PDA

View Full Version : Carpal Tunnel

CobraKai
3/21/2006, 03:35 PM
Has anyone ever had Carpal Tunnel? I think I have it, and rather than going to see a doctor I would prefer to type out a question on how to fix it on an internet message board.

The only thing I hate more than carpal tunnel syndrome is irony.

crawfish
3/21/2006, 03:36 PM
The only thing I hate more than carpal tunnel syndrome is ironing.

You should make your wife do that. It's bad for your carpal tunnel syndrome.

Mjcpr
3/21/2006, 03:37 PM
I always thought it was bull**** that employees around here used to get outta work and a big, fat workers comp check.

But I'm cynical.

CobraKai
:)

jeremy885
Thought I had it 4 years ago, but it went away when I stopped wearing my watch.

BoogercountySooner
3/21/2006, 03:38 PM
Thought I had it 4 years ago, but it went away when I stopped wearing out my ****.

Fixed:D

CobraKai
3/21/2006, 03:39 PM
I always thought it was bull**** that employees around here used to get outta work and a big, fat workers comp check.

But I'm cynical.

Hey I'm with you. I always considered it one of those fake ailments, like whiplish or aggieness that did not really exist. That is part of the reason I don't want to go to the doctor. I would be forced to kick my own azzzzz.

jeremy885
Fixed:D

That could be true too. :O

CobraKai
I've just started using my left hand to type and mouse. I'm now about 50% less efficient.

CobraKai
3/21/2006, 03:44 PM
I also have to flip people off now with my left hand, and that is all wrong, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

OUDoc
3/21/2006, 03:45 PM
Ibuprofen and wrist splints at night, if it's carpal tunnel.

OU4LIFE
3/21/2006, 03:47 PM
Hey I'm with you. I always considered it one of those fake ailments, like whiplish or aggieness that did not really exist. That is part of the reason I don't want to go to the doctor. I would be forced to kick my own azzzzz.

ATTENTION!! Whiplish is a very real and dangerous affliction.

OU Adonis
3/21/2006, 03:51 PM
But I'm cylindrical

I am not sure how thats relevant to the conversation but I always thought you more square, but whatever floats your boat.

;)

Mjcpr
3/21/2006, 03:52 PM
Why did I not get a SF email informing me that today was 'Pick on Pat Day' ?

:mad::confused:

GDC
3/21/2006, 03:53 PM
An ex-gf's mom had the surgery for it on both wrists, she described it as hellish and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

OU4LIFE
3/21/2006, 03:53 PM

If by "Pick on Pat Day" you mean "Pick on Squeek Day" then I agree.

OU Adonis
3/21/2006, 03:54 PM

Since the VPO's from 1TC and Stanley took effect......................

CobraKai
3/21/2006, 03:56 PM
Let's focus people....on giving me free medical advice. ;)

OU Adonis
3/21/2006, 03:57 PM
Let's focus people....on giving me free medical advice. ;)

I found that typing with two hands really makes a big difference.

IronSooner
3/21/2006, 05:30 PM
I heard a lecture by a MD/PhD guy last semester about this. They did studies looking at wrist angles and forces and such that led to it. Basically you want the cross-section of your wrist to be as open as possible so that the tendons and blood and such can go through easier. When you twist your wrist or rest it on something it increases the pressure and can cause inflammation, etc. Rearrange things so that you don't rest your palm or wrist on anything, but instead support your arm from the middle of your forearm where there's muscle. Push the keyboard and mouse back on your desk and keep the pads up toward the edge so that your arm hangs over and rests on your forearm. Also helps to take micro-breaks here and there and change your hand's angle a little. I've started using my left hand with the mouse sometimes too.

oumartin
3/21/2006, 05:57 PM
I've only had cramps in my wrists.. its called something but I cannot recall

crawfish
3/21/2006, 06:00 PM

Too much work. We'll send you a pm on "Don't Pick on Pat Day".

IB4OU2
3/21/2006, 06:03 PM
I've only had cramps in my wrists.. its called something but I cannot recall

To much jerkinoffitus?

ChickSoonerFan
3/21/2006, 06:06 PM
I thought I had it when I was pregnant and my doctor told me it would go away after I had the baby. He was right.

You're not pregnant...are you?

walkoffsooner
3/21/2006, 07:26 PM
A Doctor told me I had it and needed surgery I said ok wait until winter.No softball water sports ect,anyway I decide to ride my bike to Sturgis both hand's fall asleep as usual in about 20 miles due to vibration.2000 miles later I pull in driveway carpal tunnel gone. Has not bothered me since August 2005

soonerbrat
3/21/2006, 09:42 PM
Has anyone ever had Carpal Tunnel? I think I have it, and rather than going to see a doctor I would prefer to type out a question on how to fix it on an internet message board.

The only thing I hate more than carpal tunnel syndrome is irony.

no, but i had cubital tunnel and guyon's canal syndromes

mrowl
3/21/2006, 09:43 PM
if you exercise, stretch your hands, wrist, fingers, you won't have this problem. :D