PDA

View Full Version : Family heirlooms that you have or hope to get

royalfan5
3/20/2006, 11:37 AM
For me, I am hoping that I can jockey my way into getting my Paternal Grandpa's white naughahyde futon with a cowboy design stitched into it, his bull penis canes, and 50's 8mm pron. I will probably just end up with land from the other side and maybe my Great Grandpa's railroad retirement watch. That side has far less cool stuff.

picasso
3/20/2006, 11:40 AM
The family plantation. It needs some love but I'll get it there.

BeetDigger
3/20/2006, 11:48 AM
Bull penis canes. What conversation pieces they are. Everybody should have one for those awkward moments during a dinner party when the conversation lulls. Bring out your bull penis cane for hours of great conversation.

mrowl
3/20/2006, 11:51 AM
the family gas station sign from western OK... Old Texaco sign with family name on it.

HoserSooner
3/20/2006, 11:53 AM
My grandfather on my mom's side had a Ming-dynasty buddha which I want to get my mits on eventually.

Supposed to be priceless, so I won't be wanting it until the kids are out of the house. I've seen too many china cabinets hit the floor during house parties in my own teenage years.

SoonerWood
3/20/2006, 12:07 PM
My grandfather's collection of firearms.

1stTimeCaller
3/20/2006, 12:15 PM
I got my dad's La-z-boy chair and a big assed popcorn machine and an LC Smith shotgun and some rifles.

The most prized posession is a few letters from a GGG granddad that he wrote his sweetie when he was a POW during the Civil War.

sooneron
3/20/2006, 12:17 PM
My Mom's Degas, I guess.

Harry Beanbag
3/20/2006, 12:18 PM
My grandpa brought back a German rifle and German officer's dagger from WWII. My dad has them now, but I'll get them eventually.