PDA

View Full Version : Susan Sarandon to play Cindy Sheehan in a movie

Sooner in Tampa
3/21/2006, 12:13 PM
You have got to be kidding me...they are actually going to make a movie about this hideous woman. GEESH

Oh well, they couldn't have picked a more appropriate actress.

Link (http://www.rawstory.com/comments/12672.html)

After stops for protests in New Orleans and Washington, D.C., she will breakfast in Manhattan with actress Susan Sarandon, who is set to portray her in a biopic movie

VeeJay
3/21/2006, 12:21 PM
Who is going to play Michael Moore?

John Candy and Chris Farley are dead.

85Sooner
3/21/2006, 12:24 PM
Theres a surprise.

achiro
3/21/2006, 12:27 PM
Theres a surprise.
My thoughts exactly:rolleyes:

mdklatt
3/21/2006, 12:30 PM
The marketing budget for this movie will approximately $0 because it will get all the free advertising it needs from outraged right-wingers.

picasso
3/21/2006, 12:36 PM
what's the plot?

Sooner in Tampa
3/21/2006, 12:41 PM
what's the plot?How to be a tasteless, senseless, fame craving, grieving mom...go out and make a fool of yourself, disgrace your son, and end up ruining what is left of your family.

GDC
3/21/2006, 12:42 PM
Who is going to play Michael Moore?

John Candy and Chris Farley are dead.

John Goodman?

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 12:50 PM
Who the fock would watch this piece of ****?

I think we all know the story. Dude gets drunk, screws chick, finds out said chick is an ugly beyotch, divorces her ***, the son goes to war, unfortunately dies, beyotch lady goes crazy and protests, her mom says 'this beyotch is driving me crazy' has a stroke, beyotch protests some more, and now someone wants to make a movie!? WTF!!!!?>???!?!?!

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/21/2006, 12:53 PM

I think we all know the story. Dude gets drunk, screws chick, finds out said chick is an ugly beyotch, divorces her ***, the son goes to war, unfortunately dies, beyotch lady goes crazy and protests, her mom says 'this beyotch is driving me crazy' has a stroke, beyotch protests some more, and now someone wants to make a movie!? WTF!!!!?>???!?!?!

SPOILER TAGS, YOU BASTARD!!! :kelvin:

LoyalFan
3/21/2006, 12:54 PM
Wow! Talk about type-casting!

Ragged out, deranged, butt-ugly, America-hating nutcase portrayed by:
Ragged out, deranged, butt-ugly, America-hating nutcase.

LoyalRaggedOutDerangedButt-UglyAMERICA-LOVINGFan
Nutcase

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 12:55 PM
SPOILER TAGS, YOU BASTARD!!! :kelvin:

Stick a :meat: in it! :D

So you don't want to go see the movie with me anymore? heh

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/21/2006, 12:55 PM
:D

TexasLidig8r
3/21/2006, 01:01 PM
Stick a :meat: in it! :D

So you don't want to go make a movie with me anymore? heh

Fixed. ;)

Herr Scholz
3/21/2006, 01:01 PM
Carolina, so let me get this straight. If one is against the war, they can be labeled by you as "hideous, tasteless, senseless, fame craving, grieving, crazy, foolish, ruinous, family hating and disgraceful"?

Good thing our soldiers are fighting for freedoms such as free speech (just as long as nobody uses them...).

Sooner in Tampa
3/21/2006, 01:06 PM
Carolina, so let me get this straight. If one is against the war, they can be labeled by you as "hideous, tasteless, senseless, fame craving, grieving, crazy, foolish, ruinous, family hating and disgraceful"?

Good thing our soldiers are fighting for freedoms such as free speech (just as long as nobody uses them...).Nice try Herr...I refered to ONE PERSON...who has shown herself to be a lunatic in the way she is going about protesting. So take your generalizing somewhere else!!! Like a :texan: board!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/21/2006, 01:39 PM
The marketing budget for this movie will approximately $0 because it will get all the free advertising it needs from moveon.org, Trial Lawyers Association, and the Screen Actors Guild.Corrected

3/21/2006, 01:41 PM

I think we all know the story. Dude gets drunk, screws chick, finds out said chick is an ugly beyotch, divorces her ***, the son goes to war, unfortunately dies, beyotch lady goes crazy and protests, her mom says 'this beyotch is driving me crazy' has a stroke, beyotch protests some more, and now someone wants to make a movie!? WTF!!!!?>???!?!?!BEAUTY ANALYSIS!

mdklatt
3/21/2006, 01:45 PM
Corrected

We'll just see who gives this movie the most attention around here. I'm pretty sure it won't be Hatfield or Herr Scholz.

