PDA

View Full Version : AGGY HEAVYWEIGHT GASSES OUT-NO 3PEAT

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/18/2006, 10:06 PM
Iowa transfer and 2 time hwt. champion Mocco gasses out in overtime, losing to Minnesota wrestler. HA HA!:D

stonecoldsoonerfan
3/18/2006, 11:23 PM
this was NOT funny. if mocco would have won, OU would have placed 2nd as a team in the nation. konrad of minn. won. that put minn. ahead of OU in the verrrrrrry last match of the tourney. OU took 3rd instead of 2nd because of that loss.

3/19/2006, 01:31 AM
this was NOT funny. if mocco would have won, OU would have placed 2nd as a team in the nation. konrad of minn. won. that put minn. ahead of OU in the verrrrrrry last match of the tourney. OU took 3rd instead of 2nd because of that loss.Who didn't know that? I got more satisfaction out of seeing the aggy flame than us coming in a far distant second, rather than a far distant third. In fact, I LMAO when the fool announcer said that OU fans would be in the unusual position of having to pull for aggy over Minnesota, so we might come in 2nd. I would have pulled for ANYONE BUT AGGY to beat Minnesota.:eddie:

stonecoldsoonerfan
3/19/2006, 07:00 AM
personally, i would have rather us come in a distant 2nd myself, but that's just me.

3/19/2006, 10:55 AM
Who's gonna ask "Who was 2nd in wrestling in '06"?

GDC
3/19/2006, 12:49 PM
Konrad should have been nailed for stalling.

soonerjoker
3/19/2006, 01:08 PM
must congratulate OSU for 4 in a row !!!

3/19/2006, 02:53 PM
must congratulate OSU for 4 in a row !!!OK, now go congratulate the whorns for their football title!!!:eddie: :mack:

stonecoldsoonerfan
3/19/2006, 05:36 PM
Who's gonna ask "Who was 2nd in wrestling in '06"?

last i knew, 2nd was better than 3rd.

MiccoMacey
3/19/2006, 10:28 PM
last i knew, 2nd was better than 3rd.

I agree.

Whether Mocco wins or loses, he'll be considered one of the better HWT wrestlers ever. This wasn't rooting for Aggy. It was rooting for OU to beat Minnesota.

I'll never ever ever ever ever understand how someone can hate something else so much that they'd rather lose themselves in order for their enemy to lose.

It's exactly like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Have your opinion william favor, but I think that's just really really really stupid.

3/20/2006, 12:53 AM
I agree.

Whether Mocco wins or loses, he'll be considered one of the better HWT wrestlers ever. This wasn't rooting for Aggy. It was rooting for OU to beat Minnesota.

I'll never ever ever ever ever understand how someone can hate something else so much that they'd rather lose themselves in order for their enemy to lose.

It's exactly like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Have your opinion william favor, but I think that's just really really really stupid.Not a problem. I think your opinion isn't worth so much either. I don't see any value in coming in second, when we are such a distant 2nd or 3rd that we are off the radar screen. We already lost before that heavyweight match. If an aggy win would propel us ahead of them, then I would root for that poor, misguided soul. Capiche?:eddie:

stonecoldsoonerfan
3/20/2006, 01:10 AM
Not a problem. I think your opinion isn't worth so much either. I don't see any value in coming in second, when we are such a distant 2nd or 3rd that we are off the radar screen. We already lost before that heavyweight match. If an aggy win would propel us ahead of them, then I would root for that poor, misguided soul. Capiche?:eddie:

maybe teyon should have just stayed home and not wrestled, seeing we were a distant 2nd or 3rd?

3/20/2006, 01:15 AM
maybe teyon should have just stayed home and not wrestled, seeing we were a distant 2nd or 3rd?I think that's kind of silly.

3/20/2006, 01:45 AM
Hey, stone cold, is your avatar a photo of you? If so, we might have known each other at OU in the mid to late '60's. Apologies for not remembering your name.

stonecoldsoonerfan
3/20/2006, 09:30 AM
I think that's kind of silly.

it's the same reasoning you're using. why show up if 2nd or 3rd doesn't count for anything?

Taxman71
3/20/2006, 09:57 AM
I will admit that wrestling is the one sport that I honestly pull for OSU when not competing directly with OU. John Smith is a hometown guy and is classier than the rest of Stillwater combined. IMO, their wrestling program has never had the same wannabe, punk attitude that their football and basketball programs have.

That being said, I was pulling for Mocco because it helped OU, helped John Smith-led OSU and I always pull for the southern teams over the yanks up north. Plus, I would hate to see Mocco in a bar and admit I rooted against him.

FYI - I hope they lose every game in football and basketball every year.

3/20/2006, 11:26 AM
I will admit that wrestling is the one sport that I honestly pull for OSU when not competing directly with OU. John Smith is a hometown guy and is classier than the rest of Stillwater combined. IMO, their wrestling program has never had the same wannabe, punk attitude that their football and basketball programs have.

