PDA

View Full Version : Top 100 risers/fallers in NFL draft - VY Falls to 11

The VIIIth
3/19/2006, 12:37 PM
FOXSports.com

Courtesy NFLDraftScout.com.

Risers
Mario Williams -- North Carolina State pass-rushing defensive end Mario Williams is being viewed as an immediate impact prospect whose value may be better than that of Virginia offensive tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson. The question for the team picking is whether they want to protect their own quarterback or beat up on the opposing passer. It's a tossup who should be No. 2 at this point.

Jason Allen -- Scouts concerns are healed now. Tennessee defensive back Jason Allen skyrocketed back into first round territory when he quieted concerns about his injured hip. He had one of the more dominant showings at the Combine. A possible top ten pick before the injury, Allen finished among leaders in 40 yards (4.39 seconds), short shuttle (3.83) and vertical jump (39.5 inches).

Chad Jackson -- Blazing through 40 yards in 4.32 seconds at Indy certainly made Florida wide receiver Chad Jackson a standout in a position that is unusually light on talent this year.

Fallers
Vince Young -- OK, how much first round payroll would you gamble on a project? Texas quarterback Vince Young didn't do himself any favors by not working out at the Indianapolis Combine. This left teams seriously considering if they want to spend a high draft pick on a potential quarterback project with no perspective on his ability to possibly fit in at another position. His March 22 Pro Day may be key.

Santonio Holmes -- Even after running 4.31 and 4.35 at his Pro Day, Ohio State wide receiver Santonio Holmes stock remained on the fall, a descent that began when he did not work out at Indy while Florida's Chad Jackson took part and showed that he is not only bigger, but perhaps faster. Jackson's 4.32 on the Indy surface still trumps Holmes' home turf Pro Day timings.

Chad Greenway -- Iowa outside linebacker Chad Greenway still needs to show scouts he has the natural strength to hold up in the NFL. He benched 225 pounds only 16 times at the Combine.

Claude Wroten -- LSU defensive tackle Claude Wroten could regret option for Pro Day workout over Combine show. At his March 4 Pro Day, he showed average strength with and then pulled a hamstring in his first 40 run

Ko Simpson -- Pro football is a complicated game teams want to be sure top draft picks can assimilate a lot of information quickly, meaning they need to communicate well. South Carolina free safety Ko Simpson, considered by some to be a possible first round pick, struggled during team interviews at the Combine and could be passed by other safeties who improved their stock in Indianapolis.

Derek Hagan -- Timing is everything and Arizona Stat wide receiver Derek Hagan's clock is off a tick. He continued his post-season struggles with drops at the Combine. After a disappointing week at the Senior Bowl, he dropped several more passes during combine drills, though he did run better (4.46) than expected.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5408684:mack:

FlatheadSooner
3/19/2006, 10:54 PM
Kick while they're up..........kick while they're down.

Tee Hee Hee.

:)

Tear Down This Wall
3/20/2006, 10:30 AM
Look, I'm the biggest non-believer in Vince Young there is. I sat in the stands at the Cotton Bowl in 2004 and watched an OU team full of future NFL draft picks shut him out and he tried in vain to actually execute a game plan. However, I don't think there's any way he slips to 11 in the draft.

The majority of an NFL franchise's income is derived from its share of TV money. That's what keeps slackers like Arizona's Bidwell family in the game. So, some team will be able to gamble on Vince. Believe me, folks, these owners crying "poverty" and "gamble" is ridiculous. None of them lose money. And, T.O. is back, so please spare me the "gamble" non-sense. I've said it before and I'll sya it again, Vince Young will be like Michael Vick - a vehicle for the NFL to sell jerseys.

Beano's Fourth Chin
3/20/2006, 11:23 AM
Ron is already taken. Perhaps he could go by, "Stan Mexico."

OUstud
3/20/2006, 06:26 PM
"Uncle" Rico Mexico?

Aries
3/21/2006, 08:12 AM
If he falls to number 11, then he falls at least to 12. The Rams have the 11th pick, and there is absolutely zero chance they take Vince Young.