PDA

View Full Version : Dear Frat Boys;

OUAndy1807
3/21/2006, 09:04 PM
I know that life has been hard since OU went to a dry campus, but please understand that there are very few things in this life that bring me pleasure, and watching live music at The Deli is one of those things. If you insist on ruining my favorite bar, could you please at least try to keep the *********gery to a minimum?

thanks,
Andy

OUAndy1807
3/21/2006, 09:05 PM
seriously, though, at first I thought my friends were being hyper-sensitivewhen they were bitching about how the dry campus was killing the atmosphere at local bars, but I'm starting to agree.

mrowl
3/21/2006, 09:09 PM
isn't that what a bar is for? is to drink?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/21/2006, 09:09 PM
old fart. ;)

OUAndy1807
3/21/2006, 09:20 PM
isn't that what a bar is for? is to drink?

I didn't say don't drink. I said don't act like a ******.

Example:
Having excessive bed head hairstyle.
Wearing a sportscoat for a jacket
Wearing a skullcap indoors
Buying a pack of cigs from the bar, then have trouble lighting them and smoke them in an uncomfortable manner that makes it clear to everyone else in the bar that the only time that you smoke is when you're at the bar.
Woooing and turning to pay attention when a cover song starts after the musician has played about 5 excellent original songs that you talked through.
Yelling "hey, beer me!" to your buddy who is going to the bar.

mrowl
3/21/2006, 09:34 PM

Example:
Buying a pack of cigs from the bar, then have trouble lighting them and smoke them in an uncomfortable manner that makes it clear to everyone else in the bar that the only time that you smoke is when you're at the bar.
Woooing and turning to pay attention when a cover song starts after the musician has played about 5 excellent original songs that you talked through.

I think you just described the whole city of Addison.

TheBobbyTrain
3/21/2006, 09:58 PM
I used to go listen to hosty but now I don't because I can never get a seat and there are way too many people there being jackasses

SicEmBaylor
3/21/2006, 10:05 PM

Example:

I think I'm guilty of every single one of those except the last one.

royalfan5
3/21/2006, 10:37 PM
example No.4 is another illustration of why I enjoy the local smoking ban. It makes that particular act of douchbaggery impossible in the Lincoln area bars.

GottaHavePride
3/21/2006, 11:04 PM
example No.4 is another illustration of why I enjoy the local smoking ban. It makes that particular act of douchbaggery impossible in the Lincoln area bars.

It's also impossible virtually everywhere else in Norman except The Deli. Because for some reason, a place called The Deli doesn't serve food.

the Library has seen no excessive increase in *********gery since the dry campus went into effect. I think it's because the Library doesn't have Bud Light on tap.

royalfan5
3/21/2006, 11:05 PM
It's also impossible virtually everywhere else in Norman except The Deli. Because for some reason, a place called The Deli doesn't serve food.

the Library has seen no excessive increase in *********gery since the dry campus went into effect. I think it's because the Library doesn't have Bud Light on tap.
Bud Light is the offical beer of *********s.

OUAndy1807
3/21/2006, 11:09 PM

word.

which do you guys like better for describing a person who is particularly ******y:
1) turbo******
2) uber******

mdklatt
3/21/2006, 11:11 PM
seriously, though, at first I thought my friends were being hyper-sensitivewhen they were bitching about how the dry campus was killing the atmosphere at local bars, but I'm starting to agree.

How does a dry campus effect the amount of *********gery at bars?

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 11:15 PM
word.

which do you guys like better for describing a person who is particularly ******y:
1) turbo******
2) uber******

Turbo, for sure.

Uber is a word the ******s would use, themselves.

royalfan5
3/21/2006, 11:15 PM
I would assume it would reduce the options *********s in regard to locations in regards to getting their drink on.

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 11:16 PM

Because said *********s have to go somewhere other than their ****** houses to drink. ;)

SicEmBaylor
3/21/2006, 11:16 PM

No no that's Zima.

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 11:18 PM
No no that's...

