View Full Version : Hrbstreit(sp?) Preseason top 5

stoopified
3/21/2006, 06:50 PM
Notre Dame
USC
Austin College
TOSU
Auburn
Personally I think Kirk has been dpoing.He stated that USC should be 11-0 going into the ND game.Does he not realize USC has lost TWO Heisman winners and another stud A-A rb to the NFL along with several other players.Notre Dame? Look at who they beat last year,nobody.He went on to say that ND would have the best offense in the nation,hmm.The capper was TOSU which by his own admission loses 9 of 11 defensive starters.THE AUSTIN COLLEGE COWS lost some skinny guy that was 1-2 in the RRSO but was their main wheel.Well just food for thought.

OUGreg723
3/21/2006, 06:55 PM
Dont let it get to you. It means nothing at all. We all saw what happens when you lose key players, last year. All in good time my friend, all in good time.

TripleOption14
3/21/2006, 07:00 PM
He works out at my weight room on mon. wed. and fri. so i'll ask him for some clarification. :D

NormanPride
3/21/2006, 07:06 PM
He works out at my weight room on mon. wed. and fri. so i'll ask him for some clarification. :D

With your fist?

stoopified
3/21/2006, 07:07 PM
Not saying that we are top 5 but after hearing his top 4,I was like,WOW(and not in a good way).

soonerguild
3/21/2006, 07:13 PM
This crap happens every year. Preseason rankings are based more on what the team did last year than actually how good they are going to be. Heck it happened to us last year, just like ND, austin college, tosu, and usc are gonna get it this year. Things will all work themselves out, as usually, but i guarantee this, neither usc or ND will be undefeated when they play each other

NickZeppelin
3/21/2006, 07:22 PM
There is no reason for a 8-4 team that lost 20 seniors off last years 2 deep to be in the top 5. Ohio State lost 9 defensive guys. They shouldn't be in the top 5 either

BASSooner
3/21/2006, 07:23 PM
There is no reason for a 8-4 team that lost 20 seniors off last years 2 deep to be in the top 5. Ohio State lost 9 defensive guys. They shouldn't be in the top 5 either
ND is losing parts of a line, they have issues as well. the cows lost their one man offense and USC....has NO offense and their defense=pure linebackers.

Octavian
3/21/2006, 07:24 PM
I actually like Herbie's point of view most of the times. I dont think its unreasonable not to put OU into the preseason Top5.

Last year Herbstreit had us in his preseason Top5 and said we'd beat saxet. It's not an OU slam cuz he loves Bob (picked us to win all three title games we've been in IIRC).

After losing 4 games and having question marks on the OLine, I'm sorta glad we're not in his Top5. These boys needs to earn their stripes. IMO they will (and if we beat Oregon, I'd bet money Herbie will be the first one to pick us to beat that one team we play in Dallas in October). We'll see...

NickZeppelin
3/21/2006, 07:32 PM
ND is losing parts of a line, they have issues as well. the cows lost their one man offense and USC....has NO offense and their defense=pure linebackers.

I think Notre Dame returns more then anyone else does in the top 25 or so. West Virginia returns a lot. Florida returns quite a bit too. USC still has Pete Carroll but are probably down a bit but with the bad conference they have they will still make a BCS game unless Oregon beats em. Texas still has the best talent in the conference. Right now they are better then us unless we get drastically better.

Octavian
3/21/2006, 07:43 PM
Texas still has the best talent in the conference. Right now they are better then us unless we get drastically better.

I agreed till here. The talent category btwn us and them is a push. We got em beat at the O skill positions. We gotta em beat at DLine & LBs. They got us at OLine.

A great deal of a title run is team chemistry....and they just their spark. No way they can be said to be "better" than any other top10 program coming into 06 w/out VY.

(Sorry to be a rule breaker but I just had to respond....)

oumartin
3/21/2006, 07:57 PM
didn't he also claim Stoops was gone after this past year?

he's just pretty. No longer very perceptive

OU-HSV
3/21/2006, 08:06 PM
I actually like Herbie's point of view most of the times. I dont think its unreasonable not to put OU into the preseason Top5.

