PDA

View Full Version : James Hale interview??

Collier11
3/22/2006, 04:36 PM
Did anyone hear this puff piece, james interviewed damion james and scotty reynolds, our two stud recruits coming in next year and james asked questions like "do you expect to do good things at OU" and "how did it feel to be selected for these all-star games". Give me a break!

NickZeppelin
3/22/2006, 04:38 PM
I would rather not listen to Hale except to hear his practice reports. And even those don't give too much out really.

crawfish
3/22/2006, 04:38 PM
He should've asked the hard questions...like "will you keep your promise to OU now that we know he'll screw the team up and ruin your potential career?"

;)

okienole3
3/22/2006, 06:17 PM
I would rather not listen to Hale except to hear his practice reports. And even those don't give too much out really.

Except that you plagarize them on your "message board."

NickZeppelin
3/22/2006, 06:23 PM
No I don't.

okienole3
3/22/2006, 06:26 PM
James Hale on the Sports Animal

They have to go in shorts and shirts and helmets. We got to see about an hour of it. They did team drills. They looked athletic, looked pretty good.

They had 7 offensive linemen practice because Jesse White is hurt. But they had the tight ends fill in at tackle. The tight ends have to learn how to block anyway and it's an oprotunity for Patton and Wilson to give guys a break. You have to be creative in spring.

Another thing they are doing is allowing Matt Clapp to spell Adrian Peterson and Allen Patrick when they go to 1 back sets.

In the secondary with Brian Jackson out. Reggie Smith was at the field corner, the boundry corner was DJ Wolfe. Reggie and DJ looked great. Jason Carter and Darien Williams were first team safeties with Kennan Clayton and Nic Harris behind them. BJW are high on those 2 safety prospects.

DeMario Pleasant and Ryan Reynolds are battling at sam linebacker. Ryan got more work with the first unit. Brent may just alternate days with those 2. Curtis Lofton was the first team LB with Lamont Robinson backing him. Rufus Alexander looks great. He's put on weight. Lewis Baker is backing him as a full time LB.

Larry Birdine was back for a full time practice.

Quentin Chaney is wearing number 84.

Lendy Holmes is at corner now. It's too early to tell if he'll be there full time.

Brett Bowers is now a backup corner also.

Joey Halzle throws a good ball. Heupel is working on fundamentals but Halzle looks good.

Bomar is now 216 lbs. He was asked about his off season. Just said he made a mistake. He has to be more responsible.

In the fall the depth at corner won't be a problem. Because we get Walker and Jackson coming in and the 3 highly touted freshmen corners. Reggie may end up moving back to safety. If Harris and Clayton don't get what BJW wants out of them Reggie could always move back.

When you see scrimmages Matt Clapp and Patrick will get a few carries but you can't see the tailbacks get hit much. They just don't have the depth there. But they will be solved in the fall. You get 3 running backs from recruiting and Jacob Gutierrez will be back sometime in the fall.

In the fall you get Jon Cooper and JD Quinn back. And 5 freshman and maybe Jessie White gets healty and you suddenly have depth at OLine. Moore looks pretty good. He has a chance to be a starter at right guard. Barresi looks completely different. Looks like he's put on 20 pounds of good weight.

http://com3.runboard.com/bnickzeppsboard.fsoonerfootball.t66

NickZeppelin
3/22/2006, 06:29 PM
He wasn't making anyone pay to hear him? That would make it plagiarism. He said all of that for free on a radio. The only way it would be plagerism is if I didn't credit him or if I copied stuff from his pay board. I put his name on the first row and said where it was and copied it word for word pretty much.

okienole3
3/22/2006, 06:32 PM
ok you steal them

NickZeppelin
3/22/2006, 06:34 PM
Okay if you can steal something on the radio fine I stole it. I didn't know you could steal something and credit that person with saying it and still steal from them. How the hell can you steal something from the radio anyway?

okienole3
3/22/2006, 06:36 PM
It's probably not allowed to post it or it'll be deleted eventually but I'll just post the number changes and the links since the number changes should be known by all anyway.

INSIDE THE NUMBERS

Several Sooners have changed numbers or new numbers have been assigned after day one. The following is a list of changes we noticed in practice today.

Joey Halzle – 11
Sherrone Moore – 77
Joe Jon Finley – 19
Reggie Smith – 3
Keenan Clayton – 3
Brian Jackson (on crutches) – 2
Quentin Chaney – 84
Malcolm Kelly – 4
Brett Bowers – 26

NickZeppelin
3/22/2006, 06:41 PM
That's probably a better point but I only copied it from someone from this Board and I didn't copy the entire thing. Just the numbers.

OUGreg723
3/22/2006, 06:50 PM
Well anyway...How'd you guys like Scottie? Did he sound good? I couldnt hear it up hear in VA. Scottie says Hale is a good guy. Players seem to like him alot...I wonder why...

okienole3
3/22/2006, 07:12 PM
Well anyway...How'd you guys like Scottie? Did he sound good? I couldnt hear it up hear in VA. Scottie says Hale is a good guy. Players seem to like him alot...I wonder why...

Because he blows sunshine.

OUGreg723
3/22/2006, 07:17 PM
I know. I WAS BEING SARCASTIC PUNK!;)

Just kidding.

He is the biggest blower of them all.

Collier11
3/22/2006, 08:50 PM
Scottie and Damion did sound like good guys, like they already have high expectations and a good chemistry, thats the ONE thing I took from the interview

OUstud
3/22/2006, 09:33 PM
If we turn Carter loose and Scottie and Damion are the real deal, watch out. That's a big if, though.