PDA

View Full Version : Everett...

soonermark
3/20/2006, 09:17 AM
weed. (http://www.oudaily.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2006/03/19/441e381c8ca63)

Mjcpr
3/20/2006, 09:18 AM
Color me shocked.

colleyvillesooner
3/20/2006, 09:56 AM
Sampson shouldn't have let him play in the tourney.

yermom
3/20/2006, 10:07 AM
lame.

i am kinda surprised he played, but not that surprised

it was nice to see they grouped him with Bomar

MojoRisen
3/20/2006, 10:09 AM
Yeah because in the 20s and prohibition- Weed was legal and beer was not!

WTF

crawfish
3/20/2006, 10:09 AM
*sigh*.

MojoRisen
3/20/2006, 10:17 AM
Smoking a Philies Blunt in your damn dorm/appartment- and getting busted because you stank up the neigborhood is no comparision to drinking 5 3.2 beers-

Everette- smoking the ganga is what made you complacent- will it kill you no- will it be bad for your liver like drinking beer no- will it make you not care as much- yes. Damn it man- at least listen to ROb Zombie ...

tnraider1
3/20/2006, 12:33 PM
How many players from the basketball team have been in trouble over drugs in the past 5 years? Seems to me like it has been quite a few.

yermom
3/20/2006, 12:37 PM
How many college students have been in trouble over drugs in the past 5 years? Seems to me like it has been quite a few.

yeah

OUstud
3/20/2006, 12:44 PM
Seriously? TE always looked alert and drug-free.

MojoRisen
3/20/2006, 01:10 PM
He must have been blunted to let a security guard search his house while he had a damn brick of weed on his TV.

colleyvillesooner
3/20/2006, 01:20 PM
So does this go on his official "turnover" stats? ;)

MojoRisen
3/20/2006, 01:50 PM
There has got to be some kind of way out of here - said Kelvin to his friends, there is too much confusion - they come and take my herb.

Sorry had too.

C&CDean
3/20/2006, 01:58 PM
This explains everything. Everett gave everybody else a contact high - therefore making the entire team play like Cheech y Chong.

Seriously, earlier this year when Everett was playing lights out one minute - then throwing the ball away on such stupid plays for the next 4-5 times down the court I said "he plays like a ****in' pothead. No concentration, doesn't seem to give a crap, just a glassy-eyed half smile going on without a clue."

boomersooner28
3/20/2006, 02:59 PM
Jabharri Brown reference in

ouflak
3/20/2006, 03:14 PM
http://www.ukflak.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/JabahriBrownies.jpg

TopDaugIn2000
3/20/2006, 03:29 PM
I just don't understand:
1. how this was kept so quiet
2. how he got to play

wow

Ardmore_Sooner
3/20/2006, 03:35 PM
He's in college, all college kids do it... :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
3/20/2006, 04:55 PM
does the university not conduct drug testing?

would seem to me they would or at least consider it

okienole3
3/20/2006, 05:00 PM

I thought they did. I thought that is what got J.R. Raymond kicked off the team. Regardless, Kelvin did not need this right now.

jk the sooner fan
3/20/2006, 05:01 PM
if the people of the state are paying for their education, i think its ok to expect them to be able to pass a routine (and recurring) drug test

MojoRisen
3/20/2006, 05:04 PM
How shocked are we that Kelvin let him play? Kid gets caught with a brick or partial brick of Weed- illegal and against NCAA rules to have in his system- and he plays??

Not to be a hater- but I don't think that was a wise decision when we are under investigation as it is...

william_brasky
3/20/2006, 05:13 PM
Did the athletic department know about this before the NCAA tournament? That's a big question. I'm shocked that he would be allowed to play in the tourney.

Jimminy Crimson
3/20/2006, 05:15 PM
I'd say D-1 athletes in football and basketball smoke the most weed of any group in society.

william_brasky
3/20/2006, 05:21 PM
I'd say D-1 athletes in football and basketball smoke the most weed of any group in society.

I'd go with Reggae Band Members.

SoonerShark
3/20/2006, 06:23 PM
It's good that he did not sell marijuana before transferring to OU, then Eddie Sutton would have offered him a scholarship.

yermom
3/20/2006, 06:30 PM

with all the recent drug charges just between OU and Texass in the last few years, i'm guessing they don't

Plasma, Beverage, Hunter Wall...

they got caught by the police, right? i'm guessing if they were being drug tested that they would have been caught by the school before that

tulsaoilerfan
3/20/2006, 07:01 PM
Geez, if this was known beforehand and he still played in the NCAA tourney, i'm very disappointed in the powers that be at OU.

john

TopDaugIn2000
3/20/2006, 07:06 PM
it happened SATURDAY night BEFORE the tourney on THURSDAY. HOW COULD THEY NOT KNOW!?!?!?!?!?!