GDC
3/21/2006, 01:48 PM
Nice try Herr...I refered to ONE PERSON...who has shown herself to be a lunatic in the way she is going about protesting. So take your generalizing somewhere else!!! Like a :texan: board!!!

You know he and Lid don't know how to quit us, or each other.:D :texan:

3/21/2006, 01:50 PM
We'll just see who gives this movie the most attention around here. I'm pretty sure it won't be Hatfield or Herr Scholz.No, your point is well taken, and I might even buy a used DVD of this some day(don't want to give money to those who made the movie), because I'M SURE IT WILL BE HILARIOUS!:)

Herr Scholz
3/21/2006, 01:55 PM
Nice try Herr...I refered to ONE PERSON...who has shown herself to be a lunatic in the way she is going about protesting. So take your generalizing somewhere else!!! Like a :texan: board!!!
OK, specifically I don't see why she's so dispicable. She lost her son and is against the war and is zealously trying to bring our troops home. Why do you lable her a lunatic? Why is her viewpoint crazy? Why does she deserve such scorn?

You lose a son in this war?

BeetDigger
3/21/2006, 01:57 PM

Good thing our soldiers are fighting for freedoms such as free speech (just as long as nobody uses them...).

She's not going to jail for speaking up. That's free speech. The point you are missing is that free speech comes with a cost. No one is saying that she can't say what she wants, but if we ridicule her because of it, that's the price she has to pay.

You can root for Texas and you aren't going to jail. But don't expect everyone to applaud you for it. :mack:

Herr Scholz
3/21/2006, 01:58 PM
The point you are missing is that free speech comes with a cost.
I understand that. I don't understand why she's SOOOOO villified and hated. I'm against this war and for bringing troops home and I sure as heck didn't lose anyone I love over there.

BeetDigger
3/21/2006, 02:00 PM
I understand that. I don't understand why she's SOOOOO villified and hated. I'm against this war and for bringing troops home and I sure as heck didn't lose anyone I love over there.

Then why did you bring up free speech?

OklahomaTuba
3/21/2006, 02:01 PM
Maybe the movie will be about her fight to free occupied New Orleans?

Dio
3/21/2006, 02:03 PM
I understand that. I don't understand why she's so villified.

Ask her family, who doesn't want anything to do with her either.

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 02:03 PM
OK, specifically I don't see why she's so dispicable. She lost her son and is against the war and is zealously trying to bring our troops home. Why do you lable her a lunatic? Why is her viewpoint crazy? Why does she deserve such scorn?

Her son is rolling in his grave at her antics. He didn't believe the shyte that this woman is spewing. That's why everyone hates her pinko commie guts. :texan:

OklahomaTuba
3/21/2006, 02:05 PM
I understand that. I don't understand why she's SOOOOO villified and hated.

Maybe because of **** like this?

America is not worth dying for!" So said Cindy Sheehan in April of this year at a rally in support of Attorney Lynne Stewart, who was convicted of aiding and abetting terrorism.http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1469247/posts

Herr Scholz
3/21/2006, 02:09 PM
Then why did you bring up free speech?
Because a lot of conservatives (specifically the Karl Rove propaganda machine) sets out to smear anyone critical of their administration: Cindy Sheehan, Valerie Plame and her husband, any military officers against the war, etc. It's hypocritical to claim your fighting for freedoms out of one side of your mouth while conducting a smear campaign about any opposing viewpoints.

Free speech isn't really all that free here anymore anyway. At political rallies, the Republicans have managed to criminalize it to the point of herding people into a big holding cell where opposing viewpoints can't be heard. People with negative placards aren't allowed into rallies, stories are bought and planted in the press, and negative images such as flag-draped caskets are kept off of the news, etc.

Sooner in Tampa
3/21/2006, 02:09 PM
I understand that. I don't understand why she's SOOOOO villified and hated. I'm against this war and for bringing troops home and I sure as heck didn't lose anyone I love over there.One quick point that comes to mind is that she is on the same side as Chavez and Belefonte...you know...THE WACKO's

OklahomaTuba
3/21/2006, 02:11 PM
I still laugh everytime I think about this. Typical leftist idiocy...

George Bush needs to stop talking, admit the mistakes of his all around failed administration, pull our troops out of occupied New Orleans and Iraq, and excuse his self from power. http://www.michaelmoore.com/mustread/index.php?id=503

Herr Scholz
Maybe the movie will be about her fight to free occupied New Orleans?
I don't agree with that sentiment at all, but we would have had a lot more National Guardsmen and the response to Katrina would have been a lot better were it not for this war. Our resources are spread thin.

