PDA

View Full Version : ncaa wrestling championships-after further review...

stonecoldsoonerfan
3/19/2006, 12:27 AM
churella of michigan got HOSED. not once, but TWICE by the refs. should have gotten 3 instead of two on the nearfall and then that %&$^*@#! "takedown" after that. dude should have won. you should have heard how loud the boos were when they awarded that medal to hendricks during the commercial break. basically the only people that were cheering were the oSu fans. everyone else was booing hendricks.

too bad a guy has to work that hard all year long to get screwed twice by the refs. if he's not wrestling against an OU wrestler next year, i'll definitely be cheering for him.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/19/2006, 01:35 AM
churella of michigan got HOSED. not once, but TWICE by the refs. should have gotten 3 instead of two on the nearfall and then that %&$^*@#! "takedown" after that. dude should have won. you should have heard how loud the boos were when they awarded that medal to hendricks during the commercial break. basically the only people that were cheering were the oSu fans. everyone else was booing hendricks.

too bad a guy has to work that hard all year long to get screwed twice by the refs. if he's not wrestling against an OU wrestler next year, i'll definitely be cheering for him. Why do you suppose the ref made not one, but 2 bad calls? It's not like aggy needed that match to win the tournament. If that's the best officiating in the nation, the wrestling officials are as bad as those in football.:eddie:

BajaOklahoma
3/19/2006, 02:55 AM
My husband was p!ssed over that. He said it was one of the worst he has ever seen in wrestling.

stonecoldsoonerfan
3/19/2006, 07:01 AM
Why do you suppose the ref made not one, but 2 bad calls? It's not like aggy needed that match to win the tournament. If that's the best officiating in the nation, the wrestling officials are as bad as those in football.:eddie:

must have been the same refs that did the texas tech football game last year. ;)

3/19/2006, 10:57 AM
must have been the same refs that did the texas tech football game last year. ;)Or the RRS nearly EVERY year.:mad:

soonerjoker
3/19/2006, 01:10 PM
didn't look good, but, i'm not gonna whine about the refs.

3/19/2006, 02:50 PM
didn't look good, but, i'm not gonna whine about the refs.:P Others will whine, whilst you simply pine.

Taxman71
3/20/2006, 07:35 AM
I like the Hendricks kid and was rooting for him, but if he was not pinned at the close of the second period, the definition of a "fall" has changed. Both his shoulder blades were flat.

3/20/2006, 01:16 PM
I like the Hendricks kid and was rooting for him, but if he was not pinned at the close of the second period, the definition of a "fall" has changed. Both his shoulder blades were flat.:eddie: Poor Churella went from winning the match by fall, and becoming a national champion, to getting screwed by the ref. I heard that Michigan was making an official protest. No wonder Hendricks got all those boos as he ran around the arena.:eddie:

MiccoMacey
3/20/2006, 01:31 PM
Were you at the tournament?

We were sitting in Section 115. Got to see stonecold soonerfan (albeit from a distance). Would have loved to meet other soonerfan members.

3/20/2006, 01:53 PM
Were you at the tournament?

We were sitting in Section 115. Got to see stonecold soonerfan (albeit from a distance). Would have loved to meet other soonerfan members.No, I just saw the finals on TV. Tell stonecold she's being snobby not to answer my question.(probably still angry with me). It's sad the chronic drop in the Sooner wrestling program. I guess we need a new coach. Please don't say "Well, we came in 2nd or 3rd. That's pretty good" Not a single NC, and aggy pretty much doubling our score. Won't bring in many new fans!

Taxman71
3/20/2006, 03:57 PM
Scroll down for the video of Hendricks nearfall:

http://www.mgoblog.blogspot.com/

stonecoldsoonerfan
3/20/2006, 06:30 PM
No, I just saw the finals on TV. Tell stonecold she's being snobby not to answer my question.(probably still angry with me). It's sad the chronic drop in the Sooner wrestling program. I guess we need a new coach. Please don't say "Well, we came in 2nd or 3rd. That's pretty good" Not a single NC, and aggy pretty much doubling our score. Won't bring in many new fans!

