PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday's Spring Practice update

Jay C. Upchurch
3/20/2006, 11:04 AM
Oklahoma's Tuesday practice will be held indoors at the Everest Training Center.

It will be CLOSED to the public.

OU SID

yermom
3/20/2006, 11:09 AM
i must have ESPN or something :D

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1255409&postcount=5

Jay C. Upchurch
3/20/2006, 11:50 AM
No doubt, wise beyond your years

picasso
3/20/2006, 12:28 PM
friend of mine's son, Dan Dixon, got another year of eligibility. good news eh.

IronSooner
3/20/2006, 12:47 PM
Jeez...my one solace in OU's early exit was that at least spring ball could take up the slack. I'm gonna need some practice reports soon. I'd hoped not to have to wait past Monday

yermom
3/20/2006, 12:55 PM
stupid rain... chose exactly the wrong time to come :mad:

Collier11
3/20/2006, 12:57 PM
the complete wrong time for the rain...I mean, unless we are considering that the entire state has been on FIRE for about a month now, but who needs rain?? ;)

The Consumate Showman
3/20/2006, 04:20 PM
Just a general question for discussion, but does our coaching staff try and simulate bad weather conditions in our practices? i.e. slippery fb's, wind, extreme cold, etc...

Remember the 2003 Big XII championship game? I remember riding to KC listening to Merv and they were talking about the weather and how it was soooo cold in KC and our guys had been practicing in the Everest Center and we went out and got our butts handed to us.

Do you guys think that was a factor in the game at all? KSU is going to be subjected to colder temps a lot more than OU and so they should be better prepared, naturally, for a cold game than an OU, UT, TT, or other South schools, right?

yermom
3/20/2006, 04:26 PM
it didn't seem to hurt us in 2000... although i guess we didn't have the Ev' then

yermom
3/20/2006, 04:27 PM
the complete wrong time for the rain...I mean, unless we are considering that the entire state has been on FIRE for about a month now, but who needs rain?? ;)

what's a little fire when we have football :D

BASSooner
3/20/2006, 05:31 PM
closed to the public ehh? Somethibg extreme must be happening in there...

CobraKai
3/21/2006, 09:29 AM
closed to the public ehh? Somethibg extreme must be happening in there...

I just hope they are perfecting a few trick plays...specifically I want to see the Statue of Liberty. And I want it playground style, where the QB stands there for about 6 seconds with the ball cocked, waiting for someone to come take it. Sure, we'll lose 14 yards on that play, but people will be talking about it for years to come. I would also like them to work in an all out blitz, playground style, where each and every player on defense blitzes.

Think about it.

Some play involving a hidden ball would be good too. <Brokeback mountain joke in 3....2.....1......>

Collier11
3/21/2006, 12:19 PM
I just hope they are perfecting a few trick plays...specifically I want to see the Statue of Liberty. And I want it playground style, where the QB stands there for about 6 seconds with the ball cocked, waiting for someone to come take it. Sure, we'll lose 14 yards on that play, but people will be talking about it for years to come. I would also like them to work in an all out blitz, playground style, where each and every player on defense blitzes.

Think about it.

Some play involving a hidden ball would be good too. <Brokeback mountain joke in 3....2.....1......>

Im pretty sure that the trick play they are perfecting is figuring out how Rhett can drink in public for the next 4 months without nobody knowing, it will be brilliant!

FlatheadSooner
3/21/2006, 01:06 PM
Im pretty sure that the trick play they are perfecting is figuring out how Rhett can drink in public for the next 4 months without nobody knowing, it will be brilliant!

Let's call it "the Silver Bullet".
:D

The Consumate Showman
3/21/2006, 01:09 PM
U.C.S.A.A.K.W.Y.H.Y.F. RHETT!!!

RiddlerOK
3/21/2006, 02:30 PM
Will that fit in the acronym dictionary?

stoopified
3/21/2006, 04:43 PM
U.C.S.A.A.K.W.Y.H.Y.F. RHETT!!!
OK,I am just a dumb f'ing hillbilly wtf does that alphabet acronym stand for?

OU Adonis
3/21/2006, 05:05 PM

wtf stands for what the F@#!

Your welcome

Scott D
3/21/2006, 08:26 PM

someone needs to watch more Guinness commercials.

The Consumate Showman
3/21/2006, 09:38 PM
for all you non guiness drinkers:

Use
Common
Sense
And
Always
Know
When
You've
Had