PDA

View Full Version : Rio Eats Socks

Oldnslo
3/22/2006, 11:47 AM
Weird, huh? My dog, Rio, loves to eat socks. Apparently, the better flavors are the Princess' and the Beautiful Boy's socks, 'cause she eats them whenever at all possible.

I mean, she'll force open the door to the laundry room to get them. If someone leaves the doggie gate to the bedrooms open, she sneaks in and will quietly retreat to her den to dine.

All this is important because my wonderful puppy is now undergoing exploratory surgery for what we think is intestinal blockage. Socks, of course, do not show up on an X-ray. Rio hasn't eaten in a couple of days, but she sure has thrown up a bunch. Nasty, acrid stuff, too.

Please keep a happy thought for Rio. And keep Dean and his tractor the hell away from my dog.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/22/2006, 11:52 AM
It's 'cause they smell like deelishus Fritos.

NormanPride
3/22/2006, 11:55 AM
They DO? Wow! Are they tasty?!

C&CDean
3/22/2006, 11:55 AM
A tractor pull is a lot cheaper than "exploratory surgery" I'm willing to bet.

Oldnslo
3/22/2006, 11:56 AM
A tractor pull is a lot cheaper than "exploratory surgery" I'm willing to bet.
Might be, but we hope for a different result.

1stTimeCaller
3/22/2006, 12:05 PM
My dog does that from time to time. I've been good about putting my socks in the hamper because I got tired of coming home to find a dark green sock that used to be white. I guess my dog throws them up. The first time I saw that I wasn't sure if it came out of her mouth or bunghole.

C&CDean
3/22/2006, 12:07 PM
Y'all must have some seriously nasty feet.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/22/2006, 12:10 PM
Mmmm, salty...

1stTimeCaller
3/22/2006, 12:11 PM
Dean, when folks work for a living like Oldnslo and I do sometimes our feet sweat.

Unlike guys like you that wear dark socks, designer sunglasses and :dean: <----- pink hats to work.

:D

Oldnslo
3/22/2006, 12:12 PM
My dog does that from time to time. I've been good about putting my socks in the hamper because I got tired of coming home to find a dark green sock that used to be white. I guess my dog throws them up. The first time I saw that I wasn't sure if it came out of her mouth or bunghole.
When Rio pewps out a sock, it creates a doggie-rope-poo. Normally, her droppings are only a few inches long, as one would expect of a 50 lb. dog. A sock pewp, however, can be over 1 foot long.

I mean over 12 inches. Of course, a sock is over a foot. You know what I mean.

1stTimeCaller
3/22/2006, 12:13 PM
When Rio pewps out a sock, it creates a doggie-rope-poo. Normally, her droppings are only a few inches long, as one would expect of a 50 lb. dog. A sock pewp, however, can be over 1 foot long.

I mean over 12 inches. Of course, a sock is over a foot. You know what I mean.

Nala throws them up. They are in a pretty tight, slimy dark green ball when she's done wif em.

NormanPride
3/22/2006, 12:17 PM
Mmmm lunchtime conversations.

C&CDean
3/22/2006, 12:20 PM
WTF is wrong with you people? Why do you people allow your animals to eat your clothing? Ropey dog ****? This thread is turning bizarre in a damned hurry.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/22/2006, 12:21 PM
Chili Cheese Fritos?

achiro
3/22/2006, 12:24 PM
I'm afraid our new pup may be one of those we need to really watch or we will be paying for that surgury. I've caught him a couple of times carrying a sock in his mouth, went to take it out and found he had the pair and the second one was almost down his throat(always the babies socks). He likes them out of the clean clothes, dirty, or whatever.:O

IB4OU2
3/22/2006, 12:29 PM
Chili Cheese Fritos?

with melted blue cheese on top?

