PDA

View Full Version : How to spot a baby conservative

jeremy885
3/22/2006, 01:31 PM
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1142722231554&call_pageid=970599119419

I thought it would be the other way around, were the crybabies would be liberals wanting the protection of government to watch out for them.

sooneron
3/22/2006, 01:38 PM
IBT!!!

TUSooner
3/22/2006, 01:41 PM
"Block admits in his paper that liberal Berkeley is not representative of the whole country."

no kidding...

crawfish
3/22/2006, 01:41 PM
I'm sure you can generalize about the entire country from a study done completely at Berkeley... :rolleyes:

jeremy885
3/22/2006, 01:43 PM
I'm sure you can generalize about the entire country from a study done completely at Berkeley... :rolleyes:

I'm sure that if he done the study in OK, his results would have been just the opposite.

OklahomaTuba
3/22/2006, 02:23 PM
"Block admits in his paper that liberal Berkeley is not representative of the whole country."

I hope no is paying for this information, or to educate this fool.

soonerscuba
3/22/2006, 02:27 PM
Hey, we pay for abstinence-only education, why stop with funding retarded stuff there?

BeetDigger
3/22/2006, 02:34 PM
I wonder if the study included an analysis of income?

SicEmBaylor
3/22/2006, 03:54 PM
If this study were true (I doubt it is) and indicative of conservatives and liberals nationwide then I have a theory.

I'm a firm believer that there are greater societal rules of behavior and acceptability by which individuals are expected to conform or risk being ostracized or publically shamed. The self-sufficent and confident child may rarely "bump" against this ceiling of societal behavior and would thus be totally unfamilar and unappreciative of this extremly valuable societal institution.

However, a more whiney less sufficent child may find himself constantly bumping against this ceiling of appropriate behavior and thus becomes much more familiar and appreciative of its existence older in life.

Thus while the more self-sufficent child may be less whiney he goes through life believing that he and only he is the standard by which his conduct should be judged. While the conservative child recognizes the need to judge his or her behavior on societal norms and decency.

Or, I'm full of ****.

soonerscuba
3/22/2006, 04:01 PM
Although not scientific, I believe smart people learn about a system of government as they perceive it, then make their minds based on that. Stupid people just believe whatever their parents did, without ever taking the time to learn things for themselves. This isn't to say that all people who think like their parents did are stupid, I just hope they came to that on their own.