Last year Herbstreit had us in his preseason Top5 and said we'd beat saxet. It's not an OU slam cuz he loves Bob (picked us to win all three title games we've been in IIRC).

After losing 4 games and having question marks on the OLine, I'm sorta glad we're not in his Top5. These boys needs to earn their stripes. IMO they will (and if we beat Oregon, I'd bet money Herbie will be the first one to pick us to beat that one team we play in Dallas in October). We'll see...
Word to all that.
I remember last preseason, right before the season started (I believe), Kirk had made a visit to one of OUr practices and said that AD looked better than ever (bigger, faster & stronger). And he was one of the only guys to give us some great credit and a chance to have a better season than others had predicted.

TripleOption14
3/21/2006, 08:07 PM
I gotta disagree w/ ya Nick. I think OSU is a top 5 team (unfortunately :rolleyes:) They will be in the same situation USC was in this past year. The D won't be as good but the O should be able to score a ton of pts.

OUthunder
3/21/2006, 08:20 PM
UT will NOT finish in the top 5 next year.

No way, no how.

Scott D
3/21/2006, 08:27 PM
[Kirk Herbstreit Last Year Before The Season]Texas A&M WILL win the Big-12[/Kirk Herbstreit Last Year Before The Season]

need I quote more?

Since71ASooner4Life
3/21/2006, 08:38 PM
Kirk's preseason rankings and $0.50 will get you a cup of coffee and not much more. Having us ranked preseason #5 last year was rediculous having just lost 12 NFL draft picks + a Heismann quarterback, but they still did it.

You dont lose 9 players on defense and remain the same team; Ohio State's offense might pile up some big point totals and keep a high ranking early on, but the first big opponent with a tough defense they run into will end their win streak.

Notre Dame? Please - their biggest accomplishment last year was playing USC close. That ranking is nothing more than an over estimation of how quickly a good NFL assistant coach cant turn a program around. Bob Stoops is an anomily

USC lost a ton of talent, but their 3 straight years of #1 recruiting ranking means more stars filling the shoes. The arguement that they stay a dominant team is not as far fetched as others.

The shorthorms will be good as usual - with October getting off to it's familiar bad start and their best hopes being a 10-1 season. :D

snp
3/21/2006, 08:40 PM
[Kirk Herbstreit Last Year Before The Season]Texas A&M WILL win the Big-12[/Kirk Herbstreit Last Year Before The Season]

need I quote more?

You beat me to it.

Who cares what Herby thinks.

NickZeppelin
3/21/2006, 08:56 PM
I agreed till here. The talent category btwn us and them is a push. We got em beat at the O skill positions. We gotta em beat at DLine & LBs. They got us at OLine.

A great deal of a title run is team chemistry....and they just their spark. No way they can be said to be "better" than any other top10 program coming into 06 w/out VY.

We don't have anything proven at DLine and OLine. That's where games are won and lost. Texas has Miller and Okam at DT who played last year and return their DEs. They do lose their stud DT but we lose ours too. LBs I probably agree we are better. But Texas has more speed there.

TheGodfather889
3/21/2006, 09:02 PM
Notre Dame
USC
Austin College
TOSU
Auburn
Personally I think Kirk has been dpoing.He stated that USC should be 11-0 going into the ND game.Does he not realize USC has lost TWO Heisman winners and another stud A-A rb to the NFL along with several other players.Notre Dame? Look at who they beat last year,nobody.He went on to say that ND would have the best offense in the nation,hmm.The capper was TOSU which by his own admission loses 9 of 11 defensive starters.THE AUSTIN COLLEGE COWS lost some skinny guy that was 1-2 in the RRSO but was their main wheel.Well just food for thought.
I think he's right about USC.I think USC will have a strong football team.I don't think they win the National Title for the great players they lost but I bet they win the Pac 10 and they only lose to Notre Dame.The team down in Austin is the one I disagree with.I bet they'll have a pretty strong defense but they lost some of their offensive line plus that one skinny quarterback who will probably be irreplaceable.

