PDA

View Full Version : Beer glass collection banned from kitchen

exokie
3/19/2006, 10:41 AM
I'm certain this is a common problem. I need an attractive, yet inexpensive cabinet to house my burgeoning collection of pilfered beer glasses. Something with a glass front and adjustable shelves. Any suggestions.

RacerX
3/19/2006, 10:44 AM
First, we need pictures.

exokie
3/19/2006, 10:47 AM
I've got about twenty beer glass of varying shapes and sizes. I just need something to keep them in. Wife has suggested the garbage.

SoonerWood
3/19/2006, 11:00 AM
buy some hardwood and build it. :D

http://www.plansnow.com/craftcurio.html

exokie
3/19/2006, 11:19 AM
Such a creation of mine would be banned from the domicile upon completion.
Woodworking is not my forte. I'll make the rounds of the consignments furniture places.

Mjcpr
3/19/2006, 11:23 AM
Is your wife our very own BajaOklahoma?

If so, just do what she says and move along. :)

exokie
3/19/2006, 11:39 AM
No, but she is from Frederick originally. I'm told this is the epicenter of Okiedom.

Tiptonsooner
3/19/2006, 12:43 PM
I live about 15 miles from this "epicenter", and it is.

BajaOklahoma
3/19/2006, 01:10 PM
Is your wife our very own BajaOklahoma?

If so, just do what she says and move along. :)

:(

Howzit
3/19/2006, 01:15 PM
Wife has suggested the garbage.

Di. Vorce.

;)

Okla-homey
3/19/2006, 01:33 PM
Simple, even for one with no woodworking skillz. Just put up a nice shelf in "your space." Couple of brackets and a nice stained and varnished 1x12 board to match your decor. You could even attach decorative moulding to the edge. Five board feet oughtta be plenty.

That's what I'd do if Mrs Homey banished my glassware from a cupboard she granted me in her kitchen.

Jimminy Crimson
3/19/2006, 04:05 PM
New wife? :D

fadada1
3/19/2006, 04:41 PM
anyone still have the original star wars glasses from burger king??? those are fine china in my book.

BajaOklahoma
3/19/2006, 07:21 PM
My husband always suggests the box green plastic box for storing my collections. You know the one, it goes out by the curb every week. :(

Good thing I have lots of experience ignoring him.

Okla-homey
3/19/2006, 07:25 PM
My husband always suggests the box green plastic box for storing my collections. You know the one, it goes out by the curb every week. :(

Good thing I have lots of experience ignoring him.

please Lord, no "Precious Moments" figurines. Lladro or Hummel I can live with, but not the sickly sweet PP heads. Yikes.

BajaOklahoma
3/19/2006, 07:30 PM
I collect Santas - both fingures and ornaments. I also have the OU Santas that sit on the bookshelves in the den all year long. They make me smile, so I leave them there.

He thinks I have too much stuff. I paid for them. He can stuff it.
Seriously.

Okla-homey
3/19/2006, 07:36 PM
I collect Santas - both fingures and ornaments. I also have the OU Santas that sit on the bookshelves in the den all year long. They make me smile, so I leave them there.

He thinks I have too much stuff. I paid for them. He can stuff it.
Seriously.

I can dig it. Mrs Homey digs Santa's too. She keeps a couple out all year.

BeetDigger
3/19/2006, 09:33 PM
I've got about twenty beer glass of varying shapes and sizes. I just need something to keep them in. Wife has suggested the garbage.

She clearly does not understand men. It is in our genetics to steal beer glasses. They should take a place of honor in the kitchen. I would say that you should have included this in the pre-nup, but I thought all women knew that men collected stolen beer glasses.

(note: I am a manager at work and have an advanced degree in business from one of the best schools in the world, yet I state the above with complete seriousness. Not only that, I type this while wearing a wife-beater. You can take the man out of the country, but you can't take the hillbilly out of the man.):texan:

sooner n houston
3/19/2006, 09:55 PM
http://www.dearmanmoving.com/trash_can.jpgSave your self the frustration and years of aggervasion, put it here NOW!!!