Dio
3/22/2006, 01:36 PM
At first, I thought the thread title said "Dio eats socks"

Carry on.

sooneron
3/22/2006, 01:44 PM
Dean, when folks work for a living like Oldnslo and I do sometimes our feet sweat.

Unlike guys like you that wear dark socks, designer sunglasses and :dean: <----- pink hats to work.

:D
Don't forget the flip flops, he loves to wear flip flops!:texan:

3/22/2006, 01:45 PM
You silly man-looking-for-rainbow-at-10:00 p.m.

sooneron
3/22/2006, 03:06 PM
Truth be told, my dog just shat out a black stocking of my wife's~!||

He can be quite the stinker as you can see---

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2315/snowface2ou.jpg

Oldnslo
3/22/2006, 03:08 PM
Truth be told, my dog just shat out a black stocking of my wife's~!||

It seems you and your dog have a great deal in common.

Fresh off the phone with the vet: still giving Rio I.V. fluids; surgery hasn't happened yet.

Oldnslo
3/22/2006, 03:21 PM
Me-n-Rio:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/oldnslo/Rio017.jpg

More recently, The Sock-Eater:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/oldnslo/rio0502.jpg

skycat
3/22/2006, 03:27 PM
For your next photo-shoot, I would suggest a shirt offering higher contrast to the sock eater. On my monitor, it appears you are fondling your chest. YMMV

;)

Mjcpr
3/22/2006, 03:37 PM
So are you and Genesis ever getting back together?

Viking Kitten
3/22/2006, 03:39 PM
Oldnslo, does your dog dance on the sand, perchance?

ultimatesooner1
3/22/2006, 03:39 PM
gf used to have a lhapsa opsa. I took it for a walk one day and it shat out a terd wrapped in wal mart bag

Jimminy Crimson
3/22/2006, 03:40 PM
My sister wants to get a designer mutt like you and ron have.

Oldnslo
3/22/2006, 04:11 PM
So are you and Genesis ever getting back together?
Crewel.

Oldnslo
3/22/2006, 05:44 PM
Just talked to the Vet.

Green. It was a green sock. Sounds like it might be mine, but I don't know how Rio got it. Crafty little bitch, she is.

Fortunately, no intestine had to be removed. The Pretty Puppy is doing just fine, but they're going to keep her overnight.

:)

Viking Kitten
3/22/2006, 05:49 PM
Mayhap we'll do a better job of keeping the socks in the hamper instead of on the floor from now on?

Sheesh. You'd think Rio lived at our house.

slickdawg
3/22/2006, 05:51 PM
Mmmm, salty...

k1nky!

mdklatt
3/22/2006, 05:53 PM
Oldnslo is George Dzundza??

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/22/2006, 05:54 PM
Moving on the floor now babe you’re a bird of paradise
Cherry ice cream smile I suppose it’s very nice
With a step to your left and a flick to the right
You catch the mirror way out west
You know you’re something special and you look like you’re the best.

Her name is rio and she dances on the sand
Just like that river twisting through a dustly land
And when she shines she really shows you all she can
Oh rio rio dancer across the rio grande

I’ve seen you on the beach and I’ve seen you on tv
Two of a billion stars, it means so much to me -
Like a birthday or a pretty view
But then I’m sure that you know it’s just for you.

(chorus)

-

Hey now (wow), look at that.
Did he nearly run you down?
At the end of the drive, the lawmen arrive,
You make me feel alive, alive, alive
I’ll take my chance, ’cause luck is on my side
I tell you something, I know what you’re thinking
I tell you something, I know what you’re thinking

(chorus)

Her name is rio and she don’t need to understand
And I might find her it I’m looking like I can
Oh rio rio hear them shout across the land
From mountains in the north down to the rio grande

slickdawg
3/22/2006, 05:55 PM
Just talked to the Vet.

Green. It was a green sock. Sounds like it might be mine, but I don't know how Rio got it. Crafty little bitch, she is.