NormanPride
3/20/2006, 07:45 PM
it happened SATURDAY night BEFORE the tourney on THURSDAY. HOW COULD THEY NOT KNOW!?!?!?!?!?!

Kelvin was on the phone with someone else? :D

TopDaugIn2000
3/20/2006, 07:51 PM
heh

SoonerStud615
3/20/2006, 08:49 PM
That's weak of Terrell though. Basically half of my high school basketball team is hooked on weed, but they at least quit during the season.

wishbonesooner
3/20/2006, 09:20 PM
I've defended Kelvin in the past, but I'm starting to wonder about his ethics. No way Everett should have played. Our program does not need this now.

william_brasky
3/20/2006, 09:22 PM
http://www.mycleanhouse.com/images/logo.jpg

Soonerus
3/20/2006, 09:24 PM
No surprise...

CtheB
3/20/2006, 09:29 PM
Look, I've been as critical of Sampson as anyone, but in this situation, I'll give him benefit of the doubt that he made the right decision about TE. If I'm wrong, it won't be the first or last time, and I'm sure someone here will let me know.

If there was impropriety in this deal, there is little to keep character from coming into question.

Crimsontothecore
3/20/2006, 11:14 PM
It's good that he did not sell marijuana before transferring to OU, then Eddie Sutton would have offered him a scholarship.
Eddie WAS going to offer a scholarship........but he was too drunk to remember.

Paperclip
3/21/2006, 12:16 AM
So the question is, did this only come out now since we lost or would it have still come out this week if we were preparing for the Sweet 16?

CtheB
3/21/2006, 12:20 AM
So the question is, did this only come out now since we lost or would it have still come out this week if we were preparing for the Sweet 16?

martin..you want to take this one? :P

oumartin
3/21/2006, 12:23 AM
to be honest I'm not quite sure. If I were a bettin' man I'd put my money on the not coming out until after OU was eliminated. You can guarantee however that one Sampson knew of this situation before their first round game in the NCAA tourney. why Sampson didn't step up and make Everett take a **** test or why he didn't sit his arse on the bench is the burning question. Who was it not so many years ago that loved the weed and sampson gave them the boot. another #3 if I'm not mistaking.

GottaHavePride
3/21/2006, 12:54 AM
JR Raymond.

william_brasky
3/21/2006, 07:16 AM
well, just read the paper. Sampson and Joe C. said nobody knew.

oumartin
3/21/2006, 07:33 AM
I will keep my fingers crossed that Joe C. gives sampson a public show of support!!!! ;)

CtheB
3/21/2006, 08:19 AM

Strange, but this apparently happened the same night as the Bomar incident, and the Bomar incident was front page news in 72 hours. Maybe they were just busy.

william_brasky
3/21/2006, 08:20 AM
article also said that Sampson was "traveling on business."

william_brasky
3/21/2006, 08:21 AM
Strange, but this apparently happened the same night as the Bomar incident, and the Bomar incident was front page news in 72 hours. Maybe they were just busy.

alot of people probably saw the Bomar incident. T. Ev was just chillin' at his crib.

CtheB
3/21/2006, 08:37 AM
Regardless, it's sad, it seems like we have a marijuana issue with a player every other year.

CtheB
3/21/2006, 08:38 AM
to be honest I'm not quite sure. If I were a bettin' man I'd put my money on the not coming out until after OU was eliminated. You can guarantee however that one Sampson knew of this situation before their first round game in the NCAA tourney. why Sampson didn't step up and make Everett take a **** test or why he didn't sit his arse on the bench is the burning question. Who was it not so many years ago that loved the weed and sampson gave them the boot. another #3 if I'm not mistaking.

Drew Lavender? JR Raymond was #11 wasn't he?

RacerX
3/21/2006, 01:57 PM

That's just sad.

SoonerBBall
3/21/2006, 02:15 PM
For everyone that thinks Kelvin wouldn't have booted TE if he knew about the weed, just remember the J.R. Raymond situation. He booted Raymond right before a huge game not long before the tournament, and at that point Raymond was one of the two best players on our team, if not the very best.

snp
3/21/2006, 03:02 PM
Regardless, it's sad, it seems like we have a marijuana issue with a player every other year.

What constitutes a marijuana issue? Getting caught with it?

Becuase if just smoking it makes it an issue, then over half of our basketball and football players have issues.

I'd rather them be smoking then boozing. Smoking won't be giving you a hangover like alcohol. You might have the ****s because of all the chocalate covered cheetos you ate the night before, but at least you can play.

oumartin
3/21/2006, 03:06 PM
i disagree SoonerBBall!
I could be wrong but I dont' really think Sampson gave a rip this year. Whether it be the NCAA probe or whatever He wasn't the same coach on the bench this year. Not much fire. He seemed to be lost in it all this year.
this is not a bash on him.
I think that this year pushed him over the edge. another reason i think he leaked out the leaving info.

jk the sooner fan
3/21/2006, 03:20 PM

Becuase if just smoking it makes it an issue, then over half of our basketball and football players have issues.