Scott D
3/21/2006, 09:05 PM
We don't have anything proven at DLine and OLine. That's where games are won and lost. Texas has Miller and Okam at DT who played last year and return their DEs. They do lose their stud DT but we lose ours too. LBs I probably agree we are better. But Texas has more speed there.

someone bookmark this one to use in the future. I personally love the 'We don't have anything proven at DLine' part of it :rolleyes:

okienole3
3/21/2006, 09:13 PM
Why do you hate vowells?

NickZeppelin
3/21/2006, 09:27 PM
someone bookmark this one to use in the future. I personally love the 'We don't have anything proven at DLine' part of it :rolleyes:

We have some good DEs but DT we have Pendelton and maybe Bennett.

okienole3
3/21/2006, 09:49 PM
We have some good DEs but DT we have Pendelton and maybe Bennett.

I think you just set the record for contradictions by one person.

NickZeppelin
3/21/2006, 09:53 PM
Last I looked 1 guy isn't a whole lost of experienced at DT.

emoinwinter
3/21/2006, 09:57 PM
We don't have anything proven at DLine and OLine.

I always wondered why you guys gave him so much crap, but now I know why...

NickZeppelin
3/21/2006, 10:05 PM
How much experience do we have at OL? Chris Messner is about it. DL we have some 2 very experience DEs and then 1 experienced DT. Not a lot of experience there right now.

oumartin
3/21/2006, 10:07 PM
Nick, isnt' it time for your mom to bathe you?

emoinwinter
3/21/2006, 10:26 PM
How much experience do we have at OL? Chris Messner is about it. DL we have some 2 very experience DEs and then 1 experienced DT. Not a lot of experience there right now.

I'm trying to figure out why experience is absolutely essential for these positions. Granted, experience gives you some things, but I think out of all positions on the field, experience is least important for these positions. Players can step into these positions young, like Jamaal Brown, and do a good job. However, with of the skill positions, like QB, experience would be more important.

BillyBall
3/21/2006, 10:34 PM
Nick, look play some "Dungeons and Dragons" or some "Doom". You are about to reach the point of being ****ing unbearable again.

sooneron
3/21/2006, 10:37 PM
OK, I'll bite...[falling on the proverbial brick wall sword]

Pendleton-
2005 - All-Big 12 Academic first team ... started games four through 10 ... tackles best of two against Kansas State and Texas ... spread his five tackles for loss over five games ... had sacks against Texas and Kansas ... also broke up a pass against the Jayhawks.
2004 - Started eight of the last nine games ... missed the Kansas game with an injury ... season-high four tackles and his lone sack vs. Texas ... All-Big 12 Academic.

Bennett -
2005 - Started the opener and played in all 11 games ... notched his season best of four tackles in the Oklahoma State game ... credited with sacks against Kansas State and Texas A&M.

Coleman - 2005 - Worked in a backup role ... had tackles for loss against TCU and Tulsa.
( We all know what a back up role at OU means for DT, well, maybe not ALL of us) Coleman played quite a bit last year.

None of these guys are all world, but they have the skills to plug the gaps when needed.

Add in Granger and probably McCoy, and I think we're looking pretty solid at DL

BillyBall
3/21/2006, 10:43 PM
OK, I'll bite...[falling on the proverbial brick wall sword]

Pendleton-
2005 - All-Big 12 Academic first team ... started games four through 10 ... tackles best of two against Kansas State and Texas ... spread his five tackles for loss over five games ... had sacks against Texas and Kansas ... also broke up a pass against the Jayhawks.
2004 - Started eight of the last nine games ... missed the Kansas game with an injury ... season-high four tackles and his lone sack vs. Texas ... All-Big 12 Academic.

Bennett -
2005 - Started the opener and played in all 11 games ... notched his season best of four tackles in the Oklahoma State game ... credited with sacks against Kansas State and Texas A&M.