Fortunately, no intestine had to be removed. The Pretty Puppy is doing just fine, but they're going to keep her overnight.

:)

I'm glad your baby will be OK.

There's few things more miserable than the loss of a pet. My avatar
is Scooter, our Jack Russell Terrier that we lost last spring due to
pancreatitis at the age of 10. She was the smartest dog I've ever
been around, and our house still misses her greatly.

Oldnslo
3/22/2006, 06:10 PM
Oldnslo is George Dzundza??

:mad:

Dzunda:
http://www.popentertainment.com/hackdzundza.jpg

Dude's got maybe 460 pounds on me!

mdklatt
3/22/2006, 06:17 PM
:mad:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/oldnslo/Rio017.jpg

http://www.nndb.com/people/451/000064259/george_dzundza.jpg

Seperated at birth, I tell ya.

EDIT: F'in Tripod.

slickdawg
3/22/2006, 06:19 PM
phreaky

Czar Soonerov
3/22/2006, 06:21 PM
I've heard of pillow biters, but not sock eaters...:eek:

http://x10.putfile.com/3/8017205639.jpg

Mjcpr
3/22/2006, 06:23 PM
EDIT: F'in Tripod.

That's the most impressive thing about Oldnslo.

mdklatt
3/22/2006, 06:25 PM
That's the most impressive thing about Oldnslo.

That certainly explains the KY he's holding.

BajaOklahoma
3/22/2006, 08:08 PM
Weird, huh? My dog, Rio, loves to eat socks.
All this is important because my wonderful puppy is now undergoing exploratory surgery for what we think is intestinal blockage. Socks, of course, do not show up on an X-ray. Rio hasn't eaten in a couple of days, but she sure has thrown up a bunch. Nasty, acrid stuff, too.

I am NOT going to introduce Rio to my Ben - he has been under the knife twice for this! He was within hours of dying the first time - part of the washcloth remained in his stomach and part of it advanced down the intestines. Unfortunately the teo pieces were connected by a couple of threads that cut through the intestines over time. The threads almost cut through and let the contents into the abdomen - he would have died at this point.
Even though we tried to keep things put away, he ate a white sock nine months later. The vet said that once they start eating stuff like that, they never stop. But the inflammation and surgical scars make it harder for the next "goodie" to pass.
And you are so correct around the smell of the stomach contents - I thought he was dying because it smelled so foul. But nooooooooooooooo, it was normal.

BudSooner
3/22/2006, 08:46 PM
I thought this was some sort of Directv thing.....but mistook socks for sucks.

6yrs off and on this board.....I still got nuthin......dammit!

Okla-homey
3/22/2006, 09:07 PM
Been there with one of our dogs about 15 years ago...'cept it was wifey's pantyhose. She made it through the procedure, but that dog loved seafood til the day she died.

BajaOklahoma
3/22/2006, 10:32 PM
One of the worst things about the surgery is trying to get the 4-foots to wear the stupid Elizabethan collar. It is heavy, ackward and amplifies the sounds too much for most dogs.
Ask about the cervical collar look-a-like, the Bite Me Not (or something close). It doesn't let the dog bend its neck and therefore can't get to the surgical site. I know people that swear by it, though I am not sure where they got it.

sooneron
3/22/2006, 10:49 PM
My sister wants to get a designer mutt like you and ron have.
Define designer mutt please.
Any dog that is bred to come out a desired way is designer pooch. ANY dog, pedigree or not.

Mine is in deep shiite tonight as he took half a frigging steak off the kitchen counter while I was eating. He is steering VERY clear of me- didn't lay a hand on him tho.

sooneron
3/22/2006, 10:53 PM
BTW, Dzundza, you don't LOOK jewish. :D

Oldnslo
3/27/2006, 10:03 AM
Carp. Rio didn't eat last night or this morning. Really lethargic, too.

The poor dear spends all her time trying to poop, but with little success. I took her back to the vet this morning for blood tests.