I'd rather them be smoking then boozing. Smoking won't be giving you a hangover like alcohol. You might have the ****s because of all the chocalate covered cheetos you ate the night before, but at least you can play.

can you have one or two beers without getting drunk? i would submit that you can

can you smoke one joint without getting high? unless you're smoking pure shake, i would submit probably not...

when i see a serious stoner, the words "successful athlete" dont generally come to mind.....

snp
3/21/2006, 03:24 PM
can you have one or two beers without getting drunk? i would submit that you can

can you smoke one joint without getting high? unless you're smoking pure shake, i would submit probably not...

when i see a serious stoner, the words "successful athlete" dont generally come to mind.....

Smoking a joint isn't comparable to drinking a beer. Taking a hit of a joint is a better comparison.

But just because you're a serious stoner doesn't mean you can't be a great athlete. Ricky Williams, Randy Moss, Nate Newton, (God that sounds like a police lineup) and several of our best OU players get high.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/21/2006, 03:53 PM
Sampson needs to consider not recruiting the Shire folk any more. That pipeweed will bring you down like Orc bane.:D

SoonerBBall
3/21/2006, 04:18 PM
i disagree SoonerBBall!
I could be wrong but I dont' really think Sampson gave a rip this year. Whether it be the NCAA probe or whatever He wasn't the same coach on the bench this year. Not much fire. He seemed to be lost in it all this year.
this is not a bash on him.
I think that this year pushed him over the edge. another reason i think he leaked out the leaving info.

I think the team cashed it in this year before Kelvin did. In fact, I think that was the reason that Kelvin didn't seem all that worried about losing. There were a few of our guys who wanted to win, but besides Bookout, none of them were our leadership.

TheBigRedMachine
3/21/2006, 08:51 PM
[Mr. Garrison] Marijuana is bad. [/Mr. Garrison]

Cam
3/21/2006, 09:04 PM
Are the seriously trying to get us to believe that NPD wouldn't call sombody at the athletic department regarding this for over 5 days?

william_brasky
3/21/2006, 09:24 PM
Are the seriously trying to get us to believe that NPD wouldn't call sombody at the athletic department regarding this for over 5 days?

that sort of question did cross my mind.

oumartin
3/21/2006, 09:28 PM
Lack of institutional control i tell ya

Sooner04
3/21/2006, 10:21 PM
Everett would have to get caught ten more times to be in JR Raymond's company.

CtheB
3/21/2006, 10:31 PM

What constitutes a marijuana issue, to me, is getting your name in the headlines with the word "marijuana" somewhere in the story.

That being said, I snorted my Sprite when I read "chocolate covered cheetos". I mean, you can do that with Coke, but Sprite burns terribly. Thanks for the third degree burns.:)

CtheB
3/21/2006, 10:32 PM

True, I think JR may have gone "Scarface" on a few bowls of the stuff.

sanantoniosooner
3/21/2006, 10:37 PM
I'd rather them be smoking then boozing.
Why that particular order?

and why both? Is one vice not enough for you?

okienole3
3/21/2006, 10:50 PM

Exactly

Sooner24
3/22/2006, 12:37 AM

If that's the case Sampson isn't very smart. At least by kicking TE off the team he would have had an excuse for the crappy play against Nebraska and UW-Milwaukee.

yermom
3/22/2006, 07:25 AM
it was after the Nebraska game (can you really blame him?)

but i get the point :D

snp
3/22/2006, 01:00 PM
Why that particular order?

and why both? Is one vice not enough for you?

Pot is not going to give you the hangover alcohol will. That's why.

And a lot of these guys have been smoking for years. I'm not expecting them to all of a sudden change. Plus, these are college kids. Let them have their fun.

sanantoniosooner
3/22/2006, 07:55 PM
Pot is not going to give you the hangover alcohol will. That's why.

And a lot of these guys have been smoking for years. I'm not expecting them to all of a sudden change. Plus, these are college kids. Let them have their fun.
That sound was my post going over your head.

"Smoking THEN boozing" implies doing both in a particular order.

"Smoking THAN boozing" implies one rather than the other.

My apologies to all that I had to explain this.

snp
3/23/2006, 01:48 AM
That sound was my post going over your head.

"Smoking THEN boozing" implies doing both in a particular order.

"Smoking THAN boozing" implies one rather than the other.

My apologies to all that I had to explain this.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6721/emotnazi3tn.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Sorry I messed up my comparitive adjectives...

I have no preference to their order of pot or booze.

Crimsontothecore
3/23/2006, 11:55 AM
It's unfortunate for Everett and Bomar that they weren't busted in Stillwater. The police there would have helped them to their cars and everyone would label them as "victims".
Pretty funny to see the osu boards light up about Everett and Bomar. They have suddenly changed how they feel about alcohol and drugs (i.e. Sutton and Curry).
No love whatsoever!