PDA

View Full Version : Future Sooner Fan

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
3/20/2006, 07:13 PM
Well, my fellow Sooner fans, since the news has spread around most of Northeast Oklahoma, the entire Spanish speaking population of Oklahoma (I have my brother-in-law to thank for that:D ), as well as most of our family, I might as well inform the rest of the Sooner Nation. My wife and I are doing our part to populate the world with little Sooners. We are expecting our 1st in November. Despite the fact that she is a Poke:eddie: we have struck a compromise, I will allow the little one to be a Yankee and she will allow it to be a Sooner. She is due Nov. 17th, the day before Baylor. I was born on Oct 7, 1978. That very same day OU beat the hated Whorns 31-10. My father has told me many times that two great things happened that day, "OU beat Texas, and he had a son...not necessarily in that order" Perhaps the same will hold true for me. OU will win and I will have a healthly little Sooner Fan...not necessarily in that order:D Until then Boomer Sooner!!:D

fossil
3/20/2006, 07:18 PM
:hmfic: My most hearty congratulations my friend. Sounds like you're the master of the 'Poke' yourself. Great work and be sure and get that kid an OU t-shirt as soon as he comes into this world. Oh yeah, it wouldn't hurt for him to hear "Boomer Sooner" played over and over either.

TheGodfather889
3/20/2006, 07:32 PM
Well since were doing birth announcements.Me and my lady are due with our
2nd child on November 2nd and yes this is belated.

TheGodfather889
3/20/2006, 07:33 PM
Oh and congrats to the Original Poster.Glad you could compromise with your wife.

MiccoMacey
3/21/2006, 02:19 PM
Congrats to both of you.

And November 2nd is a GREAT day to have a child. :D

#1 SOONER FAN
3/21/2006, 02:32 PM
Well, congradulations, that's wonderful. I have a Sooner Son and WE have raised his sons to be Sooners also and wouldn't have it any other way. By the way, it makes Christmas and Birthday's easier to buy too. A few t-shirts and hats go a long way when they say OKLAHOMA on them.