That being said, I was pulling for Mocco because it helped OU, helped John Smith-led OSU and I always pull for the southern teams over the yanks up north. Plus, I would hate to see Mocco in a bar and admit I rooted against him.

FYI - I hope they lose every game in football and basketball every year.I was at OU when aggy had Roderick as coach, and many of their wrestlers would stall their a**es off, and usually get away with it. Besides, we were as good or better than aggy in wrestling when I was in school. It was great fun to see our teams wrestle with Wayne Wells, Brian Rice, Cleo McGlory, Greg Ruth, David McGuire, Mike Grant, etc. I'm not such an aggy wrestling fan as you are. Maybe John Smith is a good guy, but that possibility doesn't make me sorry that I rooted AGAINST AGGY(not for Minnesota) at the HWT match. Besides, I had the satisfaction of getting my wish. Incidently, my distaste of things aggy was reinforced in the 165lb match where the aggy was simply handed the title.:eddie:

MiccoMacey
3/20/2006, 01:29 PM
It was great fun to see our teams wrestle with Wayne Wells, Brian Rice, Cleo McGlory, Greg Ruth, David McGuire, Mike Grant, etc.

I wrestled against Cleo's son when I was in HS in '82 or '83.

Incidently, my distaste of things aggy was reinforced in the 165lb match where the aggy was simply handed the title.:eddie:

I tend to agree that he got some very questionable calls both in that match and in the semi's.

But he got those because he constantly hustled throughout those matches. If you are the aggressor, you get some benefits of doubt.

Either or, I'm glad you're a wrestling fan and look forward to some wrestling discussions with you. It's always good to get opposing view points.

No harm meant in my previous comments. We just disagree on that. But I think we both agree we like to root for OU.

3/20/2006, 01:46 PM
I wrestled against Cleo's son when I was in HS in '82 or '83.

I tend to agree that he got some very questionable calls both in that match and in the semi's.

But he got those because he constantly hustled throughout those matches. If you are the aggressor, you get some benefits of doubt.

Either or, I'm glad you're a wrestling fan and look forward to some wrestling discussions with you. It's always good to get opposing view points.

No harm meant in my previous comments. We just disagree on that. But I think we both agree we like to root for OU.I question why he was given not one, but two dubious calls, which cost Churella the championship. Hendricks was more the aggressor, but THE DUDE GOT PINNED, and they made him Natl Champ!!! I didn't even see the semis! It's sad that OU isn't really competitive any more. I have always liked the sport.

Taxman71
3/20/2006, 02:28 PM
Actually, I think OU is close to competing for an NC. Noone else sniffed OSU this year and will they have to reload next year. However, it would be hard for a top recruit to say no to John Smith. OU loses Ware but has good experience coming back.

As for Hendricks, I thought he was pinned, but his style should be the standard, not the exception. He wrestles agressively like Pat Smith, John Smith, etc. did, and tries to win with takedowns, not riding points and escapes. I thought the heavyweight match was a letdown overall. I watched Konrad in the semi's and finals and got to see one takedown....in the 6th overtime in the finals.

3/20/2006, 02:55 PM
Actually, I think OU is close to competing for an NC. Noone else sniffed OSU this year and will they have to reload next year. However, it would be hard for a top recruit to say no to John Smith. OU loses Ware but has good experience coming back.

As for Hendricks, I thought he was pinned, but his style should be the standard, not the exception. He wrestles agressively like Pat Smith, John Smith, etc. did, and tries to win with takedowns, not riding points and escapes. I thought the heavyweight match was a letdown overall. I watched Konrad in the semi's and finals and got to see one takedown....in the 6th overtime in the finals.I will admit that aggy doesn't stall as consistently as they used to in the old days, but that doesn't make me like 'em any better...esp.after that referee"home cookin'" where Churella had his title match taken away from him, and handed to aggy. We're doomed to leftovers 'til we get a new coach, I think.

Taxman71
3/20/2006, 03:22 PM
The only way to solve the stalling problem is to award penalty points (which Hendricks used to win by 1 point in the semis) or eliminate riding time as the deciding factor in overtime (after 6th overtime). Three periods and 6 OT periods without a takedown is ridiculous and only slightly more entertaining than soccer.

3/20/2006, 03:27 PM
The only way to solve the stalling problem is to award penalty points (which Hendricks used to win by 1 point in the semis) or eliminate riding time as the deciding factor in overtime (after 6th overtime). Three periods and 6 OT periods without a takedown is ridiculous and only slightly more entertaining than soccer.Yeah, why is it those huge guys don't really wrestle, but just push each other around?

Taxman71
3/20/2006, 03:41 PM
I think more penalty points should be awarded not just for retreating, but not taking shots. However, I do not want the sport to become quasi-boxing like when the outcome is based solely on judges. However, wrestling for 11 minutes and simply pushing the other guy away and playing for OT riding time is bad. Dr. Death and Mitch Shelton could have both given Konrad a good run for his money.

Hendricks probably should have lost, but I love his style of wrestling.

3/21/2006, 10:52 AM
Well, buh-bye to wrestling for the '05-'06 season.