Coleman - 2005 - Worked in a backup role ... had tackles for loss against TCU and Tulsa.
( We all know what a back up role at OU means for DT, well, maybe not ALL of us) Coleman played quite a bit last year.

None of these guys are all world, but they have the skills to plug the gaps when needed.

Add in Granger and probably McCoy, and I think we're looking pretty solid at DL

Not to mention our 5 deep DE rotation...... :)

okienole3
3/21/2006, 10:49 PM
DL we have some 2 very experience DEs and then 1 experienced DT. Not a lot of experience there right now.

So Texas has 1 more experienced guy than we do? Your idiocy knows no bounds.

Collier11
3/21/2006, 10:49 PM
Since when do top 5's published in march really matter, I really dont care what our ranking is til around october fellas

KC//CRIMSON
3/21/2006, 11:05 PM
Nick, look play some "Dungeons and Dragons" or some "Doom". You are about to reach the point of being ****ing unbearable again.

again? it never stopped in the first place.

NickZeppelin
So Texas has 1 more experienced guy than we do? Your idiocy knows no bounds.

And then they have a very experience offensive line and they have more size at DT right now. I don't know how good McCoy and Granger are because they've yet to play. Those 2 could change things.

NickZeppelin
Nick, look play some "Dungeons and Dragons" or some "Doom". You are about to reach the point of being ****ing unbearable again.'

I've never heard of those 2 games.

emoinwinter
3/21/2006, 11:10 PM
Its like arguing with a brick wall, isn't it?

goingoneight
3/21/2006, 11:17 PM

We don't have ***** beat at anything 'D'... Well, maybe RUUUUUUUUUFUS!!!
But still, we're talking Gene Chizik, biggest recruiting base in the country, defending National Champion. Unless we play our @$$es off, I think ***** can still beat us. All it takes is one point from a weak offense, such as they will have next year.

I would really like to see OU win the RRS next season, and lord be with me, I'll be there to take their trash-talk Friday night before, but defense will be OUr key if we wanna beat them. And if ya haven't noticed, Gene Chizik owns OU's D.

Likely to be a very low-scoring game, favor OU, but look out. ***** had their best chance (in the five-year streak) to beat us, but OUr D shut them out. It's scary, but unless OUr guys learn how to tackle and put teams away (that is, not letting weak opponents back into 21 point deficit games), we are in danger of a shut out.

Oregon, UT and aTm (at College Station, the only threat) are the hill to make over for OU 2006 to go all the way. I would be so quick to let OSU out of the picture either, their "football greatness" always seems to be pure, dumb-luck. Playing at Boone House, against a team who'll probably have nothing to lose that time of year again, a team that practices all year long for that one game anyway... I think the stench of an upset is in the air, and we better have OUr heads out of OUr tails before going into that one.

goingoneight
3/21/2006, 11:17 PM
'

I've never heard of those 2 games.

they never said they were games...

okienole3
3/21/2006, 11:32 PM
And then they have a very experience offensive line and they have more size at DT right now. I don't know how good McCoy and Granger are because they've yet to play. Those 2 could change things.

My point was that you said we weren't experienced on the DL, yet Texas is with only one more "experienced" player. We don't have a whole lot of experience on the OL, but I don't think anyone was questioning you there.

Do your parents know how stupid you are?

NickZeppelin
3/22/2006, 12:11 AM
If you want to think I'm stupid. Fine. I really don't give a sh!t what people think of me.

okienole3
3/22/2006, 12:24 AM
If you want to think I'm stupid. Fine. I really don't give a sh!t what people think of me.

You didn't answer my question.

Also, explain how Texas is sooo much more experienced at DL than we are.

NickZeppelin
3/22/2006, 12:28 AM
Frank Okam has been there what 2 year now? And last year was as starter. Miller played a lot also We've had Pendelton who played a lot. And he's probably not as good as either of those 2.

okienole3
3/22/2006, 12:29 AM
and DE?

okienole3
3/22/2006, 12:31 AM
DT
Pendleton has basically started for 2 years.

