PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see that Washington girl get flipped by LSU last night?

TopDaugIn2000
3/21/2006, 09:34 AM
DAYUM. LSU is out for KILLS. Don't know how that poor girl was able to get up and play!!!! OUCH!

Boomer.....
3/21/2006, 11:44 AM
DAYUM. LSU is out for KILLS. Don't know how that poor girl was able to get up and play!!!! OUCH!

Bunch of thugs!

TopDaugIn2000
3/21/2006, 12:09 PM
if you didn't catch it on one of the 974 replays last night on espn, you can go here (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/womenbb/index) and click on "LSU Takes Down Washington" under "Videos"

Newbomb Turk
3/21/2006, 12:29 PM
She was called for a foul too?! I know she had her arm in there, but she was just going for the rebound.

TopDaugIn2000
3/21/2006, 02:02 PM
She was called for a foul too?! I know she had her arm in there, but she was just going for the rebound.

yup, LSU girl got free throws.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/21/2006, 04:40 PM
How about the highlight of the Washington guard that committed a foul and got frustrated she slammed the ball down on the court and got a technical?

SicEmBaylor
3/21/2006, 05:23 PM
That's how Pokey rolls.

LSUdeek
3/21/2006, 05:35 PM
That's how Pokey rolls.

What more would I expect from a Baylor fan?

Mulkey-Robertson is a joke, btw.

TopDaugIn2000
3/21/2006, 05:46 PM
ok boys, don't turn my thread into a baylor/lsu bitch fest.

NormanPride
3/21/2006, 05:48 PM
Fowles looks like a man. A crack-addict homeless man.

LSUdeek
3/21/2006, 05:50 PM
Fowles looks like a man. A crack-addict homeless man.

She actually looks like that chick from Living Single and the Cosby Show, Erika Alexander.

NormanPride
3/21/2006, 05:57 PM
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Backstage/5118/erikaa.gif

versus

http://www.usabasketball.com/headshotswomen/fowles_sylvia.jpg

I guess I can see it. But that is the most flattering picture of her I could find. I've seen her in games, and it looks like a man playing with them. I feel sorry for her...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/21/2006, 06:19 PM
Kick their tiger-bait as*es in a couple of games!

LSUdeek
3/21/2006, 06:29 PM
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Backstage/5118/erikaa.gif

versus

http://www.usabasketball.com/headshotswomen/fowles_sylvia.jpg

I guess I can see it. But that is the most flattering picture of her I could find. I've seen her in games, and it looks like a man playing with them. I feel sorry for her...

It's the eyes, and the hair, and the serious looks that she has walking up and down the court. Dead ringer for the Max-to-Kyle serious looks they used to have all the time on that show.

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 07:20 PM
I hope we're the ones to send LSU down in flames.

Pure trash.

Tigah-bait this! :mack:

Their fans can't even spell right.
'Cept deek, I think
;)

SicEmBaylor
3/21/2006, 07:39 PM
What more would I expect from a Baylor fan?

Mulkey-Robertson is a joke, btw.

Yeah all of those state HS championships she won, national championships as a player, national championships as an assistant coach, and a national championship as head coach sure make her one hell of a joke Along with being the first woman EVER to win a national championship as a player and a coach.

I can understand opposing teams not liking her on the court antics, but I think they're effective and she's one hell of a coach. There's no denying that.

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah all of those state HS championships she won, national championships as a player, national championships as an assistant coach, and a national championship as head coach sure make her one hell of a joke Along with being the first woman EVER to win a national championship as a player and a coach.

I can understand opposing teams not liking her on the court antics, but I think they're effective and she's one hell of a coach. There's no denying that.

I like KM-R better than Porkey, FWIW. :eddie:

AllAboutThe'O'
3/21/2006, 08:12 PM
Didn't Pokey sort of pull a Phil Fulmer when the late, great Sue Gunter had to temporarily step down from her coaching duties because of her health situation? Don't think it was exactly like Fulmer replacing Johnny Majors at Tennessee, but when Pokey took over the Tigers went to the Final 4 and they gave her the full-time job after that. I don't know if Gunter was well enough to come back or not when Pokey got the head coaching job.

LSUdeek
3/21/2006, 10:26 PM
Didn't Pokey sort of pull a Phil Fulmer when the late, great Sue Gunter had to temporarily step down from her coaching duties because of her health situation? Don't think it was exactly like Fulmer replacing Johnny Majors at Tennessee, but when Pokey took over the Tigers went to the Final 4 and they gave her the full-time job after that. I don't know if Gunter was well enough to come back or not when Pokey got the head coaching job.

She wasn't. It was definitely planned that way and Sue of course died shortly after.