Sooner in Tampa
I don't understand why she's SOOOOO villified and hated. Because she is stuck on stupid

http://www.antimedia.us/files/ShowLetter.jpg

BeetDigger
Comeon Tuba. Don' you know that those were trumped up charges against Lynne Stewart, brought by some right-wing faction? She's a USA loving person who wants to promote peace, freedom and capitalism.

Sooner in Tampa
3/21/2006, 02:12 PM
We would have had a lot more National Guardsmen and the response to Katrina would have been a lot better were it not for this war.That is a liberal bull**** spin!!!!! Gen Honore has already called BULLSH!$ on that claim.

Try another one.

C&CDean
3/21/2006, 02:13 PM

Herr,

If you seriously can't see why the **** is so despised by about 90+% of the country, then you truly have been blinded by the butt fumes rising out of the gay whore houses in Austin.

She has insulted our country, our veterans, our military, our leaders, our way of life, and the memory of her very own son. All that AND she's a completely off-the-hinges psycho broad who probably will end up killing somebody (or hopefully herself) before long. After the left has used her up and discarded her along the roadside like a cum-filled condom from a late night tryst between a couple UT frat boys, what's she gonna have/do? Nothing. She's the absolute epitome of a loser.

OklahomaTuba
3/21/2006, 02:13 PM
One quick point that comes to mind is that she is on the same side as Chavez and Belefonte...you know...THE WACKO's

Heh.

http://stoptheaclu.com/wp-images/kissing.jpg

I wonder who will play Chavez in the movie??? Raul Julia is dead I think.

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 02:16 PM
Because she is stuck on stupid

http://www.antimedia.us/files/ShowLetter.jpg

Where is a hand grenade when you need it? :mack:

OklahomaTuba
3/21/2006, 02:18 PM
Comeon Tuba. Don' you know that those were trumped up charges against Lynne Stewart, brought by some right-wing faction? She's a USA loving person who wants to promote peace, freedom and capitalism.

Better not defend Lynne Stewart to much, no doubt Al-Herr thinks she is a brave and honorable soul as well!

BeetDigger
3/21/2006, 02:19 PM
Because a lot of conservatives (specifically the Karl Rove propaganda machine) sets out to smear anyone critical of their administration: Cindy Sheehan, Valerie Plame and her husband, any military officers against the war, etc. It's hypocritical to claim your fighting for freedoms out of one side of your mouth while conducting a smear campaign about any opposing viewpoints.

Free speech isn't really all that free here anymore anyway. At political rallies, the Republicans have managed to criminalize it to the point of herding people into a big holding cell where opposing viewpoints can't be heard. People with negative placards aren't allowed into rallies, stories are bought and planted in the press, and negative images such as flag-draped caskets are kept off of the news, etc.

First, your logic is completely out of kilter here.

Someone hating her has nothing to do with us promoting free speech in Iraq. If nothing else, it exemplifies the value of it as well as the cost that it has.

And no one has had to smear her in the public eye. The press has given her plenty of air time and people have had the opportunity to form their own opinion of her. If Karl Rove hates her, that's his right. And he has the right to state it.

As far as all of this other gibberish that you are brining up regarding rallies etc., go start another thread that specifically addresses those issues. You sound like a five year old using the excuse "Yeah, but he started it."

Scott D
3/21/2006, 02:19 PM
I have nothing productive to add to this thread, so here is a picture of a mashed potato sculpture.

http://www.potatodays.com/images_final/2004_sculpture1.jpg

Herr Scholz
3/21/2006, 02:20 PM
Herr,

If you seriously can't see why the **** is so despised by about 90+% of the country...
Riiiiight. That's why there were tens of thousands of people in numerous cities this weekend protesting because of the 3rd anniversary of our presence in Iraq. That's why Bush has a 32% approval rating right now.

jk the sooner fan
3/21/2006, 02:22 PM

even though you completely missed his point

what about Carolina's freedom of speech? or doesnt his matter?

i love the "freedom of speech" cry...because its always "we dont like what you're saying about what we're saying"

Herr Scholz
3/21/2006, 02:23 PM
As far as all of this other gibberish...
You asked me why I brought up free speech and I answered. If you didn't want it on this thread, you shouldn't have asked me. And all I did was point out the hypocrisy of this administration. Definitely not a big leap of logic there.

Scott D
3/21/2006, 02:23 PM
Riiiiight. That's why there were tens of thousands of people in numerous cities this weekend protesting because of the 3rd anniversary of our presence in Iraq. That's why Bush has a 32% approval rating right now.

so that's tens of thousands out of tens of millions...*whew* was scared the numbers might have been meaningful for a moment there.

