PDA

View Full Version : Longwhorns nascar

soonerguild
3/21/2006, 06:27 PM
I don't know if it has been stated on here, but just in case, the whorns will have darrell waltrip driving a car that has national champions all over it. thank god i don't watch nascar or this would be annoying

http://www.texassports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=68&url_article_id=3731&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

IronSooner
3/21/2006, 06:36 PM
I guess when you win one every 35 years you have to do it up big like that.

1stTimeCaller
3/21/2006, 06:38 PM
see that sticky at the top of all of the threads? It is there for a reason.

OUGreg723
3/21/2006, 06:42 PM
"Thats the craziest ****ing thing I've ever heard" - Stephen Colbert

soonerboy_odanorth
3/21/2006, 06:51 PM
I mean this in all sincerety: I hope he gets into the ugliest car-ablaze crash (that a man is able to walk away from) ever in the history of NASCAR.

sooneron
3/21/2006, 06:53 PM
IBTD

soonerguild
3/21/2006, 07:04 PM
sorry about breaking the rules, but seriously neg spek is alittle harsh, i was just tryin to inform.

Harry Beanbag
3/21/2006, 07:33 PM
Here's where all the :texan: 's go for their NASCAR news...

http://www.gaytona.com/

OKC-SLC
3/21/2006, 08:07 PM
ibtd

ultimatesooner1
3/22/2006, 04:30 PM
I hope it crashes

Half a Hundred
3/22/2006, 04:36 PM
It won't crash, it'll be taken off the track halfway through the race due to "unfavorable wind conditions."

CobraKai
3/22/2006, 05:06 PM
Longhorns and NASCAR = peas and carrots

Dio
3/22/2006, 05:51 PM
1969- texass wins the last all white NC

2005- texass wins the first white trash NC

Jello Biafra
3/22/2006, 06:33 PM
I guess when you win one every 35 years you have to do it up big like that.

you think they'll put that 2002 big XII south co-champs ring on the hood?

SoonerStormchaser
3/23/2006, 09:00 AM
Oh man...I'd watch it...just to see the fireball it creates when Earnhardt *** ends it!

Btw...thanks Dio...I added your quote to my sig.

Dio
3/23/2006, 03:39 PM
Btw...thanks Dio...I added your quote to my sig.

de nada

Hamhock
3/23/2006, 04:13 PM
It's Michael. Darrel doesn't race anymore. And it's Busch series, not the real NASCAR...how fitting..

Jello Biafra
3/23/2006, 05:33 PM
It's Michael. Darrel doesn't race anymore. And it's Busch series, not the real NASCAR...how fitting..
as in....busch league racing for a busch league fan base?

BudSooner
3/23/2006, 07:17 PM
Mikey sucks without DEI engines under the hood.....look for at least a top 35 finish.

Out of 43! Heh!

royalfan5
3/23/2006, 10:26 PM
Actually Darrel is coming out of retirement for a Busch series race for his brothers team later this year.

royalfan5
3/23/2006, 10:27 PM
Mikey sucks without DEI engines under the hood.....look for at least a top 35 finish.

Out of 43! Heh!
He sucked with DEI power too. Outside of plate tracks he pretty much did diddley squat most of the time.

Sooner in Tampa
3/24/2006, 07:13 AM
They got a POS driver in the AAA level racing. HEH...Uterus still doing everything half @$$ed.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/24/2006, 02:40 PM
you think they'll put that 2002 big XII south co-champs ring on the hood?

Beat me to it. I was guessing if the car leads any laps that Walltrip will want a trophy. "Champion, lap #14,15 and 16"

Jello Biafra
3/24/2006, 02:56 PM
Beat me to it. I was guessing if the car leads any laps that Walltrip will want a trophy. "Champion, lap #14,15 and 16"

rofl the first thing i thought of the other day when i saw this was "an investigation needs to be going on right about now" then i thought.. "screw em"

as a fan,even worse, a booster, i would be highly irritated that money was being spent on sponsorship of a car. why? because of the fact that there are probably a total of 6 17 year old kids (who are considering a football school) going to spend a good number of hours a day watching races....... the moeny is better spent somewhere else like donate toothbrushes with longhorns on them to under privledged kids or something. in other words, the kind of fan base you are marketing to isn't exactly the "athlete" type.........

royalfan5
3/24/2006, 04:36 PM
rofl the first thing i thought of the other day when i saw this was "an investigation needs to be going on right about now" then i thought.. "screw em"

as a fan,even worse, a booster, i would be highly irritated that money was being spent on sponsorship of a car. why? because of the fact that there are probably a total of 6 17 year old kids (who are considering a football school) going to spend a good number of hours a day watching races....... the moeny is better spent somewhere else like donate toothbrushes with longhorns on them to under privledged kids or something. in other words, the kind of fan base you are marketing to isn't exactly the "athlete" type.........
There aren't NCAA problems with this type of thing because other schools, Clemson, Va Tech and Tennsee have been part of similar things in the past. If it is illegal the NCAA has serious problems since it's pretty out in the open, and they haven't caught on yet.

Jello Biafra
3/24/2006, 06:01 PM
There aren't NCAA problems with this type of thing because other schools, Clemson, Va Tech and Tennsee have been part of similar things in the past. If it is illegal the NCAA has serious problems since it's pretty out in the open, and they haven't caught on yet.

no no. im not saying illegal. im saying fleecing texas alums and donars. its a dumb recruiting tool. if it is a tool. i don't know im confused at why you would try to recruit students to your school with something that is geared mostly towards middle class white males.......

royalfan5
3/24/2006, 06:13 PM
no no. im not saying illegal. im saying fleecing texas alums and donars. its a dumb recruiting tool. if it is a tool. i don't know im confused at why you would try to recruit students to your school with something that is geared mostly towards middle class white males.......
Because parents have input in their kids college decisions. I worked in college admissions for awhile. You have to suck up to the parents just as much as kids. Like Texas is really hurting for money anyway, much of which Texas will make back on licensing fees from die cast and other souviner sales. Souvenier sales is what driver paint schemes like this.