PDA

View Full Version : Sooner recruits inelgible?

OU_PhD
3/19/2006, 10:05 PM
Read on some other boards that James, Clark and Mayfield won't qualify academically for next season... Anyone else heard ANYTHING about this?

crawfish
3/19/2006, 10:09 PM
I heard that James qualified months ago. Mayfield is in a prep school and it's hard to imagine he won't qualify. Clark was still not qualified the last I heard.

CtheB
3/19/2006, 10:18 PM
I heard that James qualified months ago. Mayfield is in a prep school and it's hard to imagine he won't qualify. Clark was still not qualified the last I heard.

crawfish, after seeing Keith Clark a few times this year, and the antics that come along with him, don't you see Clark and Sampson being another train wreck?

Frozen Sooner
3/20/2006, 01:11 AM
Out of James' own mouth a couple of months ago he qualified and will be on campus in June.

Mayfield's prep school may not pass academic muster.

Clark...I don't know the kid personally, but I don't know that I like what I've heard.

crawfish
3/20/2006, 08:27 AM
crawfish, after seeing Keith Clark a few times this year, and the antics that come along with him, don't you see Clark and Sampson being another train wreck?

I have a difficult time seeing him making it here, although I DO think he's one of those kids talented enough that you take a chance on.

Didn't know about Mayfield's prep school. Truth is, he was a probable redshirt next year anyway (as a fairly raw recruit). We're in on a JUCO big man who may fit the bill.

Rhino
3/20/2006, 12:15 PM
Moose would probably do well do be sent to a real prep school (not these flash-in-the-pan prep schools) or a JUCO with a real disciplinarian as a coach.

Outside the game, he's your average teenage kid. During the game, he's needs a big kick in the butt - Burtschi definitely wasn't going to do that.