FYI Bush's approval rating is 32% because right now the kosher thing is to hate the president.

jk the sooner fan
3/21/2006, 02:24 PM

because she's turned this into a grandstand all about her, most of those jumping on her bandwago probably cant even tell you her sons name

it shouldnt be about her, it should be about her son, and in my opinion, she's turned him from a hero into a goat, a wasted life......and i dont think thats how her son would want to be remembered.....from what i've read from his father, he was very proud of what he was doing in Iraq

Dio

Or in OKC, ten people.

Sooner in Tampa
I don't understand why she's SOOOOO villified and hated.

"All you have to do is look at New Orleans to see how vulnerable he's made our country.”

"No Iraqis Left Me on a Roof to Die”

"My son was killed in 2004. I am not paying my taxes for 2004. You killed my son, George Bush, and I don't owe you a penny...you give my son back and I'll pay my taxes. Come after me (for back taxes) and we'll put this war on trial.”

"Every time Bush talks he should be removed from office,”

"I've always admired President Chavez for standing up to imperialism and the meddling of the American government in South America.”

"Is there anyone in America who cannot yet see that Donald Rumsfeld is a liar, that he -- as with Hitler and Stalin -- will say anything so long as he thinks it will help shape the world to his own liking? Is there even one sane adult among us who cannot see that Donald Rumsfeld is a threat to our nation's security and to peace on our beloved earth?"

She is a ranting and raving idiot who disgraces here sons memory!!! That is why she travels around with her posse of 12 whole people AND her husband told her to hit the road.

C&CDean
3/21/2006, 02:25 PM

Did you see those people who were protesting? It takes 4 of them to = an average human being. And "tens of thousands" when compared to tens of millions is still a very small percentage. I personally know quite a few people who are against the war - and think Sheehan should off herself with a .22 in the gut.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/21/2006, 02:26 PM
I have nothing productive to add to this thread, so here is a picture of a mashed potato sculpture.

http://www.potatodays.com/images_final/2004_sculpture1.jpgIs the pasgetti hair?

Jimminy Crimson
Or in OKC, ten people.

That was including the reporters. :D

OklahomaTuba
Riiiiight. That's why there were tens of thousands of people in numerous cities this weekend protesting because of the 3rd anniversary of our presence in Iraq.
tens of thousands of people, just like Herr!

http://www.zombietime.com/global_day_of_action_march_18_2006/IMG_5680.JPG

http://www.zombietime.com/global_day_of_action_march_18_2006/IMG_5825.JPG

Herr Scholz
3/21/2006, 02:27 PM
what about Carolina's freedom of speech? or doesnt his matter?
He has the right to say whatever he wants. I just find it ridiculous that the war hawks and soldiers who continually say "You wouldn't have any rights if it weren't for us fighting for them..." are the very ones trashing this lady for her freedoms. I have the right to say that.

Talk about speaking out of both sides of you mouth. I fight for you freedoms but if you use them, I'm going to hate you.

C&CDean
3/21/2006, 02:27 PM
****in' Scott D beat me to it. Potato head.....

Dio
3/21/2006, 02:28 PM
And here are some examples of Herr's freedom-loving protestors for "peace":

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64911

OklahomaTuba
3/21/2006, 02:28 PM
That is why she travels around with her posse of 12 whole people AND her husband told her to hit the road.

12?

Sounds like you are WAY over estimating!

http://www.sweetness-light.com/archive/mother-sheehans-book-signing/

Herr Scholz
3/21/2006, 02:29 PM
FYI Bush's approval rating is 32% because right now the kosher thing is to hate the president.
Or because 68% of the country (including Republicans) think his job performance is really bad. Either way.

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 02:32 PM
Or because 68% of the country (including Republicans) think his job performance is really bad. Either way.

'Approval rating' isn't news. It goes along with all that crap that news stations make up to fill up time.

Bush is doing a damn good job! :texan:

Sooner in Tampa
3/21/2006, 02:33 PM
More nuggets from the lunacy that is Cindy Sheehan

"When I was growing up, it was Communists'. Now it's Terrorists'. So you always have to have somebody to fight and be afraid of, so the war machine can build more bombs, guns, and bullets and everything."

"America has been killing people on this continent since it was started. This country is not worth dying for..."

Well, but there were a lot of innocent people killed in that invasion, too. ... But I'm seeing that we're sending our ground troops in to invade countries where the entire country wasn't the problem. Especially Iraq. Iraq was no problem. And why do we send in invading armies to march into Afghanistan when we're looking for a select group of people in that country?

TexasLidig8r
3/21/2006, 02:34 PM
Herr.. using Ms. Sheehan as the poster child for free speech may be.. imprudent.

