PDA

View Full Version : What REALLY p*sses me off...

BASSooner
3/18/2006, 02:11 AM
Where's the faith in our team? Now I'm not saying NOBODY has faith in our football team but, I've heard lots of bad tones from guys in here and it just makes me sick. What a lot of people do not know is that we DO have talent on the team. The team is infested with it. All our guys need to do is come together as a team, a family. Lots of texas fans can say they have tons more talent than we do. NOT true. We are equal to them in talent. We just have a better edge, coaching. Heck we may slightly have more talent than they do. That doesn't matter. All our team needs to do is wake up. Even this team being so young, they are capable of doing so much, and yes winning a national championship. We're just that damn good. We're OU. That's what we do.

Don't think so? Laugh, scold me, I really don't care. I think this team can do it. I have the faith. Ya with me? Sure hope so.

Boomer Sooner 2006

Let's take it all home

SicEmBaylor
3/18/2006, 02:15 AM
I haven't really heard too many doomsayers on here about the football team. The basketball team on the other hand...

You guys were a young team last year breaking in a new QB who was following in the footsteps of one of OU's greatest. Bomar, along with the rest of the team, got progressively better as the season went on.

You'll get progressively better during Spring practice, and hopefully by the start of the season you'll be ready to kick *** and take names (except for ours). I wouldn't worry about it too much; I think you're going to have a great season.

OUGreg723
3/18/2006, 03:02 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BASSooner again.

Flagstaffsooner
3/18/2006, 05:19 AM
I have faith that we will kick all butts next year. Happy now.

william_brasky
3/18/2006, 07:27 AM
How does one hear people's tones on here? Is this some feature I haven't figured out yet?

william_brasky
3/18/2006, 07:29 AM
Oh, and concering the upcoming season. We could run the table or lose up to 3 games tops. Should be a fun season. Out.

AlbqSooner
3/18/2006, 07:44 AM
How does one hear people's tones on here? Is this some feature I haven't figured out yet?
You have to be a sponsor to get that.

Scott D
3/18/2006, 01:42 PM
Where's the faith in our team? Now I'm not saying NOBODY has faith in our football team but, I've heard lots of bad tones from guys in here and it just makes me sick. What a lot of people do not know is that we DO have talent on the team. The team is infested with it. All our guys need to do is come together as a team, a family. Lots of texas fans can say they have tons more talent than we do. NOT true. We are equal to them in talent. We just have a better edge, coaching. Heck we may slightly have more talent than they do. That doesn't matter. All our team needs to do is wake up. Even this team being so young, they are capable of doing so much, and yes winning a national championship. We're just that damn good. We're OU. That's what we do.

Don't think so? Laugh, scold me, I really don't care. I think this team can do it. I have the faith. Ya with me? Sure hope so.

Boomer Sooner 2006

Let's take it all home

Nobody told you to actually 'listen' to anything Nick says in this forum. If anything, I think last year proved he was being prophetic about the basketball program when he kept talking about the football program.

Big Red Ron
3/18/2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah, if you put little nicky on your ignore list, things really brighten up over here.

BASSooner
3/18/2006, 03:09 PM
eh it wasnt just nicky(although i knew he had no faith) it was some other ppl too.

oumartin
3/18/2006, 03:11 PM
The OU football program is in Shambles!!!!!

BASSooner
3/18/2006, 03:14 PM
AHHHH CURSE YOU!!!!!!;)

oumartin
3/18/2006, 03:15 PM
you cannot excel at more than one sport. We are a womens basketball college.

Get with the program! :D

KC//CRIMSON
3/18/2006, 06:28 PM
The OU football program is in Shambles!!!!!

your wife has bird legs.:D

oumartin
3/18/2006, 06:30 PM
I wish she'd start eating like a bird again! ;)

KC//CRIMSON
3/18/2006, 06:37 PM
I wish she'd start eating like a bird again! ;)

ZANG!

NickZeppelin
3/18/2006, 06:40 PM
Since when has talent won anything? Arguably our least talented team won a national title.

Big Red Ron
3/18/2006, 06:55 PM
Since when has talent won anything? Arguably our least talented team won a national title.I'm not so sure about that... Calmus, Q, Woolf, Cody, Strait, T-Marsh...ya see where I'm going here. There were others that either played in the NFL or were very close on that team.

oumartin
3/18/2006, 06:57 PM
Nick swings and misses again!

bigdsooner
3/18/2006, 07:01 PM
me thinks its more like nick struck out lookin on 3 straight pitches

NickZeppelin
3/18/2006, 07:13 PM
How many of those guys had as much HS hype as some of the lower rated players on last years team?

KC//CRIMSON
3/18/2006, 07:25 PM
http://flatrock.org.nz/topics/flying/assets/hindenburg.jpg

Big Red Ron
3/18/2006, 07:25 PM
Hype does not equal talent young grass hopper.

oumartin
3/18/2006, 07:26 PM
I think lucy pulled the ball away again!

Jason White's Third Knee
3/18/2006, 08:32 PM
I say we go undefeated, so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

bigdsooner
3/18/2006, 08:55 PM
http://flatrock.org.nz/topics/flying/assets/hindenburg.jpg

i relly, relly like kc//crimson's unbiased opinion of lil nick posts :D :D

so i thought it deserved another look :D

NickZeppelin
3/18/2006, 09:51 PM
Hype does not equal talent young grass hopper.