Thmirnoff Ithhh ;)

royalfan5
3/21/2006, 11:23 PM
No no that's Zima.
that's not a beer. Maybe to someone who is a whorn fan it's beer, but no one with a penis over the age of 16 drinks Zima up here anyway, and really the girls don't drink it either, so it's not as a good an indicator as a Bud Light is up here. Show me someone with a Bud Light though, and I'll show you a crappy person.

GottaHavePride
3/21/2006, 11:32 PM
Turbo, for sure.

Uber is a word the ******s would use, themselves.

Indeed.

SicEmBaylor
3/21/2006, 11:34 PM
Smirnoff Ice is like the official beer/malted beverage of Baylor. I swear EVERYONE drinks it. I drink it because I like the taste, and I freaking HATE beer.

I'm really a hard liquor/mixed drink type guy except for the malted beverages which..come on..you have to admit are pretty tastey.

afs
3/21/2006, 11:37 PM
I'm really a hard liquor/mixed drink type guy except for the malted beverages which..come on..you have to admit are pretty tastey.

umm, no i don't.

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 11:39 PM
Smirnoff Ice is like the official beer/malted beverage of Baylor. I swear EVERYONE drinks it. I drink it because I like the taste, and I freaking HATE beer.

I think that speaks very accurately about the Baylor student population. :D

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 11:40 PM
umm, no i don't.

what he said

SicEmBaylor
3/21/2006, 11:41 PM
I think that speaks very accurately about the Baylor student population. :D

I was at a party once with a pretty good mix of students from colleges around the state. Well there was a stock of Smirnoff Ice and Bacardi Silver and I go and get one and this blonde UT girl comes up to me and says, "What are you doing!? That's for the girls!"

I admit I was pretty shamed.

RacerX
3/21/2006, 11:42 PM
http://www.smartishpace.com/home/images/AWP/01Colt-45_1.jpg

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 11:48 PM
I was at a party once with a pretty good mix of students from colleges around the state. Well there was a stock of Smirnoff Ice and Bacardi Silver and I go and get one and this blonde UT girl comes up to me and says, "What are you doing!? That's for the girls!"

I admit I was pretty shamed.

In Texas, even the girls drink beer. :mack:

SicEmBaylor
3/21/2006, 11:51 PM

I need to stay in the Baylor bubble where it's safe. :D

crimsonrose
3/22/2006, 12:28 AM

heh..thats true! even in my frat! yes, i am in a frat...its co-ed...hehe

william_brasky
3/22/2006, 01:03 AM
so the frat boys are invading the Deli. sheesh. that sucks. Deli's probably making good money as well as the bands. that's a good thing.

GottaHavePride
3/22/2006, 01:04 AM
heh..thats true! even in my frat! yes, i am in a frat...its co-ed...hehe

Dude, that's not co-ed. They thought you looked like a man.

:D

crimsonrose
3/22/2006, 02:36 AM
Dude, that's not co-ed. They thought you looked like a man.

:D

heh...thats cute

if you only knew...

SicEmBaylor
3/22/2006, 03:36 AM
heh...thats cute

if you only knew...

I think a pictoral evidence may be needed to prove him wrong. Unlike a court of law I'm afraid the burden of proof is now on you. :D

yermom
3/22/2006, 07:18 AM

this is so funny i can't get over it

:dolemite:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/22/2006, 09:09 AM
I think that speaks very accurately about the Baylor student population. :DThey can justify it to the teetotalers. "No, it's not alcohol, it's kool aid. I promise."

GDC
3/22/2006, 09:11 AM

Smirnoff Ice works well because it lends itself to stout fortification with a good vodka.

sooneron
3/22/2006, 09:20 AM
Frats have matriculated to the deli all through the years. If it wasn't Stiff Richard, it was The Nixons, Curt Ill or Hosty (insert descrip here)

1stTimeCaller
3/22/2006, 09:36 AM
******rockets.

