PDA

View Full Version : The Continuing Adventures of My Blonde Daughter

Okla-homey
3/22/2006, 08:55 PM
Kid calls from Auburn about 3pm today:

Kid: Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddy, my car won't start.:(

Me: Wadda you expect me to do about it, I'm in Tulsa?:D

Kid: whadda I do?

Me: Call the flippin' roadside assistance number. Your car is still under warranty (VW Jetta)...then call me back when the tow truck bubba gets there and he can tell me wassup.

2 hours later...

Kid: Daddy. The tow-truck guy showed up and the car is fine.

me: What was the problem?

Kid: I had it in reverse when I tried to start it.

Me: You have had that car since high school, WTF?

Kid: Daddy, don't give me a hard time. I've had a rough day...and please don't post this online.

heh.

slickdawg
3/22/2006, 08:57 PM
Gee Dad, it's just a minor detail.......

GottaHavePride
3/22/2006, 09:00 PM
you have to pay atention to detals.

chriscappel
3/22/2006, 09:06 PM
wow! funny stuff :D

BeetDigger
3/22/2006, 09:06 PM
$10 says the next time she calls you it is to tell you that the car has been stolen. And that she may have left the keys in it, because she can't find them.

SicEmBaylor
3/22/2006, 09:27 PM
See your daughter isn't always wrong though. I take her side on the towel issue.

Sooner_Bob
3/22/2006, 09:41 PM
something similar happened with my parents one time. they had a truck that was equipped with dual tanks and the switch was stuck half way between either tank which caused the truck not to start.

apparently mom hit the switch with her leg or something. once it got flipped back to one side things were fine.

Vaevictis
3/22/2006, 09:45 PM
Obviously, you do not mock her nearly enough. I daren't call my father with stuff like that, for fear of the mocking.

... of course, I know how to call roadside assistance...

VeeJay
3/22/2006, 09:58 PM
Stanley would like to see pics, please.

Okla-homey
3/22/2006, 10:02 PM

http://www.auburn.edu/student_info/greeks/delta_zeta/scrapbook.html

SicEmBaylor
3/22/2006, 10:03 PM

That's some good southern stock.

SoonerInKCMO
3/22/2006, 10:04 PM
What's the story with all the turtle-heads?

oumartin
3/22/2006, 10:06 PM
obvioulsy she got her brains from you! ;)

slickdawg
3/22/2006, 10:08 PM
That's some good southern stock.

That's ONE thing Mississippi does right! :texan:

BeetDigger
3/22/2006, 10:10 PM
That's ONE thing Mississippi does right! :texan:

Mississippi? Auburn is in Alabama.

Okla-homey
3/22/2006, 10:12 PM

I've wondered about that too. Kid says they were girls who rushed but didn't get bids. whatever. Personally, I bet they were in and did something to "disgrace the sorority" or sumthin' -- you know, like going to a football game wearing something they had worn to a previous game.;)

Anyway, here's the funny part. These gals operate a charity skeet shoot every year and nary a one of them has shot a skeet.

http://www.auburn.edu/student_info/greeks/delta_zeta/philanthropy.html

SicEmBaylor
3/22/2006, 10:16 PM
I've wondered about that too. Kid says they were girls who rushed but didn't get bids. whatever. Personally, I bet they were in and did something to "disgrace the sorority" or sumthin' -- you know, like going to a football game wearing something they had worn to a previous game.;)

Anyway, here's the funny part. These gals operate a charity skeet shoot every year and nary a one of them has shot a skeet.

It's to cover hickeys.
:confused:

slickdawg
3/22/2006, 10:16 PM
Mississippi? Auburn is in Alabama.

I was referrin' to the "good southern stock", we've got 'em too!

P.S. Alabama was in the Mississippi Territory.

Okla-homey
3/22/2006, 10:17 PM
I was referrin' to the "good southern stock", we've got 'em too!

Hotty Toddy!

Declan McManus
3/22/2006, 10:17 PM
Yeah, but at least they haven't shot anyone in the face. So, you know, that's a start...:D

Okla-homey
3/22/2006, 10:22 PM
I still wonder how a bunch of blondes make $25K with a skeet shoot. Its mind-boggling.

bigdsooner
hey homey thats hilarious. are ya gonna tell her you didnt post it. couple months ago my oldest (15) was putting food in the microwave and she looked up at me and with a really pi$$eed off tone said...dad, the microwave is broken. i said how is it broken, she starts being a smarta$$ pushin buttons and whatnot, and looks back at me and says...thats how its broken. then i said...hey sweety, close the door :D

everytime she uses the microwave, i make sure she closes the door

Octavian
gee, Dad...gimme a facebook name or a phone # or its worthless :rolleyes:

;)

Okla-homey
3/22/2006, 10:26 PM
hey homey thats hilarious. are ya gonna tell her you didnt post it. couple months ago my oldest (15) was putting food in the microwave and she looked up at me and with a really pi$$eed off tone said...dad, the microwave is broken. i said how is it broken, she starts being a smarta$$ pushin buttons and whatnot, and looks back at me and says...thats how its broken. then i said...hey sweety, close the door :D

everytime she uses the microwave, i make sure she closes the door

I feel your pain. Once we were driving along and she saw a "title company" and she actually opined, "Hey Daddy, you'd think if someone was smart enough to write a book they could think up their own title." Seriously. She was about 12 but I almost wrecked the pick-up.

Declan McManus
3/22/2006, 10:28 PM
I still wonder how a bunch of blondes make $25K with a skeet shoot. Its mind-boggling.

must....resist...."skeet" joke..........must...resist......evil.....

Octavian
3/22/2006, 10:32 PM
must....resist...."skeet" joke..........must...resist......evil.....

heh. I dunno if Homey knows what that means. Might have to check out the urban dictionary...

Okla-homey
3/22/2006, 10:38 PM
heh. I dunno if Homey knows what that means. Might have to check out the urban dictionary...

I know. I am in college with a bunch of oversexed 23 y/o's afterall.

Octavian
3/22/2006, 10:41 PM
I know. I am in college with a bunch of oversexed 23 y/o's afterall.

I miss college :(

bigdsooner
3/22/2006, 10:43 PM
I feel your pain. Once we were driving along and she saw a "title company" and she actually opined, "Hey Daddy, you'd think if someone was smart enough to write a book they could think up their own title." Seriously. She was about 12 but I almost wrecked the pick-up.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

dude i had tears just now

mine fell asleep one time at my friends house, so i did what any good father would do. i wrote all over her face with a marker:D , it was washable, but it was funny. i nearly pi$$ed myself when she seen it. i made her a cat, and wrote some goofy stuff. good times

proud gonzo
3/22/2006, 10:53 PM

I don't even know what to comment in response to this.

Okla-homey
3/22/2006, 11:01 PM
I don't even know what to comment in response to this.

...all I can say PG is she's a daisy. Certified, manicured/pedicured, girly-girl... but I love the crap out of her. I also feel great pain for the poor sumb1tch who ends up taking her off my hands.

BeetDigger
3/22/2006, 11:07 PM
I also feel great pain for the poor sumb1tch who ends up taking her off my hands.

I was thinking the same thing. Every time you start to tear up while walking her down the aisle, just think about all of the things that guy is going to have to deal with. You should be fine.

pb4ou
3/22/2006, 11:15 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Every time you start to tear up while walking her down the aisle, just think about all of the things that guy is going to have to deal with. You should be fine.

heh

Stanley1
3/23/2006, 12:01 AM

Dude, don't you have a young daughter too? You'd think you'd want to be on my good side. :D

olevetonahill
3/23/2006, 12:18 AM
...all I can say PG is she's a daisy. Certified, manicured/pedicured, girly-girl... but I love the crap out of her. I also feel great pain for the poor sumb1tch who ends up taking her off my hands.
My" Daddies lil girl ", blond, is 27. damn Im glad shes married , i see her every few weeks and it dosnt get any better. 12 , 27 it dont matter shes still BLOND :eek:

leftfield
3/23/2006, 12:22 AM

thats the only thing I miss about Alabama

LoyalFan
3/23/2006, 03:43 AM
Me: You have had that car since high school, WTF?

Kid: Daddy, don't give me a hard time. I've had a rough day...and please don't post this online.

heh.

So, you use "WTF" to your daughter? Whoa!
Nice that you respected her request re posting too.

Just sayin'

LF

VeeJay
3/23/2006, 05:07 AM

That is so special, homey. I'm getting a little misty eyed here.

olevetonahill
3/23/2006, 05:39 AM
Is that what those crazy college kids are calling it now ? Dam how times change ;)

Okla-homey
3/23/2006, 06:39 AM
So, you use "WTF" to your daughter? Whoa!
Nice that you respected her request re posting too.

Just sayin'

LF

actually I prolly said "what the heck" but we don't have an offishul innerweb abbreviation for that (WTH?)

and yes, I posted it. It was too good not to and she knew it too.;)

SeattleOUstudent
3/23/2006, 08:35 AM
http://www.auburn.edu/student_info/greeks/delta_zeta/images/scans/hangingout-1.jpg

Which one is she? :eek:

Mjcpr
3/23/2006, 08:50 AM

Lots and lots of fiber.