Ms. Sheehan's character, or lack thereof, has overshadowed her message. She has largely regarded as being nothing more than a shill for Moveon.org and Code Pink.

She lost her son. Unless we have lost a child, we cannot fully understand her loss. Yet, in the antics in which she has engaged (antics which are nonetheless, fully supported by the U.S. Constitution and rights which she has and should not be denied), she has bastardized her message and allowed herself to become a pawn of those groups opposed to the occupation of Iraq. She has the absolute right to protest.. to be heard. Yet, with this right comes the responsibility to use that right in an effective manner to best convey the message.

She has lost the moral high ground and instead of being a figure of character and substance, one to sympathize with and who could have become a respected symbol of opposition to the Iraqi situation, she is regarded as a "crackpot,".. a puppet of those groups who not only oppose the Iraqi situation but President Bush as well, and whose anti-war posture is available to the highest bidder.

Scott D
3/21/2006, 02:35 PM
****in' Scott D beat me to it. Potato head.....

that's cuz you ain't nothin but a muh****in' hillbilly ;)

C&CDean
3/21/2006, 02:36 PM
that's cuz you ain't nothin but a muh****in' hillbilly ;)

True enough.

Scott D
3/21/2006, 02:38 PM

I think his job performance is substandard. I also think his predecessor's job performance was substandard. I think his predecessor's job performance was substandard.

Then again, I don't find much positive about the way that our government is 'business as usual' no matter who is 'in charge'.

mdklatt
3/21/2006, 02:51 PM

Consorting with hostile foreign leaders like Hugo Chavez is not the most rational thing to do, and certainly not if you want to help the anti-war effort. I think Sheehan was probably high strung even before her son died, and that just pushed her over the edge into Crazy Town. She's also an attention whore. Plenty of people have lost sons and daughters in Iraq, but they're not making public spectacles of themselves.

picasso
she calls terrorists freedom fighters. that's enough for me to label her a looney.

BeetDigger
You asked me why I brought up free speech and I answered. If you didn't want it on this thread, you shouldn't have asked me. And all I did was point out the hypocrisy of this administration. Definitely not a big leap of logic there.

You have absolutely no concept of logic here.

You question someone hating Sheehan by questioning our fighting for free speech. Can't you even look at that and tell yourself "Duh. That was a dumb remark."? I even helped you along by saying that she's not going to jail, she's just being hated by lots and lots of people. Hating someone does not make free speech illegal.

GrapevineSooner
3/21/2006, 03:04 PM
You have absolutely no concept of logic here.

You question someone hating Sheehan by questioning our fighting for free speech. Can't you even look at that and tell yourself "Duh. That was a dumb remark."? I even helped you along by saying that she's not going to jail, she's just being hated by lots and lots of people. Hating someone does not make free speech illegal.

I, myself, do not hate Cindy Sheehan. I've never met her.

But I do think she's batsh*t crazy.

And I also think that when she says she's doing all of this in the name of her son, it's not out of bounds to question why Cindy didn't spend any of the $25,000 the Army paid to her for her son's death to buy him a headstone.

Instead, she's used the money to finance her worldwide tour of me.

OklahomaTuba
3/21/2006, 03:05 PM
Hating someone does not make free speech illegal.

Obviously. I mean look at Herr's friends marching around protesting this weekend. Their hate for Jews is stomach turning.

Hilter would really be proud to see that.

OklahomaTuba
3/21/2006, 03:08 PM
And I also think that when she says she's doing all of this in the name of her son, it's not out of bounds to question why Cindy didn't spend any of the $25,000 the Army paid to her for her son's death to buy him a headstone.

Thats pretty sickening.

She has money to go makeout with Chavez, yet can't pony up the dough given to her to put a headstone on his grave.

What a bitch.

Somehow I bet that doesn't make it into the movie either.

jeremy885
3/21/2006, 03:11 PM
I, myself, do not hate Cindy Sheehan. I've never met her.

But I do think she's batsh*t crazy.

Instead, she's used the money to finance her worldwide tour of me.

I'd have to see a link before I would even start to believe that.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/21/2006, 03:21 PM
The only question I have is if Rove is arresting protesters and "herding them like cattle" into jails...How is that tens of thousands of individuals able to protest if they should in fact already be in jail? As for Private events, they shouldn't be allowed to bring in signs in if the private party doesn't want to allow it in this case Republican events. A good example would be if Rove protested at Gay birthday party, do you think it would be best for the event? As for protesting not being allowed at say Presidential speeches...umm show me a picture of any President standing in front of a negative sign and I will be shocked. You think Clinton allowed "Blow Me" signs at his speeches. The liberals control the media...this isn't really debatable. Yet somehow Rove is secretly controlling them as well....the left of this country needs to quit being so paranoid.