Bennett has played a lot.

DE
Ah You is a returning starts

Thibs is a returning starter.

Birdine is a stud. (oh yeah, he sucks)

NickZeppelin
3/22/2006, 12:33 AM
DEs pretty even. They return Crowder and Robison and Orakpra who was their 3rd DE. Texas defense is probably all around better then ours next year. The lose 3 starters I think, maybe 4? We lost 4. And had less depth last year.

NickZeppelin
3/22/2006, 12:35 AM
DT
Pendleton has basically started for 2 years.

Bennett has played a lot.

DE
Ah You is a returning starts

Thibs is a returning starter.

Birdine is a stud. (oh yeah, he sucks)

Birdine's had 1 career start. He's a good DE yet to show he's great. Ah You and Thibs were pretty good last year. Thibs had 10 sacks last year. He was one of the few brightspots for a bad defense.

KStatePike
3/22/2006, 12:50 AM
Birdine's had 1 career start. He's a good DE yet to show he's great. Ah You and Thibs were pretty good last year. Thibs had 10 sacks last year. He was one of the few brightspots for a bad defense.

oh yeah.... OU's defense was terrible. Are you kidding?:confused:

KC//CRIMSON
3/22/2006, 12:57 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gifhttp://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gifhttp://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gifhttp://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gifhttp://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gifhttp://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif Nickzeppelin is off the scale retarded.......one retarded dude.

Collier11
3/22/2006, 12:58 AM

Nick you truly are a dunce...The guy has 11 career sacks so Im pretty sure Birdine is a stud, thibs had 10 sacks just last year and ah you is considered by stoops to be one of the best defensive players on the team, pull your head out of John Blakes arss

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/22/2006, 12:59 AM
The suc will be damn good with all the 5 star guys they have recruited for three or four years in a row. tOSU should be vulnerable on defense. tx strength will depend on their new QB. If it's Snead, he might be damn good. He sure looked good in that HS Allstar game in San Antonio. Notre Dame is a profanity.

Egeo
3/22/2006, 12:59 AM
birdine is better than both of those guys when healthy
he's only started one game because he was
a. injured all of last year
b. behind 2/3 year starters on the depth chart before that

but ill give you tehas, right now has more proven dt's at this point
but not by a whole lot

id say we have slightly better de group while they have a slightly better dt group - so for discussions going on in march - its a wash

Collier11
3/22/2006, 01:00 AM
Oh ya we also rotate D-ends and dt's so why does it matter who starts??

Egeo
3/22/2006, 01:06 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gifhttp://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gifhttp://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gifhttp://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gifhttp://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gifhttp://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif Nickzeppelin is off the scale retarded.......one retarded dude.
some of the stuff he says is on the money
much of it isnt - and the worse part is when he's off - he's off in an unfavorable direction

if he were to come in here and say ou is gonna win number 8 next year no one would think twice
but when he gives reasons why we wont win it everyone hates him
while some of his reasons suck, his premise is correct often
odds say we wont win #8 - although i hope we do and think we have a good a shot as anyone (but no one really has a good shot in march - everyone has the same bad shot mostly)

KC//CRIMSON
3/22/2006, 01:07 AM
Oh ya we also rotate D-ends and dt's so why does it matter who starts??

you're talking to a football genius.:mack:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59155

SkipTracer
3/22/2006, 07:32 AM
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5381/texassignzepp26jm.jpg

Sooner in Tampa
3/22/2006, 07:55 AM
Birdine's had 1 career start. He's a good DE yet to show he's great. Ah You and Thibs were pretty good last year. Thibs had 10 sacks last year. He was one of the few brightspots for a bad defense.A "bad defense" :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: are u f'in kidding me???? Nick...I have really tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but this comment just pushed me over the edge.

We may not have had a great defense like we have had in the past...but I can assure you that you are one of the few ****tards that would describe our D as "BAD"

Get off of the Sexat tip. You are becoming a :texan: apologist (sp) and it is quite sickening.

