PDA

View Full Version : Burn ban over?

Jerk
3/19/2006, 04:31 PM
I want to light something up!

Cam
3/19/2006, 04:35 PM
Nope.

Burn ban still on (http://newsok.com/article/1791420/?template=home/main)

oumartin
3/19/2006, 04:38 PM
as i was oogling tara bloom this morning i think Jonathan Conder says its still on!

walkoffsooner
3/19/2006, 04:39 PM
fire it up.Water standing on ground safe as ever.Get a ticket burn it to.

OUAndy1807
3/19/2006, 04:57 PM
if they take the burn ban off, I'll be camping this weekend. I haven't been camping in like 6 months because of this stupid drought.

Newbomb Turk
3/19/2006, 04:57 PM
die burn ban.

Time for some ribs on the smoker.

OUAndy1807
3/19/2006, 04:59 PM
Time for some ribs on the smoker.
that too.

Newbomb Turk
3/19/2006, 05:03 PM
if they take the burn ban off, I'll be camping this weekend. I haven't been camping in like 6 months because of this stupid drought.

Brokebac... nevermind. ;)

olevetonahill
3/19/2006, 05:13 PM
It is for me . been raining for 3 days here . tell the Gov to call me Ill tell em its ok ;) course I live so far in the sticks the burn cops cant find me .
Just use common sense , even befor the ban when I had to burn something I had plenty of water handy and a few friends to call if needed :cool:

Flagstaffsooner
3/19/2006, 05:31 PM
It is for me . been raining for 3 days here . tell the Gov to call me Ill tell em its ok ;) course I live so far in the sticks the burn cops cant find me .
Just use common sense , even befor the ban when I had to burn something I had plenty of water handy and a few friends to call if needed :cool:You may resume lighting farts, f*ing hillbilly.;)

olevetonahill
3/19/2006, 05:41 PM
You may resume lighting farts, f*ing hillbilly.;)
YMSSRR
I quit that after I had no hair left on my *** !;)
I leave it all up to Tailwind :D

GottaHavePride
3/19/2006, 05:49 PM
as i was oogling tara bloom this morning i think Jonathan Conder says its still on!

Like Donkey Kong! Bring the Freaking Pain!

Jerk
3/19/2006, 05:57 PM
Crazy! There is now new water standing on top of old water. In fact, there is so much water that it has no place to go anymore except on top of more water. And we can't burn!!!? I want to burn!!

Okla-homey
3/19/2006, 06:03 PM
Its been raining like a cow p1ssing on a flat rock here in Tulsa for the better part of two days and two nights. Get me Brad Henry on the phone. If he insists its still on, I say we go ahead and secede and become the Kansas bootheel up here.

IB4OU2
3/19/2006, 06:05 PM
I tried to light my brushpile but the match wouldn't stay lit.......:mad:

olevetonahill
3/19/2006, 06:06 PM
Its been raining like a cow p1ssing on a flat rock here in Tulsa for the better part of two days and two nights. Get me Brad Henry on the phone. If he insists its still on, I say we go ahead and secede and become the Kansas bootheel up here.
You want to be any part of kansas ?:eek:
Just go ahead and burn ,if anyone says anything have em contact me ! :cool:

Mjcpr
3/19/2006, 06:08 PM

Ch 8 weather guy just said no because this is only a drop in the bucket. We're behind about 18" for the year and we've gotten only 1.28" of rain for the weekend. I figured it'd be way more than that.

What a whiner. All they've said for weeks is we need a few days of a good soaking rain and we get one then they act like it's nothing. STFU....if we got 18" of rain over the weekend, we'd all be floating away.

:rolleyes:

Okla-homey
3/19/2006, 06:15 PM
You want to be any part of kansas ?:eek:
Just go ahead and burn ,if anyone says anything have em contact me ! :cool:

No, I don't realy want to be part of Kansas, but at least they don't have a burn ban. OTOH, if Tulsa was annexed by Kansas, TU would be the best college football team in the state...which is a plus.;)

Jerk
3/19/2006, 06:16 PM
Ok, Homey, I love reading your post and agree with most everything you say (if you consider that good) but man, secede Tulsa to KANSAS! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? Tulsa is Oklahoma's only bright spot. It is our cultural center. It is our Atlantas, our Mecca, our Timbuctoo, all rolled into one shining city in the hills. Tulsa is the heart and soul of Oklahoma. You can not give it to Kansas, and besides, Kansans don't have concealed carry and they drive real slow.