GDC
3/21/2006, 03:48 PM
I love that Lid is an ambulance chasing self-proclaimed hedonistic rabble-rouser who loves to pontificate on qualities such as "character" and moral and ethical "substance".:rolleyes:

You are such an easy target, and you don't even realize it.

GrapevineSooner
3/21/2006, 05:37 PM
I'd have to see a link before I would even start to believe that.
Here you go (http://sayanythingblog.com/2006/03/08/casey_sheehan_doesnt_have_a_headstone).

Also from her Vanity Fair shoot (http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3125/663/1600/Sheehan%20vanity%20fair.jpg).

And I'll have to backtrack on my claim that she received $25,000 from her son's Army life insurance policy. I've read on some other blogs that it was actually $250,000. Since this isn't my area of expertise, perhaps somebody like JK could shed some light on the exact amount.

SicEmBaylor
3/21/2006, 05:49 PM
One of my bestfriends down here is from Massachussetts. He's a conservative southern nationalist which is rare for a Catholic Italian from Massachussetts.

Anyhoo, Susan Sarandan was filming a movie up there not far from his house so he goes down there to watch the action. Anyway, they told everyone watching that if they wanted to stay there and watch the filming process they had to be quet. But quiet isn't exactly what he had in mind. They start to roll the film and just before Susan Sarandan speaks he starts calling her an assortment of names relating to her liberalism.

Anyway, they let him get by with this 2 or 3 times before they kick him out. He went home thinking he'd done his duty for God and Country for the day.

jeremy885
3/21/2006, 06:13 PM
Here you go (http://sayanythingblog.com/2006/03/08/casey_sheehan_doesnt_have_a_headstone).

Also from her Vanity Fair shoot (http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3125/663/1600/Sheehan%20vanity%20fair.jpg).

And I'll have to backtrack on my claim that she received $25,000 from her son's Army life insurance policy. I've read on some other blogs that it was actually $250,000. Since this isn't my area of expertise, perhaps somebody like JK could shed some light on the exact amount.

Thanks. I knew she was crazy but that is just sick not even put up a decent marker for her son. I thought maybe someone had farked the pic and googled it to make sure, but couldn't find anything to show that he did have one. I guess the only thing he has is the basic small above ground marker, but why would his father or grandparents not do something on their own?

DeadSolidPerfect
3/21/2006, 06:28 PM
I don't think this woman is necessarily nuts, I just don't think she's all that smart. She's been taken advantage of by some very powerful people on the left. But that's nothing new, the left has been taking advantage of less fortunate people for years. It's how they get elected.

SicEmBaylor
3/21/2006, 06:37 PM
I don't think this woman is necessarily nuts, I just don't think she's all that smart. She's been taken advantage of by some very powerful people on the left. But that's nothing new, the left has been taking advantage of less fortunate people for years. It's how they get elected.

I do volunteer work in Crawford when the President is at his ranch, and I've dealt with Cindy Sheehan and her traveling circus directly. She is nuts. I sympathize with the loss of her son, but she has exploited his death for her own personal gain and for the gain of her political position which is simply absurd.

I'd like to point out that she not only opposes the Iraq War as an imperialist war of territorial and natural resource gain, but applies that same argument to Afghanistan.

As for the people around her...I have nothing positive to say about them at all. I've never seen a larger group of societal rejects. They are shrill, they are dirty, they are brain washed, and in most cases they're using the Iraq war to advance various leftist/socialist causes having nothing to do with the war at all and everything to do with establishing a Marxist American government.

NormanPride
3/21/2006, 06:38 PM
I don't think this woman is necessarily nuts, I just don't think she's all that smart. She's been taken advantage of by some very powerful people on the left. But that's nothing new, politicians have been taking advantage of less fortunate people for years. It's how they get elected.

Fixed.

mdklatt
3/21/2006, 06:40 PM
I sympathize with the loss of her son, but she has exploited his death for her own personal gain and for the gain of her political position which is simply absurd.

I think other people have exploited her and her son for their own political gain. She doesn't seem to be getting anything out of the deal but public ridicule. And plenty of camera time, which is what all attention whores want.

1stTimeCaller
3/21/2006, 06:44 PM
When I was in the service the SGLI ( Servicemen's Group Life Insurance) would pay out a max of 250,000. I thought survivior of dead soldiers got a 'death benefit' from the Army of about $5k for a coffin and headstone. The $250,000 to my knowledge is not from the Army itself, just a life insurance policy that soldiers can buy just like any civilian can buy an insurance policy.

Now, him naming her as the beneficiary for his life insurance policy kinda blows holes in the theories that I've heard saying that he didn't like his mother .

