PDA

View Full Version : Drivers her ein Korea are wacked!

TheHumanAlphabet
3/22/2006, 11:08 AM
Been driving 2 days and have SEEN 2 accidents! I only drive about 6 km from the hotel to the shipyard office...

While the drivers here are better than in South America and Africa, Koreans take driving to new levels...

They don't have stop signs at intersection, and they sure don't look at you, or they would have to do something like stop. This way they can continue to barrel ahead and play chicken with you.

One wreck, traffic was backed up at a light. A taxi dude apparently didn't want to wait for the light, so he whips a U-e in the middle of the road. Apparently the poor motorcycle rider thinking he had a clear shot to avoid traffic by driving down the center line didn't have ESP and couldn't read the taxi driver's mind. WHAM! He laid that sucker under the car after giving the driver's side pretty good...

The other wreck, some dude turns wide, whacks a car down the side and drives off.

These people pull U-e's all over the place and play chicken with you betting you will flinch...Great times. Makes Houston at rush hour seem civilized...:texan:

jeremy885
3/22/2006, 11:10 AM
reminds me of the Drawn Together episode were Ling Ling gets a driver's license.

TUSooner
3/22/2006, 11:11 AM
I thought for a second that this thread was going to be in German.
I got nuthin....

Hatfield
3/22/2006, 11:14 AM
#1 quit saying things like 6 km if you expect us to understand what the hell you are talking about.

#2 my brother was stationed in pusan and he agrees that the korean driving skills leave a lot to be desired...pretty much all gas no brake

IB4OU2
3/22/2006, 11:14 AM
Been driving 2 days and have SEEN 2 accidents! I only drive about 6 km from the hotel to the shipyard office...

While the drivers here are better than in South America and Africa, Koreans take driving to new levels...

They don't have stop signs at intersection, and they sure don't look at you, or they would have to do something like stop. This way they can continue to barrel ahead and play chicken with you.

One wreck, traffic was backed up at a light. A taxi dude apparently didn't want to wait for the light, so he whips a U-e in the middle of the road. Apparently the poor motorcycle rider thinking he had a clear shot to avoid traffic by driving down the center line didn't have ESP and couldn't read the taxi driver's mind. WHAM! He laid that sucker under the car after giving the driver's side pretty good...

The other wreck, some dude turns wide, whacks a car down the side and drives off.

These people pull U-e's all over the place and play chicken with you betting you will flinch...Great times. Makes Houston at rush hour seem civilized...:texan:
Stoolwater was kinda like that before :eddie: went to Rehab............

C&CDean
3/22/2006, 11:16 AM
#1 quit saying things like 6 km if you expect us to understand what the hell you are talking about.

#2 my brother was stationed in pusan and he agrees that the korean driving skills leave a lot to be desired...pretty much all gas no brake

Yeah, he pretty much lost me at the 6km phase.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/22/2006, 11:17 AM
Oh, but according to my mother-in-law, the traffic in Yukon is worse! ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
3/22/2006, 11:17 AM
Okay, I think 6 km is like 2 miles or less.

C&CDean
3/22/2006, 11:20 AM
"ein" "Yukon" "km" Dude, you're already talking Korean.

slickdawg
3/22/2006, 11:26 AM
Any of 'em have handicapped tags? :D

TheHumanAlphabet
3/22/2006, 11:30 AM
I'm guess you're refering to today's revelation that Kim Jong "mentally" Il has handicapped N.K.'s killed in order to keep race pure...

First time in 2 weeks I'm having fun, even though it is 1:30 am, Thursday...

Got to see a DVD tonight for the first time. Been working hard to complete those projects to bring more oil home to you guys...

afs
3/22/2006, 11:32 AM
6km * .6 = 3.6 miles roughly

TheHumanAlphabet
3/22/2006, 11:34 AM
well I was close, but hey, I'm an engineer. I was close enough...:D

slickdawg
3/22/2006, 11:44 AM
I'm guess you're refering to today's revelation that Kim Jong "mentally" Il has handicapped N.K.'s killed in order to keep race pure...

Got to see a DVD tonight for the first time. Been working hard to complete those projects to bring more oil home to you guys...

Actually, I was refering to this

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65044

NormanPride
3/22/2006, 11:46 AM
well I was close, but hey, I'm an engineer. I was close enough...:D

You know, that's always scared me. "Close enough" from an engineer is never a good thing to hear. "Close enough" is something I can accept from a meteorologist.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/22/2006, 11:08 PM
You know, that's always scared me. "Close enough" from an engineer is never a good thing to hear. "Close enough" is something I can accept from a meteorologist.

I'm joking! Actually we joke about it as at times people can get rather "digital" as my admin calls it.

olevetonahill
3/23/2006, 01:20 AM

GEEETTTTEEERRRDONE:D
and it is close enough for gubmint work :cool:
2 wrecks in 2 days ? you never drove in Memphis or Atlanta huh ?;)

TheHumanAlphabet
3/23/2006, 09:08 AM
I'm FROM Atlanta...I just never saw the wecks there! ;)

The motorcycle accident was cool. The motorcycle guy bounced up real quick and was looking around. I will NEVER play chicken with a Korean. Those doods are bastages when it comes to that...Also, don't sign a contract with these doods, they'll screw you blind...