SoonerObsession
3/23/2006, 09:01 AM
This girl I dated in college called me one night with a question. She said that she was doing a report and was hung up on a word. The word... "Parcipitate". I said, "Do you mean precipitate?" She said, "yeah like you would precipitate in a sport". After a good laugh I told her the word she is looking for is participate. She said, "yeh what evaaaarr". Bet you can't guess what color her hair was. :)

TheHumanAlphabet
3/23/2006, 09:21 AM
You're daughter is an Aubie? I feel for ya!

Okla-homey
3/23/2006, 09:24 AM
http://www.auburn.edu/student_info/greeks/delta_zeta/images/scans/hangingout-1.jpg

:eek:

afs
3/23/2006, 09:30 AM
the one on the left.

Okla-homey
3/23/2006, 09:53 AM
the one on the left.

OTOH, maybe the one on the right

afs
3/23/2006, 09:55 AM
but by your reaction to the photo, we have narrowed it down to 2. why the delay in the reply? did you have to call the daughter or her mother?

Okla-homey
3/23/2006, 09:59 AM
but by your reaction to the photo, we have narrowed it down to 2. why the delay in the reply? did you have to call the daughter or her mother?

<Sgt Schultz voice> "I know nothing." :D

OU Adonis
3/23/2006, 10:23 AM

Man what a rack on that one in the middle.

(I hope thats not his kid)

GottaHavePride
3/23/2006, 10:36 AM
Heh.

afs
3/23/2006, 10:54 AM
nope she's a blond

OU Adonis
3/23/2006, 10:58 AM
Stanley has been kinda quiet in this thread.

jeremy885
3/23/2006, 10:59 AM

They're to old for him ;)

Stanley1
3/23/2006, 11:00 AM

There are alot of people that wouldn't like the things I might say.

As such, I feel it best to remain silent. :D

Beef
3/23/2006, 11:01 AM
There are alot of people that wouldn't like me talking about cheeseburgers in this thread.

As such, I feel it best to remain silent. :D
Dead man walking.

NormanPride
3/23/2006, 11:10 AM
I read the title of this thread, and thought "Oh, Lord." But you guys have been extremely good. Apart from the subtle "skeet" joke by you-know-who, this has been pretty tame.

I'm disappointed.

Okla-homey
3/23/2006, 11:15 AM
I read the title of this thread, and thought "Oh, Lord." But you guys have been extremely good. Apart from the subtle "skeet" joke by you-know-who, this has been pretty tame.

I'm disappointed.

I think its because folks understand that the father-daughter thingy is kinda sacred and stuff. They also know if this thread had gotten outta control, there would be no future installments.;)

Beef
3/23/2006, 11:18 AM
I think its because folks understand that the father-daughter thingy is kinda sacred and stuff. They also know if this thread had gotten outta control, there would be no future installments.;)
If I ever get drunk enough to post a picture of my roommate, I'm sure the comments would get it locked in 2 minutes.

#1 SOONER FAN
3/23/2006, 11:25 AM
Homey, that's why we had them so they can keep us on our toes. What would we do without them. They are so much fun.

boomersooner28
3/23/2006, 12:29 PM
Kelly Pickler is your daughter? Who woulda thunk? :D

NormanPride
3/23/2006, 12:38 PM

Good point... Carry on. :D

olevetonahill
3/23/2006, 01:14 PM
Yep
and shes a fine looking young lady Grats to you Homey

SoonerInKCMO
3/23/2006, 02:06 PM

Dude, you don't want homey laughing his *** off as he's walking his girl down the aisle. Might scare off the groom.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/23/2006, 02:24 PM
I think its because folks understand that the father-daughter thingy is kinda sacred and stuff.

why you gotta quote oedipus on us?

Skysooner
3/23/2006, 04:45 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/cza0711l.jpg

Dio
3/23/2006, 05:19 PM
Kelly Pickler is your daughter? Who woulda thunk? :D

"I'm a mink! I'm a mink!"

Vaevictis
3/23/2006, 05:24 PM

As if you need people to vocalize the impure thoughts running through their heads. You've been a 20something year old guy before, right? ;p

3/23/2006, 05:24 PM
Your daughter is beautiful. I don't know which one she is, but she is beautiful.

Vaevictis
3/23/2006, 05:41 PM
Your daughter is beautiful. I don't know which one she is, but she is beautiful.

See that Okla-homey? Right there. As polite as that was, you just *know* there was an impure thought there somewhere.