I think in the case of last year talent wasn't the problem. We had more talent then the coaches knew how to deal with.

bigdsooner
3/18/2006, 10:10 PM
I think in the case of last year talent wasn't the problem. We had more talent then the coaches knew how to deal with.

it was inexperience at key positions...namely qb and wr, not to mention AD being hurt. how the hell can you not see these things:confused: :confused:

FlatheadSooner
3/18/2006, 10:15 PM

Boomer Sooner 2006

Let's take it all home

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.
;)

Seriously, I think OUr chances are good and I can't wait to get ROLLING!!

oumartin
3/18/2006, 10:28 PM
I think Nick is Bent that Chuck Long is gone..

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/18/2006, 10:32 PM
a couple of blocks over schwartz was getting his...

oumartin
3/18/2006, 10:46 PM
oh, i chuckled!

Jason White's Third Knee
3/19/2006, 10:28 AM
it was inexperience at key positions...namely qb and wr, not to mention AD being hurt. how the hell can you not see these things:confused: :confused:

The O line was a huge issue. If I am a D coodinator and see that line blocking for a RSfreshman qb, I release the hounds.

NickZeppelin
3/19/2006, 12:58 PM
The O line was a huge issue. If I am a D coodinator and see that line blocking for a RSfreshman qb, I release the hounds.

Next year won't be much better because we lose 4 starters from the end of last year.

bigdsooner
3/19/2006, 01:35 PM

yeah, i forgot about the oline issues. that was gawdaweful to watch the 1st half of the season. which game was it that bomar just got buried on a hit, i think it was ut or ucla?

MojoRisen
3/19/2006, 01:36 PM
UCLA

NickZeppelin
3/19/2006, 02:39 PM
Both.

goingoneight
3/19/2006, 04:41 PM
I think Nick is Bent that Chuck Long is gone..

He is rather bent that we still have that dang old Bob Stoops coaching. Shoot, we'll never do anything great with him, eh Nick?

mojohornfan
3/20/2006, 03:13 PM
I haven't really heard too many doomsayers on here about the football team. The basketball team on the other hand...

You guys were a young team last year breaking in a new QB who was following in the footsteps of one of OU's greatest. Bomar, along with the rest of the team, got progressively better as the season went on.

You'll get progressively better during Spring practice, and hopefully by the start of the season you'll be ready to kick *** and take names (except for ours). I wouldn't worry about it too much; I think you're going to have a great season.

SicEmBaylor loves Sooner Peni.

Pitiful, even for a Baylor Bear.

mojohornfan
3/20/2006, 03:17 PM
Way to screw with my avatar.

Funny thing is, I kind of like it. Thats the only way you sooners can see the OU B-ball players in action.

TripleOption14
3/20/2006, 04:09 PM
Next year won't be much better because we lose 4 starters from the end of last year.

Much zone blocking in future I see!!

oumartin
3/20/2006, 04:16 PM
back to the title of this thread.

What really ****es me off ...............NickZeppelin

The Consumate Showman
3/20/2006, 04:30 PM
Way to screw with my avatar.

Funny thing is, I kind of like it. Thats the only way you sooners can see the OU B-ball players in action.

yawn.....

if we claimed to be a perennial basketball school, then I'd give a crap.......

Quick. Give me a run down on football NC's at both schools. Got that. Now, how many of UT's came under former OU staff or alumni??????

Thanks. Now go home! :mack: :mack: :mack:

SicEmBaylor
3/20/2006, 11:29 PM
SicEmBaylor loves Sooner Peni.

Pitiful, even for a Baylor Bear.

WTF are you talking about dip ****?
I'm from Oklahoma and was a sooner fan until the day my Baylor acceptance letter arrived. OU is still my 2nd favorite team, and if you have a problem with that you can kiss my ***.

I may go to school in Texas but it'll be one f-ing cold day in hell before I root for a whorn.

olevetonahill
3/20/2006, 11:36 PM
WTF are you talking about dip ****?
I'm from Oklahoma and was a sooner fan until the day my Baylor acceptance letter arrived. OU is still my 2nd favorite team, and if you have a problem with that you can kiss my ***.

I may go to school in Texas but it'll be one f-ing cold day in hell before I root for a whorn.
Man Id have gotten My degree from east popcorn state before Id ever go to a saxet institute of lower learning ! :D

bigdsooner
3/21/2006, 02:02 AM
somebody help me out. what is ut or asstin one of the best places for, i cant remember :confused:

:D

SicEmBaylor
3/21/2006, 02:26 AM
Man Id have gotten My degree from east popcorn state before Id ever go to a saxet institute of lower learning ! :D

But it isn't a Texas state school at least. :(

SicEmBaylor
3/21/2006, 02:30 AM
somebody help me out. what is ut or asstin one of the best places for, i cant remember :confused:

Homosexuals and Hippies.

CtheB
3/21/2006, 08:28 AM

Boomer Sooner 2006

Let's take it all home

I think the proper tone is guarded optimism. No doubt the kids we have possess some talent, but in many instances, the talent is raw and inexperienced at absolutely the worst positions (QB, OL and DB) to go win a title. Granted, things should be much better in at least two of these positions this year, but to think we are at the level...today....to go compete for a title is not reasonable. Give em a spring, a fall, and a few games and we'll know exactly what this team is capable of.

Myself, I see marked improvement in this team from where they were last year, but last year's team was way off the mark when you speak of national championship football. Even the 1999 team showed glimpses of its potency when it gained double digit leads on everyone they played (sans Ole Miss).

In 2007; however, the talent will have come full circle, have experience, and I think we'll be poised for a title run.

MojoRisen
3/21/2006, 09:33 AM
I also think there will not be two titans like last year. Nobody will be at the level USC and Texas were in my opinion- I think we are looking at a slightly improved ND team who got handled in the BCS by a good defense & the rest of the teams have fallen down a bit.

It makes for a better dream of a championship!

bigdsooner
3/21/2006, 03:39 PM
Homosexuals and Hippies.