TopDaugIn2000
3/19/2006, 06:18 PM
so normanites, how much rain have we gotten so far?????

olevetonahill
3/19/2006, 06:18 PM
No, I don't realy want to be part of Kansas, but at least they don't have a burn ban. OTOH, if Tulsa was annexed by Kansas, TU would be the best college football team in the state...which is a plus.;)
And just what is wrong with being second behind OU ? Kansas almost sucks as bad as that :texan: place ;)

Okla-homey
3/19/2006, 06:25 PM
Ok, Homey, I love reading your post and agree with most everything you say (if you consider that good) but man, secede Tulsa to KANSAS! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? Tulsa is Oklahoma's only bright spot. It is our cultural center. It is our Atlantas, our Mecca, our Timbuctoo, all rolled into one shining city in the hills. Tulsa is the heart and soul of Oklahoma. You can not give it to Kansas, and besides, Kansans don't have concealed carry and they drive real slow.

I agree. i forgot about the lack of concealed carry up there. If we have to secede over the burn ban, we'll just call ourselves "Bartlesvillania" or something and start our own state. We will not allow Stoolwater to be a part of it however. I nominate you for Secretary of Transportation.

Mjcpr
3/19/2006, 06:27 PM
I nominate you for Secretary of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

Good choice.

:D

Okla-homey
3/19/2006, 06:27 PM
And just what is wrong with being second behind OU ? Kansas almost sucks as bad as that :texan: place ;)

dang that's harsh. it wouldn't be like joining it up with our neighbors to the east (Waltonsaw) or anything.

walkoffsooner
3/19/2006, 06:51 PM
I drove by State capital looks like they were burning trash in back must be ok.

BudSooner
3/19/2006, 07:41 PM
I drove by State capital looks like they were burning trash in back must be ok.

Gov Henry and his family had Mary Fallin over for a cookout, Brad was demonstrating his talent for lighting farts....and set Mary on fire.

Bbq!!!!!!!:mack:

TopDaugIn2000
3/19/2006, 08:02 PM
hehehehehe

Jerk
3/19/2006, 08:07 PM
Good choice.

:D

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a gov't agency.

BudSooner
3/19/2006, 08:30 PM
I may sneak out in the middle of the night and start cooking some brisket...any takers??

BajaOklahoma
3/19/2006, 09:31 PM
Love Field got over 7 inches of rain this weekend.
I haven't heard the official total at DFW yet.

The streets around the AACenter are flooded, limiting access to I-35. Think of all of those fans having to use alternate routes to get where they want to go - wait, most of them are whorns, so I don't care.

The water in the street is up to the curb. The small lake at the park by my house is overflowing into the creek and the fields around it. The fishing dock is underwater, as are the benches around the lake. I would take pictures, but it is too dark and the rain is heavy at the moment.

A woman was swept away by water in Turtle Creek this afternoon. And we are to get more rain at midnight.

GottaHavePride
3/19/2006, 10:17 PM
i forgot about the lack of concealed carry up there.
Actually a concealed-carry bill is sitting on the governor's desk awaiting a signature. And if she dosn't sign it, the house and senate passed the bill with WAY more than the 2/3 necessary to override her.

Jimminy Crimson
3/19/2006, 11:31 PM

Coke all over monitor! :texan:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/19/2006, 11:45 PM
Coke all over monitor! :texan:That white powder is gonna be a beyatch to clean

Jimminy Crimson
3/19/2006, 11:50 PM
That white powder is gonna be a beyatch to clean

tru dat. i'm just gonna invite the olsen twins over to clean it up :D

RacerX
3/20/2006, 01:09 PM
I'm grillin' tonight.

Call the cops!