LSUdeek
3/21/2006, 10:27 PM

Along with those nasty recruiting tactics and elitism ("She hasn't earned the right to talk to me that way") she's clearly the total package. Skip Bertman even classified her as "highstrung".

http://www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?t=35471&highlight=kim+mulkey

Well here was my summary on the other board as I choose to see it

Let me summarize...

Beforfe the game, Pokey told KMR she's an *** for talking about her, KMR was not sure what she was talking about (perhaps because she's talked so much?)..

After a supreme *** whooping, no doubt worsened by the ill will before the game, KMR felt the need to knock Pokey down a little on teh social totem pole...so she told her 'you're too young and peon-ish to talk to me like that'.

Well anyone who's been spoken down to knows what happens next, you promptly tell that person to f-off..which Pokey did non-verbally by yanking her hand away from the shake and walking on. Basically a blow off.

This ****ed KMR off even more, so she tried to go behind PC's back to get some closure...asst. coach told her to f-off too.

Apparently this is really affecting KMR's mental aura...as she spews on about it on the jet back to any person sitting next to her (even if said person promised not to say anything when he got back to his keyboard)...more than likely bringing up the recruiting tactics on the ride home.

All in all...Pokey felt disrespected, told her so before the game - perhaps in a disrespectful manner in her own right - and after the game felt disrespected again by being told she hadn't earned anything.

Frankly, while I wouldn't advice Pokey to say anything to her...given the fact she did, I don't blame Pokey one bit for blasting that *** in the game and giving her the slip shake afterwards.

GO POKEY!!!

SicEmBaylor
3/21/2006, 11:23 PM
Here's the explanation of the flap from our side from of all things an LSU fan.
http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95532&highlight=Pokey

I just got home (in Waco) on the Baylor charter plane from B.R. I talked with KMR personally on the plane about the confrontation.

First, to the person on the other thread that said "I talk to someone who knew KMR and he said it was about LSU still shooting 3's at the end." That person sounded like they were quoting me since I said exactly that after the game to someone behind me in the stands. I was just speculating what had happened. At the time, I had not talked to Kim. After visiting with Kim, my speculation was not correct.

This is what happened. Before the game, Kim and Pokey were shaking hands and Pokey grabbed Kim's hand real hard and said something like, "look, I'm shaking your hand for the camera's and crowd's sake, but I don't like you and the things you have said about me and that you have done to me." Kim had no idea what Pokey was talking about, but blew it off for the time being.

After the game, Kim reached for Pokey's hand, congratulated her on the game and told her that she [Pokey] had not earned the right to treat Kim in that manner. Pokey raised her arm, brushed off Kim and told her to get lost. Kim then talked to an assistant coach, not Sharky, and Kim said Pokey needed to address in Pokey's press conference what Pokey said to Kim before the game. The assistant coach told Kim to shove it.

Kim walked off the floor. I like both coaches. I talked to Pokey after the game and said good game; however, I think her pre-game comments were totally unwarranted and classless. If she doesn't like Kim, she should act like a professional and keep her comments to herself. A pre-game handshake is not the time to confront another coach. I think Kim had every right to tell Pokey after the game that what Pokey said during the pre-game was inappropriate. Yes, Kim just had her arse handed to her in the game, by a clearly superior team, but there was no reason for Pokey to treat her like that.

Kim and Baylor agreed to this mid-season match-up, in Baton Rouge, against a clearly more talented LSU team. Kim deserved more respect from Pokey than a classless pre-game comment. Pokey owes Kim an apology.

As an aside, I know personally, from Kim, that Pokey was involved in a very suspicious recruiting of the Arlington, Texas player. A player that wanted to attend Baylor, but whose parents refused to let her go to Baylor and made her go to LSU.

That is the real story about what happened tonight. It came staight from KMR's mouth. I'm an attorney and I realize there are 2 sides to every story, but Kim has never lied to me before and I don't think she is lying this time.

I still like Pokey and I will continue to be a die-hard fan for LSU [boys and girls programs]. The players and Pokey were very gracious to me and my daughter after the game and I think the players exhibit a class program all of the time and the coach, most of the time. This time was not one of those.

By the way, I am a life-long LSU fan (since 1963), my daughter was an LSU ball girl at the game tonight and Kim still let us fly down to B.R. with the Baylor team knowing we were LSU fans. I think that shows what class and friendship mean.

sooner addict1890
3/21/2006, 11:35 PM
woah that flip was dirty...

LSUdeek
3/22/2006, 09:52 AM
Here's the explanation of the flap from our side from of all things an LSU fan.
http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95532&highlight=Pokey

That thread I posted contains that quote verbatim. IMO, It's a matter of Mulkey having talked about Pokey in the past to recruits and the media, and Pokey taking offense to it and probably acting a little unprofessionally.