PDA

View Full Version : Paris One of Four Naismith Candidates

Jay C. Upchurch
3/22/2006, 07:35 PM
NORMAN — Courtney Paris was a named one of four finalists for the Naismith Trophy, which is presented by Cingular Wireless to the top collegiate women’s basketball player. The Atlanta Tipoff Club announced that Ivory Latta (North Carolina), Cappie Pondexter (Rutgers) and 2005 Naismith winner Seimone Augustus were also finalists for the award.

“This is one of the most humbling moments of my life,” said Paris. “To be put in the same class as those three players, who have accomplished so much during their careers and for each of their teams. It is a tremendous feeling.

I also think this is a reflection of our team success. If we had not won the Big 12 or reached the Sweet 16, no one would have paid attention. Above everything else, I have to thank my coaches and teammates for putting me in this position.”

The Naismith Trophy is the most prestigious national award presented annually to the men’s and women’s players of the year. The winner will be recognized at the Naismith Awards Banquet on April 7 in Atlanta.

OU SID

OUGreg723
3/22/2006, 08:23 PM
AWESOME!! Thanks! I LOVE COURTNEY!!

bigdsooner
3/22/2006, 08:53 PM
wow, great job courtney

chriscappel
3/22/2006, 09:14 PM
hell ya! she deserves it definately!

GottaHavePride
3/22/2006, 10:41 PM
What was that? No Candace Parker on that list? but she can DUNK!

;)

oumartin
3/22/2006, 10:49 PM
I'm tired of hearing about Courtney Paris

;)

Boomer.....
3/23/2006, 09:29 AM
It's funny how she got snubbed on Big12 player of the year.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/23/2006, 02:47 PM
It's funny how she got snubbed on Big12 player of the year.
I didn't notice Sophia Young's name on that final list.;)