TripleOption14
3/22/2006, 08:07 AM
I'm not really for sure why everyone hates on Nick??? He brings up some very valid pts. just like everybody else. He may be a cup half empty guy but sometimes you need people like that to keep the situation "real." I don't think he is saying that we have bums at DT and DE. He's simply saying that some of are players have not tapped all of their potential. And let's face it the players that he is comparing ours to are from a...... uh!!!!!.... a national championship team. I think that kind of experience goes a little farther than pretty good 8-4 teams experience.

OU-HSV
3/22/2006, 08:19 AM
DEs pretty even. They return Crowder and Robison and Orakpra who was their 3rd DE. Texas defense is probably all around better then ours next year. The lose 3 starters I think, maybe 4? We lost 4. And had less depth last year.
********Post reported********;)

It was Tuesday still:D

sooneron
3/22/2006, 08:51 AM
I like how he has yet to reply to my post showing that we have some experience at DT.

Didn't uterus graduate 3 olinemen this year?

okienole3
3/22/2006, 09:01 AM
I like how he has yet to reply to my post showing that we have some experience at DT.

Didn't uterus graduate 3 olinemen this year?

I sort of asked him the same thing. Now he says that we have people returning, but Texas has guys that are bigger and better.

sooneron
3/22/2006, 09:30 AM
It's always something, isn't it?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/22/2006, 09:31 AM
Nick has been back at Shire having some pipeweed.

As for experience. You can go find hundreds of DT with more college experience than Granger and McCoy but I think I'll take my chances with them.

There is ONE position where experience is more important than at any other and that is QB. Bomar has a year experience (and maybe a 6-pack) under his belt

As for Birdine. If you don't think he is an impact player when healthy at DE you are just crazy.

As for Herbstreits picks, he is subject to change them after spring practice but he did pick A&M to win the Big 12 last year so I'm really not worried. Where I do like Herbstreit better than most of the talking heads, especially Corso is that he is willing to change his mind based on what he sees and will come out and say he was wrong before.

NickZeppelin
3/22/2006, 09:41 AM
I sort of asked him the same thing. Now he says that we have people returning, but Texas has guys that are bigger and better.

They have 3 starters returning. Which is more then we had from a bad offensive line.

Harry Beanbag
3/22/2006, 09:52 AM
They have 3 starters returning. Which is more then we had from a bad offensive line.

I'm thinking that losing starters from a bad O-line isn't that bad of a deal. New blood and a new coach might be able to work wonders. I'm hoping at least.

NickZeppelin
3/22/2006, 09:54 AM
So losing 3 starters last year should have really helped the OLine right? Losing starters on the OLine will be tough this year like it was last year. This year we just have more younger players there. I doubt we have an OLine near as good as we had last year.

sooneron
3/22/2006, 09:59 AM
So losing 3 starters last year should have really helped the OLine right? Losing starters on the OLine will be tough this year like it was last year. This year we just have more younger players there. I doubt we have an OLine near as good as we had last year.
There it is folks.

Harry Beanbag
3/22/2006, 10:02 AM

So now you're comparing Jamaal Brown, Vince Carter, and Wes Sims, all 3 and 4 year starters to the scrubs that started last year (minus Joseph of course)?

NickZeppelin
3/22/2006, 10:12 AM
No I'm saying that losing 4 starters hurts just as bad as losing 3. And Bush, Chiasson, and Joseph were atleast part time starters for 4 years coming into last year. Chester was the only one that really had no starting experience. He may end up being the highest drafted of the Sooners this year.

okienole3
3/22/2006, 11:06 AM

Talking DL now dipwad.

caphorns
3/22/2006, 11:18 AM
I'm staying out of the Nick fracas. All the piling on is a bit ugly.

Now, if you're going to criticize Herbie's Top 5, why not tell people yours. My best guess right now is this:

1. ND
2. UF
3. LSU
4. tOSU
5. Louisville

For the Big 12, I'd probably have OU at 6, Texas at 10 and Nebbish at 15 with the remainder unranked.

