PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa restaurant review - Jamil's

Okla-homey
3/18/2006, 09:10 PM
Okay, I know a lot of you natives have prolly been to this place a lot over the 60 years its been in existence, but may I say simply...OMG!

check it out...best KC strip I've had since places I've payed waaay more on the Plaza in KC.

Also, too...much...food. We brought half our steaks home. Check it out if you've not been there, go back if you haven't been there in a while. Also, we highly recommend the "B's Special" cocktail.

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/117/jamils7dx.jpg

TopDaugIn2000
3/18/2006, 09:17 PM
I like it on occasion. When I worked in OKC we were about a block from the one on Lincoln and 50th. Hit it for lunch once in a while. They make a helluva bacon cheeseburger. Seriously. YUMM.

GottaHavePride
3/18/2006, 09:18 PM
Heh. All those *s. Obviously, they know how to cook their steaks.

Okla-homey
3/18/2006, 09:20 PM
Got ours medium rare = warm red center. :D

KC//CRIMSON
3/18/2006, 09:29 PM
I'm a "Silver Flame" man myself.

Okla-homey
3/18/2006, 09:32 PM
I must say my SC wife thinks its rather comical that Okies will go to a restaurant and pay to eat grilled boloney. (see above menu)

bigdsooner
3/18/2006, 09:37 PM
went there once with my old company, i had the t-bone, it was damn good. when i went, there were no substitutes on the menu, whatever came with the meal was what you got. is it still that way?

Okla-homey
3/18/2006, 09:45 PM
went there once with my old company, i had the t-bone, it was damn good. when i went, there were no substitutes on the menu, whatever came with the meal was what you got. is it still that way?

yep...tabouli, a plate of green onions, radishes, carrots and celery, hummus, pita bread, then the salad (all romaine), a cabbage roll, then a basket of short ribs and smoked baloney, then your steak and baked potato. I'm telling ya, you better wear your "fat pants" to that joint.

bigdsooner
3/18/2006, 09:55 PM
yep...tabouli, a plate of green onions, radishes, carrots and celery, hummus, pita bread, then the salad (all romaine), a cabbage roll, then a basket of short ribs and smoked baloney, then your steak and baked potato. I'm telling ya, you better wear your "fat pants" to that joint.

no doubt, it was great food. i brought some of my steak home, we went to the wagoner vs i think cushing bball playoff game in manford (dante swanson played in it, he was a freak). i was miserable for the 1st half, but after the gas cut loose, i was just fine :D

Okla-homey
3/18/2006, 09:59 PM
no doubt, it was great food. i brought some of my steak home, we went to the wagoner vs i think cushing bball playoff game in manford (dante swanson played in it, he was a freak). i was miserable for the 1st half, but after the gas cut loose, i was just fine :D

prolly no one noticed. Few places are funkier than a packed-out HS basketball gym on a winter night.;)

bigdsooner
3/18/2006, 10:02 PM
prolly no one noticed. Few places are funkier than a packed-out HS basketball gym on a winter night.;)

:D

tulsaoilerfan
3/18/2006, 10:08 PM
So i take it there will be no Jamil's Steakhouse bathroom humor here, eh?:D

Mjcpr
3/18/2006, 10:15 PM
I should probably give it another shot.....I just always felt a Lebanese restaurant wasn't the best place to go for a steak but what do I know?

Tabouli is good stuff, hummus not so much. Maybe that's what turned me off.

bigdsooner
3/18/2006, 10:16 PM
So i take it there will be no Jamil's Steakhouse bathroom humor here, eh?:D

not like the ryans story. i unloaded outside, threw my clothes away and drove home naked :D :O