I'm no Cindy Sheehan apologist but the facts are a bitch sometimes.

DeadSolidPerfect
3/21/2006, 06:57 PM
Fixed.
If my post is broken, I'll fix it. Thanks.

SicEmBaylor
3/21/2006, 06:58 PM
I think other people have exploited her and her son for their own political gain. She doesn't seem to be getting out of the deal but public ridicule. And plenty of camera time, which is what all attention whores want.

I'd agree with that were it not for one fact. Cindy Sheehan didn't just become a leftist the day her son died. She's been a radical leftist apparently her entire life. She's worked on various left wing causes as a foot soldier for decades.

That's why I don't buy the claim that she's just some innocent mother that the left-wing elite exploit for their own gain. She knows exactly what she's doing.

NormanPride
3/21/2006, 07:00 PM

Easy, buddy. You make it sound like I insulted your momma. :D

1stTimeCaller
3/21/2006, 07:01 PM
She's the NickZepplin of the anti-war crowd.

DeadSolidPerfect
3/21/2006, 07:07 PM
Easy, buddy. You make it sound like I insulted your momma. :D
The thing is, I had a dog fixed one time and he never came back near me the rest of his life.

mdklatt
3/21/2006, 07:20 PM
I'd agree with that were it not for one fact. Cindy Sheehan didn't just become a leftist the day her son died. She's been a radical leftist apparently her entire life. She's worked on various left wing causes as a foot soldier for decades.

I don't think she's smart/sane enough to be running anything. She is a mouthpiece. Even if she agrees with the political view of her handlers she's still being used. Anybody who cared about her would have to told her to STFU a long time ago. What's even more pathetic/idiotic are the people using her if they think she's a good spokesperson for their cause. The left-wing loonies are their own worst enemy.

VeeJay
3/21/2006, 07:22 PM
When are we gonna see Playboy's "Girls of Camp Casey?"

Sooner_Bob
3/21/2006, 07:23 PM
I don't agree with that sentiment at all, but we would have had a lot more National Guardsmen and the response to Katrina would have been a lot better were it not for this war. Our resources are spread thin.

How would more troops have helped in the response?

More troops would not have helped the state of Louisiana or the city of New Orleans in their preparation (or lack thereof).

Healthy people who ignore weather reports and don't leave do nothing more but get in the way of responders trying to assist those who actually need it. If those who were physically able to get out would've done so things would probably have been much smoother.

Nursing homes, hospitals and other medical care facilities not being prepared or not having adequate plans in place could not have been helped by additional soldiers on the ground in NOLA.

The stupidity of the local officials would not have been helped with additional soldiers.

My fellow officers in the USPHS were on the ground in the Gulf Coast within a day or two of the storms and lead a valiant public health response to this disaster. I saw and heard things that would only have been stopped or their affects lessened if the city and state would have been more prepared.

People continually blame the federal government for the debacles in the response, but often fail to realize that a city like NOLA should have been slightly more prepared than it was.

/off soap box :D

SicEmBaylor
3/21/2006, 07:35 PM
How would more troops have helped in the response?

More troops would not have helped the state of Louisiana or the city of New Orleans in their preparation (or lack thereof).

Healthy people who ignore weather reports and don't leave do nothing more but get in the way of responders trying to assist those who actually need it. If those who were physically able to get out would've done so things would probably have been much smoother.

Nursing homes, hospitals and other medical care facilities not being prepared or not having adequate plans in place could not have been helped by additional soldiers on the ground in NOLA.

The stupidity of the local officials would not have been helped with additional soldiers.

My fellow officers in the USPHS were on the ground in the Gulf Coast within a day or two of the storms and lead a valiant public health response to this disaster. I saw and heard things that would only have been stopped or their affects lessened if the city and state would have been more prepared.

People continually blame the federal government for the debacles in the response, but often fail to realize that a city like NOLA should have been slightly more prepared than it was.

/off soap box :D

In addition to all of that...

Sheehan called for US troops and National Guardsmen to be WITHDRAWN from Louisiana becuase she called it a "military occupation."

She is C-R-A-Z-Y

I don't think she's smart/sane enough to be running anything. She is a mouthpiece. Even if she agrees with the political view of her handlers she's still being used. Anybody who cared about her would have to told her to STFU a long time ago. What's even more pathetic/idiotic are the people using her if they think she's a good spokesperson for their cause. The left-wing loonies are their own worst enemy.

Yeah now that I agree with. She always had handlers around her who seemed to point her here and there.

GrapevineSooner
3/21/2006, 07:49 PM
The left-wing loonies are their own worst enemy.

Nothing like a useful idiot to provide ammo to the other side.