TripleOption14
3/22/2006, 11:30 AM
As far as the 06 O-line goes.... it all depends on this new coaches school of thought and training. As i said before i predict a lot of zone blocking schemes in the very near future.

okienole3
3/22/2006, 02:41 PM
I'm staying out of the Nick fracas. All the piling on is a bit ugly.

Does anyone miss jreed13 more than Nick?

Collier11
3/22/2006, 03:26 PM
I doubt we have an OLine near as good as we had last year.

So this year we are returning Braxton, Duke, Messner(who graded the best of any o-linemen we had last year), and Cooper while we are bringing in Sherrone Moore and Brandon Walker(Juco Studs) not to mention Berresi and Roark and you think we will be worse off this year than last. Im sorry Nick but I dont see it, this time last year our o-line was in such a mess with guys leaving and Davin out of position...come on now

Collier11
3/22/2006, 03:27 PM
Oh ya and Quinn, all 5 of those guys started last year at some point

CobraKai
3/22/2006, 05:04 PM
Oh ya and Quinn, all 5 of those guys started last year at some point

Zackly....it all depends on how you spin it. We started about 9 different OL at some point last year, so you could say we lost 4 starters, or that we return 5 starters, depending on what you would like people to infer.

OUGreg723
3/22/2006, 06:39 PM
jreed13 wasnt that bad. I sort of liked him.

KC//CRIMSON
3/22/2006, 10:40 PM
I'm not really for sure why everyone hates on Nick??? He brings up some very valid pts. just like everybody else. He may be a cup half empty guy but sometimes you need people like that to keep the situation "real." I don't think he is saying that we have bums at DT and DE. He's simply saying that some of are players have not tapped all of their potential. And let's face it the players that he is comparing ours to are from a...... uh!!!!!.... a national championship team. I think that kind of experience goes a little farther than pretty good 8-4 teams experience.

Author Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
NickZepp
Big Daddy
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1932 Posted: 17 September 2005 at 8:49pm | IP Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This team isn't bad because of the youth or the talent. It's because of coaching. This team isn't coached well. I don't care what Bob Stoops has done. He can't do it anymore. He should be fired as soon as this year ends because this team isn't getting any better.

This UCLA team is BAD. They will finish near the bottom of the Pac 10 and win 6 or 7 games max. They are a MUCH better team then we are. It's that simple. Well coached teams don't fumble 7 times and have dumb plays like we had. I don't care how young you are. This team isn't well coached.

This OU team can't win anymore games. They just aren't good enough they don't have a defense and they don't have an offense that's consistant and aren't well coached. We can find a better coach then Stoops he's proven to be a bad coach the last few games it's pretty obvious now.

still wondering? there are plenty of other gems, but you can look them up yourself.;)

Harry Beanbag
3/22/2006, 10:46 PM
Author Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
NickZepp
Big Daddy
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1932 Posted: 17 September 2005 at 8:49pm | IP Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This team isn't bad because of the youth or the talent. It's because of coaching. This team isn't coached well. I don't care what Bob Stoops has done. He can't do it anymore. He should be fired as soon as this year ends because this team isn't getting any better.

This UCLA team is BAD. They will finish near the bottom of the Pac 10 and win 6 or 7 games max. They are a MUCH better team then we are. It's that simple. Well coached teams don't fumble 7 times and have dumb plays like we had. I don't care how young you are. This team isn't well coached.

This OU team can't win anymore games. They just aren't good enough they don't have a defense and they don't have an offense that's consistant and aren't well coached. We can find a better coach then Stoops he's proven to be a bad coach the last few games it's pretty obvious now.

still wondering? there are plenty of other gems, but you can look them up yourself.;)

Wow. I'm glad I was in LA and didn't have to read that realtime.

Octavian
3/22/2006, 10:53 PM

I'm convinced there's a group of late 20-something guys on Joe C's payroll sitting around in a tech room in Norman just baiting all of us in order to deflect all criticism.