get your facts straight. oSu didn't "pretty much double our score" or anyone elses. and yes, we came in 2nd or 3rd is exactly what i'm going to tell you. just because we didn't win it all isn't a reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater and say our program sucks like you're basically doing right now.

btw, the avatar is my wife. she doesn't like your posts either. :D :P

3/20/2006, 09:41 PM
btw, the avatar is my wife. she doesn't like your posts either. :D :PYou've had a while to indoctrinate her. I'm sorry you guys have become closet aggy fans.:eddie:

stonecoldsoonerfan
3/20/2006, 10:08 PM
yep, rooting for what's best is making us "closet aggie fans". btw, she has one masters from OU and is halfway to another.

are you anything more than an aggie hater? are you an actual OU fan? can't see it so far....

3/20/2006, 10:39 PM
yep, rooting for what's best is making us "closet aggie fans". btw, she has one masters from OU and is halfway to another.

are you anything more than an aggie hater? are you an actual OU fan? can't see it so far....Are you OK?

GDC
3/21/2006, 04:03 AM
Over in the sponsor's forum some of our enlightened Sooner brethren are playing the wrestling is ghey card, and I'm willing to bet none of them were athletes of any type.

Growing up in Greece we always said the men wrestled, the boys played football, and the girls played basketball.

Perhaps we should wrestle sometime. Do you like the taut roundness that exercise brings to the buttocks? Do you enjoy the warmth of the Mediterranean sun on that self-same place? I once wrestled a man on the steps of the Acropolis, when the sun was at its height, wearing only what God sent me into the world with. Can you picture that? That's where we'll wrestle, my semi-Grecian lad. That's where I'll make a man of you.

stonecoldsoonerfan
3/21/2006, 07:16 AM
Are you OK?

nice way to avoid the response. i'm doing great, thanks for asking. my wife is doing well too. how bout u?

3/21/2006, 10:27 AM
nice way to avoid the response. i'm doing great, thanks for asking. my wife is doing well too. how bout u?Sooner Fan, good to hear it, and fine.

GDC
3/22/2006, 12:29 AM
Here's another one.

right on, jk

besides, I don't just think Sooner wrestling/fans are gay. I think ALL wrestling is gay.

MiccoMacey
3/24/2006, 03:04 PM
Over in the sponsor's forum some of our enlightened Sooner brethren are playing the wrestling is ghey card, and I'm willing to bet none of them would say that to a wrestler.

Fixed. :D

GDC
3/24/2006, 03:26 PM
So Micco, should they have nailed Konrad for stalling? My dad officiated for 30years and he was beside himself. He believed in forcing them to actually wrestle.

MiccoMacey
3/24/2006, 06:17 PM
So Micco, should they have nailed Konrad for stalling? My dad officiated for 30 years and he was beside himself. He believed in forcing them to actually wrestle.

What nerve your dad had...making those poor overweight kids actually wrestle. Doesn't he know that lard-asses like Konrad could have a heart attack by exerting too much stress by, say, actually attempting a move?

Cain Velasquez from Arizona State was the better wrestler in the semi's. No doubt. He was thiiiiiiiiis close to winning, which means Mocco probably would have won his third title, which means OU would have finished in second place.

It's strange...in all my years of wrestling, I've never had anyone come up to me or any other wrestler and proclaim "You're gay because you wrestle". Never to my face.

Thank Goodness we have the anonymity of the internet to hide behind.

usmc-sooner
3/26/2006, 11:45 PM
I thought Mocco should have been awarded a stalling point, but like MM said that's pretty much heavyweight wrestling. Basically leaning on each other and in the end just stalling.

Although when I was in HS we had a heavyweight who was just a big guy and in really good shape and strong, he would really work some of the fat boys.

MiccoMacey
3/27/2006, 12:30 AM
What year?

usmc-sooner
3/27/2006, 12:40 AM
my soph yr 87

MiccoMacey
3/27/2006, 04:32 PM
Quitones (sp)??????

usmc-sooner
3/27/2006, 06:14 PM
Quitones (sp)??????

check your spek

MiccoMacey
3/28/2006, 10:09 PM
Got it. I thought he was a litle older than that.

Still we have the third most returning points, behind Minnesota (way out there with like 80 something) and OSU (who are just a few points ahead).

Looks like third again, unless some more guys can step up.