My biggest beef would be when these ******rockets go to live music venues and talk the whole damned time. STFU and listen to some well written songs. Show a little respect for the folks that paid their money to hear the singer/songwriter and to the artists themselves. Go to Joe's or O'Connell's if you wanna spend your dad's money and be a ******. STFU at the Deli and the Opolis when bands are playing.

NormanPride
3/22/2006, 09:44 AM
You can pretty much add Natty Lite, Miller Lite, and any other Lite beer to the *********gery list. Most mainstream American Pilsners are crap. I've heard Coors is good in Colorado, but I don't buy it.

Drink Boulevard, or Shiner, or Sam Adams, and stop thinking that Bud Select is "quality".

sooneron
3/22/2006, 09:46 AM
You guys need to remember that it's all about the cost in college. As in, how little can I pay to get ****ed up? I do think Bud Light is ******brau, though.

NormanPride
3/22/2006, 09:56 AM
I remember being poor and in college. It was last year. I didn't buy that crap. I'd rather be drunk on good stuff and in the poorhouse than drunk on the bad stuff and saving for retirement.

sooneron
3/22/2006, 09:57 AM
The best beer was the most beer. Although, I drew the line at busch- no natty or black label or meister brau crap

colleyvillesooner
3/22/2006, 10:52 AM
Bud light to me is party beer or camping beer. Believe me, if they sold Boulevard Wheat down here (Dallas), it's all I'd drink. Anyone know how I can get in tough with them to be a salesman down here? I've brought it back a bunch of times, and everyone says "Damn, that's a good beer".

Un. Tapped. Market.

BeetDigger
3/22/2006, 11:46 AM
Smirnoff Ice works well because it lends itself to stout fortification with a good vodka.

I suspect bad vodka works too. Why waste good vodka mixing it? Good vodka deserves to be in a martini glass with the only hint of vermouth being that you have the vermouth bottle within five feet of you.

BeetDigger
3/22/2006, 11:47 AM

I didn't think that the Babtists drank. :texan:

NormanPride
3/22/2006, 11:53 AM
The Boulevard Brewing Company (http://www.blvdbeer.com/index.cfm)

We'll trade you Wheat for ZiegenBock. That stuff is pretty good...

GottaHavePride
3/22/2006, 05:26 PM
What can we trade to Colorado for some Fat Tire action?

Jimminy Crimson
3/22/2006, 05:29 PM
What can we trade to Colorado for some Fat Tire action?

Choc?

CobraKai
3/22/2006, 05:42 PM
They need to make a beer out of gravy. That would be a real man's beer. I know when I was in college I preferred good beer, but was resigned to purchase whatever was cheapest normally. 8 times out of 10 that resulted in my drinking Pearl, Natty Light, or some other rot gut. The day I graduated I upgraded, and now drink almost exclusively from micros, but my choices in college were not "good beer/poor" or "bad beer/money". They were "bad beer/poor" or "no beer/money." My hand was forced!

LilSooner
3/22/2006, 05:50 PM
Boulevard Wheat is by far the best. But its damn expensive.

GottaHavePride
3/22/2006, 05:55 PM
Boulevard expensive? Try Hoegaarden sometime. and yes, I know it sounds like SoonerWill's favorite beer. That, Chimay, and Franziskaner are my favorites right now. I almost never drink them except for Franziskaner, because it's on tap at the Library.

Stoop Dawg
3/22/2006, 06:00 PM
Boulevard expensive? Try Hoegaarden sometime. and yes, I know it sounds like SoonerWill's favorite beer. That, Chimay, and Franziskaner are my favorites right now. I almost never drink them except for Franziskaner, because it's on tap at the Library.

You've got strange taste in beer. Chimay is horrible. Anytime you get above 10% alcohol you've left the category of "beer", IMO.

They do make a pretty glass, though. If'n you're into that kind of thing. ;)

GottaHavePride
3/22/2006, 06:37 PM
Pfff. Chimay Blue is only 8% alcohol. ;)

Hoegaarden is what Boulevard Zon is trying to imitate. Franziskaner is like Boulevard Wheat but a little better. that's not to say I don't also like beers like Guinness, Newcastle Brown, Bass, Harp, Spaten Oktoberfest, etc. etc.

