PDA

View Full Version : You may have seen this already...

goingoneight
3/19/2006, 04:48 PM
But nevertheless, you'll like it...
Gives you that good old feeling again that Bob will come through in 2006...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HCPSryPyRE&search=ou%20football

Flagstaffsooner
3/19/2006, 05:15 PM
I've seen it but, SWEEEEET!

sooner518
3/19/2006, 05:23 PM
man, Heupel threw an ugly ball, but man that was a great year.

Newbomb Turk
3/19/2006, 05:27 PM
The east side of the stadium looks funny without the upper deck.
JT Thatcher was a heck of a returner.
AD is a superstar, but Q was special.
It all starts at QB - Josh was the man.
What a ball hawking defense - they absolutely stuffed the Noles.

goingoneight
3/19/2006, 05:52 PM
I knew you'd like it... I just knew ya would!
Josh didn't throw an ugly ball, he just got in a rush at times. That video showed a pretty damn good 30+ yard TD pass among others. He didn't put the perfect spiral on it like Jason White did, but there again, who does-- you can count them on one hand. Thing is, he may not have moved well, and he may have rushed a bit, but look where he got the team. Would you rather have an outstanding quarterback (aka Vince Young) coaching, or one who knew what had to be done. One who didn't get nervous, over-excited, depressed, angry and bull headed.
That video alone tells me that while JH wasn't exactly a 6'7'' 220lb. QB, destined for NFL greatness, but he is for certain going to win plenty more titles in his coaching day.

Sooner47
3/19/2006, 07:54 PM
I get chills every time I watch that. I could watch it a thousand times and never get tired of watching that team play. Truly a season for the ages.

yermom
3/19/2006, 08:43 PM
we miss you LASooner :(

http://lasooner.net/

i was having issues watching that from youtube, but you can download the video from the above link

man, i forgot how insane our YAC was that year, and man, how many Touchdowns did TD Snatcher get?

TheLadiesMike
3/19/2006, 09:03 PM
we miss you LASooner :(

What happened to him??? :confused:

yermom
3/19/2006, 09:11 PM
he's busy or something and not making a video this year :(

i'm assuming he's in good health, etc...

SoonerMooner
3/19/2006, 10:01 PM
Awesome. We definately need to bring that feeling back.

bigdsooner
3/19/2006, 10:15 PM
thanks fer the clip, hadnt seen it before

Octavian
3/19/2006, 10:24 PM
<prayer> Thank you Lord for allowing me to be born into an OU family and not an OSU family <prayer>

man...we're lucky. Most fans across the country (regardless of the sport) don't ever get to celebrate a championship. Even fewer get to follow a team for months that was as special as the 2000 team. Just think of how many fanbases have never seen their program win it all....

that said, I really hope to see #8 before too long.

OU-HSV
3/19/2006, 10:53 PM
First time I've seen that vid. Thanks for posting it GO8. Damn did Q have some amazing runs or what!

TheGodfather889
3/20/2006, 12:10 AM
There's no place like 2000.

Ardmore_Sooner
3/20/2006, 01:25 AM
I got goosebumps...... wow. It's hard to believe I was in 8th grade and when the season started Bill Clinton was still president!

salth2o
3/20/2006, 09:34 AM
I never get tired of watching that video. The Defense that year was awesome! IMO in the last few years our defense has been good, but not dominating like the 2000 team, and I think that alone has cost us #8 and maybe #9.

OKC-SLC
3/20/2006, 09:38 AM
I'd put that team against any in history and feel pretty good about my chances. What a perfect mix of all the right ingredients.

I must say, our defense sure did like to score points.

southern sooner
3/20/2006, 10:51 AM
Chills and thrills..... Man if that doesnt get your heart rate up nothing will.... Still get a bit nervous every time I watch the A&M clips even knowing the outcome, that was a close one for us...

Blues1
3/20/2006, 10:58 AM
That 2000 Team was Walkin - Talkin' - Running - Passing - Blockin' Rockin --"Sooner Magic"

goingoneight
3/21/2006, 10:56 PM
I never get tired of watching that video. The Defense that year was awesome! IMO in the last few years our defense has been good, but not dominating like the 2000 team, and I think that alone has cost us #8 and maybe #9.

yes.
yes.
dunno about #9... That was the first game I ever saw Jason White just flat suck in. Nothing worked beyond that first TD drive. Oh, Lord how painful was that night at home.

I totally agree about the defense, I'm glad someone noticed this. It seems to me that Brent Venables always puts on a god rush D, but the pass coverage and tackling have sucked very badly since Mike Stoops left. I know it was Mikey who made the difference, because regardless of how bad his Win/Loss ratio is over in Arizona, his D still kicks @$$!

BV only brings half of what I think OU needs. He brings in excellent recruits and puts a great rush D on. OU/***** 2004 was a good example of that, containing VY isn't easy as you all know. But where has our tackling skills gone? Shoulder checks are fun to watch, but they don't get the job done, bringing down the carrier. BV should remain where he stands, and Bob should bring in a little of his Florida-style D to perfect it. I dunno, I guess that's why I'm not in charge, but I say our D could stand to be soooo much better. If we had a 2000-2003 OU caliber defense, we would have given aTm, OSU, and Texass a whole lot more of a nightmare in 2004, and TCU, UCLA, Nebbish, Baylor, T Tech and KU would have never been in the game in 2005.

Here's to 2006, may we pull another miracle season (OU 1999, 7-5 to OU 2000) out of our @$$es.

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 11:27 PM
There's no place like 2000.

['tuesday people']quit living in the past![/'tuesday people']

:mack:

swardboy
3/22/2006, 10:35 AM
That was "then"
This is "now"
That's Oklahoma football!

Bob isn't just a master coach, he touched the psyche of the "monster" and unleashed it....here's to '06!