PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of the Tulsa/Depaul game

RacerX
3/20/2006, 10:50 PM
It's on a little while LSUx and Dub are at half.

The male announcer on the broadcast team has an awful voice.

Okla-homey
3/20/2006, 10:55 PM
It's on a little while LSUx and Dub are at half.

The male announcer on the broadcast team has an awful voice.

he's from Mississippi. He can't help it.

Okla-homey
3/20/2006, 11:07 PM
FWIW I just wish TU sophomore C-USA player of the year Jillian Robbins didn't have the flu. She's flippin' amazing. She's also the reason they are where they are right now. DePaul is powerless against her. If she was feeling well this could be a 15 point game by now.

That said, they're all playing pretty well. 60% from the floor and owning Depaul inside.

TopDaugIn2000
3/21/2006, 09:30 AM
I was sure pulling for Tulsa on that one. Not sure why flippin ESPN showed the LSU game in okie land instead of this one :mad:

TopDawg
3/21/2006, 10:05 AM
Was it the same guy who did the Kentucky/MSU game?

Grimey
3/21/2006, 10:21 AM
man, I went to sleep thinking they had it won. Can't believe they blew it

OklahomaTrombone
3/21/2006, 01:27 PM
They didn't blow it.

If you saw that game then you would have never EVER said that they blew it.

You *******.

I watched 12 girls bawl their eyes out.

I watched 3 refs get influenced by a home crowd with three minutes left in that game.

colleyvillesooner
3/21/2006, 01:44 PM
wow

TopDawg
3/21/2006, 02:55 PM
wowow

Grimey
3/21/2006, 03:27 PM
They didn't blow it.

You *******.

I watched 3 refs get influenced by a home crowd with three minutes left in that game.

feel better dumbass? thanks for the unsigned neg spek:rolleyes:

I was pulling for them to win, and I thought they had it wrapped up. I was not happy to hear the next morning that they had lost. I didnt know the circumstances. It sucks that they had to play at Depauls home court in an NCAA tourney game.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/21/2006, 04:23 PM
They didn't blow it.

You *******.

I thought the NCAA was truly going to do away with teams getting to play at home for the women's tournament. In my mind, it won't be a true NCAA women's tournament until every team gets to play at a neutral site.

TopDaugIn2000
3/21/2006, 07:55 PM
I thought the NCAA was truly going to do away with teams getting to play at home for the women's tournament. In my mind, it won't be a true NCAA women's tournament until every team gets to play at a neutral site.

Purdue is playing at home right now. UCLA is up by 2 though.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/21/2006, 08:08 PM
Purdue is playing at home right now. UCLA is up by 2 though.
Ironically, UCLA is one of the reasons that the NCAA is trying to get all neutral sites for the women. A few years ago in the tourney, UCLA played at Alabama and there was a little controversy when a Bama player hit a last-second game-winning shot, but the timekeeper at the game held off on hitting the buzzer or didn't run out the clock fast enough or something like that. Selma or any other Bama fans on this board help me out on this one. Anyway, UCLA complained to high heaven and this game was apparently exhibit A in the fight to keep teams from playing on their home court during the tourney.
Also, Vanderbilt got to play at home last night, though it didn't do them a bit of good against UNC.

TopDaugIn2000
3/21/2006, 09:11 PM
UCLA can gripe again. They ended up losing. Couldn't hit the side of a barn at the end and Purdue made all their free throws.

FWIW, the Purdue coach has the SCREECHIEST (is that a word?) voice EVAR.

bigdsooner
3/21/2006, 09:17 PM
i swear that the tu girl didnt travel, i only saw it once, but i saw it live. was it a tt kinda call or was it a good call

AllAboutThe'O'
3/21/2006, 10:46 PM
FWIW, the Purdue coach has the SCREECHIEST (is that a word?) voice EVAR.
There's a report over the wire that Texas Tech received permission to interview her about replacing Sharp. So it may not be the last time we'll get to hear that voice.

OklahomaTrombone
3/21/2006, 11:25 PM
feel better dumbass? thanks for the unsigned neg spek:rolleyes:

I was pulling for them to win, and I thought they had it wrapped up. I was not happy to hear the next morning that they had lost. I didnt know the circumstances. It sucks that they had to play at Depauls home court in an NCAA tourney game.

**** off.

Grimey
3/22/2006, 02:15 PM
**** off.

blow me, trombone boy

RacerX
3/22/2006, 02:36 PM

Playing at home is awesome. If the top seeds earn it through the season..why not?

You won't see as many empty seats.

David Earl
3/22/2006, 02:37 PM
Cut the name-calling guys! That means cool it now or I'm reaching for my shoe.