupts me and says 'and please don�t that man come get daddy again', and my other daughter says 'I'm sorry, daddy, for asking you to get me french fries'."

Perez claimed to police that Gillis made a racial comment, something Gillen denies, and says the only thing the two men talked about was fast food, and change, before Perez burst out of the drive through.

sanantoniosooner
3/22/2006, 09:26 PM
My cousin was killed over tatertots.

Oldnslo
3/22/2006, 09:32 PM
I have represented a fast food joint whose drive though employee clocked a customer with the aluminum "order bar" they tuck receipts into. It all started with "make that a cheeseburger, *******." That got the food launched out the window at the car. Hilarity ensued.

BudSooner
3/22/2006, 09:37 PM
I was witness to a hashbrown beating....scattered covered and smothered!

sanantoniosooner
3/22/2006, 09:37 PM
I got the worst burger EVAR at a McD near the house. I ordered a homestyle with no tomato and no onions. I got a burger with nothing but extra tomato and a patty that looked like a bite was already taken out of it.

I took it back and showed it to the manager. The person who made it came out and apologized.

Apparently it was entertaining to the other empoylees when I suggested it was "Back to the drawing board, Slick".

At least they refunded and gave free food.

GottaHavePride
3/22/2006, 10:27 PM
Whoever wrote that article sucks. Was the window-diver's name Perez or Paris? Similarly was the guy in the truck named Gillis or Gillen? The writer used all four names to refer to two people. Not to mention some of the sentences with verbs missing.

KABOOKIE
3/22/2006, 10:31 PM
I can't wait until they ship these jobs overseas.

Okla-homey
3/22/2006, 10:33 PM
I got the worst burger EVAR at a McD near the house. I ordered a homestyle with no tomato and no onions. I got a burger with nothing but extra tomato and a patty that looked like a bite was already taken out of it.

I took it back and showed it to the manager. The person who made it came out and apologized.

Apparently it was entertaining to the other empoylees when I suggested it was "Back to the drawing board, Slick".

At least they refunded and gave free food.

But you don't wanna know what they used instead of special sauce on that replacement burger. At least I know what we did to those send-backs.;)

me? McD veteran (1975-1977.)

sooneron
3/22/2006, 10:38 PM
Moral of the story America: Stop feeding your kids crap.

GottaHavePride
3/22/2006, 10:48 PM
Moral of the story America: Stop feeding your kids crap.

'Cause it might actually BE crap.

sooneron
3/22/2006, 10:50 PM
'Cause it might actually BE crap.
NOt actually, it is

Rhino
3/22/2006, 11:23 PM
Farva: Give me a double bacon cheeseburger.
Dimpus Burger Guy: [into mic] Double bacon cheeseburger. It's for a cop.
Farva: What the hell's that all about? You gonna spit in it now?
Dimpus Burger Guy: No, I just told him that so he makes it good.
[into mic]
Dimpus Burger Guy: Don't spit in that cop's burger.
[to Farva]
Dimpus Burger Guy: Want me to dipa-size your meal for 25 cents?
Farva: Want me to punch-a-size your face, for free?
Dimpus Burger Guy: It's only 25 cents and look how much you get.
Thorny: Look, kid, he doesn't want it.
Farva: I'll just take a litre o' cola.
Dimpus Burger Guy: [into mic] Literacola? Do we sell literacola?
[to Farva]
Dimpus Burger Guy: What's a literacola?
Farva: [slowly starts shouting] Litre is French for...
[grabs burger kid by shirt]
Farva: ...give me my ****ing cola!

olevetonahill
3/23/2006, 12:34 AM
My problem with that story, other than the names and shat as GHP pointed out . Is why did dear old dad try to get away ? why not just clock the idiot with the door as hes coming at you ? end of story ;)

Jimminy Crimson
3/23/2006, 12:36 AM
My problem with that story, other than the names and shat as GHP pointed out . Is why did dear old dad try to get away ? why not just clock the idiot with the door as hes coming at you ? end of story ;)

I'd think if he was leaning through the window, into the truck, if you drove off, the focker would either be hanging from the drive-thru window or the car window.

olevetonahill
3/23/2006, 12:57 AM
I'd think if he was leaning through the window, into the truck, if you drove off, the focker would either be hanging from the drive-thru window or the car window.
Or both :) ;)

proud gonzo
3/23/2006, 12:57 AM
Whoever wrote that article sucks. Was the window-diver's name Perez or Paris? Similarly was the guy in the truck named Gillis or Gillen? The writer used all four names to refer to two people. Not to mention some of the sentences with verbs missing.

no kidding. :eek:

skycat
3/23/2006, 03:11 AM
Well, I was willing to put up with being ****ed at the drive-thru Joe Pesci style, but I'm not so sure about all that.

LoyalFan
3/23/2006, 03:38 AM
No, there weren't four folks involved. The fight was between Gillis "Big Mike" Perez and Paris "Hilton" Gillen...got it?
So simple, really!

LF