It must be that. They provided the fark picture (aka Chicken Little), they elevate Texas at every turn...they hate on Bob, Bomar, the Defense, the future, all of mankind...they strongly and unequivicoally state the reverse of everything the Athletic Dept. really wants to occur and offer this "Nick" figure as a sacrifice to us in hopes rallying support among the internet fanbase and deflecting criticism toward their bosses.

That's it. The jig is up, Nick...whatever your real names are...you've done a helluva a job. I want in, you bastages. :D

Egeo
3/23/2006, 12:02 AM
Wow. I'm glad I was in LA and didn't have to read that realtime.
oh wow - that was pretty darn terrible

i guess i changed my mind somewhat

Sooner in Tampa
3/23/2006, 06:43 AM
jreed13 wasnt that bad. I sort of liked him.I didn't think that jreed13 was that bad.

mrowl
3/23/2006, 07:05 AM
who keeps putting Nick back into the green? :mad:

RooseveltRoughRider
3/24/2006, 12:20 PM
Texas's Returning Defensive Linemen??? Hmm...

Brian Robinson, DT, 6-3, 275 --- All Big XII (2005)
Brian Orakpo, DE, 6-4, 238---Freshman All American (2005)
Frank Okam, DT 6-5, 315---All Big 12 (2005) Frosh All American (2004)
Derek Lokey- DE 6-2, 275, Academic All Big XII, 2 year LTRMN
Tim Crowder DE, 6-4, 270- All Big -XII (2005) entering 4th year as starter..

Well...they look pretty damn solid at Defensive Line to me.

Harry Beanbag
3/24/2006, 12:27 PM
Derek Lokey- DE 6-2, 275, Academic All Big XII, 2 year LTRMN

Yeah, he sounds really good. :texan:

RooseveltRoughRider
3/24/2006, 12:33 PM

:D Harry spotted my filler player! lol..he is pretty good though. But he couldnt get many post season honors with all the guys in front of him,plus Rod Wright. Even though Rod Wright sucks.

Luthor
3/24/2006, 02:08 PM
Is this the same Kirk Herbstreit who picked aggy to out right win the BIG XII in 05' and Reggie Weak Ankles to be voted god of the universe? Well, it's a good thing. I didn't want to get this guy confused with that other numb nuts TV network yes man.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/24/2006, 02:36 PM
Is this the same Kirk Herbstreit who picked aggy to out right win the BIG XII in 05' and Reggie Weak Ankles to be voted god of the universe? Well, it's a good thing. I didn't want to get this guy confused with that other numb nuts TV network yes man.

Nope, you're thinking of the other one.;)

Dukezilla for Heisman in 2007...after AD gets 06.

Jello Biafra
3/24/2006, 02:40 PM
Texas still has the best talent in the conference. Right now they are better then us unless we get drastically better.

i see you bought into the bs. good job lil nickie

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/24/2006, 02:51 PM
You might have seen Nick in the "ESPN original series Tilt" last year as an extra. He was the guy sitting at the table each week that said "I see your ante and I fold."

caphorns
3/24/2006, 02:55 PM

Lokey is looking damn good in spring ball actually. We're going to have 4 DTs rotating and at least 4 DE's. Basically our front 7 is set to improve substantially this year because of depth. We were thin last year at DE and LB.

Jello Biafra
3/24/2006, 02:58 PM
Lokey is looking damn good in spring ball actually. We're going to have 4 DTs rotating and at least 4 DE's. Basically our front 7 is set to improve substantially this year because of depth. We were thin last year at DE and LB.

welcome to our world for the last 5 years.....

Harry Beanbag
3/24/2006, 03:04 PM

I'm sure he's a fine player, I was just making fun of the accolades that your friend BrokebackRider attributed to him.

caphorns
3/24/2006, 03:13 PM
welcome to our world for the last 5 years.....

Good point Jello. You have had the better line depth than we have for quite some time. It only stands to reason that our ability to alternate on the line (finally) will give us a chance to put a hurt on AD and Bomar equivalent of what the Sooner D brings against us. You have had the better front 7. Texas has had the much better secondary of late.