It's why I wish the right could excommunicate Pat Robertson and Ann Coulter. ;)

OklahomaTuba
3/21/2006, 08:23 PM
Momma Moonbat has pretty much alone destroyed any momentum or cred the anti-war (or pro-terror) movement could have had.

The fact that all those protests crowds are about half the size they were last year is very telling.

Also telling that hollywood can make a movie about this poor wacko, micheal moore's smear job, george cLoony's BS etc, yet they can't seem to make a movie showing some of the heroism of 9-11 or the heroism of our troops fighting the GWOT.

But don't question their patriotism, what ever you do.

3/21/2006, 08:30 PM
I don't think this woman is necessarily nuts, I just don't think she's all that smart. She's been taken advantage of by some very powerful people on the left. But that's nothing new, the left has been taking advantage of those with persecution complexes, with a corresponding sense of revenge and entitlement for years. It's how they get elected. Improved.

3/21/2006, 08:31 PM
Nothing like a useful idiot to provide ammo to the other side.

It's why I wish the right could excommunicate Pat Robertson and Ann Coulter. ;)Pat Robertson is a loose cannon. Ann Coulter is brilliant and fearless.:)

Sooner_Bob
3/21/2006, 10:09 PM

oh good grief . . . :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
3/21/2006, 10:30 PM

insurance is 250K...depending on how her son had his beneficiaries set up, any amount could have gone to either one of the parents, no idea who got what

my memory on this story is that the mother is older than the father, and the oldest surviving parent...when they are divorced, gets the "death gratuity", which is supposed to be for burial expenses, funeral, headstone, etc

that used to be somewhere between 6 and 10K, but I'm betting its a little higher now

usmc-sooner
3/21/2006, 11:55 PM

You know what I'm sure me and Carolina lost a lot of family in this war. We' ve both sacrificed and belong to a huge family that is the USMC. We've lost more than you can ever know but we've won more than you'll ever give us credit for.

I can't and wouldn't try to speak for Carolina but he's put in his time and I guarentee you one of his "sons" has probably paid the ultimate price. What I don't get about you crazy liberals is this idea that Marines would support a man who is sending them off to die in a crazy war.

I think it also speaks volumes how you so called liberals support the troops but in this same thread Herr say's he hasn't lost anyone he cares about. Makes me want to vomit.

SicEmBaylor
3/22/2006, 12:00 AM
You know what I'm sure me and Carolina lost a lot of family in this war. We' ve both sacrificed and belong to a huge family that is the USMC. We've lost more than you can ever know but we've won more than you'll ever give us credit for.

I can't and wouldn't try to speak for Carolina but he's put in his time and I guarentee you one of his "sons" has probably paid the ultimate price. What I don't get about you crazy liberals is this idea that Marines would support a man who is sending them off to die in a crazy war.

I think it also speaks volumes how you so called liberals support the troops but in this same thread Herr say's he hasn't lost anyone he cares about. Makes me want to vomit.

The thing is whether you belong to the Corps or not we've all lost family in this war as fellow Americans, and everyone in the nation should view it that way. And they should have enough respect for the fallen to respect the mission of those serving and those who have sacraficed.

I'm fine with those who opposed the war before it started; that was their right as Americans. But now that we are in it we need to support the mission until the job is done which is the BEST way to honor those serving and those fallen.

usmc-sooner
3/22/2006, 12:17 AM
I'm against this war and for bringing troops home and I sure as heck didn't lose anyone I love over there.

I'm sure you didn't

but I did

Sooner in Tampa
3/22/2006, 06:33 AM
insurance is 250K...depending on how her son had his beneficiaries set up, any amount could have gone to either one of the parents, no idea who got what

my memory on this story is that the mother is older than the father, and the oldest surviving parent...when they are divorced, gets the "death gratuity", which is supposed to be for burial expenses, funeral, headstone, etc

that used to be somewhere between 6 and 10K, but I'm betting its a little higher now
SGLI can be as high as 400k now...it depends on how much he selected.

No amount of money can replace a lost child, but what this woman has done for son's memory is sickening. As the father of 4 children, I can assure you that if I had a child in this war, I would be trying to find a way to actually HONOR their sacrifice. There is nothing that any one person can do that is more Honorable and selfless than to give ones life for their country. Politics aside, this is plain and simple the single greatest thing any man or woman could do.

I would not want the US to just pack up and leave Iraq after the lives, time, and money invested in our mission. I would be appalled if we left too early and all of these lives were lost for "nothing"...we need to see this through for the men and women who have given their lives and the families. We cannot let their losses be meaningless...and in my opinion if we just cut and run...ala Clinton in Somalia...then we do a great disservice to our folks in uniform.