IronSooner
3/22/2006, 06:42 PM
Newcastle is a tasty beverage. It's becoming a trademark I look for in worthwhile bars. You don't have it, I dont come back. (no Shiner or Boulevard here)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/22/2006, 08:42 PM
Newcastle is a tasty beverage. It's becoming a trademark I look for in worthwhile bars. You don't have it, I dont come back. (no Shiner or Boulevard here)I believe it was Stoop Dawg who introduced me to the tastiness that is NewCastle.

Stoop Dawg
3/22/2006, 11:11 PM
Guinness, Newcastle Brown, Bass, Harp, Spaten Oktoberfest, etc. etc.

Now yer talkin'. I always go for a microbrew if available, but those listed above are nice "fall backs".

Stoop Dawg
3/22/2006, 11:12 PM
I believe it was Stoop Dawg who introduced me to the tastiness that is NewCastle.

I feel so dirty.

sooneron
3/22/2006, 11:17 PM
Taking a trendy little micro over bass or guinness is sacrilege.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/22/2006, 11:31 PM
I feel so dirty.That isn't all you taught me.:mack:

NormanPride
3/23/2006, 10:57 AM
Arrogant Bastard Ale doesn't get near the respect it deserves. I'd never had a beer before then that I was afraid was going to hurt me. :D Their Vertical Epic is the nastiest of them all, IMO.

Stoop Dawg
3/23/2006, 11:01 AM
Taking a trendy little micro over bass or guinness is sacrilege.

Yeah, those small batch beers brewed by hand by a local brewmaster are the suck. Gimme a vat of pre-mixed hops and barley bought in bulk and brewed by an hourly-wage worker any day.

;)

NormanPride
3/23/2006, 11:11 AM
Yeah, those small batch beers brewed by hand by a local brewmaster are the suck. Gimme a vat of pre-mixed hops and barley bought in bulk and brewed by an hourly-wage worker any day.

;)

It depends on the "brewmaster". I've had some good microbrews, but I've had even more crap. Lots of beer that works hard on being edgy and new, and forgets to taste good.

sooneron
3/23/2006, 12:20 PM
It depends on the "brewmaster". I've had some good microbrews, but I've had even more crap. Lots of beer that works hard on being edgy and new, and forgets to taste good.
Yup, what he said.

Stoop Dawg
3/23/2006, 01:58 PM

Of course, but that's part of the fun. If you're in the mood for a "I know exactly what I'm going to get" beer, then one of the mainstream ones is fine. Usually, when available, I like to try one of the local flavors.

Plus, they usually have clever names! Who doesn't want to drink a beer with a clever name? ;)

sooneron
3/23/2006, 02:39 PM
Please see D Leary's rant on Pete's Honey Nut crunch or whatever the **** it is this week.

OU Adonis
3/23/2006, 02:54 PM

Wow everyone in Baylor is ghey?

GottaHavePride
3/23/2006, 03:01 PM
Arrogant Bastard Ale doesn't get near the respect it deserves. I'd never had a beer before then that I was afraid was going to hurt me. :D Their Vertical Epic is the nastiest of them all, IMO.

I haven't found that one in a store yet. I kind of want to try their Double Bastard ale, though.

sooneron
3/23/2006, 03:01 PM
I like how people drink that crap believing that vodka is in it.

GottaHavePride
3/23/2006, 03:02 PM
Heh. They don't understand the term "malted beverage".

NormanPride
3/23/2006, 03:14 PM
I haven't found that one in a store yet. I kind of want to try their Double Bastard ale, though.

Haven't had the Double Bastard, what's it supposed to be like (other than stout ;) ). The bottles kick azz, though!

GottaHavePride
3/23/2006, 03:57 PM
I think it's supposed to be 14% alcohol. ;)